• Published 26th Apr 2017
  • 318 Views, 11 Comments

Sharktavia 2112: Space Shark of the Future! - Super Trampoline



In a world where evil triumphs and good falters, can one brave shark clean up the waters of N E W C A N T E R L O T ?

  • ...
5
 11
 318

Your Love is Like Bad Sharkicine

*Thwoop!* The dart embedded itself into the dartboard, two inches from the bullseye. A stallion huffed, hot air blowing out his nostrils. This was the future, so why was his damn air conditioning always breaking. He sighed, reaching for his scotch. He was interrupted by a dull knock on the door. He sighed (again) and resumed taking a drink. The knocking repeated, this time louder. ''We're closed,'' he shouted, his scratchy voice thudding through the sparsely furnished office. Dust drifted among the dour fluorescent lights, illuminating a detective agency in decline. The knocking ceased, and Floozy Flower was about to even crack a smile, but a shout from the door ended any thought of that.

''Come on, Flower, I need your help!'' It was alien. But it was familiar. Floozy sighed (he was doing that a lot) and dislodged himself from his chair, rear hooves slipping off of the desk they had been crossed upon. ''Alright, kid, I'm coming.'' He hobbled over to the door, occasionally wincing from the pain in his front left leg. He peered through the eyehole to ascertain his suspicion was correct, and unlocked the deadbolt. Outside, there was a shark.

''Floozy Flower!'' Sharktavia exclaimed, barreling into her old partner in crime (prevention). ''How have you been?'' She wrapped he stubby fins around him.

''Agh, easy with the scales, kid,'' he said, worming out of her grip. ''I never was one for hugging sandpaper.''

Sharktavia giggled. ''Ah, Flooze the Smooze, you haven't changed a bit.''

The detective smiled in kind. ''And I could say the same of you. What brings you round these decrepit parts?''

Sharktavia lost the grin. ''I need your help on a case.''

Floozy let out a burp. ''Shoot, kid, what's it this time?''

''I need some help with the Asteroids.''

The detective stiffened up. ''You better come inside, Tavi.'' She followed him into his office, and he bolted the door behind him. She swam from filing cabinet to filing cabinet, taking in the things that had changed since her last visit, and the greater number of things that were still the same. Same musty smell, same dartboard, and same grumpy stallion. Said owner of the room bruskly trotted back to his desk and sat down, swivelling to face his visitor.

"The answer's no, but that's not why I invited you into my office.'' The mare deflated, to the extent sharks can look deflated. "I invited you into my office, because I don't want you involved with those good-for-nuthin miscreants either. You're a good mare, Sharktavia, and I don't want nothing bad happening to you. I don't know if you heard the scanner, but just an hour ago some of their assassin machines were involved in a shootout or explosion or some nasty thing or other. I ain't workin' that case, and I'd advise you get yourself off of it."

Sharktavia swam restlessly around the room. "Come on Flooze, I think I'm close to a breakthrough. I've got some spicy leads but I need help putting them together, and there ain't no stallion better than you at that. I ain't asking for dangerous stakeouts or anything of the sort. Can you just help me with some old fashioned research?"

Floozy reached for his scotch, but found it empty. "No's a no's a no's, Tav. Same answer. I'm done getting mixed up in that nonsense. I've got grandkids now, and I want to be there for them. Things are different when you're older. Maybe someday you'll see what I mean."

Sharktavia scowled, undeterred. "I'm older than you, and you know that. I've got great great grandkids back on Earth. This is bigger than me and you and them though." She pulled out her trump card: "Floozy Flower, "I know who killed Vinyl Scratch."

Comments ( 11 )

"New Canterlot: a city drenched in sin, where the tides of evil have washed over everything good in a tidal wave of crime and corruption. A city where the innocent are caught up in the chum of scheming politicians and power-hungry monsters and yanked out by a riptide of deceit and greed. A city that stands poised on the shores of decay, gazing into the shoals of its own horrid existence.

Now only one soul, hell-bent on revenge, has the fins to brave the roaring undertow of New Canterlot's seedy underbelly. One soul... named Sharktavia. It turns out crime has bitten off more than it can chew.

This Summer, there's blood in the water."

You're welcome.

I've seen this type of stories done by a couple of people on this site, so where the hell did the whole Sharktavia thing come from anyway?

I feel I should note that shark scales are actually teeth that grow out of their skin. Because that is amazing.

In any case, looking forward to seeing where you go with this sea salt-scented cybernoir. (Doo dah, doo dah)

Oh SNAP!

I am tracking and curious.

This is an odd beast.

Updates every Tuesday

LIES :flutterrage:

8350192
Yeah, I should probably update this.

10207769
YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM

Login or register to comment