• Published 13th Jan 2019
  • 3,197 Views, 103 Comments

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2: Adventures From Sodor - LPFanFic



The Equestria Girls travel to the Island of Sodor to stop an old enemy and their devastating scheme. All while Thomas and his friends try to find purpose in an ever changing world.

  • ...
 103
 3,197

Chapter 16: Learning The Ropes

Thomas & Equestria Girls 2:
Adventures From Sodor!

Chapter 16: Learning the Ropes

Today was a brand-new day for the humane seven on Sodor. Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer had just returned from the mainland with new batches of coal and water to keep their engines fueled during their stay on the Island. Now, the Girls had more than enough recourses to keep their mobility in check.

Best of all, Twilight Sparkle was now moving on her own! After some trial and error, Twilight soon learned to drive without having another engine coupled up to her. She was free to move about on her own with as much ease as the others. Her and Sunset also came to agree that both girls needed to contribute their own leadership in order to teach the others the proper use of being an engine. Especially after hearing the accident Applejack and the others got into. After stocking up on fuel, Sunset and Twilight knew one place where they can teach them to handle their engines properly.

The Girls decided to travel to Ulfstead Castle and met up with the engines residing there again. Applejack, unfortunately, had to remain behind for repairs. Her accident from earlier this morning left her front buffers bent and broken, and her front and driving wheels in a similar state. Applejack sadly watched her friends take off and leave the Steamworks while she was left to be hoisted up by an engine gantry so the engineers could inspect her wheels.

"Not to worry, Applejack," Sir Topham Hatt assured. "We'll have you fixed up and back on the tracks before the next day."

"Good," She said. "I don't like sittin' around doin' nothin'."

"Ah, but you wouldn't have been in this spot if you'd all had stay put and not go off singing that song of yours."

"But our song was workin' though. At least, I thought so. I just hope my friends can find a way to use it."

"They will. But you all must get the hang of being engines first. It's a good thing your friends are off taking care of that as we speak."

"Shouldn't I be with them then?"

"Not in the state you're in. Once we've tune up the damage, splotch up some scuffs, and add a little extra modification, you can join Twilight and the rest soon enough."

"Uh, alright. If yah say so, Sir."

Sir Topham Hatt joined the engineers to speed up the process. He grabbed some tools after adjusting his black tie tied around his head, and went up to inspect Applejack's driving wheels. They weren't as much in bad shape, but they weren't fit to roll on the rails either. It had been a long time since Sir Topham Hatt did this much work. He wasn't so sure if he still had the knack to fix an engine.

"Alright, Topham," He said to himself. "You're not working with coffeepots anymore."

"What's that about coffee pots now?!" Applejack asked, misunderstanding what he meant.


Meanwhile at Ulfstead Castle, everyone had gathered at the Estate Railway where passengers get off on two platforms stationed along both ends of the main junction along the narrow-gauge and standard gauge tracks. The Girls were all lined up beside one another while Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer parked in front of them. Duck, Oliver, and Scottish Twins Donald and Douglas were also there, keeping an eye out for anyone suspecting or questioning the presences of all these steam engines.

Twilight Sparkle was nervous to start off planning what her friends needed to do. She normally didn't have to think about deciding on behalf of everyone. It only came to her during an hour of crisis. But Sunset Shimmer was by her side to reassure any stresses, which was able to put Twilight back at ease as she watched her and her friends discuss what they discovered while they were away.

"So, wait, you actually conquered magic after singing like we always have?" Sunset asked.

"Just as I knew we would," Rarity crowed. "Applejack shared her song with us and we were beaming with real equestrian magic!"

"You sure it wasn't just your fancy rocks that made all that?" Oliver asked.

"It isn't just our Geodes that give us powers," Rainbow Dash said. "We've all got the magic of friendship inside us."

"Each Of Us Can Do All Sorts Of Cool Stuff By Singing Together, Playing Instruments, Or Embracing What Makes Us All Special!" Pinkie explained.

"Does this mean we can use this against the Siren now?" Fluttershy asked. "Even though she said it wouldn't work on Sodor?"

"Maybe," Sunset Shimmer thought. "Most likely she meant not in the state we're in."

The Girls all shared collective glances of confusion. Twilight knew what Sunset was talking about and was next to speak up.

