• Published 18th May 2017
  • 2,967 Views, 248 Comments

Shining Lucky Stars - Axle the Cobalt Exorcist



9 heros chosen by the stars to start a rebelion to stop the Jark Matter Shogunate from not only conquering Earth but also the univers

  • ...
9
 248
 2,967

Spacer 14; Sandy Planet Showdown

On the ORION, the eleven Kyurangers were all assembled around the main table on the bridge. In the middle of the table was the Pyxis Kyutama that Big Mac, Time Turner, and Sugarcoat had retrieved in their last mission. “There it is Kyurangers. The key to Jark Matter’s defeat,” Shou said as he picked up the yellow orb.

“How is a single Kyutama going to defeat Jark Matter?” Flash asked. Everyone else looked like they were about to ask the same question.

“This Kyutama has the ability to locate anything in the universe. That is the first step to bringing Jark Matter down. But it’s better if you see it for yourself,” Shou explained as he threw the Kyutama to Big Mac. “Big Mac, may you do the honours?”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac said as he placed the Kyutama into his blaster.

PYXIS KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

When he pulled the trigger, a ball of light flew out before it formed into a holographic screen with a image of the stars. After a moment the stars connected together to form an image of a ship with the sails, body, and rear all different colors. “Ok I give up, what are we looking at?” Aria asked after a moment of silence.

“In order they are the Vela, Carina, and Puppis constellations. The three parts of the Argo Navis,” Sugarcoat said as she pointed to the three celestial bodies as she named them.

“Very impressive,” Time Turner said.

“It’s all part of my astronomy classes,” Sugarcoat replied.

“Jeez, how many extracurriculars do you take?” Comet followed.

“Legends says that when the universe is facing its most dire times, The power of three kyutama will unite to summon The Argo. This ship will deliver us to our salvation,” Shou explained as he pointed at the image of the ship. “This will be the weapon that will decide this war.”

Everyone was amazed at this declaration. The room was filled with chatter of how they were finally going to take the offensive against Jark matter. At least until Ditzy spoke up to ask “Um, what will the Argo do exactly?”

“Well ya see, um, I don't know that myself,” Shou answered with a scratch of his head. This caused everyone to facepalm all at the same time. “The legend doesn't say what will happen once we summon The Argo, but if the legend of the Kyurangers were real then so must this one.”

“You’re putting a lot of fate in some random stories ya crazy geezer,” Aria said with scepticism.

“Well we don't have any other plans to stop this war,” Flash spoke up. “Even if this legend isn’t true, at least it’s better than just sitting around and waiting for the next monster attack.”

“Flash is right, we need to go on the attack,” Shady said. After a moment everyone ultimately decided that they might as well try the commander’s plan.

“Thank you Flash,” Shou said as he turned back to the map. “Now then, the Vela Kyutama is just a good a place as any to begin our search. Now we need to form a team that will go while the rest stay here in case there's an attack.”

Everyone agreed and within a few moments the kyuranger had all placed there Kyutama into the Kyulette. After a quick spin, five kyutama came out. “Bulk, Shady, Time Turner, Aria, and myself,” Shou announced.

“Aw yeah, this is a great chance for Shady to get some experience off world,” Bulk said with excitement.

“Are you sure he’s ready?” Sweet Leaf asked.

“Were we ready when we went to another planet?” Bulk asked back.

“Jeez, about time I caught a break,” Flash said as he stretched out his arms.

“Why do you say that?” Sweet Leaf asked.

“Cause I seem to alway end up on the mission teams. I mean I’m happy to protect others but I need a break every now and then,” Flash explained.

“You do know we’re still responsible for defending earth, right?” Sugarcoat pointed out.

“Of course I knew that. It's just nice to not to have been chosen by random to go on a mission,” Flash replied.

“Alright Kyurangers, prepare yourselves, we are departing for the Vela System,” Shou announced.


Standing on a rooftop, Ikagen was looking out over the City of Canterlot. From his jacket he pulled out what remained of his partner Madakko after her last battle with the Kyurangers. “Oh Madakko. Even if you were a hot head, you didn’t deserve to have such a death,” Ikagen said, his voice giving the impression that his crystal skull face was on the verge of tears. “Well that's just how the cookie crumbles I guess,” he said in a much light hearted tone, showing no sense of mourning for his fallen comrade.

The Jark Matter assassin then threw the remains over his shoulder. In the air the fragment started to grow with new tendrils spawning from the exposed flesh. The tendrils then started to bind together till they grew into an exact copy of Madakko. “Ugh, why did you bother reviving me? This is such a drag,” the newly formed Madakko said before she laid down on the ground.

“Your body may have regenerated the same but your personality always changes. Why couldn't you have come back more obedient?” Ikagen said as he shook his head in frustration.

“What was even the point of bringing me back?” Madakko asked in a depressed tone.

“Intelligence say that some of the Kyuranger ships have left this system. They’re planning something and I want to find out what,” Ikagen explained.

“Sounds like you have everything covered without me,” Madakko said as she turned so her back was facing her fellow assassin.

“With their team divided, they will have less reinforcements. This will be our best chance to pick them off one by one,” Ikagen continued as he pulled out a photo from his jacket and threw it in front of Madakko. “And attack them may help in luring them out.”

Madakko turned around to see that the picture what that of Twilight Sparkle and her friends. “Ugh, but I’ll just be destroyed again by the Kyurangers. This is such a drag,” the red alien complained.

