• Published 18th May 2017
  • 2,973 Views, 248 Comments

Shining Lucky Stars - Axle the Cobalt Exorcist



9 heros chosen by the stars to start a rebelion to stop the Jark Matter Shogunate from not only conquering Earth but also the univers

  • ...
9
 248
 2,973

Space 9: Build Up (part 1)

Lady Luck is a fickle woman. One day she's on your side and everything is going great. The next, she makes your car break down on the side of the road. This was the situation Flash was in as his car was smoking on the side of the road. "Just my luck," Flash said as he hit on the steering wheel. After a moment Flash got out of his car to get a face full of smoke that caused him to cough.

Flash just looked at his car not knowing what to do, till the nose of a loud engine filled the air. He turned around to see a person riding a motorcycle coming down the street. As the bike got closer Flash saw that the person wasn't riding a normal bike. It had a huge gear on the front, a mostly red and black body, and a large yellow cylinder on the back. There was a logo on the bike Flash didn't recognize that looked like an S inside of a gear. The bike then stopped once it made it to the broken down car.

"Hey need some help there?" the rider asked in a friendly voice. He got of the bike and took off his helmet to reveal a huge mass of messy black hair and allow him to push his goggles up to his forehead. His skin was gray and he was dressed in what looked to be a blue happi with a flower print and a cyan belt around his waist. The weird thing about the happi was that the sleeves were uneven with only one going all the way down to his wrist. He also had black pants and high top sneakers in two different colors, one red and the other blue.

"Yeah just some car troubles. I think I'll just call a tow truck," Flash said as he pulled out his phone. "Only bad thing is that I'm going to be really late for school."

"Pop the hood," the boy said.

Flash looked at him curiously. "That's not necessary, I don't want to bother you," he replied.

"It's no problem at all. I'm really good with machines so I can have this done in no time," the boy said as he pulled out a ratchet from his happi. Flash didn't know what to do, but figured having this strange rider try to help is better than nothing. He got into his car and did what the boy said, opened the hood. The boy went right to work on the engine. Sounds of metal banging and and tools rattling filled the air. After a few minutes the noises stopped and the boy slammed the hood shut. "Ok, start it up," the boy said.

Flash put his keys into the ignition and the engine started up properly. "Wow, this is awesome. Now I won't be late for class. Thanks um, what’s your name?" Flash asked as he got out of the car.

"Name's Axle, and it was my pleasure," the boy answered with a smile. Axle then held up his hand for a hi-five, which Flash gladly partook in. "I'm guessing you go to Canterlot High too, Right?" Axle asked.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you around though, are you new?" Flash asked.

"Eeyup, I just started classes a few days ago," Axle answered as he crossed his arms.

"Well hope to see you around," Flash said.

Axle went back to his bike and picked up his helmet. "Same here," he said as he lowered his goggles and put on his helmet. Once he was ready he started the motorcycle and drove on ahead.

Flash waved goodbye before turning to his car. As he opened the car door he noticed a black rectangle on the hood of his car. He picked it up to find it was a wallet. After opening it he found Axle's Student ID in it. "Oh man, hey Axle!" Flash yelled, but the motorcycle was already too far away. "I guess I'll just have to find that guy at school," he said as he got into his car and made his way to school.


On the stairs of Canterlot High, Sunset Shimmer was watching the statues at the front of the school. On her lap was a brown tome with the girl's signature, a red and yellow sun symbol. She was sitting there for quite a while with nothing of note happening. She then let out a sigh as she leaned back and closed her eyes. "Jeez this is so boring," she said, annoyed.

"Hey Sunset, how's it going?" a voice asked. Sunset opened her eyes to see a girl with cream skin and hair that was half pink and half navy blue in a white dress.

"Hey Bon-Bon. It's going alright I guess," Sunset said, making no effort get up.

"Um why are you hanging out here all alone?" Bon-Bon asked.

Sunset sat up as she held up the brown book. "I got a message from Princess Twilight. She told me I should keep an eye on the portal in case something weird happened."

"Weird how?" You need to be more specific around here. Weird in a magic way, weird in an alien way, or weird in whatever other way?" Bon-Bon asked as she placed her hand on her hips.