"For instance," Twilight Sparkle began. "Applejack nearly fell into the sea from using too much strength, Rainbow Dash's speed uses up all her fuel, and Fluttershy still can't use her brakes."

"Well, what about Rarity?" Spike asked.

"Nothing wrong with moi, dear," Rarity assured. "I haven't the slightest incident this entire time. Guess I'm just too good at being a train."

"We still haven't figured out Rarity's thing, yet," Sunset said.

"And Pinkie Pie," Twilight said. "I'd tone it down if I were you. We don't want you ending up like Applejack when you're doing, well, what you normally do. You could get into a much bigger accident."

"Aw, But I'm So Good At Defying Physics!"

"Our faults are only going to get in the way when we face against the Siren, which is why we're here to work on getting better at being locomotives."

"Obviously, I don't need to work on anything either, uh," Spike asked.

Twilight giggled, "Nope. You're good just the way you are, Spike."

"Yes!" Spike self-congratulated.

But Duck was getting anxious. He and the others heard that Gisborne's engine was at Ulfstead Castle this morning looking for the Girls and the engines who traveled with them to the Other Railway. It was clear to everyone that Adagio was on to them, which made Duck worried for his friend's safety.

"Glad you girls are working on your drive and all, but you really shouldn't be doing this here,"

"Nonsense, Duck," Douglas said. "We owe it tae these girls. Is the least we can dae tae offer 'em sanction whilst Ulfstead is closed tae the public."

"But Stephen told us the Siren was looking for us this morning after we left for the Mainland. If Gerard Gisborne knew of our involvement, not only will he punish us, but he might have our new friends taken away too."

"Nah," Oliver said. "They've got their magic and stuff to prevent that. It's this Siren creature we ought to be more worried about."

"Aye," Douglas said. "She could turn her mockle magic ontae us an' start a frenzy."

"Did ye lassies figure out her plan yet?" Donald asked. "I want tae know why she had the nerve tae send Dougie an' the other steamies away juist sae diesels can take our place!"

"Three of them once tried consuming negative energy by putting everyone at our school against each other, and using our equestrian magic to enhance their power," Sunset explained.

"Then that's likely what she has in mind except now she has her eyes set on Sodor," Duck said.

"But If she takes over Sodor," Spike said, "then what if she comes back to our dimension again?!"

"Or Equestria, Or Any Other Place Once Her Gem Is Filled With All That Ichy, Terrible Negenergy?!" Pinkie Pie said. "Which Is Like Negativity And Energy Only Worse When They're Combined!"

Twilight Sparkle further elaborated when she began putting the pieces together.

"The Siren came here through the Magic Railroad, which means she's likely figured out that it leads to different worlds other than our own." Twilight suddenly gasped. "That must be it! Once she has control of Sodor, she'll lead everyone into the Magic Railroad and overwhelm other dimensions until she's built an unstoppable army!"

Everyone gasped with shock. Now her travels to Sodor made all the more sense. They were still a bit iffy on the steam engines, but perhaps because diesels are mostly aggressive and rough that Adagio Dazzle can conquer more negativity from them. And when she does, she'll have all the power needed to put everyone under her spell, and preform whatever bidding Adagio demands, including the invasion of other worlds.

The thought of Adagio gathering an army of enchanted diesels and otherworldly citizens sent a shiver down everyone's boiler.

"Okay, now we really need to teach her a lesson!" Rainbow Dash said, shifting impatiently on her wheels.

"But what about steam engines, though?" Oliver asked. "Does she only need diesels for her take over?"

Sunset thought to herself. "She did mentioned something about Thomas and our friends as if they might've been important somehow. Something about our magic not having any effect without us and them being all together? I don't really know how she would know this."

"But those engines don't have any magic," Duck said. "Do they?"

"How can they?" Rarity said. "Aside from our Geodes, there isn't any real Equestrian magic in this world. The closest they have to magic is Gold Dust."

"Well, what does she know about our magic?" Rainbow Dash argued. "Let's just do what we did this morning and stop this in one sweep! She won't know what hit her."

"Except she will, Rainbow Dash," Sunset said. "That's exactly what she expects from us. She knows we can't defeat her the way we are. She'll just steal our magic to refill her's again."

