• Published 18th Nov 2018
  • 5,375 Views, 75 Comments

Undertale: Ponies And A Humerus Skeleton - WhalenJP



The adventure begins, with us waking up in a pastel colored, pony inhabited world, and I meet the most pecilular ponies in a small town with a castle nearby, Who am I, I Am Sans the Skeleton...

  • ...
8
 75
 5,375

Chapter 09: A Skeleton, A Changeling Queen, A Connection…

Chapter 09: A Skeleton, A Changeling Queen, A Connection…

When Sans woke up a week later after the ‘Pranking of Ponyville Incident’, he would call you crazy if you told him that you were gonna be falling for a Changeling Queen
But lemme tell you how that road started…

It was a dark and snowy night, in the Badlands of Equestria where all things dangerous formed,
Where Radscorpions, Deathclaws and Changelings roamed the dirt road…

Whoops, that was a different timeline, I apologise…

Anyways…

Sans was riding on one of Celestia’s chariots being pulled through the air by a couple of pegasi guards.

The Royal Chariot zoomed through the air at high speeds, even Rainbow Dash might have trouble keeping up with.

The destination? The Equestrian Badlands…

Princess Celestia thought that Sans would make a perfect ambassador to discuss a treaty between Ponies and Changelings, and sent him along his way with a benevolent, borderline smile that looked sly if you squint really hard.

Even her magenta eyes were twinkling with mischief, that made Sans accustomed to himself when he was in a pranking mood.

Thorax was sitting on his haunches next to him, shifting uneasily due to the proximity of Sans’ aura being seen due to his sight.

… And it was immensely powerful…

He wished Spike was here, his new dragon friend that he made at the party a week after the Invasion was ‘cancelled’, so to say.

They have so much in common with their obsession with Power Ponies comics and board games.

The chariot started descending, jostling Sans out of his sightseeing of the world going by underneath him and turned to Thorax.

“ Hey buddy, you ready? Lemme know if this will BUG you…”

Thorax blinked at the pun for a moment, figuring it out, then snerking at it.

The chariot landed, making it bumpy for a couple of seconds as it slowed down to a brisk trot.

One of the pegasi guards looked over his shoulder, calling out.

“ We’re here, Ambassador!”

Sans nodded, letting the stallion know he acknowledged it, and opened the door, putting his bony hands into his hoodie pockets and sauntered out without a stumble.

While Thorax flew out with a buzz of his wings; sorta nervous, sorta excited to be back home.

-------------------------------

*Back in the real world*

A 320 lbs man was sitting at his computer in his apartment, typing something.
When suddenly...

‘He’s Nervouscited!’

‘GAH!!! Pinkie! Get the heck outta my computer!’

‘Aw C’mon Whalen!’

‘No! You’re not supposed to be in this Chapter, you’ll be in the next chapter, I promise.’

‘Pinkie Promise?’

‘Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye… Can you go now?’

‘Okie Dokie Lokie!’

The pink one shot back into the computer, leaving WhalenJP a bit shaken...

‘Christ...Anyways…’

-------------------------------

Thorax was Nervouscited about being back home, quivering a couple of times in place next to the skeleton’s statue of a posture.

“ Ya alright, Thorax? You look nervous…” Sans asked, a white pupil looking at the shaking Changeling next to him.

“ I’m alright, Mr. Sans. Just nervous about coming home after so long and-”

Sans held up a hand, interrupting with that same grin he always had, his eye sockets lighting up with amusement.

“ It’s just Sans, Thorax, Mr. Was my father… Now that I think of it, I don’t think I even remember what he used to look like.”

Sans mused for a moment about that train of thought, before hearing the sound of buzzing wings coming from the tall and intimidating spire of Changeling goo that looked like a castle in shape.

In the air, Queen Chrysalis, with Amethyst on her back; Who looked better ever since last week I might add, and a couple of very large Changeling Guards flew down and landed in front of Sans and Thorax.