“That’s why our top scientist developed a new weapon for you,” Ikagen said as he pulled out a new saber and planted it into the ground. “He says that this one is much stronger then your morningstar.”

“Uh fine, I’ll lure out and destroy the Kyurangers,” Madakko said as if she was being forced to do chores. She didn't even bother to pick up her new saber and just decided to drag it behind her, mumbling all the while.

“Hmm, I guess there are some things that won't change with regeneration,” Ikagen said to himself.


On planet Trukuria in the Vela Star System, our five rangers made touchdown. When they saw the planet, it was nothing but an endless desert with no sign of life. “Uhhhhhh its so hot. Why did the kyutama have to be on this stupid dust ball?” Aria complained, not even a minute after they landed.

“Would this help?” Time Turner asked as he offered Aria a blue towel.

Aria took the towel to wipe off the sweat on her face. “Why do you have this on you?” Aria asked as she returned it back to Time Turner.

“Never leave home without one,” Time Turner answered.

“Yes, things may be uncomfortable here, but that won't stop us from completing our mission,” Shou said. He was probably suffering the worst with the heavy clothing he was wearing. “Um Bulk, do you mind hurrying up and using the Pyxis Kyutama to get us on the right path?”

“YEAH!” Bulk yelled as he pulled out the kyutama and placed it into his blaster.

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

Bulk summoned the map that led the group to this planet. At first the holographic screen showed the Vela constellation before zooming in on their location. There was a blinking dot on it which must have been where the Vela kyutama was. “Looks like we need to go that way,” Shady said as he pointed to the west.

“Alright Kyurangers, lets go,” Shou said as he lead the way. “The sooner we get to the kyutama the sooner I can get out of this heat,” the dragon mumbled, trying his best to hide how much he was burning up. As the group followed their map, they didn't notice as one of the sand dunes started to move.


On the ORION, the team was taking it easy. Sweet Leaf was on the couch reading a magazine with Ditzy right next to her eating a basket of muffins she got from work. Big Mac was simply enjoying a drink while watching Flash and Sugarcoat play game of billiards. Flash had a large smile on his face as he was about to win the game. Sugarcoat didn't look worried at all with the same expressionless face she alway wore.

The peace the four were in the middle of was soon interrupted by Comet barging in with a crate full of seemingly random parts. “Hey guys! Check out what I found in storage,” the teen said. The others all gathered around to look at the box of junk.

“Wow Comet, that’s really a thing there,” Ditzy said as she looked over the box of parts, not having the slightest idea what to make of it.

“What is this stuff?” Flash, being the brave one, finally asked.

“There a bunch of robot parts,” Comet answered as he pulled out some kind of circuit board. “But this is what I'm really excited about.”

“What do you mean?” Big Mac asked.

“It’s an AI Brain, way more advanced than anything we have on earth,” Comet explained like a kid that just opened his christmas presents. “Do you guys know what this means?”

“You’re going to try to build a robot,” Sugarcoat answered.

“Uh yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking,” Comet said, disappointed that he wasn't allowed for the big reveal. “I just wish Time Turner was here. I really want to get started on this. But I think I know someone who may be just as skilled,” he said before running out of the room, getting tripped up a bit from running and carrying a heavy box.

“Well glad to see he’s having fun,” Flash said as he and Sugarcoat resumed their game.

“Come on Sugarcoat, the bet is still on. Loser needs to get the drinks.”

“Sounding cocky, are we,” Sugarcoat said as she lined up her shot.

“Why wouldn't I? All I need to do is sink the 8-Ball. You still have two balls left,” Flash pointed out. It also didn’t help that the 8-ball was in between the cue and the ball she needed to hit.

“Oh really,” Sugarcoat said as a grin took over her face. In fact it was the first time ever Flash saw her make any kind of facial expression. When she finally hit the cue ball, she performed a trick shot and the cue ball jumped over the 8-ball and hit one of the striped balls. The one ball hit the another before both rolled into the pocket. The cue ball also bounced back into the 8-ball and hit it into the pocket. This move caused Flash’s jaw to drop. “I’ll take an earl gray with two sugars,” Sugarcoat said as she walked past the dumbfound teen.


The heat was already taking its toll on the rangers. It hadn't been long since their arrival, but the five were already exhausted. Shady had to take off his hoodie and tie it around his waist so he could at least make the journey in his t-shirt. Bulk was nice enough to lend the young boy his hat to shield his head from the sun. Bulk was doing a similar thing by tying his shirt over his head.

Fortunately, once they got over the sand dune they found a set of ruins. Not wanting to continue in the heat Aria, Bulk, and Shady ran to take cover under the only shade for miles. Once under the shadow of the ruins the three teens acted like they had just dived into a pool on a summer’s day. “This is the perfect place to take a break. Sirens weren't met for dry places like this. I feel like a beached whale,” Aria said as she pulled out a water bottle.

“Agreed,” Shou said as he found his own patch of shade.

The only one the heat wasn't affecting was Time Turner, who was examining the ruins. “Fascinating, its clear whoever was responsible for this is long gone,” Time Turner thought out loud.

“What do you mean? Are you saying Jark Matter is responsible for this planet being this way?” Shady asked.

