• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 4,829 Views, 47 Comments

I Woke up Purple Today - JamieisWaffles

  • ...
9
 47
 4,829

Chapter 6: Test Drive

Author's Note:

Yes! I am alive, and the story is too. I went though like 800 revisions or something because I wasn't sure how I was going to progress it. But I just did it anyway! Hopefully it isn't too bad. Anyway have a nice read 030 :heart:

I watched as the Rainbow colors of the Cyan Pegasus flitted away into the distance before turning my neck back to the ground kicking my hoof into it and picking up dust as I grumbled. “Ugh that was stupid why’d I say that” I shook my head angry at myself walking forward I let my body keep moving as I was gripping the Book against my fur feeling its softcover I blanked moving into a sort of autopilot mode my thoughts were filled with trying to figure out how I could learn how to fly in an hour or two. Coming towards the entrance of the Castle I blinked somehow losing the concept of where I was for a moment I sighed clambering up the steps in a slightly hurried manner I would need as much time as possible if I was gonna pull this off. I threw open the door with my hoof as I saw a flash of light purple and green get sent across the hallway before a small thud could be heard and then a pained groan I flicked my eyes over towards it noticing Spike had slammed into a crystal wall a big grin crossed on my face seeing him in pain “Take that you annoying dragon” I know it was kind of messed up but heck he had been ruining something lately.

“Oh, hey Spike I’m fine I’m gonna go read up on something do we have any books on uhm… flight?”

Spike was still kind of face down but sprung himself up mulling over the words he just heard his scales were tough so he could take more physical abuse than most he snapped with his claw and looked over towards me.

“Should be on the second floor under ‘Aviary’ where all the other bird and flight stuff is unless you were talking about other types of flight.”

I bit down on my tongue to keep from saying something rude to Spike and did a small nod and started to head up the stairs I could've said thanks or something else minor but truthfully I didn't have much time to waste with formalities. "Hmm, I'd say I have an hour or two to become a somewhat decent flyer. It's a basic skill, these ponies probably learned it in a couple of minutes!” Truthfully I would've told myself anything to keep my spirits up, on the way up the stairs I noticed a couple rows of books that seemed to be outside the library. Taking a moment to look at the vast variety of books I started to comb down the bookshelf I started at the far left because it was closest to me. I lifted a hoof to take a book off the shelf but noticed the title started off with the Letter A and assumed I had stumbled across the right shelf sliding the book back into place I looked at the 5 rows of about 20 books each and dragged my hoof downwards “Av should be somewhere near the bottom rows. I hope she just alphabetized the books” Crouching a bit I took a long glance at the bottom two rows of books checking each one's spine for the topic but I had noticed a variety of letters G, F, S, even Z. Frowning I stood and took a step back looking around I'd hope to find some sort of labeling on the sides of the shelf or perhaps overhead but a 3-minute long search came up with nothing tapping my hoof gently against the floor I made a beat before deciding to peek over the balcony to view the floor below Spike had closed the door and was now working on cleaning off a table. “I don't have time to be figuring out how she organized these books.” I made my voice loud so I could be heard.

“Spike! Uhm, Do you remember how we Organized these books last time… I'm having a bit of trouble remembering.”

Spike glanced up releasing the cleaning rag he had in his possession before arching his eyebrows.

“I thought you were the one who remembered the Organizing, I just help out with it.”

He then began to mutter something under his breath before clutching the rag again.

“But I think We Categorized everything then sorted by Alphabet.”

Turning back towards the books I noticed a staircase going upwards. It seemed like there was more of a chance finding something in there.

"Why didn't I think to check upstairs earlier would've saved so much time" I chastised myself for such an obvious mistake as I moved towards the upper level a long stretch of the hallway facing opposite from the balcony caught my eye, several yellow rimmed banners with brown and black books clung to poles jutting out from the reflective crystal the hallway itself having a swirling and repeating pattern of what looked like a ball made of hastily drawn lines blending in with it's purple and blues and finally ahead awaits a large silver door with a golden book cover and pure white pages covering up the lower half.