“Greetings Sans! Welcome to the Badlands Hive.” Chrysalis said, smiling with two little fangs peeking out from her upper lip, making her seem adorable somehow to Sans.

Amethyst caught sight of Thorax and zoomed straight to him, impacted into his chitin of a chest and wrapped her tiny forelegs around his neck.

“ Uncle Thorax! You came back!” said the little ball of cuteness.

Sans blinked his sockets, then muttered under his nonexistent breath, “Uncle Thorax?”

Chrysalis chuckled, trotting over to the male Changeling and hugged him with one foreleg, being mindful of her daughter being squished between them.

“ It is good to see you return home, Brother Thorax. The Hive hasn’t been the same without you.”

After the greetings and formalities were done and over with, Chrysalis sidled her way over to Sans and led him by the arm with her magic.

The skeleton was slightly confused on why the Royal Queen of the Changelings was acting giddy, but that question won’t be revealed in writing until later…

The orthodox group made their way to the entrance of the Hive and Sans glanced around in awe at how there were so many tunnels everywhere, not even the ants back in the Underground can dig this many intricate tunnels and keep their home intact.

They were also good friends of his before the Dirty Brother Killer arrived and turned everyone into dust…

There were gooey lamps with green fire flickering inside, lighting up the large rooms so everyone could see the crowd of Changelings gathered around and watching the group make their way through.

Some were friendly, giving fanged smiles and waves on which Sans returned jovially, there were some of the more skeptical ones that were keeping a close eye on him specifically.

Then there were the ones that were glaring at him in contempt, Even I don’t know what their problem is…

Probably has something stuck up their plots. Sans thought, internally amused at the Author’s flair for theatrics.

Once they got through the crowd of Changelings and everyone went through their day; Chrysalis, Amethyst, Sans, and Thorax were left alone in an empty room with a couple of large chairs that had plush cushioning, even though covered in Changeling slime.

Thorax sat down on one of them, sighing in content until Amethyst jumped into him again, causing him to fall back and take the little Changeling Nymph and the chair with him.

Chrysalis and Sans began laughing, holding their sides at this comical sight, while Thorax grumbled and glared at the two for laughing at him in the first place.

The glare softened when he heard Amethyst giggle though…

Once everyone was calmed down, Sans sat down on the gooey chair and laid himself back, lounging in it comfortably, until he heard a giggle.

He opened his eye sockets which closed after he sat down, and saw Chrysalis giggling at him.

The skeleton had to admit, she looked beautiful when she laughed…

And that wasn’t the Author making him say anything, since there were Gaster Blasters surrounding him while he wrote this…

Sans asked, his tone full on laidback, “ What’s so funny, Chryssy?”

Chrysalis stopped laughing, and taking a couple of breaths to get the giggles under control,

“ You just look so completely comfortable in that chair. Those aren’t even properly stuffed to make them comfortable, that’s why there’s slime. To make it a little bit comfortable.”

She giggled again, putting a holed hoof to her mouth to stifle it, and continued,

“ At least you’re enjoying the seat.”

Sans chuckled, stretching his spine as he then sat up straight.

“ Well a chair’s a chair. And chairs are the best furniture to lie back and take a snooze.”

Chrysalis raised an eyebrow, a smirk on her muzzle.

“Oh, is that so?”

Sans nodded, watching Thorax give Amethyst raspberries on her tummy, causing the Nymph to squeal with laughter.

After watching for a few minutes, He then turned serious, saying,

“ We need to talk.”

Chrysalis, not normally afraid of a serious tone when spoken, but when it was SANS of all creatures that spoke it…

It usually is VERY serious…

The Changeling Queen and Skeleton walked out of the room, leaving Thorax at the mercy of Amethyst who was tickling his sides to death, leaving him rolling on his back, trying to defend himself.