"Weird in a magic way," Sunset answered. "I've been sitting here all morning and nothing happened."

"Hmm, think that might have something to do with Lyra going missing?" Bon-Bon asked as she sat down a few steps above Sunset. "She hasn't answered any of my texts. We always text before getting to school. She wasn't even around when I got here."

"Hmm, that is weird. Even if Lyra was sick she'd at least tell you. She’s your best friend after all," Sunset said as she turned to the other girl. "But I don't think the two are concerned."

"Well I'm going to have to take your word on that. I worry about her always getting into trouble," Bon-Bon said.

"Yeah well Lyra can take care of herself, so I wouldn't worry too much," Sunset said. As she looked back at the statue the bell rang for class. "Crud."

"Looks like your stakeout is going to need to wait till lunch," Bon-Bon said.

"Yeah I guess so," Sunset agreed as she got up and walked up the stairs.

As she walked away the portal started to act up. It was hard to see from far away, but white smoke started to creep out of the reflective surface. "This shall be a great world to regain my strength. Then once I'm at full power I will return to Equestria and claim it as my own," a voice said.


When the end of classes came around, Flash went looking for the boy he met on the side of the road. Sweet Leaf and Ditzy had joined in his search. "Um Flash, are you sure this guy goes to our school? I never heard of a guy named Axle and you said you couldn't find his bike in the parking lot," Ditzy asked.

"Yeah, I really have no clue what could have happened to that bike, it really stood out. But he has a student ID so he has to go to this school," Flash answered.

"You said he's good with machines, maybe he's in the workshop," Sweet Leaf said. As the three tried to figure out where the owner of the wallet Flash held could be, another student ran past them. "Hey where's the fire?" Sweet Leaf asked the student.

"There's a monster attack over on the sports field," the student answered. This caught the three's attention and without saying a word they started running. "Hey where are you going?" the student asked.

"We’re going to warn everyone about it," Flash said as they turned the corner.

"Oh, good idea," the student said as he ran the other way.


The three rangers ran up to the scene to find the monster the student was talking about. It was mostly clad in gun metal armor with eight gun barrels around both its wrists. It's had one red eye with a targeting reticle. The other half of its head was made out of a canon with a rotating drum coming off the side.

"This is strange," Sweet Leaf pointed out.

"Yeah this guy is on its own, no Indavers or anything," Ditzy added.

"As strange as this might be we can't let it roam as it pleases," Flash said as he pulled out his Kyutama. The others followed.

"LEO KYUTAMA!"

"CHAMELEON KYUTAMA!"

"AQUILA KYUTAMA!"

"SAI ZA CHANGE!"

"Star change!" the three yelled before transforming. The monster remained silent as it pointed both its hands at the rangers and opened fire. The three dived out of the way of the bombardment of bullets. Green turned invisible as Red and Pink fired with their Saiza Blasters. The shores pushed the monster back but it quickly resumed firing.

Out of nowhere Green appeared right in front of the monster before performing a kick. When the monster recovered, the piston on the back of its head pulled back before firing a large blast from the canon. Green got out of the way of the blast, but it dug up a position of the field.

"This is very strange, is this thing even a part of Jark Matter?" Red asked.

"No it's not," a familiar voice said. The Rangers turned to see Axle walking up to them. "That's thing is a Smash and it falls under my jurisdiction."

"Jurisdiction, what do you mean by that?" Pink asked.

Axle didn't say a word as he pulled out a strange looking device. It had two slots along with a big gear and a red crank coming off the side. He placed it onto his waist and two yellow straps came out forming a belt. He then pulled out two bottles from his happi: one red with an image of a rabbit and one blue with the image of a tank. He shook both of them in each hand before twisting the tops and placing the bottles into the slots of the belt.

"RABBIT!"

"TANK!"

"BEST MATCH!"

Axle started to turn the crank on the belt as two constructs appeared in front of and behind of the boy. They looked like plastic sprues from a model kit with pieces of armor in red and blue.

"ARE YOU READY!?"

"Henshin!" Axle said as he crossed his arms before throwing them to his sides. The two constructs closed in on his body, encasing the boy in the armor.

