• Published 6th Oct 2018
  • 2,558 Views, 7 Comments

Celestia’s Little Star - Zubric



One morning a strange foal appears in front of Celestia. She decides to foalsit him until his parents can be found.

  • ...
10
 7
 2,558

A lost colt

The sun rose calmly into the sky like it always did, Celestia sighing at the task she’d done a hundred times before. But somehow it was always a relaxing one. Entering back into her room, the princess made her way to her bathroom to freshen up for the day, combing her ever flowing mane. While doing so she had a brief moment of nostalgia as she recalled caring for the hatchling Spike along with Twilight. It had been hectic, yet lovely. The smile persisted throughout her morning routine even as she exited into the hallway and greeted the morning shift of guards.

Unlike most days for her, today her schedule was not packed. Not many count issues to tend to or public outings. On the flip side though, that also meant mountains of paperwork. She so wished she could get Luna to help with such a thing, even after all these years of her being back, the tax code still made her head spin.

As she made her way down one of the many hallways, Celestia’s mind wandering, a bright and unexpected flash startled her! She jumped back from the magic, lowering her hoof once the light had cleared, and gasped! Just in front of her, on the floor, was a small blue coated foal who could be no older than two. Little scorch marks surrounded him, indicating a possible surge. That must have been what caused the flash. Had he perhaps been trying to teleport? “Oh you poor thing,” She cooed, her voice was soft and motherly as she scooped up the colt. “You must be so confused.” It appeared the foal was more entranced by her mane rather than his sudden location change. It was kind of cute watching it bat her mane around, letting out giggles.

“I’d better take you back to the castle daycare. Somepony might be looking for you.” The colt’s response was just to laugh and boop the princess on the nose. “

The various maids and guards all looked confused at their princess carrying a foal along as she made her way through the halls, soon arriving at her destination. She paused for a moment at the door, watching the little ones waddling around without a care in the world. The colt on her back bounced up and down with glee, pointing and babbling, obviously wanting to join them. The odd thing, however, was that none of the caretakers seems to be in a panic over a lone foal.

While contemplating, a black coated stallion with a golden mane came up to Celestia and bowed. “Princess Celestia. What brings you here, your majesty?”

Celestia’s magic gently levitated the foal into view. “Hello Gold, this little one just appeared in front of me and I assume he just had a magic surge of some kind. Do you know anything about him?”

Gold Rush blinked, looking over the colt. “I’m afraid I don’t recognize him, your majesty,” Taking the foal in his own magic, the stallion looked him over while moving to the change table. “Maybe he’s with one of the newer staff?”

Celestia watched as the caretaker slipped a diaper onto the bare foal, unable to stop her ginuwine smile. “I’ll be sure to let the guards know to spread the word about a missing foal.” She thought, then paused as she kept watching the changing process. An idea stick her. “Since my day is mostly slow today, I think I shall keep an eye on this little one. “

Gold tilted his head as he finished up the diapering job. “Are you sure, princess? I mean I’d be more than happy to watch over him.”

Celestia shook her head. “If I could handle a hatchling dragon, I think I am more than capable of handle a little foal. “

“Well alright. Shall I prep you a diaper bag then?” Gold asked.

Celestia sighed with relief and nodded. “Yes please, I will take good care of him,” Once the bag has been prepared, the princess happily took the small colt, placing him onto her back and cooing at him. “Well, let’s go eat. “ She turned and left, making her way along to the dinning hall.


Luna had just deposited the rest of her waffles into the trash as her sister entered. “What kept you, sister?” She asked, pausing mid thought when she saw the foal. “Who’s the little one and why is he not in the daycare?”

Celestia sat down, putting the foal in a highchair she had summoned up. She softly explains what had happened and added. “I intend to watch over him for the day since my schedule is free. I’m hoping his parents show up to collect him during that time.”

“I see, I too felt that magic surge of which you speak,” Luna nodded. “But I believe this foal comes from outside the castle.”

“That would make sense I suppose, none of the guards recognized the little one,” Celestia cooed, unzipping the diaper bag, and retrieving a jar of foal food along with a matching bib, which she ties around the colt’s neck “Let’s just hope Somepony shows up to pick him up.” The princess made some faces at the foal, getting delightful giggles in return.

Luna road from her chair, yawning. “I shall let the guards know to spread the word on my way to my room.” With that the night princess headed out, leaving Celestia alone.

“I bet Somepony is hungry,” Celestia sing-sang, popping open the jar of apple mush and scooping up a small spoonful. The colt seemed more enticed with her pretty mane than his meal as his hoof kept batting towards it. “Now now, you can play with my mane later, it’s time to eat. “

Again the foal seemed more interested in the flowing colours of her mane. Celestia sighed and smiled upon getting an idea. “Oh sweetie,” She sing-sang again, dancing the spoon in front of his vision. “Look at the spoon.“ She smiled upon seeing the foal’s eye track the spoon and the yummy mash upon it. His mouth opened, letting Celestia fly it in with care all the while making silly sounds to go along with it.