Chrysalis and Sans walked through a large hallway filled with Changeling Lanterns, self-sustaining energy lamps that never go out unless destroyed.

The two walked on in silence for a minute before Sans sighed, pressing two fingers against his skull as if to alleviate a headache.

“ I know that you felt our magic connect during the FIGHT, but for some reason I can’t figure out what caused it in the first place, since you didn’t touch me with your magic.”

Chrysalis sat on her haunches and frowned, putting a hoof to her chin and squinting her eyes as she CHECKED her magic levels.

She was shocked…

There was a small chunk of magic that was bluish white, intermingling with her large red and green reservoir.

Sans was slightly confused on why his magic wasn’t fighting against Chrysalis’s, but he had a theory…

Chrysalis was in a sort of trance as she watched her magic wrap around Sans’ in a gentle embrace… Like a warm hug…

Sans snapped his fingers and the Changeling Queen blinked out of her trance, looking at him with shock and confusion in her light green eyes.

" What’s going on?” She asked, wanting answers.

Sans rubbed his jawbone for a few moments, before answering.

" I don’t know, Chryssy. It never happened before, so this is all new to me.” He replied, putting his hands back into his hoodie pockets.

The skeleton was pondering this conundric question, while Chrysalis began to blush a pinkish hue glowing on her cheeks; her mind reeling a thousand miles per second.

She quickly scoured her memories of what the magical connections entitled and one came up…

SOULBOND…

The Changeling Queen rubbed her left hoof against her right foreleg, feeling a warmth fill her chest and a twinging in her stomach that wasn’t uncomfortable.

Sans let out a ‘hmm’, before shrugging his shoulders.

“ I guess we’ll find out what it means in the future, right?” He asked, his eyes filled with an ease and acceptance that made Chrysalis almost sigh in relief.

A squeal of laughter and delight snapped the two out of their musings and looked back to the room they left Thorax and Amethyst in.

Sans chuckled, and looked towards the Queen who was smiling warmly at the sound of laughter.

“ I suppose we should get back to the two before they cause property damage, yeah?”

Chrysalis looked towards the short skeleton, and nodded her head.

“ Agreed, Thorax’s clumsiness cost 100 bits per week in slime chairs and lanterns alone!” She replied, letting out a slight laugh at the memory of the Changeling wearing a lampshade as an article of fashion.

Sans’ grin seemed to grow wider and he held out his hand towards the entrance of the room.

“ Mares first!” He said, causing Chrysalis to blush even more.

“ Such a gentlecolt.” She muttered with a shy smile as she entered the room, passing Sans.

The Skeleton blinked and tensed slightly at the feeling of The Changeling Queen’s tail brushing against him as she passed; before shaking off the stupor he found himself in.

That mare is gonna kill me a second time! He thought with false exasperation, ignoring the fluttering of his HEART and followed the tall Changeling Mare into the room.
----------------------------------------------------------

After the four talked and played games ith Amethyst, Chrysalis had to take her leave and put her daughter to bed.

Amethyst pouted, saying.that she was a big mare now; before she was proven wrong by the adorable yawn that forced out of her tiny mouth.

Sans chuckled, nooging the Changeling nymph with a hand; tussling the light green mane that was tousled by the Skeleton.

“ Looks like the little one is tuckered out!” He said, his eyes glowing warmer at the pout she was making at his noogie.

Thorax chuckled, feeling more relaxed now that he was back home in the Hive; and had gotten to know Sans a little bit better to ignore the aura of power he emanated.

“ I agree, Sans! Here… Lemme put her to bed.” Chrysalis said, getting up from her seat and hoisting the little nymph onto her back; tucked comfortably between her large wings.

When Chrysalis left the room with Amethyst, Thorax waited a few moments before turning to the skeleton; who was watching Chrysalis leave.

“ So…?~” He asked, his wings slightly buzzing from withheld excitement.

Sans turned to Thorax and tilted his skull to the side in confusion; wondering about the Changeling’s new behavior.

