• Published 25th Feb 2019
  • 1,156 Views, 46 Comments

Flatline - The Blue EM2

  • ...
6
 46
 1,156

Credits

Madeleine Peters-Scootaloo
Nicole Oliver-Cheerilee
Brad Pitt-Will
Claire Corlett-Sweetie Belle
Sunni Westbrook-Cozy Glow
Richard Ian Cox and Ian James Corlett-doctors
Donald Sumpter-Doctor Stable
Ashleigh Ball-the nurse, Rainbow Dash (flashback)
Felicia Day-Pear Butter
Michelle Creber-Apple Bloom
Vincent Tong-Rumble
Jay David-Mr David (flashback)
Peter Capaldi-gentleman on platform
Brian Drummond-station master
Idris Elba-other passenger
Terence Stamp-Peter
James MacAvoy-Paul
Morgan Freeman-God

Comments ( 24 )

i'll read this later, but just reading the title made me think of "not gonna die" by skillet, just thought i might say

9483580
Thanks man. Please do tell me what you think.

Nice avatar, by the way!

Morgan Freeman-God

Literally can not stop laughing.:rainbowlaugh:

9483891
I couldn't resist the Bruce Almighty reference.

9499439

I mean 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'. I had hoped the Hogwarts Express statement would make it obvious.
Specifically I meant chapter 35 'Kings' Cross' Which effectively displays Limbo as a train station and implies the concept of a train to the afterlife.

That being said, the HE is pulled by a GWR Hall in the Movies. The books and accompanying material never go into more detail than stating that it is a '4-6-0 Steam Engine'. Given the movies' track record for changing things, regardless of their import, forgive me if I don't trust them as a source of information in such matters.

9499673
I see. Interestingly, a Bulleid Light Pacific (34027 Taw Valley) was repainted as Hogwarts Castle as part of the marketing for the release of Goblet of Fire. The original plan was to use the engine in the movies, but director Chris Columbus rejected this idea as he felt the engine looked too modern.

The echoes of Harry Potter there were entirely coincidental, as the idea of the heavenly railway is quite an old one.

9499676

After your stories inspired me (yes, you gave me ideas ... that's a dangerous thing to do) I'm actually working on a HP crossover of my own. In the process I also did some research on the Hogwarts express. For example, I learned that it must have been replaced at least once, seeing how it is described as a 4-6-0 while the reference material also states that the train was taken from Crewe in 1835. Needless to say that 4-6-0s hadn't been designed by that time.

9499684
Indeed. I imagine the original was some sort of long boilered 0-6-0.

Thanks for using my work as inspiration. You have no idea how humbling that is.

9499689
Actually the only thing it could be, given the time period and the railway history in the area of Crewe, is a 2-2-0 or a 2-2-2. Those were simply the only types of engines at the time.

As for the inspiration, let me warn you that the primary part you inspired isn't coming until I get to year five. I am twenty seven chapters into writing this story, but year one hasn't technically started yet.

9499693
27 chapters? Wow. My longest work thus far is only 11!

9499696
Yes ... your work seems to have the impeccable quality of being able to get to the point ... meanwhile I'm twenty seven chapters into writing a Sunset in Hogwarts story and Sunset isn't anywhere near Hogwarts. Admittedly, the story started half a year before the start of school, now its only nine days ... but still ... I have this tendency to get a little side-tracked ...

9499710
You really think so?

I'll take that as a complement.

Usually I dont enjoy Christian stories, them being cheesy, but I actually enjoyed this one

9504816
Thank you. Tell me, what did you especially like?

I find a concern with incorporating faith is not ramming it down people's throats. After all, people read stories on Fimfiction to enjoy themselves, not to be preached at.

9511854
We can have happy endings in fiction, so why not?

9511854
I was just saying that the happy portion made me tearier than the sad portion

9674561
With his authoritative voice and certain gravitas, you can't go wrong there. Thanks for reading.

9783112
I never submitted this for review.

9783118
You didn't? huh. could've sworn I saw it in the please review folder.

9783273
Oh. Maybe I did and forgot.

Login or register to comment