Staring at the spectacle ahead of me I almost tripped over my own hooves, I was shocked by the level of detail that went into this specific hallway to differentiate it.

"Wow.. this is… yeah definitely a huge Library"

Reaching out my hoof I pressed against the cool surface of the door pushing it open with a slight creak the noise filled the room as the torches that were placed on the side of the crystalline bookshelves roared to life a slight tinkling sound accompanied the soft white flames that gave the room it's light. From what I could see the room was giant filmed with tables and rows and rows of bookshelves at the far end of the room the faint shadowy outline of another pony shook my nerves. I called out in hopes to get this pony to come over "Maybe it's just the Librarian or… housekeeper? I'd doubt Spike does all that work alone"

"Anyone there?"

My voice seemed to bounce around me and reach the end of the room before cutting out the shadow turned it's head slowly at me then screeched my own voice back except it sounded warbled, shifted in pitch, Glitched. It was patching together a sentence.

"O...ea...y h...ea...ir"

My body crawled at the shrill tone of the voice I could feel my fur stand on end I was shaking… nervous my head was pounding as a flash of a pair of green glowing eyes and black crystals filled my mind."SOMBRA!" as a beam shot right out of my horn and zoomed through the air like a bullet dispersing the shadow upon impact, The breath I didn't know I was holding released as I turned to search the labels above the shelves.

"Wait hasn't Sombra been dead since like… Season 3?

After reaching this revelation my focus on the search slipped I began to pace about in the Library talking to myself.

Does Sombra return this Season? Am I somehow… playing out events that haven't happened yet? Oh god, I'm not ready for this how am I supposed to beat a villain?! Okay Okay maybe I should try to remember"

Closing my eyes I stilled trying to call back my memory of what Sombra looked like I felt a chill crawl up my back as I took a deep breath the darkness of my mind brightened, I was standing in what looked like another crystal walled castle taking a look around everything blurred and voices and noise were muffled almost impossible to make out. There was one thing on my mind "Run! Get the Crystal Heart!" My speed increased I felt the adrenaline rushing to my hooves the urgency of the moment before a crystal jutted out right in front of me!

My pace slowed trying to move out of the way but more crystals jutted up and around me, I was trapped, the pressure was too much I couldn't do this not on my own. Calling out loud I barked an order to someone who was… close to me, it was unclear everything started to fade into the black before two green spheres glowed a purple glow trailing off to the sides and a cackle that forced me to snap my eyes open my forehead of fur was almost drenched in a cold sweat.

"Jeez… that was… scary."

Bounding up the steps and scurrying down the hallway Spike pushed the slightly opened door a loud squeak echoed off the large walls looking around for a moment he stepped in and raised his claws to his mouth to increase volume.

"Twilight? Rainbow Dash is at the door-"

I don't know what was going through my head in the moment fear, anger, nervousness maybe but whatever it was it caused me to chuck a nearby book into the air with such might it arched and beaned Spike right in the forehead sending him crashing into the ground mid-sentence. I grinned stepping forwards to see my achievement at first I felt utter jubilation seeing the unconscious dragon sprawled out against the glass like a floor but my glee wavered when I saw the small bump swelling where the book hit him. "Causing him pain is what I wanted right? I mean… he can handle it, just a little bump not like I care or anything" I pondered my face scrunching up.

Rainbow Dash was gonna knock again she truly was going too but she had been waiting for the last five minutes and she was getting rather impatient "What's with the holdup?" Rainbow Dash had many thoughts, some self-centered, some impulsive, and others well… they didn't matter much because Instead of thinking about it too hard, Rainbow charged into the castle hooves wildly flailing.

"Come out you Foalnapper! Rainbow Dash is gonna show you not to mess with her friends!"

I, on the other hand, had just laid Spike's head on a pillow when the huge door slammed against the wall, startled my wings flaring out as I tipped backward. For a moment or two, I stilled before I lost my footing and tumbled to the ground slamming against my side and left-wing, pain ebbing through my body I did the only sensible thing. Scream.

"CELESTIA DAMMIT!"