“No, if Jark Matter drained this world’s Planetium there wouldn't be a planet left. From the look of things this was caused by something incredibly powerful,” Time Turner explained. The alien continued to examine the ruins before something came out of the sand. It was a tendril that wrapped around his arm. “Well this is odd WAAAAAAAAAAA!” was all Time Turner could say before whatever was under the sand started to drag him away. The others saw their friend get attacked and ran after him.

Time Turner tried to break free of the tendril but he was having no luck. He soon pulled out his Saiza Blaster and started firing it at the ground. Whatever was pulling him swerved out of the way till one of the shots hit and it let go of him. Once Time Turner stopped rolling the others caught up to him. As Bulk helped him up the creature that had grabbed the alien surfaced. It was humanoid with two tendril-like appendages for arms. Its body was brown and had a bumpy texture to it. Its head was just a large, circular mouth with teeth. “What the heck is that thing?!” Aria asked.

“It’s a Lesser-Worm, a sub-species of Doom Worm. They’re sentient pieces of the main body that have been cut off. Mostly they search for food and protect the main body but its odd. Usually Lesser-Worms travel…” As Time Turner was explaining, he was interrupted by more Lesser-Worms popping up from under the sand. “In groups,” Time Turner finished.

“And the big guy over there?” Bulk asked as he pointed out something behind them. It was a creature much larger than the Lesser-Worms but looked similar to them. This one had one arm with a proper hand with five digits at the end as with the other one being a tendril. It also had its large mouth on its torso with its head more outstretched with a glowing green eye in the middle. It also had two more worm mouths on its shoulders.

“That is a Greater-Worm, the Lesser-Worms’ boss,” Time Turner answered.

“They have us surrounded and I don't think we can talk our way out of this,” Shady pointed out.

“It looks like we’re going to need to fight our way out if we don't what to be their next meal,” Shou said as he pulled out his Kyutama. The others followed before all five placed the orbs into their transformation devices.

LIBRA KYUTAMA!”

“TAURUS KYUTAMA!”

DORADO KYUTAMA!”

DRACO KYUTAMA!”

URSA MINOR KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA CHANGE!”

“Star Change!” Time Turner, Bulk, Aria, and Shady all yelled as they pointed there blasters to the ground.

“Eye of the Dragon!” Shou followed as he slammed his cane on the ground. The constructs of their constellations appeared before the rangers before they passed over them to transform them into their ranger forms. “We are the saviors of the universe!” the Commander announced.

“Uchuu Sentai, Kyuranger!” everyone yelled as they pulled out their weapons.

“Now then, let’s get this show on the road,” Draco Commander said as he transformed his cane into its rival mode. “Time Turner, assist me in laying cover fire.”

“You got it,” Gold said as he ran up next to the commander. With his crossbow, the ranger opened fire on the hoard of Lesser-Worms. The Commander joined by firing at the worms behind Gold.

Three of the Lesser-Worms attacked by extending their limbs at the three other rangers. Yellow and Sky Blue jumped out of the way of the attack while Black held up his arm to block it. A tendril wrapped around his arm but when the worm tried to pull him back, the ranger didn't move an inch. “You guys really need to hit the gym,” Black said as he raised his axe before bringing it down on the tendril. “Your arms are nothing but noodles.”

The loss of its limb didn't seem to to affect the Lesser-Worm as it was able to grow a new one in a matter of seconds. “Looks like you need to stop these things before they have a chance to regenerate,” Gold pointed out.

“I’m going after the big guy,” Yellow said as she threw up her dagger before catching it in an underhand grip.

“I’ll help,” Sky Blue said behind the older ranger.

“Just cause you're a brat doesn't mean I expect you to not pull your own weight,” Yellow said before running full speed at the Greater-Worm. The Greater-Worm launched an attack with its whip-like arm but Yellow jumped out of the way, cutting it up as she went. Once she was close enough, the ranger performed a downward slash with her blade. Acting quickly, the Greater-Worm dug underground and avoided the attack. “Hey, get back here, fish bait!” Yellow yelled.

“Don’t worry, I can get it back top side,” Sky Blue said as he placed his other Kyutama into his blaster.

URSA MAJOR KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

The young ranger pulled the trigger and soon grew into his giant form. Sky Blue saw the mound of sand moving and chased after it. Once he caught up, the giant ranger punched the ground and grabbed the Greater-Worm by the leg. The worm fought back but Sky Blue was able to pull it out. Unfortunately the force of him pulling it out cause the ranger to fall on the ground.

“Hey, watch where you land ya brat,” Yellow said as she was hit by a blast of sand of from the impact.

“Hehe sorry about that Aria,” Sky Blue responded as he shrank back to normal size.

While the two continued to keep the Greater-Worm busy, Black was battling several more of the Lesser-Worms on his own, pointing his horns forward and beginning to charge. The group of worms tried to stop him but the ranger proved to be too strong. Black’s attack ended with him managing to pin one of the worms down. He quickly got back up before grabbing the Lesser-Worm by the arm and starting to swing it around, hitting any of its comrades that were nearby. “YEAH!” the black ranger yelled before throwing the worm out into the distance.

Gold and Draco Commander continued to fire at the group of Lesser-Worms and their shots seemed to be able to keep them down. Between their blasts and Black’s fighting, the rangers were able to take care of the group of Lesser-Worms. “We have them on the ropes,” Gold said.

“Think you can take care of things while I help with the Greater-Worm?” the Commander asked. Gold responded with a thumbs up before Ryu Commander ran over to the others. Yellow threw her dagger forward to perform a slash but the worm moved out of the way. Sky Blue kept on the pressure by firing his blaster at it. This gave yellow the opening she needed to perform a kick and cause the worm to stumble back. When the worm got up, he used to opportunity to go back underground. “Where did it go?” the Commander asked.

