• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 3,741 Views, 42 Comments

A Changed Life - Rocky Boulder



A lot of things happened to Twilight. But sometimes the change is so big, that your life will never be the same again.

  • ...
3
 42
 3,741

Chapter 3

===*===
Twilight

I woke up to a cramp in my gut. While I had no idea what it meant, my body knew it was something important.

A week has passed since I had woken up as a Queen, but I was yet to get my memories back. It seemed like Rosch wasn't all-knowing after all.

<It is rather strange that you didn't recover your memories yet. > He said through the Hive Mind. <And please restrain your thoughts. Every drone in our Hive can hear what you are thinking. >

I blocked my thoughts with a sheepish smile, and was about to stand up from the bed, when another cramp in my gut made me fall on the bed with an 'Oof'.

While I was confused over the cramp, Rosch came inside the room, an overjoyed smile crossing his lips when he saw me poking at my belly. "I think we should let the nurses check you out." He suggested.

'Does he know what the cramps mean?' I thought as I stood up om my hole-filled hooves.

~~~
"By the way, are you a living book or something? Almost every single thing you say feels as if it comes straight from a document!" I giggled as I looked at the drone. We were walking down the hive's main hallway, passing by my future office on the way. A sign saying 'P1 Office Q-Class' hanging over the heavy oak door.

"Close enough, my Queen. I am an Archive drone, to be precise. Since paper production is hard to achieve for the hives, making paper a rare resource, available only to the Queens. Instead the Queens have implant valuable information in the minds of newly-hatched nymphs. Speaking from personal experience, it's not pleasant. Ah, the memory implanting I mean." He explained.

"Well, I won't do that to my nymphs when they hatch!" I said as I huffed.

"Twilight, while I understand where that comes from, it would mean the hive would be left without any way to keep the required information." He sighed, looking away from me. "I do hope you'll reconsider."

I shot him a pleading look, only for his gaze to turn away.

I pushed at the door handle with my magic, opening it. The two nurses, Scintulla and Perea, looked at me, before standing up and bowing. I noticed a stack of cards scattered on a coffee table near them.

"May I?" Said Scintulla. I nodded, before sitting on the same wooden chair as last time, my insecticide wings slightly scraping the hard wood. "We only need to confirm something, and you can go." She explained as she approached me.

All she did, was brush a hoof gently over my lower belly.

I gasped as the cramps in my gut returned, only this time stronger. When I looked up, I saw that all three drones in the room were wearing a creepily overjoyed smile.

"My Queen," Perea began with cheery note in her voice. " you will start laying today!"

===*===
Thorax

Things were not going good.

While Celestia had split Twilight's work between the princesses and Starlight, there was just too many things that only Twilight could execute perfectly. The media and reporters were constantly demanding more information from the Royal Sisters.

One newspaper even went ahead, writing that Twilight is dead, and the princesses are trying to hide it from the public. That caused an uproar, and the newspaper was shut down, but the damage was done. Equestria was confused and scared.

I had also sent out four drones to four of the kindest queens I knew, in hope that the other changeling hives had any idea where she could be. Three of the drones had lost connection to the Hive Mind, indicating their death. The other queens had no respect for the life of drones. But more importantly, these were our hive's first losses since Canterlot.

I stared out the window, into the slowly re-growing badlands, to hear my room's door swinging open as Pharynx walked in. "Thorax, you would like to hear this. Our last messenger has returned, with queen Saomi's message!" He announced and quickly slipped into the hallway, me following suit.

We walked into the throne room, our messenger already waiting for us there. Well, it was the similar thing to the throne room that they had. They had decided that the hive's center during Chrysalis's rule was a little too... Insectoid? Disgusting?

Anyway they had began to build a new throne room, thought they had barely layed out the bases yet, and the only indication of the room's importance were the twin thrones at it's end.

I and Pharynx positioned ourselves in them, before nodding for the drone to begin.

"Queen Saomi was not pleasant..." Started the drone. "She called us 'mutants', and she said that you... are undeserving of this throne, brother." She shied away, clearly feeling guilty for saying that, even if they were Queen Saomi's words. "Apart from a big lot of similar insults, the queen did mention mother..." As the drone saw anger flash on Thorax's face she corrected."..Chrysalis. She has apparently built a new hive in an unknown location, and requested help from other queens, before falling silent a week and a half ago." The drone licked his lips before adding "There is going to be an All-Rank queen council it two weeks. You, umm, weren't invited."

Pharynx snorted. "I kind of expected that we aren't recognized as a hive in the face of the High council."

I ignored my brother, and asked my questions. "Did Saomi tell what happened to Queen Rondia? Is that what the council is about?"

"Well, all we know is that Queen Salinda's forces have been spotted near Rondia's hive throughout the last few days. We suspect that she has been put under Salinda's 'protection', or worse."

I sighed, before asking if there's anything else. After a negative reply, the drone was dismissed. After a few seconds of organizing the new facts in my head, I reached a conclusion.

Our situation is still not good.

===*===
Twilight

"W-What?!" I screamed. I hoped that I would at least get more then a half of my memories back by then, but I only have brief faces, images, faces and a few buildings to remember. At least from what Rosch told me I have the same personality I had back then.

"It will happen in a few hours, so you have enough time to mentally prepare." Said Perea.

'Mentally prepare' my flank! I am going to a mother in a few hours!

"By the way our first team of emotion collectors that you sent out is going to be back in less then an hour. We can only hope that the harvest was successful. This might be one of our last chances." My 'assistant' explained, already walking out of the door, as if oblivious to my worries.

But still, he almost managed to make me forget about my situation with this announcement.

