• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 11,319 Views, 297 Comments

Side Stories of Hasbroverse Earth - RK_Striker_JK_5



Anthology series detailing Equestria and Earth's encounters and the culture shock therein.

  • ...
17
 297
 11,319

Looking up at the Stars and thinking of You

Wilfred Mott made his way down to 13 Bannerman Road, an old dog at his feet. "Come on, Salty!" he said, grinning. "We're going and seeing Sarah..." He trailed off as he rounded a corner and spotted the two-story building-and an old police call box in the driveway. "Bless me heart," he mumbled. he ran up to the TARDIS, Salty lapping at his heels. "Doctor? Doctor!" He rapped his knuckles on the door. "Are you in there?" He stepped back as the door opened. "It's really good to see you, 'specially after the way you-"

"Down here, Wilf! My last regeneration was a bit... unstable?"

Wilf looked down, eyes widening as much as they could as he spotted a brown-coated pony wearing a tie and collar. "What the-no!"

The Doctor nodded. "Oh, yes!" He fully trotted out of the TARDIS and cantered about. "I landed in a pocket reality on a planet with sapient equines and, well, the rest is history." He looked around and sighed. "Even on a set path the old girl still plays around a bit. I meant to land in the attic next to Mister Smith, like usual." His expression brightened. "Ah, well! It's a nice, sunny day! Perfect for galloping about! What do you say, Wilf and Wilf's dog?"

Wilf glanced down. "Oh, sorry. This is Salty. Salty, this is the... well, the Doctor." He grinned. "I finally moved up north to Yorkshire, got myself a boat and a dog. Old Jack I called it, and well just felt right to get a dog too." Wilf looked around and noted several folks walking down the road and the occasional car driving by. "Might wanna continue this chat inside. I don't fancy having to explain a talking pony to people."

The Doctor waved him off. "Oh, no worries. Perception filter, you see. They'll see this but it'll slide right off. Happened all the time back in the old days. So, what brings you over to see Sarah Jane?" He looked around, ears folding against his skull. "Wait, is Donna here?" He rose up on his hind legs. "Wilf, you can't-"

Salty barked and whined slightly, then scratched behind his ear.

The Doctor lowered himself back to all fours and cocked his head to the side. "Wait, what? What do you mean 'Susan stopped by'?"

Wilf grinned. "Oh, your granddaughter, Susan!" He looked around, spotted a bench and pointed to it. "Mind if I take a load off? I'm not a young man anymore."

The Doctor nickered. "Don't you start on that, Wilf." He followed Wilf to the bench and heaved himself up onto it. "So, Susan... stopped by?"

"Oh, yeah! She had this shiny fob watch, opened it up and poof!" Wilf threw his hands into the air. "Some silver stuff flowed out of her mouth and eyes and she remembered everything. A miracle, it was!"

"Oh, of course!" the Doctor said, slapping his forehead and dragging his hoof down his face. "A chameleon arch capturing the Time lord essence, just leaving behind Donna herself! Why didn't I figure that out?"

Wilf shrugged. "Well, nobody's perfect."

The Doctor's ears twitched. "So, any chance I could see her? I've got to things to do back in Equestria but a quick jaunt around old London could be fun."

Wilf cleared his throat. "Well, you see Doctor, turns out-"

"OI! SPACEMAN! 'BOUT BLOODY TIME YOU SHOWED BACK UP!"

The Doctor paled as Donna Noble appeared from a side street and charged straight at him. He slid off the bench and started backing up. "Donna, Donna I-" He suddenly turned and galloped off. "So good to see you again gotta see Sarah Jane ALLON-SEY!"

Wilf watched as the two ran off. He looked down at Salty, then back up at Donna chasing the Doctor around. "Well, that went better than I thought it would."

Author's Note:

On July 28th, 2022, the wonderful Bernard Cribbins, a man of many talents, died. This is my small tribute to him.

Comments ( 3 )

Also David Warner on the 27th who'se been playing an alternative 3rd Doctor in Big Finish Audio's for several years now and he played Chancellor Gorkon from Star Trek. Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) on the 31st.

Well, at least someone remembered.....

Login or register to comment