"But Sunset-"

Sunset cuts Rarity off.

"Ponying up won't work like it does back home. We have to master being engines before doing anything that could end up giving her an advantage over us."

"So, what do you call what did we this morning then?" Rainbow Dash said.

"Nearly falling into the sea while bringing the entire Island's attention on you perhaps?" Duck commented.

"Theoretically, we could still technically utilize our magic," Twilight added. "And that's only on the basis that luck played a huge factor on our first arrival. But the way we're currently functioning is getting nor is it going to us nowhere in the current state we're in."

But the Girls didn't seem to sure. Everyone all thought they knew what they were doing upon entering Sodor. The Girls were still confident that their new found abilities would be the key to saving everyone. However, after the mess they've nearly gotten themselves into, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy began doubting themselves now that they thought about their limitations.

Rainbow Dash wasn't proud about her speed using up her fuel, Pinkie Pie didn't like the thought of getting herself hurt, and Fluttershy had been most upset about her brakes since her near accident. They could only imagine what Applejack was going through after nearly tipping herself and her friends into the ocean. Twilight and Sunset could see this and looked to each other, feeling just as uncertain. Twilight, on the other hand, tried mustering up courage to lend her voice.

"I know everyone's eager to stop the Siren. And we're just as anxious about our friends. Not a minute goes by when I don't think about what condition Edward or Henry are in."

Twilight said this while looking directly at Fluttershy, knowing she more than likely shared the same thought. And she did, as Fluttershy displayed a worried look at this reminder.

"Sodor's magic works differently than ours," Sunset said. "We're just not ready for it yet."

"But… I Thought We Were Really Good At Being Engines," Pinkie Pie said, a little saddened.

Rarity, Spike and Rainbow Dash felt the same after what Pinkie Pie said. Twilight and Sunset were also taken aback a little when they saw the solemnness sweep everyone.

Fluttershy whimpered a little. "Twilight, are my brakes the reason we can't save Henry?"

"Not at all, Fluttershy," Twilight empathized. "All of you are more than capable of adapting. Especially you."

Fluttershy and the others looked back at each other with a twinkle of hope in their friend's eyes. Twilight continued her speech.

"By working together, we can acclimate to our engine forms quicker than our Geodes. Rainbow Dash can still be fast, Applejack can still be strong, and Pinkie Pie can still be Pinkie Pie as long as we continue doing what we're best at while baring mind our current limitations."

Despite some lingering doubt, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike were liking Twilight's speech so far. Even Duck, Oliver, Donald and Douglas were beaming over their conversation too.

"The Siren won't counteract us if we adapt to this world's magic," Sunset Shimmer Finished. "Even with or without Equestrian powers, we still have the most important magic to unite and overcome anything thrown at us."

"The Magic of Friendship?" Spike asked.

"The Magic of Friendship," Sunset repeated, proudly.

The Girls felt more inspired now than they ever were. Twilight's speech managed to help them see past their doubts. Now the confidence they carried this morning and when they first entered Sodor was back and prouder than ever. Duck and the others didn't understand this much, but seeing the look of their smiling faces again made him, Oliver and the Twins do the same.

"I guess I could take it a little easy on my speed," Rainbow Dash said.

"I know I don't wanna do anything too big until my brakes work properly," Fluttershy admitted.

"In deed, darlings. We're all in this together no matter what challenges we must face!" Rarity added.

"Then let the training begin!" Twilight announce.

The Girls cheered in agreement. Duck, Oliver and the Scottish Twins joined in and blew their whistles. But then everyone was surprised when they heard an unfamiliar whistle. The whistle came from Fluttershy, who had blown hers out of nowhere while the Girls were celebrating. Fluttershy was embarrassed at first when all eyes directed at her.

Pinkie Pie tried blowing her whistle too, and emits a high-pitched blast. Rarity does the same, then Sunset, then Twilight too. Each engine could now blow their whistles! Rainbow Dash wasn't impressed by her bell toll but was just as pumped to get started on training. Everyone laughed and practice blowing their whistles again to hear each different pitch.

"So, where're we gonna practice being engines?" Spike asked.

"Ye could always practice in the Dinosaur Park," Douglas suggest. "Is closed off until later in the day. Nobody will be botherin' yous there."

