• Published 18th May 2017
  • 2,967 Views, 248 Comments

Shining Lucky Stars - Axle the Cobalt Exorcist



9 heros chosen by the stars to start a rebelion to stop the Jark Matter Shogunate from not only conquering Earth but also the univers

  • ...
9
 248
 2,967

Space 15: Fighting Spirit

“Ufff!”

Scorpio Orange crashed into a pile of garbage cans with a loud crash. The ranger quickly recovered with spear in hand as Ikagen slowly walked towards him. “You are really brave or really stupid to fight me on your own,” the assassin said as he raised his axe. When he brought down the blade, the ranger was able to move out of the way before swinging his own weapon. Ikagen dodged the attack, but Orange continued to strike without any hits. “You'd think you'd learn that attacks like that will never hit me,” Ikagen said as he performed another slash, this one landing and pushing the ranger back.

Observing the battle from the rooftops was Silver. She had been watching the fight the whole time, taking careful notes on Ikagen. This fight was never meant to defeat the assassin, but to collect any information they could on how they could finally do him in. Silver observed throughout all of their encounters with him that he was not overly strong; in fact he was rather average. What made him such a dangerous combatant was the fact that the ranger was very rarely able to land any kind of hit on him. The point of this battle was to find a way to fix that.

“Big Mac, use your stinger to find a blind spot. Maybe we can exploit that,” Silver said through her communicator.

Orange gave a slight nod as he blocked the axe. He stealthily snaked the scorpion tail towards the ground before sneaking it behind Ikagen. Once it got into position the scorpion tail flew right towards the alien’s back. Unfortunately before the attack could complete, Ikagen kicked the ranger out of the way and swung his axe to hit the scorpion tail out of the way. “A sneak attack, really?” Ikagen said as he turned back to the ranger.


On the ORION Shou, Ditzy, and Aria were watching the battle on the monitor. “Jeez, he was able to stop the attack while focused on Burger Boy.”

“It's almost like he can see into the future,” Ditzy added.

“If that is true then retrieving the Vela Kyutama may be harder then we once thought,” Shou said.

“I think it might be something similar to that,” Silver’s voice said. “I did see something when Big Mac attacked just then, but I need to look into it more.”

“Then I might have what you need,” Shou said as he pulled out a light-purple Kyutama.


Silver pressed the button on her belt to reveal the light-purple kyutama in it. Once she picked it up she spun the top to show the image of a snake coiled up. With the kyutama in hand Silver jumped down into the battle. “Get out of the way!” Silver yelled as she placed the kyutama into her blaster and pushed it back.

SERPENS KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

Silver pulled the trigger and a swarm of energy constructs in the shape of snakes come flying. Orange moved out of the way, but Ikagen was too slow and the snakes were able to surround him in a cyclone. “Resorting to cheap tricks are we?” Ikagen said as he began to fire his rifle at the snakes. As he fired Silver was paying very close attention to see if her theory was true. Soon the assassin was able to take out the last of the snakes and point his rifle to the rangers. “Any more tricks you want to try before I end you?” he asked.

Orange was preparing to charge but he was stopped when Silver put her hand on his shoulder. “We have the info we came for. It’s time for use to retreat and share our findings with the others,” she said. Orange nodded as they both pushed their kyutama to the side on their blasters.

“SAI ZA GO!”

The giant Kyutama formed around them before Silver’s flew up into the air and docked into the voyager. Orange’s on the other hand began to spin before drilling into the ground. With the rangers scared off, Ikagen reseted the barrel of his rifle on his shoulder as he walked away. “Hehe, try all you want Kyurangers. Even if you find out my little ace in the hole you will never be able to counter it.”


Sweet Leaf and Shady were both hanging out at the Junk Shop to give company to Comet and Axle as they built their robot. ”Wow, I can’t believe you guys are making a robot!” Shady exclaimed.

“I’m trying to figure out why we would need one,” Sweet Leaf followed as she took a bite from the snacks they brought.

“Why not?” Comet said as he joyfully hammered code out on his computer. “They can assist in analyzing enemies as well as help with Kyutama selection. Plus I think Shou would appreciate it in his old age.”

“And you know how to build one, Axle?” Shady asked.

“Well I never went out and built something this big. Mostly little things anyone can do. However I have read a ton of blueprints Old Dog had laying around for deep space drones,” Axle said as he pulled out a large power drill.

“And why would he have those?” Comet asked.

“Beats me, I think he bought them off someone,” Axle answered as sparks filled the air. “By the way, what’s Flash up to?”

“Last we saw of him, he was talking to Bulk by the school’s entrance,” Sweet Leaf said.

“Hmm very interesting,” Axle said, turning off his tool.