"MOONSAULT OF STEEL, [RABBIT-TANK!!!"

"YEAH!!"

The armor Axle now wore was made up of segments of red and blue with black in between. On his left leg was a large spring and his right foot had tank treads. His helmet had two eye plates, one shaped like a rabbit and the other like a tank.

The boy put one hand on his hip, and the other one moved along the barrel of the tank eye plate before performing a flick. "The jumping ability of a rabbit, the power of a tank. This is a winning combo," he said as he posed.

"What are you?" Red as after seeing the boy he was looking for transform before his eyes.

"I am..." the armored figure started as he turned to the Rangers. "Kamen Rider Build."

Before Red could say anything, the rider crouched down causing the spring on his leg to compress. He was then launched into the air before falling back down to repeat. The Smash tried to follow with its wrist guns but was unable to hit the hopping rider. When Build fell to Earth again he landed right onto the monster and forced it to the ground. "Hehe, your not so tough now are ya," Build said as he took a closer look at the Smash.

"Watch out for its head canon," Pink yelled.

"Its what?" Build asked as he turned his head to the ranger. When he looked back he saw the monster aiming its canon. "Oh," he said before jumping back. The Rider managed to avoid the attack by the skin of his teeth when the canon fired. He rolled back in front of the rangers. "This thing is just full of surprises."

"Hey you know how these Smash work, right?" Red asked as he helped the rider up. "If me and Pink distract it can you find a way to defeat it?"

"Um maybe," Build said.

"Ok then," Red said as he ran towards the monster with pink taking flight right behind him. Red pulled out his sword to block the monster’s attack to get close to it. Once he was in range, the Kyuranger pointed his blaster and fired three shots.

The Green ranger ran up the rider. "Do you have any ideas on how to stop it?" she asked.

"Maybe, if we can match its rate of fire," Build said.

"Give me a moment," Green said


"Shou, do you have anything that can perform rapid fire?" Green asked through the ORION's coms.

"I think I have just the thing," Shou said into his cane as he pulled out a yellow Kyutama. He placed the globe near one of the holes on the table and picked up one of the pool cues. He lined up his shot and shot the cue ball into the racked billiard balls. The balls knocked around the table before knocking the Kyutama into the hole.


Green pressed the button on the belt to cause the Kyutama to pop out. She picked it up, spun the glob to form an image of a bow and arrow, and placed it into her blaster.

"SAGITTARIUS KYUTAMA!"

"SAI ZA ATTACK!"

At the same time red and blue pipes came out Build's belt to form into a blaster. It had a diel on the handle and a drill formed the barrel. The Kamen Rider then pulled out a white bottle with the image of a hedgehog on it. After shaking it he placed the bottle into a slot on the blaster.

"READY!? GO!!!"

"VULTIC BREAK!"

Chameleon Green and Build both took aim with their blasters. When Green pulled the trigger, a storm of energy arrows went flying. At the same time Build pulled the trigger to fire a blast of white spikes. The Smash saw this and started to fire at the attack. A few of the projectiles were deflected by the bullets but most hit their target on the monster’s arm. The gun on the monster's wrist guns stopped rotating with spikes and arrows wedged between the mechanisms.

"We did it, we jammed the firing mechanisms," Build said with excitement. Unfortunately the Smash raised its other arm and started firing at the two. "Oh yeah, he had another gun," he said as he and Green ran out of the way. Pink flew full force at the Smash, tackling it to give the two an opening to get out of the way.

The four soon regrouped as the monster tried to get up. "We need to stop this thing before this gets out of hand," Red said as he and his teammates pushed their Kyutama back twice.

"GALAXY!!!"

Energy charged around the Kyurangers' blasters as they took aim. "I'm with ya on that," the Rider said as he turned the crank on his belt.

"READY?! GO!!!"

"VULTIC FINISH!!!"

"YEAH!"

Red and Blue energy covered Build's body as the spring on his leg compressed. He jumped up high into the air before flying forward. He extended his right leg, getting in position for a kick. The Kyurangers pulled their triggers and fired three orbs of energy towards the Smash. "All Star finish!" the Rangers yelled. Once the Rangers’ attack hit, the Rider's connected right after. The treads on his shoe started to spin as it grinded against the monster. The Smash was soon blasted across the field, defeated after taking the two rounds of attacks.