Fluttershy stuttered. "D-dinosaur park?!"

"They're not real Dinosaurs, Fluttershy," Spike laughed.

"Aye," Donald chuckled. "Juist realistic lookin' plastic statues as plain alive as ever they were!"

"Good idea, you two!" Twilight beamed. "And its the perfect place to practice your brakes, Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy perked up upon hearing this. She was looking forward to learning how to brake at last.

"Just like I can circle around in speed with nothing in my way!" Rainbow Dash gloated.

The Girls murmured excitedly while they each puffed off to meet in the Dinosaur park. All except Rarity who tried nudging forward but finding that she couldn't. Her friends soon realized Rarity standing still while darting the ground in a pout.

"Aren't Cha Coming, Rarity?" Pinkie beamed.

"I don't feel like it!" She pouted.

"Is something wrong with your engine?" Sunset asked, concerned.

"Wait a minute," Twilight inspected. "Didn't you remember to fill up with coal before we left?"

Rarity looked away in a snooty manner. The rest shot Rarity annoyed expressions.

"Rarity!" Twilight and Sunset said in unison.

"Ugh, honestly! How can you expect me to carry such sooty lumps of rock?"

"Because that's the only way you can get around!" Twilight lectured.

"Then what good is having water if coal is the only means to drive one's engine?"

"Guess we figured out Rarity's thing," Sunset said with a dry demeanor.

Rarity still felt ashamed despite her stances. After refilling her tender with left over trucks of coal the Girls shared with Duck and the others, Sunset, Twilight and the rest went back to planning out their training for the day.


The group entered through a mountain tunnel nearby the estate and met in the Dinosaur Park. The park itself had plenty of tracks, and plenty of animatronic dinosaurs, for the Girls to practice. The Girls were eager to get started, as each of them split off into two groups and dispersed around the empty park.

Rainbow Dash was already speeding circles around the park with her Geode until Sunset advised her not use her Geode. Sunset quickly deduced that Rainbow Dash's Geode commonly activates when she hits a certain speed radius. She then had Rainbow Dash test how fast she can go without using her Geode by having her drive at a certain speed. The faster she went, the more her Geode would kick in. But doing so sent her flying down the tracks and circling around the park in a continuous blue blur, and spotting with eyes spinning in a dizzying swirl.

Sunset then went to check on Pinkie Pie, only to find she wasn't anywhere to be seen. She then gazed at the animatronic t-rex and saw Pinkie Pie sitting next to and imitating their loud roaring. Pinkie laughed while Sunset bared a small smile of amusement. Sunset then found Pinkie Pie later on standing on top of the model Volcano, emitting smoke from her funnel to mimic an erupting volcano. Sunset signaled her to get back on the rails, having enough of keeping track of what crazy spot she'd be on next. Pinkie Pie could only chuckle sheepishly.

Twilight Sparkle uncoupled Fluttershy from Spike and encouraged her to move towards Rarity, providing her with the safest means to stop in case Fluttershy couldn't do so herself. Fluttershy, nervous beyond clattering wheels, began moving forward. But as she did, she showed no signs of stopping and rammed straight into Rarity. Fluttershy drove all the way back into Twilight then began the run again. Twilight payed extra close attention to Fluttershy's pattern, calculating each run to spot any difference. There didn't seem to be any difference. Fluttershy kept biffing against a staggered Rarity again, again, and again.

Sunset, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash met up with their friends after wrapping up their training. Twilight and Sunset both shared worried glances. Fluttershy knew they were likely ashamed of her, because she was disgraced by her lack of progress.


The Girls decided to head back to the Steamworks and check up on Applejack. They still had plenty of time in the day to explore the island and practice their training while riding down the mainland.

Along the way, however, they were ambushed yet again by Western, Whistler, And Skinhead, who were fixed up from their last encounter and eager to get their revenge. They were accompanied by other diesel locomotives and shunters who had learned of the steam engines residing on Sodor and wanted in on bringing them to either Adagio or Gisborne. The diesels all surrounded the Girls, cutting off any access of escaping from either end.

But instead of showing fear, minus Fluttershy, both Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer shared a glance, then smirked with determination. Three of the diesels facing them raised their brow in confusion. Sunset, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Rarity biffed and bashed against the diesels and pushed them out of their way and down the tracks. This ended up spitting the group apart. But the Girls were confident in their abilities to handle their own.