A phone call later, Flash soon found himself at the local gym with Rainbow Dash waiting for him. “Hey man, do you mind telling me why you wanted to meet here?” Rainbow asked.

“Well I just wanted to learn some self defence, ya know, with all the monster attacks. You’re the only black belt I know so I thought you might be able to help,” Flash explained with a smile. “Sorry if it’s on such short notice.”

“Not at all. The best black belt you know needs the practice anyway. Can't let my moves get rusty,” Rainbow said with a cocky grin.

“I said you were the only one I knew,” Flash pointed out.

“Which makes me the best by default. Now come on,” Rainbow said as she led the way into the gym.

At once, they got changed into proper workout clothes, Rainbow with the addition of a head band tied around her head. Once they were ready they entered one of the free training rooms. Over the course of an hour, Rainbow took Flash through several of the basic stances and and strikes of Karate. “Alright Flash, I think we have a good start on offence. Now let work on defence,” Rainbow said as she threw the training pad to the side.

“Ok let's do this,” Flash said as he took the stance Rainbow taught him.

“Ok, I’m going to throw a punch right down the center real slow. All you need to do is an inward block,” Rainbow said. Flash nodded and prepared for the attack. However things didn't go as planned as Rainbow’s punch ended up moving at her super speed. Flash was barely able to see her fist, let alone block it before he was hit in the chest and sent flying into the padded walls.

“Uff, uh Rainbow, did you remember to take off your geo before practice?” Flash asked as he got up.

Rainbow was embarrassed for a moment as she pulled her necklace from under her shirt. “Hehehe will ya look at that. Why don't you take a break and while I put this away. There’s a water dispenser just outside,” Rainbow said as she headed back to the locker room.

Flash took Rainbow’s advice and went to the water dispenser outside. “I really hope this training works out. I cant let the others down,” Flash told himself as he took some of the water.

“Hey, are you going to hog all the water for yourself?” a voice asked in a joking tone. Flash turned to see that the voice came from one of the gym members. He was a incredibly fit older man with white skin and blue hair. He had on normal workout attire with black shorts and a purple tank top. He was breathing heavily, most likely from finishing a workout. The man took a cup of water and chugged it before turning to Flash. “So what brings you here?” the man asked as he went to refill his small cup.

“Well I was here with my friend who is teaching me some Karate. You know, for self defence and stuff,” the teen answered.

“Ah well that's good; good to know how to handle yourself should you get attacked,” the man said as he took another sip of water.

“I’m more worried about the people around me getting attacked,” Flash said as he leaned up against the wall.

“So I can guess that you got hurt trying to protect someone. Possibly from one of those aliens running around,” the man said, inspecting his cup of water.

“Wow you’re good.”

“It’s a talent, comes in handy at work. But it's not often I meet a teen selfieless enough to defend others to the point of getting hurt,” the man said before finishing his water.

“Yeah its kinda stupid but what am I to do? Just let them get hurt while I run away? That's not really my style,” Flash said scratching the back of his head.

“Stupid yes. But no less admirable,” The man said as he crushed his cup and threw it into a nearby bin. “It’s clear that if you get in trouble again you’re going to fight rather than fly. As someone who looks out for the community, I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night if I didn't show you some self defence a bit more versatile than Karate.”

That comment caused Flash to do a spit take. “Um excuse me?” He asked as he wiped his face.

“You heard me. If you want I can train you. And odds are I have a bit more experience then your friend,” the man pointed out.

“Why would you want to help me like that?”

“Because helping people is what I do,” the man replied.

The statement surprised Flash. It was something he would have said if he was in the same situation. Now the teen was curious, just who was this man. “Well that’s very kind of you but I don’t want to just ditch my friend.” Flash said. At that moment Rainbow Dash rushed out of the door, however she was in her normal clothes. “Rainbow, what's going on?”

“Sorry Flash, but it turns out I forgot about work today, that's my bad. Hope you don't mind if we pick up another day?” Rainbow answered.

“Oh thats fine, but I hope you don't mind if I train with this guy I just met?” Flash responded.

“Thats cool. If you want to learn from him go for it,” Rainbow said before looking at her phone. “Oh man, I'm really cutting it close,” she said before taking off running.

“Well now that that’s sorted out, let’s get…” the man started before the two heard a call tone.

Flash looked down at his wrist band before an embarrassed look took his face. “I’m sorry, it looks like I need to go too,” Flash said with a weak smile.

“That's fine. I’ll be here early tomorrow morning. We can get some work done then,” the man said with an understanding smile.

“Thanks,” Flash said before he started to run towards the locker room. “Oh I forgot to ask, what's your name?”

“Its Shining, Shining Armor,” the man answered with a proud with a proud look on his face.


Flash made it onto the ORION where all of the others were assembled. Projected above the main table was a hologram of Ikagen. “Ok that's everyone,” Shou said.