“I don't know,” Sky Blue answered as he looked around. Unlike the last time there was no mound of moving sand to give away the worm’s movements. Not knowing what else to do, the young ranger started to fire at the sand.

“What are you thinking ya brat?” Yellow complained as sand went flying on all over the place.

“I’m trying to hit the worm,” Sky Blue answered.

“You’re not going to hit it firing it randomly. If we can’t see it’s movements on the surface, that means its down too deep for your blasts to be effective,” the Commander said as he put his hand on the boy’s shoulder. “Plus, we didn’t come to this planet to hunt down worms.”

“I guess your right,” Sky Blue said as he was overcome by feelings of sadness and anger at the fact that he couldn't be a bigger help. He started to mope a little till a new feeling came over him. The feeling that he was sinking, quite literally. Looking down he saw that the sand was beginning to swallow him as well as Yellow and the Commander. “What's going on?”

“It’s the Greater-Worm,” Gold answered as he and Black ran up to them before Gold stopped Black getting too close. “It turning the area into one big sink hole.”

“Dang it I’m stuck,” Yellow said as she tried to lift her legs out, but unfortunately her legs were already buried too far down.

“Don't struggle, it will make you sink faster,” Gold warned. The ranger didn't know what to do to stop his comrades from sinking into the earth. He didn’t have any kind of rope and there was no way of getting close without getting trapped as well. “Have any idea to help, Bulk?” he turned around and asked.

Before Gold knew it the black ranger ran full speed towards his friends in need. Once he entered the area of the sinkhole, his started to sink immediately. The amount of heavy muscle the young man had didn’t make things any easier but using all his strength, Black was able to make it to Yellow and Sky Blue. “I’m sorry guys, but it’s better if we only lose two rather then three,” Black said before picking up the two ranger and throwing them towards the gold ranger.

“Bulk!” Sky Blue yelled as he watch Black and the Commander sink completely into the sand.

“Don’t worry, we’ll find a way out of this. You guys just focus on the mission,” the Commander said as he and Black were completely submerged in the sand. The three remaining rangers stared at the empty sand pit for a moment before they transformed back into their normal forms.

Shady was silent for a moment turning back to Aria and Time Turner. “We need to go after them,” the young boy said.

“No way shorty. We came here to hunt a kyutama, not fight crazy space worms. This is the first time I’m going to say it but I’m going to do what the geezer said,” Aria said.

“But we can’t leave our friends behind underground,” Shady argued.

Aria and Shady went back and forth till Time Turner interrupted. “We may be able to do both,” the alien said as he pulled up the Pyxis Kyutama’s map. “It looks like wherever those two are going it's the same place as the Vela Kyutama.”

“So the kyutama is with the Doom Worms’ main body?’ Aria asked.

“That is a very sound theory Aria,” Time Turner replied as he turned to the direction on the map.


“Flash, your order is ready,” Mr. Cake said as he placed the drinks on the counter. Flash gave the business owner a smile as he paid for the drinks. With the box of drinks in hand, the teen turned around and started to walk out. However he only got half way through the cafe before the door opened to let Twilight and her friends in.

“...And by the end of the whole thing my hair was all over the place, I was freaking out, the cat was having a panic attack, and I still had half a pie left,” Pinkie said as she finished was was probably a very strange story.

“Well at least you got out in one piece,” Rarity replied, not sure what to make of the series of events her friend just portrayed. The young woman then turned to see Flash walking towards the group.

“Hey Flash, what brings you here? Getting drinks for everyone?” Fluttershy asked with a wave of her hand and a welcoming smile.

“Yeah, I was the one that lost the bet,” Flash answered with a chipper grin.

“Hehe, you’re hopeless Flash,” Rainbow said with a friendly chuckle.

“Yeah but I lost to an amazing trick shot that I am proud to have lost to,” Flash said as he tried to own his defeat from Sugarcoat. He even joined in Rainbow’s laughter. “So is it just the same old same old for you girls?”

“Pretty much, no Equestrian magic, no aliens gunning for us. It’s really relaxing,” Sunset answered. “Me and Fluttershy actually had time to focus on our Let’s Play channel. Today we’re going to complete Giri-Giri Chambara,” she said before giving a smile to Fluttershy.

“Well that sounds fun and I'd love to join you girls for a drink but…” Flash was soon cut off by a large explosion a few blocks away. “I better get going,” he said before he ran off.

“Flash, you better not be going towards that,” Twilight said but Flash didn’t hear anything.

“Don't worry Twilight, Flash wouldn't be that dumb to charge into danger like that,” Sunset assured her friend as Flash ran to cover.

Flash ran right towards the back of the cafe and set the box of drinks down. Once he saw he was alone he pulled out his red kyutama and placed in into his Saiza Blaster.

LEO KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA CHANGE!”

“Star Change!” Flash yelled before pulling the trigger on his Blaster. It only took a moment for the teen to transform into Leo Red. Ready for battle the ranger ran over to the sight of the explosion but froze when he saw the cause of the destruction.

“Uh come out Kyuranger, I don't want to be out longer then I have to,” Madakko said as she lazily walked down the road. She was firing her blaster randomly, not giving a thought as to where the shots were going. “Finally, waiting for one of you to show up is such a drag,” the assassin said as she saw Red.