"Quickly, we need to get ready before he grows giant," The pink ranger yelled.

"Don't worry, Smash don't grow when you beat them," Build said as he pulled out another white bottle. He twisted the top and pointed it at the Smash. Particles flew off the monster and into the bottle as the monster soon turned into a human form. Lying in the monsters place was a mint green girl in a pink shirt. Once the process was done, Build closed the bottle that now had a spiderweb-like design. "This Full Bottle is sure to have tons of fire power."

"Lyra!?" Green said as she tended to the unconscious girl. "Are you alright? Please wake up."

"Oh man, if I knew it was Lyra I would have held back," Red said.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine once she wakes up. But she won't know what happened the past couple of hours," Build explained.

"We really owe ya one," Pink said.

"Aww it was nothing, but I will ask for one thing though." Build said.

"What?" Red asked.

Build was quiet for a moment as he pulled out the two bottles from the driver. The armor disappeared, revealing a smile on his face. "Do you all mind letting me see what you’re hiding behind those helmets?" he asked.

"Um, is that really necessary?" Green asked.

"It's only fair. After all you all know who I am. Plus we’re all superheroes here," Axle said.

The Red Ranger looked at his teammates before becoming silent for a moment. "I think we can trust this guy. He is right that he showed us his face and we should show ours. I mean if it's alright with you two," Red said.

"He helped us fight the monster, so I guess we can trust him," Pink said.

Red nodded as he removed the Kyutama from the blaster. After a moment the battle suit vanished with the others soon followed.

Axle was actually surprised to see who the Kyurangers really were. "Hey it's you Flash," Axle said with a smile. "Who know the guy I helped on the side of the road was one of the heroes everyone is talking about."

"Well it was a surprise to see a guy like you could go toe to toe with a monster," Flash said as he scratched the back of his head. "It is a good thing I ran into you, you left this on my car," Flash then pulled out the wallet and gave it to Axle.

"Oh hey, I was looking for that. Thanks," Axle said as he took his wallet back. "Why don't I treat you guys to snacks at my place. It's the least I can do," Axle said.

"Sounds good to me," Ditzy said.

"Yeah," Flash followed.

"You guys go ahead. I should take Lyra to the nurse's office. I should also tell Bon-Bon that she's ok too," Sweet Leaf said as she picked up Lyra. After saying their goodbyes, Sweet Leaf made her way back to the school.

"You don't mind following me, right?" Axle said as he pulled out a bulky looking smartphone and a yellow bottle with the image of a lion on it.

"Hey what are those bottles? Are they like our Kyutama?" Ditzy asked as she looked closer at the bottle.

"I guess. They’re called Full Bottles. Using them in the Build Driver I can activate the power within them and transform. I can mix an organic and a inorganic bottle to make all kinds of forms, but the strongest are the best matches like RabbitTank I just used. Every bottle always has one that complements it in power," Axle explained.

"Wow they sound powerful," Flash said with excitement.

"They also let me do stuff like this," Axle said as he placed the yellow Full Bottle into a slot on the phone. He then threw the phone into the air.

"BUILD CHANGE!"

The phone started to grow several times its size before folding into Axle's motorcycle.

"So that's why we couldn't find your bike in the parking lot," Flash said in amazement.

Axle put on his helmet and started the bike. "I'll be waiting guys," he said as he drove off ahead. Flash pulled out his car keys and ran to the parking lot with Ditzy close behind.


On the other side of town Time Turner was waiting near a warehouse. To alleviate the boredom, the alien was performing tricks with his yo-yo. "I'm here, Time Turner," a boy’s voice yelled out.

Time Turner was in the middle of a trick called "Rocking the Baby" when he turned to see Comet Tail riding his bike up to him. "Ah, I'm so glad you were able to come," Time Turner said as he put away his toy.

"Why did you want me to come all the way out here?" Comet asked.

"Well the sensors picked up something very strange. It was very weak but I felt it was worth doing some hands-on investigation," Time Turner explained as Comet locked up his bike.

"Is it Jark Matter?" Comet asked.