My cry of anger surprisingly didn't wake Spike and he stirred slightly I heard a faint whooshing sound coming closer sliding my right hoof over I picked up a book and righted myself ready to kick ass and take names. The unknown entity rounded the corner and I launched another book into the air in hopes of landing a knockout blow.

"Woah! Calm down Twilight it's just me!"

Rainbow Dash had managed to duck out of the way in time as the book collided with a wall and bounced back a bit the pages fluttering and flipping from the rapid descent until it hit the ground with a resounding smack.

"Oh, Uhm… hey Rainbow, what are you doing here?"

Rainbow Dash seemed to stop and think for a couple of seconds before her eyes widened in a sudden rush of recalled memory.

"Oh yeah! I figured you'd get caught up in something, So I came to get you, come on were gonna be late and I don't do late."
I raised an eyebrow to this statement. "Sure she's fast and all but she's also kinda lazy"

"I doubt you have never been late for anything."

Rainbow Dash stuttered for a moment she wasn't expecting to be challenged on that statement, shaking her head she dismissed the notion.

"Whatever the point is we should probably head over there now"

Now knowing I was out of time I began to panic "Oh god… I didn't even start!"

Rainbow Dash seemed to continue flying making a loop in the air to go back out the door, being nervous I chose to walk unless I absolutely had to fly picking up a random book I tried to keep up with her pace. As we were moving quickly for the edge of town I let my mind wander back to the pair of eyes I saw. "Was that really Sombra? If so why did the memory feel so? real"

The walk seemed to continue on for a while, I wasn't paying much attention to where we were going anymore. "Oh, man… how am I ever going to get over that? is that a sign? should I be worried?"

Looking up Rainbow Dash had landed in front of the cottage door knocking on it loud and quick, while I took up the rear waiting for the trainwreck to happen. There were a couple of animal squawks and cries before Fluttershy opened the door with a slow creak.

"Hel- Oh! Hi Rainbow Dash, Hi Twilight. Sorry, I just need to take care of one of my bird friends, I'll be out in just a moment."

Rainbow Dash scoffed in annoyance, stalking off. Staring at the door with a slight tinge of worry I bit my lower lip and craned my neck to look behind me, an action I wouldn’t normally be able to do in my human body. "Oh brother… wings you better work," I thought. Fluttershy slipped out of her cottage quietly as I turned to look up her sudden appearance startling me “Agh! Don’t do that!” I pressed my hoof against my chest taking a breath.

Fluttershy blushed and softly responded, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” She looked at Jack for a moment before her eyes drifted off to the side. "Uhm… where did Rainbow Dash go?" taking a look around myself for a moment I shrugged. "Oh. Okay." She said staring at me for a moment before looking up towards the sky.

We waited together in silence, I didn't feel like trying to start a conversation trying to use this time to figure out how my wings worked. "Okay so if this is how I lift the left wing, then how do I get the Right one?" My right wing wiggled up and down a bit "One seems responsive enough, I'd thought this would just be some instinctive thing." I finished my thought trying to move both my wings in sync.

Rainbow Dash circled back over the area screeching to a halt as she spotted the butter-colored pony on the grass, zipping down she rolled her eyes "Finally! Come on then I'll get both of you up to speed in no time." She grinned smugly.

Fluttershy raised an eyebrow "Oh, I thought you had canceled. Okay just let me get ready." She stood and began to stretch herself out, Rainbow Dash blushed for a moment “I uh well… you took too long, I get antsy!” I took a look at the two of them getting ready and imitated it loosely. Once we all had thoroughly gotten our bones ready Rainbow piped up again “Alrighty! You girls already know how to fly, but today we’re gonna be flying with speed!” She declared puffing her chest out as a gust of wind blew passed her mane.

I gulped looking a bit nervous “Aha you’re about to find out how wrong you are…” I mused looking towards Fluttershy with a worried gaze, she nodded then gave me a hug.

"Thanks" I muttered

"You're welcome," she said smiling.