“ What?” He asked, suddenly weary.

“ What did you and Queen Chrysalis talk about!?” Thorax blurted out, shifting from side to side as if the answer was the solution to all his problems.

Sans furrowed his eye sockets slightly, surprised at the outburst from the Changeling; before turning his head back to the open doorway; contemplating.

Finally, he answered…

“ Our magic is tethered to each other; I don’t know how or why, but they are.” Sans sighed, his eyes going slightly blank at the memory of seeing Chrysalis’s and his magic swirling around each other.

Thorax suddenly stilled, before letting out a chuckle that sounded to him… like he was nervous.

“ Well… I suppose you better find out!” He said, saying it with a false thoughtfulness that Sans caught diligently.

The Skeleton tilted his head to the other side in confusion again at the Changelings new behavior; before shrugging and leaning back into the chair; sighing.

“ I suppose we will, Thorax…” He replied, lost in thought, “ I suppose we will...”

--------------------

The lanterns lit the hallways as Chrysalis trotted her way through to her daughter’s room; the Nymph in question on her back yawning and buzzing.

“ Mommy?” Amethyst asked, her voice drowsy with tiredness; her eyes blinking out of sync.

“ Yes, dear Amy?” Chrysalis replied, her tone light and full of content that neither of the two had felt in so long.

In the next few moments, she’s gonna feel a whole new emotion...

“ Are you and Mr. Sans gonna get together?”

The question that her daughter asked caused the Queen to halt in her tracks, frozen.

Her mind began whirling a million miles per minute at the ludicrous idea that Amethyst just put into her head.

“ Why… Are you asking such a question?” Chrysalis replied, her tone taking on a softer tone.

The little Nymph buzzed up to her mother’s head and plopped herself down in front of the taller Changeling’s horn; bursting with renewed energy.

“ Because I know that he likes you!” she exclaimed, giggling like it was Hearth’s Warming.

Chrysalis let out a ‘ uhuh’ before continuing to walk again.

“ And where did you get this idea that Sans… LIKES me?” She replied, hesitating on the like part.

She dared not get her hopes up at the idea of a ridiculous notion… She REFUSED!

Amethyst yawned before replying to her mother’s question.

“ I see him looking at you whenever you’re not looking; and - and… he goes all warm-like; like when you hug me!” She said, wrapping her small holed forelegs around her mother’s large head, smiling.

The Queen blinked in surprise at her daughter catching her in the act when she thought the nymph wasn’t looking; before letting out a pink blush that she desperately tried to suppress at the thought of Sans looking at her that way.

NO! I will not give in! She yelled inside her mindscape.

Amethyst then let out a giggle and let out a sing-song tune.

“ Mommy likes Sans~, Mommy likes Sans!~” She said, swaying side to side on top of her mother’s head.

Chrysalis felt her heart beat loud in her ears at the words; before taking a breath to calm herself down, lest she have a panic attack.

“ Now Amethyst, what did we talk about?” She said, her voice in ‘ I’m your mother, and I will scold you for being naughty’ tone.

The nymph froze, her laughing subsiding into nothingness; before plopping herself back on her mother’s head.

“ That we don’t tease others, no matter what?” She sheepishly replied, tapping her hooves together.

Chrysalis sighed; then replied to her daughter’s answer.

“ Yes. We don’t tease others for their interests, be it Pony, Griffin, or Changeling.” She said, her voice still in Stern Mother Mode, “ You don’t look down on others, for we would be hypocrites in their sight.”

Amethyst leaned forward until her head was upside down and looking her mother straight in the eyes; causing the Queen to stop.

“ What’s a… hippo… hyper…” The nymph asked, trying to pronounce the word her mother used.

“ Hypocrite?” Chrysalis offered, amusement shining in her eyes at her daughter trying to use words that were normally used for certain situations not pertaining to this conversation.