“I’m guessing you found a way to beat Ink Breath here,” Flash said as he walked up the the table.

“Yeah, in fact it was so simple that it's a shame I didn't see it before,” Sugarcoat said before pulling up a video of the battle earlier today. “Pay close attention to the armor around his shoulders and knee armor,” she said as the video played, showing the moment when Sugarcoat used the Serpens Kyutama. As she snakes circled around the assassin, the rangers soon noticed that several parts of his armor were lighting up. “It’s not any kind of clairvoyance or predicting the future. He just has multiple eyes on his body,” she explained.

“That explains how he can see all of our attacks coming,” Ditzy said as the video window closed. “But how do we beat him?”

“I already have a plan. If we attack every point he can see from, he will be so focused he wouldn't see any other attacks,” Sugarcoat presented.

“Looking over the footage, he has a total of ten eyes, meaning we have just enough fire power to pull it off,” Time Turner added.

“That's great, then all we have to do is to find him,” Comet said happily.

“That's actually going to be the hardest part of this whole thing,” Shou said as he pulled up a map of the area. “They’ve been cloaked ever since they came to Earth so we only see them when they attack. Not even tracking the Vela Kyutama’s energy will help.”

“Well if baiting them out is all we have to do then this should be no problem,” Aria asid with a smug look.

“Don't get too cocky. Just cause we found out his trick, doesn't mean that's all he has up his sleeve,” Sugarcoat pointed out.

“So be prepared for anything, that's what it comes down to,” Flash said, appearing to getting fired up.

“What gotten into you?” Big Mac asked, curious as to the new energy Flash was emanating.

“Well I took Sweet Leaf’s advice and started training,” Flash answered, scratching the back of his head.

“That’s great,” Ditzy said in her usual supporting tone.

“Let’s just hope you can actually keep up with it,” Aria followed in her usual condescending tone. “Last thing we need is for someone like you to be weak.”


Ikagen bowed down as he prepared to contact Don Armage. Unfortunately Madakko wasn't showing the same level of respect as she was laying down behind him reading a magazine. “Madakko, will you come over here and show some respect. We need to report to the master,” Ikagen ordered.

“I'm not leaving this spot till I feel like it,” Madakko said as she flipped the page.

Before the assassin could respond, the hologram of Jark Matter’s leader appeared before the two. This caused Ikagen to bow his head to the ground for his master. “Oh Don Armage, please forgive our lack of respect. Madakko’s regeneration has come with some… complications,” Ikagen growled in hope his master wouldn’t be mad.

“I can see her new personality is not becoming of a soldier of her caliber. I expect to correct it as soon as possible,” Don Armage started as he looked down to his subordinates. “As for why I am calling, The Karo of the Scorpius star system will be coming to Earth to assist in its conquest.”

“My lord, not that I question your judgment, but are your sure you want someone as bloodthirsty as him to come?” Ikagen asked.

“I feel it's entirely necessary considering how slow you have been taking down the Kyurangers. He is in the middle of crushing rebels on Dazar so you have till then to live up to your reputation,” Don Armage said before the hologram disappeared.

“Looks like my fun has come to an end,” Ikagen said as he stood up. “I thought I could get away with toying with the rangers, but if Don Armage is getting impatient then I have no choice but to end it. And this shall be the rangers’ undoing,” he said as he held up the Vela Kyutama he stole from the rangers.


The next morning came and Flash wasted no time in coming back to the gym. Once he got changed he saw Shining at one of the training dummies. The moves he was executing looked incredibly brutal. A mix of punches, kicks, and grapples. Once he noticed Flash, he took a break from his practice. “Ah, glad to see you actually came.”

“Of course I came. I want to protect people, so I got to get stronger,” Flash said.

“That's good to hear, but I’m not training you to be a vigilante or something. What I’m teaching you is to defend should no other option be available,” Shining explained.

“I understand,” Flash replied with a serious face. “So what will I be learning? Judo? Jujitsu?”

“Krav Maga,” Shining answered.

“What’s that?”

“It's a very aggressive fighting style that combines techniques from other martial arts as well as realistic fighting,” Shining explained.

“Sounds intense,” Flash said.

“It is, but I can tell a guy like you can handle it,” Shining said with a smile.

“Alright then, how do we start?” Flash asked.

“Well we should probably start with some of the core principles. Simultaneous attack and defence. Maintaining awareness of your surroundings. Developing physical aggression and not getting it confused for emotional aggression,” Shining explained further.

“Ok then how do we do that?” As if to answer Flash, Shining launched a kick right for his head. Flash’s instances as a ranger kicked in and he held up both his arms to block. “What the heck!?”