“Madakko!? But we all saw Shou blast you into nothing. How are you alive?” the ranger asked.

“Uhhhh I thought I already told you, my regenerative abilities are unmatched by anyone in the universe. This is such a drag,” Madakko complained.

“Well I guess that explains why you seem a bit… out of it,” Red said as he pulled out his sword. “Ok you can come back from the dead. That doesn't mean I’m going to stand around and let you wreck the place,” the ranger declared as he ran towards the alien.

Though Madakko was disinterested in this fight, she saw Red’s attack and threw her blaster away so she could pull out her new saber. She held up the sword so that it would clash with Red’s sword. Red pulled back to continue the attack which Madakko continued to block. “This is such a drag, just give up and let me destroy you,” she said as she broke away from her opponent.

“Why would I let you destroy me!?” Red said as he thrusted his sword forward and managed to get a hit in on the alien. Madakko doubled over in pain as she grabbed her shoulder showing that she wasn’t too aloof to pain. She responded to this attack by pointing her saber forward.

“What in tarnation is going on here!?” a familiar voice yelled. Red turned around to see Applejack and Rainbow Dash, suited up and ready to fight.

“Girls! You need to get out of here. She’s stronger than all the other monsters,” Red warned the two. Madakko saw the ranger’s concern for the girls and pointed her blade at them. Red was so distracted on the girls’ safety that he didn't see the blade launched from the hilt, connected to a cable and flying right towards them. Red saw this and acted quickly to run and intersect the blade. The ranger held up his sword and deflected the sword.

“Wow, you really saved our bacon there,” Rainbow said.

Red held strong in his defence but it didn't matter to Madakko. She swung the hilt up before swinging it horizontally with the detached blade following the motion. This threw Red off guard enough to allow the blade to slash him across the chest. Sparks flew as the ranger was flung back.

“Oh man, Big Red wasn't kidding,” Rainbow said as he looked towards Applejack.

“Yeah but we got to hold out,” Applejack said as she walked over to a street sign. Using her magical super strength, the young woman pulled it out from the street and started to spin it around like a bow staff. “The others are busy with helping the civilians.”

“I know, I just hope we're not getting in over our heads with her,” Rainbow said as she started to stretch out her legs.

“Oh don't tell me ‘The Awesome Rainbow Dash’ has finally stopped being reckless,” Applejack teased.

“Come on AJ, you know I never disappoint,” Rainbow said as she ran straight towards Madakko at blinding speed. Once she was close she unleashed a flurry of super-speed powered punches. She was so fast that she was able to get Madakko off guard, leaving an opening for Applejack. Applejack was more than happy to take advantage of this opening by jumping up and slamming the sign down onto the alien. Madakko jumped out of the way at the last minute, leaving Applejack’s attack to hit the ground and making a crater.

“This is such a drag, first the red ranger now you two,” Madakko complained as her blade returned to its original spot. Soon all the yellow orbs on her body began to glow. “I guess I’ll just destroy you first, then the ranger,” she said she launched the orbs.

“Heads up!” Rainbow yelled as she grabbed Applejack’s arm and went running. With her speed, Rainbow Dash was able to get onto the other side of Madakko. Unfortunately the flying orbs had changed direction and were homing onto them. Rainbow ran away again, but the projectiles kept following.

“It’s no use Dash, ya not gonna lose ‘em,” Applejack said. The two raised their arms to try and defend from the attack. They faced the attack head on but were surprised to see that the orbs went flying in all directions. “What the heck happened?”

“Uh, is this some kind of new power you have?” Madakko asked, surprisingly not upset that her attack failed. The two girls just struggled before sparks went flying off of Madakko’s armor and she fell back. Soon the cause of this event appeared in the form of Chameleon Green becoming visible with her saber in hand.

“Are you two ok?” the green ranger asked.

“Yeah, But I got to ask, where you here the whole time?” Rainbow asked.

“No, I just got here. Being invisible was the only chance to get a hit in,” Green answered as she ran over to her fallen teammate. “Oh man, he is in pretty bad shape,” Green said as she examined the red ranger.

“Well he did take a blade to the chest protecting us,” Applejack said.

“Girls!” Twilight’s voice said, grabbing the attention of the three. They turned to not only see Twilight but the other five girls coming around the corner.

“Whoo wee, the calvary is here,” Applejack cheered.

“That’s good, that means you girls can keep her busy while I get Red here some help,” Green said as she picked up the downed ranger.

“You can count on us,” Rainbow said as she took a fighting stance. Green nodded as she pulled out a pinkish-red Kyutama. She spun the outer layer to form the image of a rabbit before placing it into her blaster.

LEPUS KYUTAMA!”

The green ranger pulled the trigger and the rabbit constellation appeared. The construct passed over her body as her legs began to glow with energy. Giving the girls one last look, the green ranger jumped high into the air and out of sight.

With the wounded fighter out of harm’s way, the seven girls turned their attention onto Madakko. “Alright, it’s now time for you to pay for your crimes,” Sunset announced. However Madakko wasn't paying attention as she started to walk away. “Hey! Where are you going?”

“The rangers are gone there's no point in me staying here. I mean I could destroy you all at once but that's too much trouble I don't want to go through,” Madakko said before she let out an ink cloud and disappeared. The seven girls were mildly confused, but they were grateful that they didn't have to square off with a powerful monster.

