• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 2,566 Views, 112 Comments

The Mark of Duty - Nobodyslament



There are few forces in the world more powerful than duty. And when I was betrayed, I lost that. But maybe a new duty can be found, and my adventures can continue. Or at least do something besides being an overpriced birdy-toilet.

Comments ( 9 )

".... By far the most peaceful Space Marine I've ever seen. Not that it's a bad thing though. Just. Off from what I am used too."

I reached into a chest pouch, pulling out the hair gel and focusing on it. There was a crash as Tsubaki appeared in the air above us, falling onto her ass while clutching a leather jacket. She instantly jumped up, running to Sunset. "HEY KID! You did damn good, so you get a once in a lifetime offer!" Me and the guard both stared as Tsubaki jumped in the air, flipping and flying before pointing to the sky. "By my rank, I officially dub you into the Happy Horse Hierarchy as an honorary member!" She slowly floated down as her jacket whipped about without any wind to power. She held the jacket in front of her. "Please accept this complimentary jacket and swear to always fire on all cylinders."

Okay, I need to know more about the Happy Horse Hierarchy :trollestia:

She looked at the bodies around us as various personnel began to catalog and treat the dead and wounded. She looked down at the bisected corpse on the floor as we passed it, covering Sunset's eyes. "Honestly? This is a lot less bloody than I thought it would be."

Agreed :moustache:

9679662
I think we all can agree that this is spectacularly less bloody than expected. Quite simply, the foundation does not have the resources to bring down a Space Marine, not without initiating a pretty big containment breach of their own anyhow.

9679662
It's based on Japanese delinquent gangs from the 80's. Because I'm not a wise man

Good chapters can't wait to see what happens next!

9807223
In an age where information can be spread ridiculously quickly and is borderline impossible to stop completely? Yeah, good luck with not having a release of that one end up with a domino effect of it running around the globe as tens of thousands of people see it either directly or through footage captured and uploaded by others before their own demise. It'd just be an outrageously massive breach of containment, nor do they really have any assurance that he isn't somehow capable of fighting it off to the point it just will not want to fight him at all anymore.
Sure, it'd not be a massive chance, but it's larger than zero and sure as hell is something they would not want to have pissed off!

giz

cancelled?

This was much better than I thought it would be. I hope it's not dead.

Login or register to comment