Rainbow Dash opted from using her Geode and simply relied on her regular speed to push, pull, and bash any diesel that came near her or her friends. Most diesels she would just lightly derail to put a stop to their persistence. She found Skinhead was really putting up a fight. He continued pushing her back while cackling over her feeble resistance. This forced Rainbow Dash to use all the strength she had to put in everything she could and push Skinhead back far enough away. Rarity chuffed in and created a ramp strong enough to knock him off the tracks completely.

Then Rarity used her geode to construct more diamond ramps and sent Whistler flying off the tracks and landing on his side. Any diesel that came near her were met with a face first collision against her diamond walls blocking the line between herself and the diesels. Western and a diesel shunter persistently bashed the barrier in hopes of getting by. Rarity simply smirked with a roll of her eyes and forced the walls back against the two diesels, pushing them further away and into a diamond construct of a railway tracks, which veered off from the line and into a pond of swampy mud.

Fluttershy and Spike sped away from Den and Dart in hot purist. They were closing in on the two. Fluttershy screamed as she crossed over a level junction. Just as Den and Dart neared the intersection themselves, a train of trucks zoomed by in a purple magical aura, and blocked their path completely. The magic aura came from Twilight, who hid away in a siding close by. The two diesels couldn't stop on time and ended up colliding into the truck's sides. They knocked the trucks off the rails and even derailed themselves with their front wheels now sitting off from the track.

Twilight Sparkle giggled to herself then left to find Sunset. Sunset had just finished biffing and bashing a few diesels when she and Twilight met again. Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer both rode down the tracks side by side with full confidence.


At Knapford Station, Gerard Gisborne, with two assistance on both sides, marched down the station platform with stern complexions. He had just gotten word of all the commotion being caused by what appeared to be a group of steam engines using abstract methods of derailing his diesels. Gisborne was not happy about this at all and was looking to put a stop to their antics immediately.

Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle puffed in from the shunting yard next to Knapford station and froze in their tracks. Far off on platforms 5&6 was Gerard Gisborne and his two assistance. They were just about close enough where he could spot the two with one turn of his head. The two girls begin to panic until Sunset came up with an idea.

Arms on his hips, Gisborne surveyed the main junction before looking over at the shunting yard. He found only a train of red passenger coaches being shunting behind the station by an engine out of view, not knowing that it was really Twilight Sparkle moving the train with her telekinesis in an effort to shield her and Sunset from being seen by him. Gisborne shrugged this off and proceeded to exit the platform and continue his investigation. Sunset and Twilight sighed a breath of relief before deciding to leave Knapford all together before someone actually spots them.


Meanwhile, a pack of diesel shunters found Pinkie Pie in Tidmouth's shunting yard. But to their surprise, they found her coupled up with six rows of Troublesome Trucks at the front and back, and spinning profusely around on the turntable.

The turntable spun much faster than it normally should. The Troublesome Trucks were being dragged across track by track while rotating in a dizzying blur. The diesel shunters tried getting close to Pinkie, but each time they did the front Troublesome truck would whip them back. It was almost impossible to reach her. Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, was laughing away and having a blast while gyrating faster than anyone could see her or the Trucks for that matter. The Troublesome Trucks were not having nearly as much fun as Pinkie Pie's pitch sounded.

The diesels shunters had enough of her silliness and tried stopping her out of control spinning for good. It wasn't until 'Arry got knocked off his tracks by one of the Trucks and toppled over did his brother Bert the other diesels see no way of reaching this crazy engine, and eventually sacred them into leaving when more shunters got knocked off their tracks by Pinkie's impenetrable turntable.

"Retreat!" Bert called.

One by one the diesel shunters backed off and scurried away. The turntable finally slowed to a stop. Pinkie Pie panted with more energy left in her system to spare.

"YEAH! WHO WANT'S SOME MORE!" Pinkie yelled, looking for any other diesel to challenge her.

But the Troublesome Trucks were all too woozy from the rotation.

"No… more," Said a dizzy truck.