“In my experiences the best way to learn how to fight is to be thrown into the fire. I can see you have some expertise under your belt so we will be expanding on what you already know,” Shining said as he raised his fists. “Now I want you to try and hit me back!” he yelled as he threw a punch at Flash.

Flash dodged the punch and countered with an uppercut. The punch hit and sent Shining back a bit. “Not bad but you need to keep the pressure on,” Shining said as he ran up to Flash and grabbed his arm. He then turned around so that he was holding his arm over the his shoulder before performing a jab with his elbow repeatedly into Flash’s back. Flash cried out in pain before Shining let go of his arm and he dropped on the floor. “I may like ya kid, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hold back. If you can't take it then I suggest you back out.”

Flash struggled for a moment before lifting himself up. “I'm not backing out. What kind of guy would I be if I couldn't take a few punches,” Flash said as he got to his feet.

“That's good to hear. Now we’re going to keep sparing till we get that aggression up. Then I’ll show you how to disarm an opponent.” With that said the two went back to their fighting.


“Looks like everything is done with the hydraulics. Now it's on to the power connections,” Axle said as he put away his tools. “How’s the brain coming along?”

“Really interesting actually,” Comet replied as Axle looked over his shoulder to see the computer. On the screen was a whole stream of code as well as a diagram of the android. “From what I can tell this kind of personality matrix is supposed to start out blank and develop over time through its interactions and expects. Ya know, similar to a real human. However this one seems to already have a personality loaded in. There doesn't seem to be a way to reset it.”

“Well what did you expect? You got most of this stuff from the basement of your ship,” Axle said as he went back to working on the body. “So will this thing be evil and try to kill you all?”

“I don't think so, from what I can tell the personality is pretty passive,” Comert said as he continued to work. After a few moment Comet’s phone started to ring. “Hello?”

“Bro,” Bulk’s voice said from the other end of the call. “Guess what Time Turner just found?”

“Ikagen?” Comet guessed.

“Better, the Vela Kyurtama. He thinks that since he stole it from us that he must be using it to bait us,” Bulk explained.

“So it’s a trap?”

“Yeah, but Shou said that since we know his weakness now, we can spring a trap of our own,” Bulk said enthusiastically.

“That's great. Did you tell everyone?” Comet asked.

“Yeah, though Ditzy can't seem to get to Flash. Shou is afraid that we might lose our opportunity so if we have to, we may be going in a man short,” Bulk said.

“Well looks like we better prepare then. I’ll be up there soon,” Comet said as he closed his computer. “Axle…”

“You don't need to say it. You said you were almost done anyway so it should be no problem for me to finish up,” Axle said.

Comet let out a smile before he grabbed his backpack and ran out of the door. “Thanks man,” Comet said before leaving the junk shop.

As he left Axle returned back to work with soldering iron in hand. “Now what should the paint job be? Maybe something light blue?”


Flash hit the floor hard as Shining stood over him with a baton in his hand. “Flash, you have to remember physical aggression isn't emotional aggression. Getting angry won't help you at all,” Shining said as he helped Flash up. “Now come on, we’re not leaving till you’re able to get the knife out of my hand.”

“Can I at least check my phone? I can hear it going off from here. It might be important,” Flash said.

“I don’t know, can you?” Shining said as he took a fighting stance with the baton. Flash saw this challenge and charged at his trainer, determined to get the “knife” out of his hand.


The construction site was quiet. Not a soul was present except for the Jark Matter assassin standing casually in the middle of the area. Unknown to him were the rangers who were taking their positions. Before Draco Commander entered the battlefield, he went over the plan again with the others. “Is everyone in position?” he asked. Everyone answered through the headset in their helmets. “And what about Flash?”

“Still nothing,” Black answered.

The commander let out a sigh. “If we can’t get in contact with him then I guess we have no choice but to move ahead without him,” he ordered. The others had no choice but to agree as the Commander moved forward.

As the ranger got closer, Ikagen wasted no time confronting his long-time target. “Look who decided to come out and play,” Ikagen mocked as he held up the white kyutama.

“Cut the chit-chat, I’m here for the Vela Kyutama that you stole. Now are you going to hand it over peacefully, or am I going to have to take it from you after you’re a pile of ash?” the Commander demanded.

“I think we both know I never do peaceful,” Ikagen said as he pulled out his rifle.

“That’s a shame,” Draco said as he converted his cane into rifle mode and took aim. This was the signal the other rangers were looking for to come out of their hiding spots and take aim at a piece of armor that was confirmed to be one of his eyes.

“Whatever you're planning will never work,” Ikagen claimed.

“FIRE!” the commander yelled, causing everyone to open fire on the singal target . the attacks caused a huge cloud of smoke to appear around Ikagen. All ten rangers focused all there power on the one target. After a few moment the rangers stopped firing and waited for smoke to clear. However the rangers were shocked to see what was there once it did.

