• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 6,135 Views, 249 Comments

Returning Home II - Rise of the Eternal Empire - Arceaion



With the Swarm Defeated Twilight makes her way to the Harmony Empire but not everything is as it seems.

  • ...
16
 249
 6,135

Announcement 2

So I made a large blog post about this but I feel I should cover it here as well since people have been asking. Returning Home II Rise of the Eternal Empire is being worked on but there is a lot to do with it and frankly it needs a total overhaul do to the issues that are plaguing it.

I also plan to redo the original story Returning Home since the problems with Returning Home II are left overs from Returning Home.

If I do redo Returning Home I will be not just updating the story but adding in several scenes I originally cut. Not sure if I've spoken on this publicly but when I was writing Returning Home I actually cut several scenes, which would have made the story much darker than it was. These cut scenes would have featured Rarity being killed, Spike leaving for the Dragon Lands and learning under Dragon Lord Torch, and a lot more.

I removed them originally because I felt they were too dark for the story but they have resulted in me having several problems that manifested themselves in Returning Home II as such I plan to do a rewrite of the original story which will follow the originally intended path to solve these problems. I will still keep the original version of Returning Home up so just know a second version will appear eventually and that will signal that new chapters for Returning Home II - Rise of the Eternal Empire are going to becoming out soon.

Thank you for your patience and for reading my work.
Sincerely,
Walter D. Arceaion

Comments ( 19 )

Thanks for the update! Nice to hear you’re still working on this story!

Honestly, if you're going to go that far then it might be better to scrap both stories and start from scratch.

I with nightmare thans for the updare I that this story was dead

Don't sweat the details, your stories are amazing and if you feel the need to overhaul them then do it.

Looking forward to reading this story. :twilightsmile:

Sounds good

Ok I just read this and arc if you ever need somone to bounce ideas on let me know you help me out with mine so FairPlay you need help or not sure just ask

Good day.
Will You ever continue the story?

11301912
when I have the time I'll return to it, have to rewrite the prequel first though.

Just my head cannon.
I am reading a story about Sunset going through the mirror and now Celestia's corruption made sense, Maybe Sunset was Suppose to be Empress of harmony What she saw in the mirror made by starswirl(element of magic/sorcery) Celestia saw that and she forbade Sunset ro study the mirrror and find out about her True Destiny.

Hay, i know im late to the party and all but i have a suggestion for your rewrite, more fluff with the characters, like i barely noticed that twi was loosing herself until it was outright told to me.
Plus it is a great way to control pacing and get people more involved/invested with the characters. like, at times the storys felt more like a story board, all the critical story points but no in-between.
An example of this would be to expand on twilights time learning in the void, such as showing an individual lesson or perhaps a rest day spent socialising with the elements.
Also it gives the opportunity to give us the backstory slowly, building interest.
One final point i would suggest is to avoid info bricks at all costs, they can be a real slog the read through.

The premises of this story is very interesting though, i really do incourage you to continue at your own pace, as when you force yourself to write too much/fast then such details like mentioned above get left behind.

Have a nice day.

History is not dead?

11419517
I don't know anymore. I honestly don't have time to write but hopefully I'll get some soon.:ajsleepy:

11420489
sadly, I was wondering how it would end

To be honest the only scene I wouldn't restore to Returning Home is the Rarity being killed scene. Twilight was already dead and the elements broken.

That is unless she's pulled into the void to help Twilight remain who she was before her death after being killed (have it be that Queen Artoria was seeing that Twilight's personality was being stripped away from her and did not want Twilight to become an exact replica of Artoria as she is now in a way) just like Twilight was pulled into the void that would honestly be a good thing if you were doing it specifically to keep Twilight somewhat like she used to be and have Rarity Master the element of the generosity or what it was originally called (I completely forgot the name because I haven't read the story in a while) then it would be nice that's the only reason I think she should die if you decide to put that scene back into returning home as a way to keep Twilight from becoming so apathetic with people by having an outside influence from before she died return to her.

Bit of a shame we won't be seeing updates. I've kinda figured this is another good story left unfinished.

Well thear be more chapter's??? It has bean a long time over 2 years but life is always changing and time what's for no one

Please add more chapters, what's the point of reading the first story and the second story if the story is gonna be left unfinished?

Still has been 2 years, I hope new chapters come out soon, also is spike leaving (deleted scene) the reason why we don't see spike at all in stories part 1 and 2?

Login or register to comment