Especially where it was going…

She is always too smart for her own good. She thought to herself as Amethyst bobbed her head up and down ( down and up?) to her answer.

“ Yes! That!” She exclaimed, curious for the word and what it meant.

Chrysalis let out a soft smile, before lighting up her horn and lifting her little ‘ Amy’ in her telekinetic field; before dropping her back down on top of her back.

“ A hypocrite means that a person who acts in a way that goes against what he or she claims.” She replied, continuing her trek to Amethyst’s room.

“ It’s like me going through with the invasion of Canterlot, yet not going through with it.” She explained, her mind going back to the time when she first met Sans; and how the Skeleton beat the everloving crap out of her hind.

She still had shivers crawling down her spine due to his power…

Chrysalis snapped back to the present as her eyes caught the little door that had a brighter green hue than the other doors that were placed throughout the hallway; and announced.

“ We’re here, Amy.” Causing the nymph to slightly pout.

“ Awwww, But I don’t want to sleep, mama!” She said, causing the Queen to let out a small giggle at her daughter’s dramatics.

“ I know you don’t, sweetheart. But it’s way past your bedtime.” She said.

The nymph stuck her bottom lip out more, before hopping off her mother’s back.

“ Okay…” Amethyst responded with glumness; slowly trudging her way to the small bedroom.

Chrysalis watched with soft eyes and a small warm smile, before calling out.

“ Amy?” she said, getting her attention.

The nymph turned around, curious as to what her mother had to say to her.

The Queen took a moment, before continuing.

“ Can you keep it a secret as well?” She said, causing Amethyst to tilt her head in confusion at the cryptic question.

“ I… I like Sans too.” Chrysalis replied, before a huge blush spread across her carapice.

The little nymph’s head perked up and squealed so loud it echoed throughout the halls, causing various drones and workers to stop what they were doing and listen with curiosity as to what caused such a commotion.

Chrysalis uncovered her ears and lightly glared at her grinning and suddenly bouncy daughter, who was bouncing from place to place.

“ I knew it! Iknewit knewit knewit knewit!” Amethyst shouted, giggling like a mad filly that had too much sugar in one sitting.

Chrysalis felt her heart beat up faster at the energy her daughter was giving off; and couldn’t help but smile with affection.

-----------------------

*Meanwhile*

“ I wonder what that was all about?” Sans wondered while he faced Thorax in a battle of wits.

Thorax was sweating; his wings buzzing giving off the clue that he was nervous about facing Sans in a battle of the centur-

“ Got any fives?” He asked, timid hopefulness coloring his voice.

Sans’ grin got wider before replying.

“ Eyynope, Go Fish!” He said, causing Thorax to let out a groan of despair.

Who knew Thorax sucked at playing Go-Fish?

Author's Note:

A/N: Sorry about that folks! It took a while to update this fic cause i was busy making videos and working on other fics I might update soon! In the meantime, go check out " You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile"! It was fun doing a Hazbin Hotel/MLP Crossover; especially with my favorite character!

Anyways, hope to see you in the next chapter soon, and you can give me tips and suggestions on what I should do next time!

Comments ( 7 )

10467359
it's not the end yet! But I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Daaawww... A great update. Well done!

the more thing appeared and asked for more

10467374
Well, well, WhalenJP, seems you had a strike of motivation...or something. Great to see this story isn't QUITE dead.
psst, Cube? I think one of your adopted kids broke the fourth wall again.
FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER DIVINE BEING THERE IS, GOJI! I JUST FIXED THE FOURTH WALL!

(Sorry, some of my non-MLP characters managed to get here somehow. Still good to see an update.)

Ok, I'll have to admit that last comment of mine was cringe. You have full permission to ignore the...thing...or whatever it is.

10635093
so they're in their own universes, but also in Equestria at the same time?, how does that scientifically work, that's like some marvel or spider verse shit.

Login or register to comment