~~~
Me and Rosch, along with a few nymphs and duty-free drones, were staring at the horizon, waiting for the team to arrive. Our hive's entrance was more like a tunnel, leading down into dark caves, albeit not that dark. But the view it lead out to was one of the most fascinating I have seen.

The day was cold, yet surprisingly calm. It was an autumn day, the trees' golden leaves shaking calmly with every breath of the wind, sometimes tearing them away, and sending them flying under the day's blue sky.

Since in Equestria the seasons were artificially controlled by the pegasi, they usually skipped autumn and spring, leaving only winter and summer.

But oh, what a big mistake it was.


Soon, the drones came into view, every changeling's mood brightened. Even from a few hundred meters away, I could still feel the emotional energy from the crystals and the positive mood of the collectors.

A they landed some of the drones cheered, some asked for the outcome, though, the answer was quite obvious. The collectors bowed to me, before quickly moving through the small crowd, still carrying the pylons, which were flicking wildly with colors, showing their full charge.

I wanted to say my belly twisted from excitement, but then I realized it was not it. That's when I felt something shift in my gut, and a realization quickly came to me. I was going to lay.


I teleported to my quarters at the blink of an eye, panic already starting to rise in me, as I nervously paced around my room. Fortunately for me, the hive was short enough to let Rosch be here in a dozen of seconds.

"Get yourself together and breath slowly. If you move to much you might damage the eggs!" He said urgently.

That made me to stop panicking enough to sit down and perform the breathing exercise Cadence had tough me. Shakily, I stood still, preparing for the inevitable.

Then it happened. Something shifted inside my gut once again, and an egg slowly slipped out of me, being followed by another, and one more.

After the third egg dropped to the floor and I , I shakily turned around investigating the clutch. 'I...I layed. I am a mother now...' All three were a lilac color similar to my mane's, and barely bigger then a hoof.

I lay down on the floor, curling myself around the clutch. 'And they are my kids' A thought struck my head. 'At least my first ones...'

Author's Note:

Yup, now that I got that awkward part out of the way, the rest of the writing should go smoother for me.

Thought the next few chapters will still be hard

Comments ( 17 )

8730644
you are not the only one

I will give a tray to this story for inspiration u take and hope that if u ran out of power to continue U put status of this story on hiatus or finish whit big mana bomb wiping live. Better story whit shit ending that no ending.

I bet in the beginning it is some sort of rushed egg laying thing that could have waited for a while.

"Twilight, while I understand where that comes from, it would mean the hive would be left without any way to keep the required information." He sighed, looking away from me. "I do hope you'll reconsider."

Maybe I would think different about it if I would read the whole thing again, but right now I'm slightl annoyed by them trying to "make her" into what they think is a proper Changeling Queen.

"My Queen," Perea began with cheery note in her voice. " you will start laying today!"

I think something similar happened in another story, it is to soon for my liking and I don't care in chase this is some sort of "but the bees do that too" kind of thing or something like that. I just hope that she isn't endlessly producing out of control.

I don't know what exactly isn't to my liking about the egg laying thing, maybe the memorie of the other storie and partly the feeling that this could get out of hand.

I don't remember if that is her hive right now and if Chrysalis is dead or if she is still there.
If Chrysalis is still alive I would say that maybe Twilight should get a small but special lay in total for now and not over 500 hundreds or something.
If she is the current Queen since Chrysalis is alive, then I don't mind but I would still prefer it if there isn't a "three weeks and 300 baby changelings later" timeskip.
I mean I kind of like to think that the egg laying is either controlled a little bit by the queen after she got her first nessecary eggs that probably every Queen get's to start a new hive. It could be that every queen lays around 50 eggs to have the necessary cast to do basic hive stuff and then if she "needs" more her biology would allow her to create more eggs with either love or with time.
I'm not looking at any facts, I just think if she basically owns that hive she doesn't exactly needs to double it and overrun Equestria with an overpopulation of Changelings.

Long story short, I would prefer it if she is doing her own thing with her brood and that maybe some of them are going to play a bigger role in the story, even if the role should just be playing her daugther/display model to her friends.

The chapter itself was good enough, I would have a Changeling story with some informations about how the hive in that story is supposed to work that I really liked when you want to take a look at it. Since I only have a rough idea what this was about, I needed to say again what I kind of expect of it, maybe if I would remember the rest it would make more sense to me right now, but well here are my current thoughts on the matter.

8580911
(just in case I'm kidding):pinkiecrazy::trollestia:

:fluttershysad:please

That made me to stop panicking enough to sit down and perform the breathing exercise Cadence had tough me. Shakily, I stood still, preparing for the inevitable.

How dose this Twilight know Cadence? Did I miss something.

8817125
No you didn't. Twilight remembered all the things concerning the Crystal empire. So... you actually missed that.:twilightsheepish:

hello 8821139


Question? How will Queen Twilight help Thorax her hive is small and she just layin 3 or 4 eggs? do the nymphs grow fast? how many eggs can she layin?

8821139
when is the next update?

when new chapter?

nice story I hope twilight remember and move the hive to be under her castle or join up with the Thorax,

"May I?" Said Scintulla. I nodded, before sitting on the same wooden chair as last time, my insecticide wings slightly scraping the hard wood.

I'm hoping that the word you were looking for there was actually insectile or insectoid, since insecticide is something used to kill insects... :twilightoops:

the writer is not coming back to fimfiction either because he forgot/he dont care/he died (ok a little far but people dies every 2 seconds so why not?)

Alrighty let's start the bidding. Today we have a "Twilight turns changeling" fic an old one at that but still good. So let's hear it: who is brave enough to continue the good author's work? Bidding starts............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................NOW!

please continue writing the story

Login or register to comment