It took everyone some time to find each other. The Island of Sodor was a huge place, and the Girls managed to get lost super easy. Sunset had a basic understanding and stuck with Twilight to find the rest. Eventually, they ran into Pinkie Pie, then Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and finally Fluttershy and Spike. Each of the Girls were worried someone might've gotten lost or taken by a diesel. But when those worries soon washed out, the gang expressed excitement and celebrated their victories over the diesels yet again.

"I can't believe we just did that!" Twilight said, excitedly. "Can you believe we did that? I can't believe it either! Even though before I was convinced that there was no way we could pull this off except we did! We're so getting good!"

Sunset could only smile and snicker to herself.

"And all I had to do was believe in myself."

Twilight drifted off and thought about her friends, giving her more confidence and belief in herself.

"You know, Twilight," Sunset confided. "I also know a friend who taught me a valuable lesson."

"You do? What did they say?"

"'A great leader doesn't lead by making others bow before her, but by inspiring others to stand with her'."

Twilight thought about it more and realized Sunset meant it for her. This made Twilight feel inspired. Whoever taught Sunset this quote must've been helpful and wise.

"Who told you that?"

"You did."

Twilight wore a perplexed face.

"Well, not you exactly but the pony you. And it was actually Principal Celestia that said it after I almost used Twilight's crown to conquer Equestria. So…"

Twilight smiled. "So, the lesson can really be passed on to just about anyone. Pony princesses, former enemies,"

"And best friends," Sunset finished.

Both friends shared a wholesome smile until Rainbow Dash caught everyone's attention.

"Whoa! Check out Applejack!"

Puffing up to the group was Applejack, now fully fixed up with some of her paint switched around and modifications added.

Her smokebox and funnel were now painted a Pale, light grayish olive. The front running board above her brand-new set of red buffer beam with silver buffers was also repainted in a white color similar to most North Western engines. On top of that, Applejack was given light brown, wagner-type smoke deflectors that were only attached to both sides of her smokebox, taking up the top running board and not the rest of her front like a traditional deflector. This gave Applejack enough peripheral vision to see both sides of her left and right.

Her friends were all impressed. Despite initial hesitance on her end, Sir Topham Hatt assure Applejack that she'd look better than she did upon entering Sodor. And seeing her friend's reactions made the hassle of waiting for her modifications to finish seem almost worth it.

"Howdy! Sorry I took so long," Applejack said. "Those engineers did one heck of a job touching up my sores. Even repainted a few splotches and polished my buffers."

"Look at those metal plate thingys on your face!" Fluttershy said.

"Oh, these old things?" She said, humbly. "Ah, shucks. Ain't nothin' to point out. Sir thought it'd be a good to have 'em since they were just layin' around and all. 'Parently they're good fer clearin' smoke or somehtin'."

"Can you even see pass those ugly elephant ears?" Rarity asked. "They look ever so cumbersome."

"Ah, they ain't so bad. Shoulda seen what they were originally designed to look like," Applejack chuckled. "Could barely see from my lefts to my rights!"

"I'm glad you're all better now, Applejack," Twilight Sparkle said. "We can all get back to adapting to our engine forms."

"How did you find us?" Fluttershy asked.

Just then, Mr. and Mrs. Birdie flew in and circled around a chuckling Applejack.

"I kinda had a hunch these two were the same birds you've been talkin' to. Started followin' 'em when they wouldn't quit yammerin'."

Mr. & Mrs. Birdie flew over to Fluttershy and landed on her front footplate. Fluttershy giggled the more they rubbed their heads against her cheeks.

"Amazing!" Twilight said. "You were able to follow them to us?"

"They've gotten better at recognizing us," Fluttershy said, sweetly. "Yes, you did!"

"Hey yeah! Maybe Fluttershy can ask the animals to help us keep in touch?" Applejack suggested. "If we get separated or lost at any point, we'll know where each of us are by followin' em back to one another."

"Like Cellphones?!" Pinkie Pie asked. "Or A GPS, Or Email?"

"Animal cellphones!" Rainbow Dash added.

Pinkie Pie screamed with excitement. "I LOVE IT!"

"So," Applejack asked. "What else did I miss?"

"You wanna relay what you said to the others, Twilight, or should I?" Sunset joked.

Twilight giggled and the rest soon joined in. But Applejack had no idea what they were laughing about. Twilight explained the discussion over what they have planned out, eventually inspiring the same devotion and determination onto Applejack.