Ikagen was standing completely unharmed, but that wasn't the worst part. Coming out of the ten spots on his armor was what looked like liquid crystal, taking the form of an exact copy of his arm holding a copy of his axe to block the attack. “You just assumed that the crystals on my armor only acted as my eyes. That was a good guess but completely wrong,” the assassin said as the extra arms took a more slime-like form and oozed out onto the ground. “They say the eyes are the windows to the soul. Well my crystal eyes allow pieces of my soul to fight alongside me.”

The piles of liquid crystal soon began to take shape again into full copies of Ikagen. The copies took aim at one of the rangers and returned fire. The rangers were so surprised by what was happening that they weren’t able to move out of the way. “You all made me reveal my trump card. That alone is enough of a reason to not let you live,” Ikagen said as his copies turned their rifles into axes and charged at the rangers.

One of the copies ran over to The Commander and swung it’s axe. The Commander used the barrel of his rifle before swinging it at the attacker. Unfortunately the attack seemed to pass right through the copy’s body. This gave the copy the opportunity to swing it’s axe again, this time hitting its target.

Green was fighting back with her saber against the copy. She was doing well fending off its attacks. The copy was so distracted that it didn't see Orange with his spear. Once he saw an opening the ranger charged in. Unfortunately the copy returned into a liquid state, causing the orange ranger to attack his teammate. Another copy saw this and shot at the two while they were down.

Pink tried to use her Kyu Shot to fire at a copy that was closing in. With each shot she took the copy seemed to curve its body to have all the shots miss. Once it got close it smacked the weapons out of her hand before pushing the pink ranger to the ground. “Please be gentle,” Pink said as the copy raised its axe. Before he attacked, Blue came in to grab her before taking her behind a pile of large pipes for cover.

“These guys are crazy coordinated. It's almost like the original is giving them orders directly,” Blue said.

“So if we distract the original, the copies wouldn't know what to do?” Pink asked.

“Most likely,” Blue said before their cover was bombarded by two of the copies. “But we have unstoppable creeps to worry about.”

“Hahaha, this is what you get when you stand in the way of Jark Matter,” Ikagen declared as he saw the rangers on the ropes. By the look of things, it seemed like the Kyurangers were almost defeated. That is until something unexpected attacked Ikagen from the side.

The assassin was pushed back before seeing that his attacker was Flash. “Oh so the red one decided to play. Well I don't mind taking care of you pers…” before Ikagen could finish, Flash out of nowhere rushed him. Flash pushed his left arm into the alien’s neck and grabbed the arm Ikagen held his weapon in with his right.

“I had a feeling with all of your copies running around, you wouldn't have your extra eyes anymore,” Flash said before proceeding to twist the alien’s wrist till he dropped his weapon. With the monster now disarmed he them punched him in the abdomen before shooting his Seiza Blaster at point blank. The shot sent Ikagen back a good distance.

As this was happening, the copies began to slow down and soon the rangers were able to attack them.

“Flash, where were you?” Silver asked as she used her scythe to cut a copy in half.

“I’m really sorry, but my trainer wasn't going to let me leve before we were finished,” Flash answered as he thought back to the thrashing Shining was giving him before he managed to finally take him down. “But I guess it payed off since it helped me take this guy down,” he said before pulling out a yellow kyutama and sliding the surface to form the image of a triangle.

TRIANGULUM KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

Flash then pulled the trigger, which caused an energy construct of a triangle shape to fly out and act like a boomerang. The triangle traveled in a circle, hitting every one of the copies and causing them to burst. As each copy was destroyed, its corresponding crystal on Ikagen’s armor shattered. “Y-you may have stopped my copies, but I’m still stronger than you weak humans,” Ikagen said as he ran over to his axe, which began to glow with blue energy. Quickly, the assassin performed a slash attack towards Flash. Flash just as quickly put the Leo Kyutama into his blaster and pulled the trigger.

“SAI ZA CHANGE!”

The construct of the lion constellation blocked the attack before the teen transformed into the red ranger. “You never realized that every time Jark Matter managed to knock us down, we’d always come back stronger,” Red declared as the other rangers assembled behind him.

"The Super Star," Red yelled as he gave his thumbs up pose. "Leo Red!"

"The Poison Star," Orange yelled as he extended his right arm. "Scorpius Orange."

"The Beast Star," Blue said as she swung his arms threw the air. "Lupus Blue!"

"The Trick-star," the Gold ranger said as he swung his arm through the air before giving a two fingered salute. "Libra Gold!"

"The Ring Star," Black said as he pounded his fists together and raised them to the sky. "Taurus Black, YEAH!"

"The Silent Star," Silver said as she ran two fingers over her visor with one arm crossed. "Ophiuchus Silver."

