• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 6,132 Views, 249 Comments

Returning Home II - Rise of the Eternal Empire - Arceaion



With the Swarm Defeated Twilight makes her way to the Harmony Empire but not everything is as it seems.

  • ...
16
 249
 6,132

Chapter 1 - Darkness

Celestia descended down the stairs and entered a chamber of darkness Sitting at the center a tall figure stood. He wore a black suit that was covered by a long coat that floated in a wind that didn't exist. "The plan is coming apart, Chrysalis destroyed everything." She growled angrily.

"You must stop Twilight, she is the key to this prison and I have waited for too long for my revenge." The figure said.

"There's nothing I can do, she is growing stronger by the day and controls powers I wouldn't dare touch." Celestia replied.

"Do what you must but she must not rule the Harmony Empire." The figure said as he loomed over Celestia. "You know the price of failure."

"What's so important about the Empire, you act as if the Empire is truly a threat." Celestia said as she looked up at the figure. "And what is so special about her controlling it."

"Twilight Sparkle is a decedent of the original citizens of the Harmony Empire." The figure said as he turned away from her. "Long ago a Race know as the Immortal ruled this world. They were not physically strong, and what made them feared was their intellect. They created the original Empire, the Eternal Empire, and crafted the Elements. They were masters of both magic and science and were well respected."

"What happened to them?" Celestia asked.

"They grew over confident and arrogant, the Eternal Empire, was destroyed and from it's ashes rose the Harmony Empire." The figure said. "Twilight Sparkle is special, fate bends to her will and her destiny is forged by the actions of the present not by preordained circumstance. If she reaches full power she will destroy all we have worked to bring."

"I will not allow that to pass." Celestia said. "Discords madness, The planting of the Tree of Harmony, Lunas turn, I've worked to hard for some upstart to destroy everything I've built. I shall stamp out the chaos that corrupts this land no matter who stands in my way, be they friend or family." She said as she turned and exited the room.

The figure watched as he exited the room and smiled. "You are so simple to manipulate Celestia. Without chaos then society will grow stagnate and cease to progress but you need not know that. The simple truth you can't see is that you light only blind you from the truth and it will be this blindness that will bring forth the very darkness you fear." The figure laughed as he faded into the shadows and disappeared.

As the figure disappeared a Thestral dropped down from the ceiling. "Luna must be warned." They said as they ran through the door.


Rarity stood before her troops, at her side stood the officers that were wiling to serve her. "Mares and gentle stallions, I thank you for standing at my side all this time and I am honored that you would stand with me on this decision." She said proudly.

"We would follow you to the ends of Equus General." A captain said proudly.

Rarity nodded and turned to the troops. "The war with the Changelings is over however the nobility and ruler ship of Equestria is to far gone, our only hope is to reach the safe haven of another kingdom." She said sadly.

The troops muttered and talked to each other for a moment before a captain stepped forward. "We could travail to the Empire of Princess Twilight, the Harmony Empire or if we must hurry the Crystal Empire is closer."

Rarity thought for a moment. "Prepare to move out, we will head to the Crystal Empire for now, the safety of my troops is priority and once we have a location we will head for the Harmony Empire." She said determined.

"The troops and their families will be ready within the hour." A lieutenant said. Rarity nodded.


Applejack sat on a create on the barn, in her hand was a half empty bottle of whisky and several empty bottle lay around her. Big Mac slowly entered and approached his sister. "You alright Sis?" He asked.

"I see them, Mac." Applejack said as she took another sip.

"Who?" He asked concerned.

"The Ghosts, the blood, the screams, I hear their screams! Their demand for more, the sound of battle." Applejack grabbed head as if in pain and downed the last of the bottle. "They won't go away, they won't leave me alone." She said. Big mac walked over to her sister and hugged her.

"It'll be alright, we'll get ya some help." He said as he rubbed her back.

"So much blood, I can't wash it off it won't go away." She said not even registering that he was their.

Big Mac sighed and simply hugged her tighter. From the door Applebloom watched in fear as her sister stared off at something only she could see. Since Applejack had returned she had been off. She jumped at shadows and was twitchy almost all the time, she would always have a weapon with her and on more than one occasion she had attacked someone seemingly at random. She had also been drinking a lot and was almost always drunk. Something was wrong but she couldn't tell what.


Luna stood on the balcony off the throne room watching the reconstruction of Canterlot, the sound of rustling fabric was heard and Luna turned to see nothing. Something was off. Slowly she turned back to watch only to spin around and grab a pony in solar guard armor by the throat. The guard gasped and dropped his knife as he clutched at he arm. Several more appeared and charged her only to be impaled by arrows from her Thestrals.

Suddenly a Thestral ran in and looked at the princess in concern. "Celestias worse than we thought and is preparing to destroy all magic that isn't 'light'."

Lunas eyes widened and she looked to the Thestrals in the throne room. "Find my sister, we must stop her."

Author's Note:

Well it's been a while since I wrote this story. This chapter was short but was meant to show the fallout of the war and what happened. We get to see more from Celestia and find out that a large part of the Equestrian military has quite and decided to follow Rarity. Applejack Has some major PTSD and there will be little seen from her in this story. Luna is dealing with her sister and trying to rebuild, so much to do and so little time. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope to see you again.

Side note about Applejack, do you want to see a separate story about her or not? I have a few ideas for her.