"No, that was the strange part," Time Turner answered as he pulled out a flashlight. "I was hoping you could lend me a hand."

"No problem," Comet said as he took the flashlight and the lead. They entered the warehouse, which was mostly empty with the only other light being the windows. "This place is completely empty," Comet said as he used the light to illuminate a corner.

"Never hurts to be thorough," Time Turner said as he looked around the windowed area. Unknown to the both of them a thin trail of smoke formed by the alien's feet. Out of nowhere Time Turner fell to the ground as if the floor was pulled up from under him. "What on Earth?!" Time Turner yelled.

"What's wrong?" Comet asked as he ran over to his friend.

"I don't know, my leg just went numb out of nowhere," Time Turner asked. Comet helped him up but stopped when he looked down. "Did you see something?"

"Just look," Comet said. Time Turner looked down and was shocked to see the shadow below them. He saw the shadow of Comet holding him up but his own shadow was missing it's left leg. It was as if his leg was cut off but his physical body didn't have a scratch on it. "How is that possible? Shadows are just areas where light is blocked. There no way light should be coming through your leg," Comet said.

"You really shouldn't think so limited like that," A voice said out of nowhere. The two looked up to see a cloud form above them with glowing yellow eyes. "Hmm, I already feel better after that bit."

"What, who are you?" Comet said as the two's wristbands transformed into their Saiza Blasters.

"Ah, so my legend hasn't reached this world," the cloud said. The cloud charged at the two, causing the ranger to hit the floor. Comet quickly stood up to fire several shots at the cloud. The shots just flew through the intangible body.

"Ahhh, my arm won't respond," Time Turner said. Comet looked to see that his partner landed in the light and the shadow of his right arm was now gone. The cloud started to circle around the downed ranger.

"I'll be able to recover quite a bit thanks to you," the cloud said menacingly.

"I got this Time Turner," Comet said as he pulled out his Kyutama and transformed into Lupus Blue. He swung his claws through the cloud with zero effect. The yellow eyes just looked back at the ranger before releasing a discharge of electricity. The attack caused Blue to be knocked back. "This thing is just full of surprises," the ranger said.

"What do you know? I've already recovered my ability to summon lightning," the cloud said. "I wonder how strong I'd get when I eat your shadow."

Blue looked at Time Turner who was now unconscious in the light. What soon got him concerned was that he wasn't giving off a shadow of any kind. "What did you do to my friend?" Blue asked.

"The same thing I'll do to you," the cloud said as he flew right towards the ranger. Blue rolled out of the way at the last minute and ran right to Time Turner. Once he managed to prop him up on his shoulder he fired his blaster upward. The shot hit a steam pipe to give the ranger enough cover to escape.

"Hehe, they escaped. That's fine, I'm in no rush the restore my power," the cloud said.


Flash and Ditzy followed Axle in Flash’s car. Where the motorcycle was leading wasn't too far from the school. Axle stopped right in front of a small shop. Once Flash parked his car Axle led the two into the store.

Turns out the shop Axle was showing them was a junk shop. The shelves were full of broken appliances and scrap parts. Behind the counter was a shelf filled with devices that were in much better condition than everything else. This led Flash to think that in addition to selling junk this place specialized in repairs as well.

Standing at the counter was a gray-skinned old man with white hair more messy than Axle's and short chin hair. He was dressed in a green yukata for men and was occupied with reading the newspaper. The old man glanced up at the three teens in this store. "Hmm, about time you made some new friends," the old man said as he took a sip of his tea.

"Would it kill ya to offer a friendly "hello" Old Dog," Axle said as he lead his friends to a stairway.

“Axle, you shouldn't call him that, you need to show your elders respect," Flash said.

"That's my name," Old Dog said with an amused look. "But he is right, you need to show some respect."

"Whatever," Axle said as he pulled out the Full Bottle he got from the Smash. "Oh by the way, I got a new bottle for you to purify," he said as he threw it to the shop keep.

"Well it's good to see you’re staying out of trouble," Old Dog said as he caught the bottle.

Once they got upstairs Ditzy and Flash sat on the couch of the upstairs apartment. After a moment Axle sat a plate of chips and salsa on the table. "Make yourselves at home," Axle said.