Meanwhile on the rooftop, Chameleon Green had set the red ranger down to examine him more. A moment after, the transformation timed out and Flash was back into his civilian form. “Its impressive you were able to not transform back to normal right when the blade cut you,” Green said.

“Yeah, I even surprise myself sometimes,” Flash said, forcing a smile. He looked pretty worse for wear without his armor.

“This is no time for levity Flash. Your suit took the bulk of the blow, but the wounds are still too serious for my first aid skills. I'm going to need to get you to a real doctor,” Green said as she lifted Flash up again. It was at this point Green realized Flash had just passed out from the pain. “Hang in there Flash.”


Time Turner, Aria, and Shady followed the map and were soon right on top of where the marker said the Vela Kyutama was. Once they got there, the group saw nothing but the same sandy landscape they’ve seen since they got to the planet. “Ok weirdo, where’s the dang kyutama cause all I see as just more sand,” Aria complained as she kicked up sand.

“Well it’s most likely in an underground cavern with the Doom Worm’s main body and our fallen comrades. We just need a way in,” Time Turner explained.

“Why don't we start digging then?” Shady asked. He then started to dig with his hands in a random spot.

"That's a good effort but we have too large of an area to cover and not a lot of time to save our friends," Time Turner told the young boy.

"So what do we do Do- AAAHHHH!" Aria started before she was cut off.

"Aria?" Time Turner asked as he turn to see that Aria had disappeared.

"Was she attacked?" Shady followed as he and Time Turner ran over to the last place.

The alien looked around before a smile come over his face. "No, I think she just found a way into the cavern," Time Turner said as he brought attention to a spot where the sand was moving.

Meanwhile underground, Aria had just got up from falling through the sand. "Ok it's official, I hate this planet," she mumbled as she continued to dust the sand off of her. After that she took stock of where she landed, which was hard because is was just a dark cavern. It wasn't long before she heard a loud noise and put up her guard. "Who's there?" she asked as she readied her blaster.

"Aria it's us," Shady's voice said.

"FORNAX KYUTAMA!"

"SAI ZA ATTACK!"

The construct of an oven appeared in front of Aria before a camp fire was suddenly lit. With the light of the flames the former siren was able to see Time Turner and Shady. “Nice work finding the cavern," Time Turner said.

"Yes, it was so worth almost breaking my neck," Aria said with a sarcastic tone. Out of nowhere the whole cavern started to shake.

"I think that's a sign we need to hurry up and find Bulk and Shou," Time Turner said as he picked up a torch from the fire. With a proper light the three ventured forth into the domain of the Doom Worm.

Winding through the maze of tunnels, it wasn't long before Rangers turned the corner and found the Greater-Worm. Before the three were spotted they ran back and clung to the wall. Though the tunnel wasn’t well lit, Shady was able to see that there were two Lesser-Worms carrying their fellow Rangers. "We've found them. I say we hit them before they find us," the young man whispered.

"That would be great if we weren't on their turf," Aria replied. "So weirdo, do you know anything we can use against them?"

"Well the Doom-Worm hate wet areas, hence why a planet like this is the ideal place for them. If we use this to flood the cave it could force them back to the surface," Time Turner explained as he pulled out a blue Kyutama. After a moment of thinking of a proper plan, the alien handed the Kyutama to Shady. "Shady, Aria and I will free Bulk and Shou from the Lesser-Worms. Once we do you will be the one to flood the cave."

Shady took the Kyutama and looked at it for a moment. He peeked around the corner to see his friend captured again. The idea that his friends were in need reassured the young man that he could do what was needed of him. "Alright, I can do this," Shady said.

"Alrighty them," Time Turner said as he placed his Kyutama into his blaster and transformed into his Kyuranger form. Shady and Aria followed with their own transformation. "Vamanos!" the gold ranger said as he and yellow ran towards the worms.

The Lesser-Worms didn't notice the two Rangers till they both attacked them from behind. The sneak attack caused the worms to drop their captives. "Quick, transform," Gold told Bulk and Shou.

"Right," the two of them said as they quickly transformed into Taurus Black and Draco Commander.

"Hit it Brat!" Yellow followed.

"Right," Sky Blue said as he held up the blue Kyutama with the image of a jug with water on it. He then pushed it into his blaster and pushed it back.

"AQUARIUS KYUTAMA!"

"SAI ZA ATTACK!

Once the young ranger pulled the trigger, a huge stream of water filled the tunnel. The Greater-Worm saw the flood and panicked. It jumped to the ceiling and started to dig with the Lesser-Worms being swamped away by the current. The Kyurangers’ suits allowed them to survive under the water as they followed the Greater-Worm out of the tunnel.

On the surface, the Greater-Worm jumped out of the sand, happy to not be with all the water. Unfortunately the Kyurangers weren’t too far behind and its reinforcements had literally been washed away.

"Well, well, well, look who can't swim," Yellow said as she and the others climbed out of the hole. "That was actually kinda refreshing."

"Ya know I don't like the dirty trick you pulled. Pulling us under the sand like that," Black said a he cracked his knuckles.

"I wholeheartedly agree," the Commander followed, holding his cane like a sword.

"One less Greater-Worm means one less that will stand between us and the Vela Kyutama," Gold said.

"So let's take out this guy," Sky Blue announced as the ranger charged at the worm.

