• Published 18th May 2017
  • 2,947 Views, 248 Comments

Shining Lucky Stars - Axle the Cobalt Exorcist



9 heros chosen by the stars to start a rebelion to stop the Jark Matter Shogunate from not only conquering Earth but also the univers

  • ...
9
 248
 2,947

Space 4: Dreams of Flying

Canterlot Mall was always a buzz. There were all kinds of business open, from clothing stores to restaurants. This also included a grocer which Flash Sentry was walking out of with a plastic bag. "It's a good thing this place was next to a music shop. My guitar needed new strings," Flash said as pulled a pink can out of the bag. "I still can't believe Shou wanted this so bad."


Earlier that morning

It was the weekend and since Flash didn't have anything better to do, he desired to do a bit of songwriting in his living room. With his guitar on his lap and a notebook on the coffee table the young man was ready to write. He strummed a few notes casually before one of his strings snapped. "Just my luck," Flash said in annoyance. Since he wasn't able to continue with his songwriting Flash saw no point in keeping his guitar out. As he put his instrument in its case, a call tone went off. He pulled back the sleeve of his jacket and spoke into the wristband. "Hello," he answered.

"Oh Flash, I'm so glad to hear from you," Shou's voice said.

"Yeah what's up, is Jark Matter attacking?" Flash asked.

"No, but I was hoping you would do me a favor."

"What?"

"There is a rare fruit I've heard of that is quite plentiful on your planet and I'd love to try it. Have you ever heard of peaches?" Shou asked.

"Peaches?" Flash replied. "Um yeah, I can get them no problem, but why me? Can't you ask Aria or Sweet Leaf?"

"Everyone else I contacted was busy." Shou answered.

Flash paused for a moment. "Ok I'll get right on it," Flash said as he rubbed the back of his head. The communication ended and Flash fall back onto the couch. " Well I didn't have anything better to do."


Flash ended up going through the food court. All the food venders were hard at work serving their customers. There was even a pink dragon mascot entertaining the kids. A quick glance at his phone told him that it was around lunch time. With his chores done the young man decided to get a bite to eat. Looking around, Flash couldn't pick whether to have burgers or tacos for his meal. His train of thought was soon broken by a young woman's voice.

"Free muffin samples, fresh from the oven," the voice said. She was a gray skinned girl with blond hair and was wearing a pink shirt and skirt. Over the outfit was a tan apron with blue at the bottom and a muffin shaped hat on her head. She had a basket of muffins on her arm as she tried to hand them out. However the most eye catching detail about her was her gold colored eyes that always looked in two different directions.

Flash smiled as he walked over to the girl. "Hey Ditzy," Flash said.

"Hi Flash," Ditzy said returning the smile. "What brings you over here?"

"Oh just picking some things up for a friend," Flash said as he showed Ditzy his bag. "Uh what are you doing here?" he asked as he focused on the large muffin on Ditzy's head.

"I got a job at the muffin shop over there," the young woman answered as she pointed to a shop that had all kinds of muffins and baked goods displayed behind the counter. "The owner is real nice but the job he gave me is tough. People aren't interested in the free samples and I need to give out the whole basket by the end of the day."

"Well I'll take one to help you out," Flash said.

Ditzy smiled brightly. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you," she said in excitement, giving the young man a hug. She then reached into her basket and pulled out a muffin. "Here's a banana nut muffin. I know it's your favorite."

"Thanks," Flash said as he took the baked good. When he took a bite of it he was impressed. "Wow this is really good," he said.

"Yeah, Mr.Zeppole really knows his baked goods. He's almost as good as the Cakes. I hope he can teach me to bake just as well," Ditzy said.

"Zeppole? That's Italian right," Flash asked.

"Hmhm," Ditzy nodded.

"Well see ya around," Flash said as he waved good bye. He soon made his way to an empty table to eat the rest of his muffin.

"Yo Flash," another voice yelled. Flash turned to see Comet Tail and Big Mac walking towards him. Comet was holding a bulky laptop under his arm. The two decided to sit with the blue haired boy.
"Hey Comet, Big Mac. What brings you guys here?" Flash asked.