"So Axle," Flash said as he took a bite of the chips. "I want to know, where do these Smash come from?" he asked.

"Well I don't really know ether," Axle replied as took a seat on a chair. "All I know is that it's somehow linked with that Helios Space mission."

"You mean that space mission ten years ago to Mars?" Ditzy asked.

"Yeah, turns out there was a lot of stuff the space program kept under wraps. Mostly cause most of the stuff was stolen. My guess is whoever stole that stuff are making the Smash. Probably to test something," Axle explained.

"Wait, how do you know all this?" Flash asked.

"Cause Old Dog told me. When I asked how he knew he just hit me over the head with his walking stick," Axle answered.

"Jeez if that's how he responds to questions then I don't blame you being cold to him," Ditzy said.

"Eh, it's fine. He's the man that raised me when I was abandoned. I'm sure if I needed to know he would tell me," Axle said.

"Aww, your parents abandoned you, that's so sad," Ditzy said on the verse of tears.

"I can kinda relate," Flash said as he scratched his head. "My dad walked out on me and my family when I was young."

"You too Flash," Ditzy said with tears in her eyes. "That's so sad."

"It's alright Ditzy. I've had a great life even without my dad," Flash said.

"Yeah we're both doing fine," Axle added. "I mean we're not acting like goths who think the world is all doom and gloom."

"Come on, why don't we cheer up Ditzy?" Flash asked as he patted her shoulder.

"I have the newest Mighty Action X game if you want to play," Axle said as he pulled out a game console from the TV cabinet.

"Really? I love Mighty Action X. Mighty is so cute," Ditzy asked with a smile.

"You have a Gemn-Cube? That's awesome," Flash followed. Before one of them could grab a controller a call tone came from their wrist bands. "Oh sorry, looks like the others need us," Flash said.

"It's ok I get it. At least let me give you my phone number before you go," Axle said as he pulled out his phone. After the teens exchanged contact info, Ditzy and Flash left the junk shop.


Once Flash and Ditzy got on the ORION they immediately went to the medical bay. They saw Sugarcoat, Comet, and Big Mac were around Time Turner on a bed. "What happened?" Ditzy asked.

"Me and Time Turner were investigating by the warehouses," Comet started as he passed over the unconscious body with a scanner. "We ran into a cloud monster and it ended up eating his shadow."

"Eating his shadow?" Flash repeated.

"I know, I was the same way," Comet said as he raised up Time Turner's arm to show that there was no shadow below it.

"I don't know how it works, but apparently the lack of a shadow caused him to become comatose," Sugarcoat added.

"If we defeat that thing, do you think it will come back?" Ditzy asked.

"That seems to be the trend," Sugarcoat said.

"This is really crazy, you think it's Jark Matter?" Flash asked.

"I don't know, But that cloud is too dangerous to leave alone. I'm afraid it could be anywhere. We should look around for it. We should split up in teams of two to search. I also want to check back at the warehouse," Comet said.

"That might be hard since Sweet Leaf is staying back with Lyra," Ditzy said. "Long story."

"I can take care of the warehouse without you guys," Flash said as he raised his hand.

"Are you sure you can do this on your own?" Big Mac asked.

"Oh don't worry, I think our new friend is willing to lend a hand," Flash said with a smile. "Same long story."

"Wait, someone knows you’re Kyurangers?" Sugarcoat asked.

"It's fine, we can definitely trust this guy," Ditzy said. "We know his secret too," she whispered.

"Ok then, I’ll trust your judgement leader," Comet said with a nod before turning to the others. "Me and Bulk will take downtown, Sugarcoat and Aria will take the mall. Big Mac, Ditzy, you'll take the suburbs."

"Sweet Leaf can keep an eye on the school," Ditzy suggested.

"Sounds like a plan," Flash said as he gave the thumbs up.


Once the team split up, Flash was waiting in front of the warehouse. It wasn't long before a familiar motorcycle came riding by. "I didn't expected to get a call from you so soon. Not that I mind," Axle said as he took off his helmet.

"Yeah well we're kinda short on hands," Flash said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Hey I'm happy to help," Axle said as his bike transformed back into a phone. Once he put the phone away he showed Flash a new Full Bottle. This one was black and had a machine gun design. "It may give me a chance to test this baby out."