The worm soon regained its composure as it swung its long whip-like arm at the rangers. Gold and Black ducked under it while the rest jumped out of the way. The Commander got up close before delivering several slashes to the monster. He then moved out of the way for Gold and Yellow to fire their blasters at it, which caused it to stumble back.

“YEAH!” Black yelled he charged to deliver a punch to the worm. The worm saw him coming and swung its arm, hitting the ranger to the ground.

However the worm was so distracted by Black that it didn't see Sky Blue sneak up from behind. The young ranger jumped onto the monster and started to whack him repeatedly over the head. After a few punches the boy jumped off to allow the worm to see Black recover to punch the monster, this time without a chance to counter. The punch connected and sent the worm flying.

“I think we toyed with it long enough,” the Commander said as he put his cane into its rifle mode.

“Indeed,” Gold said as he and Yellow took their positions with their Saiza Blasters.

“YEAH!” Black yelled as he and Sky Blue did the same. The commander opened and closed the dragon’s head on his cane while the other four pushed the kyutama back on their blasters.

“GALAXY!!!”

Energy built up within the blasters as they aimed at the recovering Doom-Worm. “Shooting-Star Crush!” everyone yelled as they pulled the trigger and sent the orbs flying towards the monster. The five orbs hit and the monster exploded into a huge fireball. “Kyurangers, victory is ours,” the Commander said as he spun his cane in the air before planting it in the ground.

However their victory was short-lived as the ground started to shake. Off in the distance a huge hole opened up in the ground, consuming a large amount of sand. Coming out of the holes were several heads that looked like alien earthworms. The earthworms dived in and out of the sand in what looked like a range of moments.

“What the heck is that?” Yellow asked in the event of the worms surfacing.

“The Worms’ main body. It must have been linked to that Greater-Worm to it psychically . When we destroyed it it must have been enough pain to cause it to go on a rampage,” Gold explained.

“That's not good,” Sky Blue said.

“Maybe it's a blessing in disguise,” the violet ranger said as Bulk brought up the Pyxis map. “It looks like the Kyutama is inside that beast.”

“So we have an excuse to beat on this thing. Then I can get off this forsaken planet and find a bath,” Yellow said as she as well as Gold and the Commander summoned their Voyagers.

“SAI ZA GO!”

The giant kyutama surrounded them before they floated into the air and docked into their ships. The Voyagers wasted no time fighting the worm and the Libra Voyager transformed into its robot mode. It stood under an arch the Doom-Worm’s body formed as the robot launched both its arms attached by cables. The shields it held started spinning like buzzsaws and cut into the creator's flesh.

The yellow swordfish ship avoided the worm’s mouth that tried to eat it whole. The ranger turned around before performing a corkscrew maneuver and slashing at the beast. The Draco Voyager faced the worm head on before unleashing a massive blast of fire.

Sky Blue saw the amazing battle but realized there was someone missing. He turned to see Black still watching the same battle he was watching. “Aren't you going to fight too?” he asked.

“Oh I’m just waiting on you. First time flying a voyager is an experiment all on it own,” Black said with a smirk. Sky Blue looked at his blaster and pushed his kyutama to the side.

“SAI ZA GO!”

URSA VOYAGER!”

A light blue portal opened and a ship flew out. It was a three-wheeled bear-themed vehicle. Riding on top of the vehicle was what looked to be a smaller robotic looking bear. The giant kyutama formed around Sky Blue and docked into the voyager’s back. Black soon followed as his voyager followed close behind. The two ships charged forward before smashing into the Doom-Worm’s body. “I can't believe I’m actually piloting a spaceship. It's like this thing is guiding me as to how to fly it.” Sky Blue said.

“I know the feeling bro,” Black followed. The two ships then flew out of the way as the Draco Voyager flew by and performed a huge bite on the body.

“Bulk, Shady, let’s combine powers to finish this thing off,” the Commander said. The two agreed and the violet ranger opened and closed the dragon’s head twice.

“SAI ZA DOCKING!”

The Kyutama held in the dragon’s claws detached from the cockpit before it docking onto the port. The golden helmet detached as well as the head and tail formed legs. A new port for a Kyutama appeared in the body’s chest and two more on the shoulders. The giant violet Kyutama docked into the chest while Black and Sky Blue formed the arms. The robots head unfolded to reveal a face with a red visor that the dragon’s golden helmet was placed onto.

RYUTEI-OH!

“Not just a dragon, but one with style!” Draco Commander said as he pushed the controls forward. The robot punched the worm with the horns of the Taurus Voyager. This caught the creature’s attention as it wrapped part of its body around the sky blue arm.

The young ranger pushed his controls to try and pull away but the worm was too strong. As he was struggling the ranger noticed a button on his console. “Maybe this will help,” Sky Blue said as he pressed the button. The smaller bear that rode on top of the Voyager launch forward to show that it was really a one-wheeled bear drone.

URSA MINOR VOYAGER!”

Spikes popped out of the wheel of the drone as it landed onto the worm. The drone then sped down the length of the creature, which caused it to let go.

“Nice move little bro. Now lets see how the big guy likes a drink,” Black said as he pulled out the Aquarius Kyutama.

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

The black kyutama on RyuTei-Oh’s sholder turned blue as water be began to form around the bull’s horns. The robot then punched the ground, causing several geysers to erupt from the ground. The water definitely caused the Doom-Worm some damage.

“Kyurangers, time to end this,” the Commander said. The other two agreed as they activated their final attack.

“GALAXY!”