"Oh I was doing some programming on the ORION and felt it was time for a break," Comet replied as he set his computer on the table. Flash would have asked a follow up question but he knew nothing about programming and just turned to Big Mac.

"Dropping off Apple Bloom and her friends," Big Mac said as he pointed to the red haired girl who was hanging out with two other girls: one with lavender and pink hair and the other with purple hair.

"Well if you're heading back to the ORION you can give Shou this," Flash said as he held up his bag of canned peaches. After Flash handed off the bag he took another bite his of muffin.

"Oh yeah, the dragon asked me to get him some before." Comet said as he took the bag. "Hey where did you get that? Smells good," he asked.

"Ditzy over there is handing out free samples," Flash answered. "There really good but I need something a bit more filling for lunch. Are you hungry Big Mac?"

"Eeyup," Big Mac replied.

The three kept talking about what to have for lunch before a loud explosion filled the air. The three turned to see that the entrance of the mall was destroyed. Indavers marched through the destroyed entrance with people screaming and running away. Coming through the smoke was a much larger figure. The monster looked like a walking blue elephant with a large pink belly and was holding a lance that looked like a dream catcher. "Oooh, I smell sweet dreams nearby," the monster said. The monster turned to see the small kids that were by the dragon mascot. The person in the dragon costume ran away, leaving behind the kids. In the confusion, the monster started rubbing the head of the girl with purple hair. "Now what do you dream of?"

The girl was scared for a moment before her eyes became drowsy. "I dream of doing an awesome stunt with Rainbow Dash," the girl said in a tired tone. A cloud started to form from her head with the image of her going off a large ramp with a scooter. The monster then opened his mouth and ate the cloud. When the cloud was gone the girl fell to the ground.

"Scootaloo!" Applebloom yelled as she and her other friend went to help. After raising Scootaloo's head Applebloom let out a sigh of relief. "Oh good, she's just asleep."

"Haha, such a tasty dream," the monster said as he started rubbing his nose. "And there's still more to come." He reached out to do the same thing he did to Scootaloo to Apple Bloom. But his advance was interrupted when a food cart crashed into him.

"Well that was convenient," Comet said.

"Hehe yeah!" The three turned to find Bulk standing next to them wearing a striped hat and apron.

"Bulk what are you doing here?" Flash asked.

"I work at that nut cart I crashed into that guy," Bulk answered as he held up his Saiza blaster. "Also everyone went running so we're in the clear."

"Good," another voice said. The four tuned in the other direction. They were surprised to find the dragon mascot standing
"And you are?" Flash asked.

"It's me Lover Boy," the dragon grabbed the head of the costume and took it off to reveal Aria's twintails. The four guys all had grins on their faces that only caused Aria to scowl.next to them.


"Why are you wearing a dragon costume?" Flash asked.

"It's called a job, maybe you should get one," Aria replied. "I was going crazy sitting in that floating tin can and the cash doesn't hurt."

"Why don't you just go back to school if you're bored on the ORION?" Comet asked.

"Hey maybe instead of asking about my career choices, we take care of the monster." Aria snapped as she pulled out her Kyutama. The others pulled out their Kyutama and slid the top layer till the images were whole and placed them into the Saiza Blasters.

"SAI ZA CHANGE!"

"Star change!" the five yelled as they aimed their blasters to the ground and pulled the trigger. Stardust filled the air as they were all transformed into their Kyuranger form with their respective weapons.

The monster pushed the cart away to get back up. "So the Kyurangers finally showed themselves," he said. "I actually wanted to fight you. I figured you lot have some big dreams I could eat."

"Just try to eat my dreams," Blue said as he charged in with his claw. He swung his weapon only for it to be blocked by the dream catcher spear. Blue quickly moved out to allow Orange to try and stab the monster with his spear.

Orange landed a hit before he raised the blade to perform a slash. The monster caught the attack with his own spear. The two broke away before the monster went on the offensive and tried to perform a slash of his own. Orange blocked the attack with his spear and pushed back, giving him an opening to perform a kick. Before the ranger could attack again the monster unleashed a lightning attack from his nose.