Rainbow Dash stood “Alright all stretched out, let’s go!” Zipping up into the sky with a hop Rainbow Dash seemed to be about 20 feet off the ground almost instantly.

“Sheesh, ten seconds flat wasn’t a joke,” I thought to watch as Fluttershy slowly rose herself up to the same level the disparity in speed rather obvious. It took another moment for me to flap my wings “Well now or never”

As I looked back at my wings, I tried flapping them both in sync my face in deep fixation, the sweat building on my face as I stole a glance at them. Rainbow seemed to look disappointed for a second before slipping back into a neutral face and Fluttershy kept her small grin of encouragement.


I gave a deep breath trying a powerful flap after feeling it out for a moment. The gust pushed me forward and took my hind legs off the ground causing me to almost eat dirt as I cheekily grinned "Ha! I'm doing it!"

Rainbow Dash seemed to groan, she thought she had gotten passed this. She understood though flying was pretty awesome probably better than Unicorn Magic. "While I would love to watch you geek out, maybe you can come up here and do it? I wanna get on the move sometime this century."


I looked up at her for a moment trying to figure out how to get my weight sorted out. "Since when did you know big words?" I taunted.

Rainbow paused for a moment before shouting "I picked it up from Daring Do, Egghead!"

Rolling my eyes I eventually positioned myself to where it looked like I was standing and rose myself upwards with a couple more flaps grinning confidently "Easy!"

Rainbow Dash scoffed "This isn't like the time you first got your wings, don't be so stiff."

"Stiff?" I looked over towards Fluttershy, she would approve, right? I think I did pretty good for my first time. She gave me another smile, I couldn't tell if it was encouragement or willful silence as to not hurt my feelings. I decided to go with the former. "What next Drill Sargent Dash?"

Rainbow Dash smirked "Since when did you have a sense of humor?" She searched around for a moment then looked at a tree an idea coming to mind "Alright, well just loop around that tree and come back as the finisher to the warm-up"

Rainbow ready to demonstrate her speed started to dive at the tree before a ripple shot through the air throwing her straight into the tree. The noise of the large explosion masking her groan of pain.

Fluttershy trembled putting her hooves over her head as she tried to stop herself from being flung away.

I had closed my eyes at the noise the sound making my head throb and my ears sting, the next thing I knew I could feel my body lurching. Opening my eyes I saw everything swirling as I was heading for the ground. I squealed shutting my eyes closed again. "Oh God, oh God, please don't crash. Please don't crash."

I could feel everything stop and then my whole body felt like It was being pulled, but nothing felt like I was falling anymore. Daring to open my eyes I found myself safely on the ground, quickly spinning I saw Rainbow rubbing her head and Fluttershy landing a couple feet away. "Is everypony okay?"

Rainbow Dash had brushed herself off. "Yeah, I know how to take a crash."

Fluttershy had made her way over "Oh, yeah I'm okay, I'm more worried about that noise we just heard.

I gulped turning back towards Ponyville "Was it Sombra? Is that why I had that memory-dream thing" I pondered feeling a bit scared. "Yeah I am too."

Comments ( 10 )

10168200
It is indeed very neat.

I am going to read this hoping it will continue soon and you'll start to upload more.

(I don't like waiting a year for more chapters, thanks!(I didn't mean to sound snarky or mean, oops!))

10168227
Yeah sorry! I was so in my own head I didn't even notice it was almost a year-long wait. It blew my own mind too! I plan to keep it more regularly updated again :heart:

10168238
thx, i just read them all!!¡!
theyre pretty great, worried on the sombra eyes

Interesting. So a human is dripped into Equestria, in the body of a major heroine, while Sombra is on the loose. Leaving her without combat ability or really any skills until she is able to re-learn her body... Who knows, perhaps the real Twilight is somewhere around as well, a shadow...

This is intriguing! Great work!

10168238
And then you cancelled it. So much for those regular updates then.

I hope you post more of this story someday? You've got some fun ideas here. Thanks for writing.

Are you a time traveler by any chance, it's weird seeing these chapters in such different release date or maybe your renewing your chapters

Login or register to comment