Energy began to flow from the three kyutama into the Ursa Voyager. RyuTei-oh threw it’s fist forward to send a blast of energy towards the monster. The attack hit one of the worm’s heads, causing the energy to surge through its body before causing a massive explosion. “YEAH!” Black yelled to celebrate their victory.

“Over there,” Gold yelled as his sensors picked up the Vela Kyutama flying out of the monster. The gold robot ran to catch the kytama, but was blasted out of nowhere. This took everyone by surprise as a blue blur flew past them to take the kyutama.

When the blur stopped it was revealed that it was Ikagen who looked over the kyutama. “So this is what you were after,” the assassin said.

“Hey, give that back,” Yellow demanded as she opened fire on the alien.

“Not a chance,” Ikagen replied as he jumped away from the rangers.

“All that work for nothing,” Sky Blue said as he slammed his fist on his controles.

“That guy better hope I don’t see him again,” Yellow said.


Flash woke up feeling absolutely terrible. What didn’t help was that he woke up in an unfamiliar place. Looking around he saw that it was some kind of doctor’s office. He also noticed that his chest and head were bandaged up. After a moment he saw a familiar face in Sweet Leaf, who was sitting next to him with a book. “Oh, you’re up,” Sweet Leaf said as she saw her friend awake.

“Uh, where am I?” Flash asked.

“Oh well I brought you to…” Sweet Leaf started before she was interrupted by the door opening.

The door was opened by an older man with yellow skin and shaggy dark-blue hair with a bit of matching chin hair. He was dressed in a rather loose fitting band T-shirt with board shorts and sandals. What was out of place on this man was the fact that he was wearing a lab coat and a stethoscope. “Did you say he was awake?” the man asked.

“Yeah I did, Dad,” Sweet Leaf said as she stood and made her way to a nearby desk with an electric kettle and turned it on.

“So that’s your dad?” Flash asked as the man took several containers off a shelf.

“Eeyup, name’s Tea Leaf. Always a pleasure to meet my daughter’s friends,” the man said.

“Yeah, my dad here was the one to treat you,” Sweet Leaf added.

“Wait, your dad treated me so does that mean..” Flash started to ask before Tea Leaf rolled over him and start to examine him.

“Don’t worry, despite how I look I have a real medical licence. I mean I’d need one to open my own medical clinic,” Tea Leaf said as he shined a light into Flash’s eye. “I do believe in herbal remedies but they’re no replacement for proper medicine.”

Sweet Leaf poured the hot water into a tea steeper with dried leaves. After a few minutes she brought the cup to her dad. “Thanks Sweetie,” Tea Leaf said as he took the cup. “Now this may taste awful but it will help in your recovery. I do try to incorporate the natural ways into my practice.”

Flash took a sip and immediately reeled back in disgust. The tea tasted like boiled dirt mixed with burnt grass. “Yeah there's no way of getting around the flavor. Just stay here and get some rest. I have some other things I need to take care of,” the doctor said before leaving the room.

Once he left Flash placed the cup of tea down and looked at his friend. “Wow I’d never guess your dad was a real doctor. Well maybe a plant doctor,” Flash said.

“Hehe I don't blame you. He may not look it but he takes his work very seriously. He’s the one that makes me want to be a Doctor as well,” Sweet Leaf said with a smile.

“I never knew that's what you wanted to do,” Flash said, returning the smile.

“Yeah, people can surprise you. You probably assumed that I was going to open a flower shop or something,” Sweet Leaf said with a chuckle. There was a silence between the two before Sweet Leaf finally spoke up. “Flash I really don’t want to be the one who says this, but I don't think you're taking this Kyuranger thing as seriously as you should.”

That comment took Flash by surprise. “What do you mean I'm not taking this seriously?” he asked.

“You have the heart to save people, and that's great. But you don't really train that much in combat. I mean Bulk is on the wrestling team, Aria knows Tiquando, Big Mac is a ranked boxer, Ditzy has been working with the archery club to help with her accuracy, even I’m practicing with the fencing team,” Sweet Leaf said.

“So what you're saying is that I should work on my combat skills,” Flash said as he flopped onto the bed.

“I’m saying swinging your sword the same way they do in the movies won't get you very far. You need to train if you don't want what happened today to happen again,” Sweet Leaf said

before she took the tea and handed it back to Flash. “Now finish your tea, doctor’s orders.”

Flash rolled her eyes before taking the cup and taking a huge swig of the awful tea.


Comet was carrying his box of parts down the streets till he eventually got to a store front. He tried his best to reach over and knock on the door. “Hey, can I get some help here. I have a huge box of parts!” Comet yelled.

There was loud noises coming out of the store before the door opened. It was the Kyurangers’ fellow monster fighter Axle. The teen’s eyes were covered by his goggles with a blowtorch in one hand and a lamp in the other. “Oh hey Comet, here to drop off your scrap?” the rider asked.

“No,” Comet answered with a large smile. “Want to build a robot?”

Axle was silent for a moment be for he threw the lamp back into the shop. “Heck yeah I want to build a robot,” he answered.

“Axle what did I say about breaking the good junk!” Old Dog’s voice yelled from the back of the shop.

To be Continued

Author's Note:

sorry about he delay on this one. hope you guys like it and as always pleas leave a comment.

editing is brought to you by the lovely Sunflower1414

also shining lucky stars will now be available on fanfiction .net https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12982894/1/Shining-Lucky-Stars