"Is that the bottle you got from that monster we fought?" Flash asked.

"Eeyup, it's been purified and can now be used in the Build Driver. Speaking of," Axle said as he pulled out the Build Driver. He then placed it on his waist and the belt wrapped around him. "From how you described it, we're better off being prepared."

"Good thinking," Flash said as his wristband transformed into his Saiza Blaster. The two walked into the darkness with their guards up.

"My my, there's been a lot of visitors today. Not that I'm complaining," a voice said out of nowhere. Suddenly the lights came on as two looked up to see the cloud hovering above them. Flash fired several shots at it but they just passed through it. "Hmm, looks like you’re friends with those others."

"Are you with Jark Matter?" Flash asked.

"Jark Matter? Never heard of it," the cloud said as it began to spark. "I am Arabus. My name once spoke fear through all of Equestria."

"You’re from Equestria!?" Flash said in surprise. Dang it, this is Sunset's expertise. I'll just have to do my best for right now. Flash thought as he pulled out his Kyutama and placed it into his blaster. "Let’s take this guy down."

"You got it," Axle said as he pulled out two Full Bottles and placed them into the driver.

"LEO KYUTAMA!"

"RABBIT! GATLING!"

"SAI ZA CHANGE!"

"ARE YOU READY!?"

"Star change!" Flash yelled.

"Henshin!" Axle followed.

Arabus fired a bolt of lighting at the two, but it was blocked by the constructs that appeared in front of the two humans. Once Flash was in his battle suit he charged at the cloud with his sword, which soon proved to be ineffective. "My attacks do nothing!" Red said before the cloud knocked him back.

Axle's battle suit was different than before. What was blue before was now gunmetal gray. There was a bandolier of bullets across his chest and the right eye plate was now shaped like a Gatling gun. "Let's see what this thing can do," Build said as he threw his arm forward. After a moment he realized that nothing was happening.

"Any time you want to join Axle," Red said as he dodged an attack.

Build threw his fist a few more times without anything happening. "I thought this would let me shoot at it. Maybe I need to build a weapon for it. If I do I'd need to find the Gatling Bottle's Best Match," Build said as he pulled out a cyan bottle with a Jolly Roger on it. "Let's start the experiment."

"Maybe try a Best Match you already know instead of just doing things at random," Red said as Arabus punched him.

"Um yeah that would be better," Build said as he pulled out the Tank Bottle and placed it into the driver.

"TANK!"

"BEST MATCH!"

"Build Up!" Build yelled as he turned the crank. The gun metal parts changed to blue as pipes came out of the driver to form a weapon. It was the gun he used before, but with the drill part on top to form a sword.

"THE MOONSAULT OF STEEL, RABBIT-TANK!"

"YEAH!"

"Your shadow is mine," Arabus said as he dived down towards Red’s shadow. Build quickly pushed the ranger out of the way.

"How about you eat my Drill Crusher!" Build yelled as he thrusted his weapon through Arabus. The drill formed a hole in the cloud but caused no damage.

"How do you fight a cloud?" Red said as joined in the attack. The two kept slashing at it before Arabus discharged a bolt of electricity and pushed them back.

"I think this is a case of needing the right tool for the job," Build said as he pulled out another bottle. This one was turquoise with a vacuum image on it. he replaced it with the tank bottle and turned the crank.

"VACUUM!"

"ARE YOU READY!?"

"Build Up!" Build said as the blue parts turned turquoise. His left arm was now a vacuum nozzle and there was a canister on his shoulder. The Vacuum arm switched on and air began to be sucked in. Arabus' cloud body began being sucked into the vortex and sent into the canister. "See, this guy is nice and contained now. This canister has a triple air tight seal," Build said with a grin under his helmet.

"You think this tiny prison can hold me? I've faced much more powerful seals then this," Arabus said through the canister. The clouds started to swirl around like a mini tornado with lighting being discharged. The restless cloud's movements became more violent as the rider started to be jerked around.

"Axle you need to let him out. It’s too dangerous," Red said as Build tried his hardest to stay in control. With very little options, Build pressed a button on his chest which released the storm in the canister.

