• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 3,718 Views, 42 Comments

A Changed Life - Rocky Boulder



A lot of things happened to Twilight. But sometimes the change is so big, that your life will never be the same again.

  • ...
3
 42
 3,718

Prologue

Queen Chrysalis was dying.

Her children, her barely grown drones, hardly numbering more that a hundred, were full of despair, even if unable to show it. 'If not for that son of mine Thorax, the hive would be thriving...

Left with no subjects she had very few choices. Few of them didn't include asking for help from other changeling Queens. Refusing to step that low, decided to take a risk, so she tried. She dug a tunnel in a cave, hatched some eggs, and slowly, things started too look up.

But it seems she was wrong. The love shortage, the lack of equipment and lack of assistance, along with a light sickness, turned out to be too much for the queen. The sickness developed into a fearless thing. Her drones, still unable to collect love due to lack of experience, were starving just as much as her.

Her death was inevitable. Even the new-hatched nymphs could feel it.

'Well, looks like my reign has ended...' Five drones with best medical training were standing near her bed, horrified of not being able to do anything, but watch as life leaves their queen.' These children are my last ones remaining loyal to me... I can't let them die...' Her mind, clouded with pain and hunger, started jumping between decisions, trying to figure out the best one. <My children... I'm gonna use the heir spell.> She announced via hive mind to her drones.

<What? NO! My Queen, you will use up the rest of your time on Equus if you do that!> One of the drones called out to her.

'I don't care... I don't have much time anyways... might as well choose the lucky one.'

She focused, as she sank in her memory, faces and names of creatures and names she knew, looking for the worthy one. She needed to choose carefully, after all, the one she chose, no matter which gender, state of mind, or even species she chose, would transform into a changeling queen, as well as her rightful heir.

'Crystal Sword? Hmm.. Reina? No... Perhaps Celestia? I would like to see the look on her face!' Chrysalis started snickering, but seized quickly, for a sharp pain ran through her lungs. 'I need to think of candidates that will give those kids a second chance...' She thought but only people she hated popped out. 'I guess I'll have to choose one of those.. Starlight? No that brat is to naive... she's doesn't have it in her to rule. Cadance has a grudge with us... or perhaps one of the bearers? They each have different weaknesses. A coward, or too prideful. no brainer, too honest, will die from dirt... T-Twilight?' She stopped at the thought, a bit surprised that she is even considering it.

'But who else? She has already ruled, she is forgiving, as well as fast adapting. Also, her alicorn genes will help the hive evolve well...' Chrysalis thought as a sickly green aura wrapped around her horn. <You are to hunt down and bring Twilight Sparkle here before the transformation fully begins. Be sure it goes smoothly.> She said as the spell was cast. She felt as if the spell was taking a part of her soul, her very being as it left.

'Huh..." She thought as the last of her consciousness drifted away, leaving behind an empty lifeless body of Queen Chrysalis Alor, the fourth daughter in line for the Rodonia Hive.