"The Stealth Star," Green yelled as she took a fighting stance. "Chameleon Green!"

"The Speed Star," the pink ranger said as she threw her arms back as if she was flying. "Aquila Pink!"

"The Blade Star!" Yellow said as she cut through the air with her arms. "Dorado Yellow!"

"The Dragon Ma-Star!" the violet ranger said as he spun his cane in the air before striking a pose. "Draco Commander!"

“The Big Star!” the sky blue ranger yelled as he stood tall with both hands on his hips. “Ursa Sky Blue!

"We're the stars of rebellion," Red announced as he drew a circle in the air. "Uchuu Sentai..."

"Kyuranger!" they all yelled.

The red ranger then pointed at Ikagen with his sword. “Alright everyone, Let’s Rocket!”

“No matter how strong you think you are, you will never beat me,” Ikagen said as he charged to meet the rangers. His axe met with Red’s sword as the two pushed back between one another. Red’s strength was so much that Ikagen was forced to use both hands with his weapon. The two eventually broke off when Green came in from below to strike with her saber. With the monster pushed back, this gave an opening for Orange to bind his arm with his tail. Sky Blue followed with by doing the same with his scarf.

“YEAH!” Black yelled as he charged at the monster to smash his arm into Ikagen’s chest. Yellow came in soon after as she performed an axe kick. Blue, Silver, and the Commander followed close behind, performing slashes with their respective weapons. Gold and Pink came up from behind to fire at the assassin.

“Y-y-you can't do this. I am Jark Matter’s top assassin,” Ikagen said as he struggled to stand.

“If you’re Jark Matter’s best, they need to think about some major restructuring,” Silver said as the eleven rangers surrounded the monster.

“This is the end,” Red said as all the rangers pushed the kyutama on their blasters back twice.

“GALAXY!!!”

Energy began to build at the end the blasters before they all pulled the triggers. “ALL STAR CRUSH!” they all yelled as streams of colored light all converged on the monster, and almost instantly Ikagen was destroyed.
Out of the explosion, the Vela Kyutama flew out and Sky Blue rushed to catch it. “I got it,” the young boy said as the Kyutama fell into his hands.

“Amazing,” Red said as he looked over the monster’s remains. “It kinda feels odd for this to be over after all the fighting we’ve done with him.”

“Don't worry, it won't last,” Silver said.

At that moment the black box among the remains broke and purple smoke filled the air. Instantly the remains began to grow before reforming into a giant Ikagen. “Bow your heads!” the giant yelled.

“Things can never be easy, can they,” Blue commented.

“Nope,” Orange replied.

The rangers all pushed their kyutama to the side to summon there Voyagers.

“SAI ZA GO!”

The rangers were soon surrounded by the giant kyutama before they flew up into the air. All of their ships flew in from the sky as each kyutama docked into its respective Voyager. With their ships, the rangers wasted no time getting into battle formation.

“SAI ZA DOCKING!”

Kyuren-Oh was formed with Green and Yellow forming the arms while Black and Blue formed the legs.

KYUREN-OH!!!

Ryuta-Oh wasn't far behind with Orange and Sky Blue forming the arms.

RYUTA-OH!!!

The Gold and Silver Voyagers transformed into their robot forms and prepared for battle. Pink flew behind them, ready to provide support.

Kyuren-Oh charged forward with its sword arm before performing a shlash. Ikagen blocked the attack but Silver jumped in to attack. Ryuta-Oh followed soon after with a blast from its scorpion arm.

“Not bad, but you better prepare for your punishment,” Ikagen said as he held up his axe. It then charged with energy before he performed two slash attacks in a cross shape, causing the two robots to stumble back. Ikagen performed another slash. This time the damage was enough to cause the mechs to split apart.

“Looks like the size isn't for show,” Blue said.

“We can't give up,” the commander said as the mechs formed again, this time with their arms switched.
All of a sudden Red noticed something with his Kyutama. “Guys, I think we need to combine our mechs if we want to be done with this guy once and for all,” Red said.

“Are you sure?” Sky Blue asked.

“Crazier things have happened,” Green pointed out.

“Let’s Rocket guys!” Red announced as everyone activated their changers.

“SAI ZA SUPER DOCKING!”

The gold helmet on Ryuta-Oh’s head came off as the the whole robot attached onto the back of Kyuren-Oh. Its arm became two shoulder-mounted turrets as the large dragon head docked over the red Kyutama on its chest. Each of the kyutama lit up one at a time before all were lit.

KYURAN-OH DRACO!!!

“Oh yeah,” Red said happily.

“Get ready to see our true power!” Draco Commander followed.

“Are you sure this is enough of a change to overpower him?” Blue asked.

“It’s the best we got,” Sky Blue answered.