The feeding continued for several minutes and despite how much mess ended up on the bib, Celestia enjoyed the entire process. With a few wipes of a clean cloth, she had the foal cleaned up, and gave him a rattle to play with while she finished off her own breakfast.


After finishing her waffles, she once more scooped up the infant, placed him on her back and cooed. “How about we go outside and enjoy the gardens before my boring paperwork?“ She asked, using the foalsitter excuse to delay the mountains of paperwork she would inevitably have to do. The little colt giggled in reply intrigued by the idea, or perhaps it was just her gentle voice he liked listening to.

With a slight skip in her step, Celestia made her way through the many corridors until finally exiting into the gardens themselves. The princess took a moment to watch the foal glance around in awe. The gardens were full bloom today, radiating a full spectrum of colour. Lowering the child onto the grass she watched as the colt moved over to one of the many flower beds and began to sniff them.

Celestia sighed, taking in a deep breath of morning air as she let her body slump for a moment. This distraction was indeed just what she had needed to start her day properly. As she continued to keep an eye on the small child, her thoughts went to what other ponies might think if she showed off the little one in court. What would the press say if they saw her with this foal? She laughed despite herself, just imagining the headlines.

Royal foal: Who’s the father?!

Celestia guards more than just shields.

She was so caught up in her giggles that she almost missed the foal waddling back with a flower, holding it up to her as a gift. The princess worried for a moment thinking he had managed to pull out one of the rarer flora, but upon a closer look saw he had just brought her a dandelion and she couldn’t fault him for trying. “Oh thank you, it’s lovely.” She picked the foal up once more and nuzzled him nose to nose. With the foal settled she took him along down the path to the statue garden.

Taking her time, she walked by each figure giving simple explanations of each while using her teacher voice. The colt cooed at each one they passed and was even allowed to touch a few. A few minutes went by as she teached, then she stopped and tilted her head. “And this one is .. wait, there’s no dragon statue in the garden,” Before she could process more the stoney talons went up to its face and the statue stuck out its tongue. As the foal laughed, Celestia could already sense who was behind this. “Discord.” She grumbled with a roll of her eyes.

“Oh, you caught me.” Discord said with a sarcastic laugh ,as the statue exterior broke away and melted into cake batter before being shaken off and covering the princess’ face with the vanilla mush. The foal on the princess’s back began to lick her neck to eat up the yummy dessert.

While Discord chuckled, the princess merely rolled her eyes at his shenanigans. Wiping herself off she spoke. “Nice to see you too. What exactly brings you around here?”

Sneaking his way over beside the small colt, Discord grinned. “Other than just to mess with you? Well I just noticed you have a little companion with you this morning.” He made a face at the foal before booping its nose.

“Yes, he appeared out of nowhere and I’m hoping his parents show up soon.“ Celestia explained. She couldn’t help but chuckle when Discord let the colt squeeze his paw like a squeak toy.

“Oh, don’t act like you don’t enjoy being a foalsitter. After all, you did help raise little Spike.” Discord replied, holding the foal in his arms and tickling his tummy with his claw.

Celestia’s smile widened as she watched the sight, unable to deny she was enjoying it. “Yes indeed, it's not every day you get to watch somepony so young. Although, why does he interest you exactly?”

Discord placed the foal back onto Celestia’s back, giving the diaper a pat. “No reason, really. I just know something about him that you don’t.”

“And that would be what exactly?” Celestia inquired of the spirit.

With a mischievous grin, Discord leaned closer moving up to her ear. He spoke softly and whispered. “It’s a secret.” He pulled back and laughed while the princess just gave a flat unamused pout.

“Honestly, Discord, you need to tell me. Whatever you know could help me find his parents.” Celestia demanded.

Discord slipped on a top hat, tipping it to her. “Oh you’ll find out this evening. Tah tah.” With that, he vanished in a flash of light, leaving the two alone. The foal clapped his hooves at the trick, giggling. Celestia meanwhile tapped her chin just wondering what he had meant.


Celestia set her quill down, taking a short break to peer into the playpen next to her desk. Said pen had foam flooring, decorated with letters and shapes of all kinds. The small foal within had occupied himself with the numerous toys provided, grinning the whole time. More laughter followed as he once more sent his small five block tower toppling down before realizing he was being watched. He smiled up at the princess, holding up his hooves. “Aww, does somepony want uppies?” When the foal nodded in reply, Celestia was more than happy to do so. She hugged the colt and cooed. “Can you say Tia?”

“Yah yah.” The colt babbled. Once more drawn to her flowing mane.

