• Published 30th May 2017
  • 3,322 Views, 19 Comments

The Princess, Her Sun, and Her Sons - LukeTheMercenary



This is the story of Princess Celestia's adopted children. Not foals, but humans.

  • ...
6
 19
 3,322

Love at first sight...

Years passed by quicker than one could imagine. When the humans turned six, they were able to go to kindergarten to learn. There were two schools for foals to learn: Magic kindergarten, and regular kindergarten. Magic kindergarten was for unicorns, and regular kindergarten was for earth ponies and pegasi. Both schools were right next to each other, and it was obvious that the humans weren't going to magic school.

When the first day of school came, Celestia was a little bit nervous about how other students would react to her children. Would they be afraid? Would they be teased? Or worse...what if her kids were the ones who would be causing problems?

Well, it turned out that there was nothing to be worried about. Everyone in the kindergarten was excited to hear that the four young princes were coming to learn there. The four humans had their own reactions to coming to school. While Nick was not interested in learning...he did like the attention he was getting. He was seen as "the cool one" in the group. Elmer didn't have much of a reaction at all. In fact, he seemed like he could care less about being at school. Richard came ready to learn. He was happy to be socializing with the other students, but was clearly more interested in learning. Luke walked in with a smile on his face, and felt like he could take on anything. He wanted to make friends, learn stuff, and play.

Despite Nick's lack of educational interest, the four handled school pretty well at first. Their grades and social statuses told a lot about themselves. Nick was the popular one, Richard was the brainy one, and Elmer was average. However, Luke got the lowest grades. Even more so than Nick. It's not that Luke hated learning, he just...struggled with the material. This worried Celestia, and she feared that she may have to hold him back for another year.

That all changed one day.

Halfway into the school year, Celestia was visiting the unicorn kindergarten. There was an after-school event going on, where the unicorns who struggled socially would have a chance to attempt to make friends. Among these unicorn students, there was Twilight Sparkle. She was a very intelligent filly for her age, but wasn't good with making or interacting with friends. Celestia tried and tried, but she couldn't just tear someone away from their studies.

During the event, Luke, Elmer, Richard, and Nick arrived at the unicorn kindergarten in search of their mom.

"Hi, mom!" Richard said as he and his brothers walked into the classroom.

"Kids, why aren't you heading home with the guards?" Celestia asked.

"We wanted you to come with us." Nick said.

"I told you, Mommy was going to be here today after school."

By this time, most of the unicorns stopped what they were doing and were looking at the four young princes.


"Look!" one shouted, "It's Prince Nick" one yelled.

"It's Prince Elmer!" another said.

"They're all here!" a third yelled.

Most of the unicorns crowded around the princes, Nick enjoying most of the attention. Luke got shy, and wandered around the classroom a bit. At one point, he decided to sit down and draw a little. When he got to the table, though, his eyes widened and his heart got all fluttery. He was looking at possibly the prettiest pony he had ever seen. She was lavender colored, her mane and tail a dark shade of purple. He got nervous, but decided to try and talk to her. Sheepishly, he approached her and attempted to make conversation.

"H-hi there," Luke said.

"Hello," the filly responded, not looking up from her book.

"You're...really smart." Luke says, noticing that the filly is reading a novel.

"Uh huh..."

"Uh...okay, bye!"

Luke left, seeing Twilight was obviously not interested in talking.

"Mom?" Luke asked Celestia, "Who's that purple pony?"

"Oh, her? That's Twilight Sparkle." Celestia responded.

"Wow...she's...really pretty..."

"Ooooooh...Luke likes somepony!" Nick said, tauntingly. Luke's face turned red in response.

The day after that, Luke was showing a dramatic academic change. His grades skyrocketed from an F...to an A! Celestia was stunned, but also impressed. Luke also started to show an interest in reading, so Celestia got him books to read. Luke's teacher was impressed by how much he had improved, and offered to send him to advanced classes for gifted pegasi and earth ponies.

As much as Luke wanted to get smart to impress Twilight...he didn't want to get separated from his brothers. So he refused. Celestia knew why, and it brings a smile to her face when she thinks of his act of loyalty to his siblings.

They're going to do great things when they grow up. Celestia told herself that night.

Author's Note:

Sorry that I haven't updated in so long. School has kept me really busy. If you liked this chapter, leave me a comment. As always, have a nice day. :twilightsheepish:

Comments ( 4 )

can you make a chapter where you describe the personality for everyone? like mentioning their stats?, after all that time I don't remember them really much.

Okay love at first sight can be good, but easily pretty bad too, I wait and see what happens.

"H-hi there," Luke said.

I know you have four different main chars here, but once again it is the main char that get's the huge crush.


I mentioned already that I'm wary about love at first sight stuff, but I somewhat liked it, however it was a bit rushed, timeskip or not there is just not really much.

start scene
they go into the room
they talk.
they get out of the room.
ending scene

Well it’s been over a year that this chapter has been out
So this fic is dead

9310660
*Screams of anguish*

11560582
i've found a better one

Login or register to comment