“Oh it’s so pitiful to see you try and fight such a pointless battle,” Ikagen said. Out of nowhere some kind of pod launched from his head and blasted into the sky. Dark clouds soon formed in the sky before it started to rain heavily. When the rain landed on the mech, it started to corrode the metal.

“Dang it, its acid rain,” Yellow observed.

“And it’s causing a lot of damage real fast,” Blue followed as his screen blinked red.
Gold, Silver, and Pink all watched the rain and how it was affecting Kyuren-Oh Draco. “We need to help them,” Pink said.

“Right,” Gold agreed. The two humanoid voyagers transformed into a surface to air canon form as they aimed up into the sky. Gold and Silver pushed their kyutama back twice.

“GALAXY!”

They both pulled the trigger causing the cannons to fire into the sky. The Aquila Voyager followed the blasts as they pierced through the clouds. Once the pink ship got high enough, it flapped its wings harder to blow away the clouds. “That should stop em,” Pink said as the clouds dispersed.

“YEAH!” Black yelled as he pushed his controls forwards to move the mech. Once it was close enough the giant robot punched the monster with its scorpion arm. Once Ikagen was pushed back, Green and Yellow opened fire.

“Time to give him a taste of what the Kyurangers’ true power tastes like,” Red said. The others agreed as the eight rangers in the robot pushed their kyutama back twice.

“SUPER GALAXY!”

The giant kyutama on the robot glowed with energy before streams of light all pooled into the dragon head on the mech’s chest. Once the energy was fully charged the eight rangers pulled the trigger and launched a giant blast at Ikagen. “SCRAMBLE METEOR BREAK!” they all yelled as the blast hit.

“Forgive me Don Armage!” Ikagen yelled before he exploded.

“Alright Kyurangers, we’re another step closer to freeing the universe,” Red said as he relaxed in his chair.


Once the battle was over, Flash had to make his way to the gym. He left Shining hanging when he had to go to help his team. He got back just in time when Shining was leaving. Instead of his work out clothes, Shining was dressed in a basic suit and tie. “Hey Shining, I'm sorry I had to leave all of a sudden,” Flash said as he confronted the older man.

“No I get it: you’re a teenager, you had more important places to be,” Shining replied with a shrug.

“I just didn't want you to think I wasn't taking your training seriously,” Flash said as he scratched the back of his head. “I also wanted to thank you for all you've done.”

“Oh it wasn't a problem at all,” Shining replied, copying Flash’s action.

“Shiny!” a familiar voice called out. The two turned around to see Twilight running up to them. She looked to be holding a small bag as she approached. “Cadence sent me here cause you forgot your lunch.”

“Aww what would I do without you, Twilly,” Shining said as he scooped Twilight up in a hug.

“Oh how’s it going Flash?” Twilight asked when Shining put her down.

“Oh alright. Um, if you don't mind me asking, how do you two know each other?” Flash asked.

“Oh Shiny here is my BBBFF,” Twilight said as he handed the bad to Shining. “My Big Brother Best Friend Forever,” she said with a huge smile.

“Wait Shining is your brother, the one that’s the Chief of Police?” Flash asked, surprised by this realization.

“Ah, I see my little sister has been talking about me to her school friends,” Shining said with a prideful smile.

“But how do you two know each other?” Twilight asked.

“Well I've been training Flash here with some self defence. He’s also been helping me out a bit as well,” Shining answered.

“What do you mean helping you out?” Flash asked.

This was when Shining started to get a bit nervous. “Ya see, I’ve been asked to train the new cadets at the police academy next year. Teaching you kinda helped me get comfortable teaching others.”

“Hehe, looks like we been helping each other out then,” Flash said.

“So do you still want to keep it up then?” Shining asked.

“Of course,” Flash replied with excitement. The two then extended their hands to seal the agreement with a shake. All of a sudden a call tone filled the air. “Whoops, looks like I need to go,” Flash said before running to his car. Shining and Twilight waved goodbye as he left.


The sound of clicking glass filled the air of the ORION as the Kyurangers toasted to their victory. “Let’s celebrate, Kyurangers. We have defeated Ikagen as well as got beck the Vela Kyutama. We are one step closer to summoning the Argo and stopping Jark Matter,” Shou declared as he drank from his glass.

“Not only that, but I finished that robot I've been working on,” Comet added as he looked over to the door.

Axle soon came through the door as he addressed the rangers. “Ladies and gentlemen, I present the ORION’s new support admin, the android Cosmos,” he announced as he moved out of the way.

Walking into the doorframe was a humanoid robot. The figure it had made the android look very feminine. The robot was mostly aquamarine and clad in white plating that made it look like she wearing a jacket and short pants. Her face had no mouth and a screen displaying a pair of eyes. She also had long aquamarine locks of synthetic hair that stretched down to her waist.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you all. I’m programmed to assist you all to the best of my abilities,” Cosmos said as she bowed. Her voice was very digitised, almost as if the two lifted it from a video game.

