• Published 30th Dec 2017
  • 3,240 Views, 831 Comments

Revenge of the Shadow Pony - GhoulDash97



When Twilight goes too far and kicks Spike out, he left Ponyville and stumbled across some sort of crystal inside a deep cavern. Little does he know that it harbors a deep, corrupting power inside it.

  • ...
46
 831
 3,240
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 14 )

They fucking hide the truth, again
Fuck them, I'm happy knowing that history will repeat itself

They didn't learn their lesson, so......
Maybe something will finally finish their kind off and maybe something smarter will replace them

What an incredible, emotional, and heartbreaking roller coaster ride it has been, I don't know what the future/sequel holds, I do know it's going to be very heartbreaking for Flurry...

Ghoul, it has been an honor and a privilege to an been with this story since day one, part of me was hoping this story would stay a one shot, but I am very curious and scared for the sequel. Take care, buddy & have a great day.

P.S. I found this error in bold...

Starlight and Sunset left the premises to return to their duties as they happily thought about Flurry Heart on their way back to the castle.

Obviously, it should be Tempest, not sunset

10128540
At that point, I think Starlight glimmer would be wearing her I was right smug face and would be right to wear it.

Whoa, I wonder who that pegasus filly is along with that mysterious creature.
Confirmation of a sequel to this would help answer these questions.

10128627
It's better to live a sad truth than a happy lie
They choose a lie, so they will repeat history, but this time it would be individual from their own race

The longer the truth is hidden, the bigger the consequences

Their decision to hide the truth literally cemented their future or more precisely their demise/destuction

I'm gonna call it now. Starlight and AppleBloom is gonna Defect against Equestria in the Sequel, along with Flurry Heart when she also finds out the truth.

10128780
Maybe Starlight was smart enough to teach Flurry Heart the truth than propaganda.

Maybe she even wrote secret books with truth in them and give/send it to others to secure and share the knowledge in shadows, just to preserve the truth and knowledge.

10128780
Why would they turn on their home when it's finally recovered from the terror of ten years ago?

It'd be nonsensical.

10128540 to be fair, Starlight and Applebloom was against it

i'm calling it now, the Pegasus filly is Cozy Glow

So, my thoughts on the first arc-

So after having read this, I enjoyed it. The plot kinda reminds me of a revenge fic I read before although the name alludes me. With that said, I'll go over the positives.

Pros-

Spike is written surprisingly well here (although that may be because the writer himself is a Spike expect) and you actually feel bad for him. Starlight is (mostly) in charater and given how she is, wouldn't suprise me that she would fight tooth and nail to help him. While the shock of the evil entity wasn't as surprising, it was built up well enough to forgive the predictable outcome. But with that said, I get the feeling it wasn't suppose to be a shock to the readers so I can easily overlook it. Now with that said, i regret to say I'm gonna have to get into the cons of this arc.

Cons-

Let's start off with the main issue: The characters. While Spike and Starlight are good, the others I do take issue with. Especially Twilight. I'm well aware that of why she's OOC and I undertsand that it's required for the sake of the plot, but it shouldn't come at the cost of believability. I'm aware Twilight isn't the best at making choices (Just see season 1-4 for that), I find it very hard to believe she'd banish Spike because of something like this. Basically, it pushes the plot a lot harder than it has any right to. Add onto the fact she shows no remorse for her actions and it just breaks my tension of disbelief. Yes, it's an AU story so I'm willing to let it slide to some extent but breaking charater isn't the way to go.

With that said, I still enjoyed this arc and I do apologize if I came off as harsh. I only wanted to give a fair and honest review. I hope to see more:heart:

Well I have skipped most of the story but I got a pretty good idea of what happened so Starlight is in character, she’s loyal and is forgiving so of course she’d help Spike out and would be loyal to him and would know Spike well enough to find out, “Oh Spike is not like this at all so I’m going to pull my brain out of my ass and actually help him.” Spike was written a bit flawed you could’ve made it more clear he didn’t make those choices out of his free will but it’s clear he was corrupted and the last scene between the two made me shed a tear and as much as I hate saying it he couldn’t live, there was just no way. As for the cons, Discord and Twilight are OOC why would Discord make Spike suffer for his own selfish gain, and Twilight would never banish Spike and especially Starlight since the latter did nothing wrong, and even if she did she’d at least feel some remorse but she didn’t here.

10679085
I think you misunderstood my comment. I meant kill The Pony of Shadows, not Spike.

And that is the end. That was a long ride indeed.
And it appears it's only the beginning...

Login or register to comment