“Oh so close,” She replied, before a foul smell hit her nose. It didn’t take long for her to find the source as her hoof pressed the diaper. “Uh oh, somepony needs a changey wangey,” The foal suckled his hoof contently as the princess moved over to the changing mat, placing the foal upon it. The little one seemed more than content to watch her mane while she cleaned up his bottom. “Phew, you sure are stinky.” She playfully teased, grabbing a fresh diaper and sliding it under his bottom. As she concluded the change, Gold peeked in. “Do you need help, Celestia?” He asked, a warm bottle of formula was held in his magic.

“No, I’m doing alright, He is very well behaved, actually,” She replied as she taped up each side of the diaper, making sure it was properly in place, before lifting the foal up and snuggling him into her chest. Noticing the bottle in the stallion’s aura, she added. “Oh good, you brought his bottle.” She took it from Gold and moved it closer to the infant.

The colt grabbed hold of it almost immediately the moment it came within reach, lips soon suckling away on its warm contents. The two adults watched the adorable moment as the colt leaned against Celestia’s soft fur, eyes steadily closing as time went on. Using her wings as an impromptu blanket, the foal was soon wrapped in a warm embrace and it didn’t take long for his eyes to close fully.

The princess held still for a minute, making sure the foal had fallen asleep fully before placing him into a small basket. It had been the same basket little hatching Spike had slept in all those years ago. Once the foal was all tucked in, she moved back to Gold and asked in a hushed tone. “Has anypony come forward to claim him yet?”

Gold shook his head. “Not yet your majesty, but I’m sure it only a matter of time, Why do you ask, is there something wrong?”

Celestia quickly shook her head. “No, it’s just something Discord said earlier.” She dismissed the guard and made her back to her desk, being as quiet as she could went back to working on paperwork.


The afternoon flew by with the scrawlings of quills and ink and now that evening was approaching,Celestia decided it was time for another break.

The foal cheered a as Celestia scooped him up and tickled his tummy, causing laughter from the plump colt. “Who’s ready to fly?” Watching her charge tilt his head, the princess moved to an open spot in the room and rolled over, now holding the colt up in her hooves off the ground. He seemed shocked at first but upon realizing he wasn’t going to fall began to giggle and kick his legs. His padded bottom rustled as Celestia tilted him left and right, making whooshing noises.

Needless to say, the colt was enjoying the fun ride. She kept it up for a bit more titling him forward and back. He soon put his hooves put in front of him just like a pegasus would. The colt’s flight lasted for a few more minutes before Celestia landed him on the pile of pillows in one corner of her study.

The foal clapped joyfully as the princess got to her hooves and sat nearby. She sighed in worry. “Nopony has come to get you. I might have to consider-“ She stopped talking mid sentence as the colt began to glow, his horn shining with a vibrant yellow aura. At first, she thought it was a magic surge but something was different about the way the magic flowed.

Before she had a chance to react, a bright flash made her close her eyes! She heard the distinctive ripping sound of the diaper tearing apart. When the light cleared from her eyes she was very surprised to see a grown stallion in the foal’s place with the same blue coat and black mane.

The stallion stumbled a bit on his hooves, looking dazed as he stared around, seemingly lost. “Ugh, what happened?” Upon seeing the solar princess he gasped and tried to bow, only to fall due to his still recovering hooves. “Princess Celestia! I… uh... How’d I get here?”

Celestia took a moment to recover from the shock thinking. “Well if I had to guess, I would say you somehow cast an age spell on yourself.”

“W-well I do recall trying out some new magic and then I think somepony popped a balloon behind my head and I just panicked.” The stallion recalled.

Celestia rubbed her chin, impressed at the account “To cast an age spell even by accident is quite the feat. Are you by any chance part of my school?”

“Y-yes princess , although I only been part of it for a year. Oh uh I’m North Star by the way.” The stallion explained, cheeks burning as he smelled the foal powder.

“Well, despite what you did it was still very impressive, my little foal.” Celestia teased, giving off a more motherly tone.

“I-I swear I-I didn’t mean to inconvenience you.” North stuttered.

Celestia let out a chuckle. “Oh no, it’s quite alright. I had fun foalsitting.” She held up her hooves for a hug. “Come on, let me give you a farewell hug. “

The stallion hesitated for a second, before moving over and letting the princesses hooves wrap around him in a nice, warm, fluffy hug. “T thank you for watching me.”

“It was my pleasure,” Celestia smiled and then asked. “Would you possibly care to try this again sometime?”

North Star’s jar dropped open, blushing hard as he contemplated his answer. After a short pause of both being silent, he spoke up. “Uh, maybe.”

Comments ( 7 )

First off. Unless it was done on purpose. FIX THE TITLE! The spelling is horrible. I can't even read the story with it like that.

9214363
Oh thank you, I was on my phone and didn’t notice I messed up there.(low vision )thanks for pointing it out

Glad I could help you on this. It was cute. :rainbowkiss:

Thanks so much for making this. I'm happy to see my OC babied by Celestia.

Cute story!

Aw, so cute! Celestia would make a great mother!

Login or register to comment