“The pleasure is all ours,” Flash said as she took her hand.

“She is amazing, great work you two,” Time Turner complemented as he looked over the android.

“What’s with the caution strips on her arms,” Aria pointed out.

“Personal design chose,”Axle answered as he pulled out his phone to show the same print was his wallpaper.

“I can't wait to assist you all in your fight against Jark Matter,” Cosmos said with happy-looking eyes on her screen.


Later that night Madakko was stationed outside the town, reading her magazine on a stack of rocks. She was so focused on her reading that the landing of a Jark Matter flag ship didn't even phase her. Stepping out of the ship was a lone figure with a menacing presence. A presence that Madakko seemed to not give too much mind. “About time you got here,” Madakko said in her new usual low tone.

The figure didn't take too kindly to Madakko’s attitude as he grabbed the magazine. In his grip the paper was dissolved instantly by the figure’s corrosive touch. “Where is the Orange ranger!?”

To be continued.

Author's Note:

I have some special stuff planed for this fic in the coming months

as always the ever lovely Sunflower1414 is responsible for the editing of the chapter

as always feed back is welcome so please leave a comment

Comments ( 18 )

Okay, this was awesome. I wasn't expecting my guess to be right. Looking forwards to seeing what else you come up with.

Also, is Cosmos something you made up or is it something that exists in other media? I don't remember seeing it in Kyurangers.

9179328
Cosmos is some what original with some ideas from a transformers comic

“Its Shining, Shining Armor,”

"excited girly squealing" :pinkiehappy: Here's a string of hugs. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Woohoo! Alright!

Wasn't expecting Shining. Flash getting the help he needs and the robot assistant makes her apearance.

I didn't think to comment on this on my first read, but 1. How is the new friendship between Flash and Shining going to play into Flash's romantic struggle with Twilight? 2. That ending. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Resorting to cheap tricks are we?

Says the god damn assassin :facehoof:

Why not?

Spoken like a true mad scientist

Beats me, I think he bought them off someone

And everything that follows is your fault, Alex :rainbowlaugh: Beware of cobras my friend

Hehehe will ya look at that. Why don't you take a break and while I put this away. There’s a water dispenser just outside,

Ok, now that is funny

But it's not often I meet a teen selfieless enough to defend others to the point of getting hurt

laying it on awfully thick her Shining

I already have a plan. If we attack every point he can see from, he will be so focused he wouldn't see any other attacks,

That could work, or you just bring something that will hurt his eyes like pepper spray and use it on the eyes.

I expect to correct it as soon as possible,

I'm all for killing this stupid squid again

As he left Axle returned back to work with soldering iron in hand. “Now what should the paint job be? Maybe something light blue?”

Ok, so that is your biggest priority now? No offer to help? Nothing? Ok then.

If you’re Jark Matter’s best, they need to think about some major restructuring,

That is nothing new

That chapter was ok. Still, Alex get off your lazy ass, I know sentai and Riders don't interact often, but you know them and you knew they were walking into a trap, at least offer your help.

9185537
Well it's a good thing Axle isn't the main force. Also you can chock it up that at this point he hasn't really fought anyone stronger then your run of a mill Smash. Maybe if he had Sparkaling he's be confident to fight against Ikagen

9185612
I remember something that was far stronger than the run of the middle Smash that he fought but still, ok acceptable. But if that was what you were going for you should have had her asking him if he wanted to help and he should have shifted around the answer and declined. That would have made it more clear.

9186342
yeah its pretty flimsy. next time something like this happen ill be sure to include something about one of his inventions blowing up

9186803
Yeah, that could work. And as long as you improve it next time we all win.

Why did you stop writing this story?

9515235
I put too much pressure on my self to get some chapters done by a sertent time and I snaped. The resulted in me creating a Kamen rider fic where I have been happier writing something more original and not so skatered in focus.

9515340
Umm, is this story cancelled? :fluttershysad:

9524566
I don’t what to. But I rather say indefinitely hiatus. I may return to it someday. I would like to end it, I do see a lot of problems with it ant what I had planned I can still used in my other fix,but I did put so much work into this that I don’t want see it go to waist.

9524586
Me neither. I mean, I'm having a really hard time finding any good Flash Sentry fics that I like. I'd read your Kamen Rider fic, but I have not watched that show in my life, and I think I'm a little too unfamiliar with it to fully appreciate your story.

9524600
I understand that. I do try to make it so it would be easy to get into but it looks like i failed. Like I said I don’t want too see all my work go to waist. If it dose me so much to you I’ll try to get it back up. Eventually

9573937
Your comment needs more likes.

Login or register to comment