Once Arabus was released, he unleashed a huge shockwave of electricity and wind. Between the lighting and strong wind that was building up, Red and Build were blasted back to a wall. The attack was so strong that it caused their transformation to be canceled out.

"I am growing impatient with these games. Once I eat your shadows I'll be one step closer to completing my plan," Arabus said as he hovered above the two.

Flash looked up at the cloud. The image of Time Turner on the bed flashed into his head. He didn't want to end up like that. After a quick glance at Axle, Flash tightened his grip on his blaster.

"When ya see the signal, I need to to get us out of here," Flash whispered.

"What signal?" Axle asked.

"You'll know it when you see it," Flash said.

Arabus flew right towards the ground where their shadows rested. At the last minute Flash fired at the light above them. When the cloud hit the ground their shadows disappeared in darkness. "No light, no shadows," Flash said as he continued to shoot out the lights in the room. Arabus started to spark to give off light to see.

"BUILD CHANGE!"

The sound of an engine filled the air. Arabus looked to see Axle's motorcycle revving up. The bike peeled out through the cloud and out of the warehouse.

"Curses, I guess I can no longer just wait for shadows to come to me," Arabus said. He then made his way out of the building and into the sky. "I'll start my hunt at the place I first came to this world," he said as he flew towards the high school.


Axle stopped a few minutes away from the warehouse. The two took a moment to try and process what they just went through. "So we know it’s not from Jark matter. And it's not a Smash since they don't have the ability to talk like that," Axle said.

"He said his name was Arabus," Flash said as he started to pace back and forth. "He also said he was from Equestria, and that's what got me worried."

"Yeah, this Equestria place is where you lost me. Is it like another planet or something?" Axle asked as he sat in his bike.

"Well kinda, it's a long story. The short version is that it's another dimension where magic exists. Our two worlds are linked by a portal in the school's horse statue. It's also where Sunset is from," Flash explained.

"Sunset?" Axle asked.

"The girl with red and yellow hair, you must have seen her around," Flash said.

"I haven't been to this school that long. The only people I know are you guys and Trixie. Though I think she did mention a Sunset once or twice," Axle said.

"How do you know Trixie but not Sunset, wait we're getting off topic," Flash said as he recollected his thoughts. "The only way that we're going to get any info on this Arabus guy is talking with Sunset."

"Sounds great," Axle said as he started his bike back up.


Lyra was sleeping soundly on the bed of the nurse's office. Sweet Leaf had already called Bon-Bon and they were both sitting next to their sleeping friend. "I really appreciate you taking care of her," Bon-Bon said.

"It was no trouble at all," Sweet Leaf replied.

"I think it's about time I start to get her back home," Bon-Bon said as she stood up and went to Lyra's bed side. "You don't need to stay here anymore. Why don't you just go home?"

"Are you sure?" Sweet Leaf asked.

"You've already done so much already. You deserve to get some rest," Bon-Bon said.

"Ok I'll see ya tomorrow," Sweet Leaf said with a smile. She left the nurse's office and and made her way to her locker to grab her books. Once she was a few feet away from her locker her books fell out of her hand. Surprised by this, Sweet Leaf reached down only to find out her arms weren't working. "My arms won't move. Is there a monster nearby?" she said as she looked around.

Unknown to her, her shadow had a gap in it right threw the middle. "Yes, I can feel my strength growing," a voice said.

Sweet Leaf turned around to see Arabus floating in the air. "Oh no, you’re that cloud Comet told me about," she said as she tried not to be scared. She was defenseless without the use of her arms. With very little options the teen turned around and started to run. "I need to find help."

As Sweet Leaf turned the corner she suddenly felt faint and started to fall to the ground. She was unconscious on the floor with Arabus floating in front of her, looking bigger then he did before. "The time of the land's destruction is fast approaching. And once I'm strong enough, I will return to Equestria and free my brother," Arabus said as he let out a laugh.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

and so begins the adventure of 9 rangers, 7 magical girls, and a motorcycle hero fighting the forces of evil from another world.

things are about to get crazy

editing credit goes to Sunflower1414

please leave a comment, feedback is always welcome