Meanwhile, Adagio Dazzle was following Midlander and her truck of Silver Dust she discovered in the Blue Mountain Quarry. Adagio demanded to be taken to its source, so Midlander guided her to where she and the workmen found the strange pile of sparkles. After Midlander showed what she found, Adagio was desperate to know how it got to this Island all the way from Equestria; the last place where she found the silver substances.

The Blue Mountain Quarry is a large slate quarry centralized in the mountains at the core of Sodor near the Skarloey Railway. The digging company localized there is responsible for supplying and transportation slate and stone on the Island of Sodor. Little narrow-gauge steam engines used to work on this railway, but like everywhere else on Sodor, they too were replaced by diesel engines. Only Rusty, the little diesel, was the only one who originally worked with the steam engines to still be operating the line with other diesels.

Midlander rolled into the Quarry's entrance with Adagio Dazzle puffing from behind on a duel gauge track. The two rolled under a stone bridge with the Quarry's blue company logo bolted to the sides. The Quarry itself was still just as bustling with hard working engines. Some collected small trucks loaded with slate and took them through tunnels, over bridges, and under hoppers where slate was dispensed.

"Well, this is the Blue Mountain Quarry," Midlander introduced.

"So I see," Adagio commented, unimpressed.

There were plenty of stone crushers, engine huts, sheds and stations to occupy the expansive space. There was also Owen the incline traction engine, whose job is to transfer trucks of slate up and down the incline to the top mountain where only narrow-gauge engines could access, and bottom level where only standard gauge engines work. Narrow gauge tracks covered every flat surface from top to bottom, from every bridge to every tunnel. Even a few standard tracks led into a tunnel or two. But only the Narrow-gauge engines could travel further above where the little engines could see the whole quarry from a higher vantage point, and where most of their slate is dug up and delivered for Owen to lower back down to the bottom.

Adagio and Midlander arrived at the center. Diesels stopped hauling their freight and stared in fright at the big orange and purple engine creeping into their yard. Adagio payed no attention and continued following a reluctant Midlander until the two engines stopped in front of a dual gauge turntable.

"Now tell me," Adagio inquired, "where specifically did you acquire these sparkles?"

"We only found a small batch from a trail leading further into the Quarry. But only a narrow-gauge engine can travel beyond that point."

Midlander saw that Adagio was intently fixated on her truck of silver sparkles. The more she kept glaring at them, the more flashes of Adagio's past rifling through her head from the moment she first found these twinkling specs.

"Follow the trail you retrieved this from and see where it leads to," Adagio looked to Midlander again with an intense stare.

Midlander was confused. "Excuse me?"

"Find more silver sparkles. Have the men scrounge the entire quarry if you have to until a source is found."

"But-But we have to have Gisborne's permission first. And we still have to prepare all this slate for delivery to Brendam."

"I see. Allow me to clear your schedule for you then."

Adagio then sung her melody to persuade Midlander, the workmen and all the other narrow-gauge diesels near their vicinity. The diesels paused their work as their eyes glowed an eerie green when her voiced reached and echoed in their radiators. Midlander's eyes grew green too, losing all thought and will to argue back. Although her power wasn't strong enough as before, Adagio could still manipulate those around her to behave and carry out a motive for her own needs. Especially upon discovering the Silver Dust, Adagio wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"Now you have all the time needed to dig up more Silver Sparkles," Adagio smirked. "I'll be back to check on your progress right after I investigate the whereabouts of Sunset Shimmer and her measly friends."

Midlander was still nervous but went off to collect more trucks and find more workmen to begin their excavation.

"If those rumors about their sighting were any indication, then those Girls have finally arrived on this puny Island," Adagio said to herself. "Now I just need to make sure they're not close to foiling everything and keep them at bay."

But just then, a cloud of green smoke flew in a single stream over to Adagio and seeped into her glistening red lantern, consuming all the negative energy instigated by a band of engines that carried a familiar course of magic Adagio needed. Adagio took delight in its taste; a taste of negativity she was hoping to acquire when the Girls from Canterlot High arrived in this world.

"On second thought, there's no need." Adagio Dazzle smirked and evil grin, "Because they're already at work."


To Be Continued.