The Orange ranger was knocked back and would have almost fell to the floor if Red didn't come in to save him. "Thanks," Orange said as he looked back at his team mate.

"No problem," Red said as he pushed Orange back up. He then pointed his sword forward and charged to attack.

Black was having trouble dealing with the large mass of Indavers that were ganging up on him. He tried to swing his axe but was unable to with the large amount of troops holding his armed back. "Hey I could use some help here."

Yellow let out a sigh. "Ugh, you're such a meathead," she said as she pulled out the yellow Kyutama and placed it into her dagger.

"GALAXY!"

"Dorado Impact!" she yelled as her blade started to glow yellow. she performed several vertical slashes in the air, followed by a horizontal slash that hurled the blades of energy at the troops. The Indavers were all hit by the attack and sent flying. Black was surprised by the fact that he wasn't harmed at all. "It's scary how good you are at fighting," Black said.

"Haha this is why I was the muscle of my group," Yellow said as she as she fettled with her dagger.

"Glad you're on our side now," Black said.

Both Red and Blue kept putting pressure on the monster with their slash attacks. "Wow so this is what it's like to fight a malstrum," Blue said.

"Don't take him lightly," Red warned. The damage they were doing was starting to show on the monster. Before Blue could attack with his claw again the monster let out another burst of lighting to push the Kyurangers back.

Meanwhile Ditzy was curtly hiding behind a table turned on its side. "Oh why did I have to hide instead of running like the others?" Ditzy said in distress. She peeked over her barrier to see the Kyurangers fighting.

The monster saw the young girl and moved as fast as he could towards her. "A weak human. All I need to do is consume her dreams and I can recover," he said.

Ditzy was in a panic seeing the monster coming closer. The monster threw the table to the side leaving the young girl helpless. As he reached out to grab Ditzy's head he was soon interrupted by Black bashing him away with his shoulder. "We're not having another hostage situation this time," Black said.

The monster stumbled back before finding the other four rangers standing in front of Ditzy. They all were pointing their blasters at the monster. "Surrender now long nose," Red said.

"Don't think I'm defeated yet, Kyurangers. Once I regain my strength, all your dreams will be mine," the monster announced as a cloud of smoke came out of his nose. They opened fire only to hit nothing through the cloud of smoke.

Red turned around to see a cowering Ditzy. "Are you ok?" Red asked.

Ditzy opened one crossed eye then the other. She saw the five rangers standing before her. "Yeah, th-thank you Kyurangers," she replied, happy to see the heroes. She managed to pick herself up and dusted off her apron. "I'm so lucky you were here to help."

"Yeah well helping people is just what we do," Blue said.

"DITZY!" A man's voice yelled before Ditzy could sing more praise of the Kyurangers. They all turned to find a light blue skinned man in a white bakers jacket. His yellow hair was spiky and kept in place with a headband with a triangle. When the man got up to Ditzy he held both her hands in his own. "Oh I was so worried about you. I saw all the commotion outside. Are you hurt?" the man asked in a thick Italian accent.

"Oh I'm fine Mr. Zeppole. I was saved by the Kyurangers," Ditzy explained as she turned around. Unfortunately the five heroes were nowhere to be found.

"You mean those costumed fighters on the news. Ah, I must find a way to repay them for saving my lovely employee," Mr.Zeppole said as he put his hand to his face.

"Hehe, I told you Mr.Zeppole, you don't need to call me that all the time," Ditzy said as she smiled and rubbed the back of her head.


After the attack Aria and Comet left for the ORION. Big Mac said goodbye as well to take his sister and her friends home. With the mall destroyed, Flash had to look for lunch somewhere else with Bulk tagging along. With a growing hunger and not many options, they ended up settling on a nearby burger joint. It didn't take long for them to get two orders of double cheeseburgers and fries.

As the two chowed down on their meal, Flash noticed a news report on tv. It was talking about the attack on the mall. "Wow, the Kyurangers are really helping a lot of people," a familiar voice said. The two guys turned to see Sunset and Pinkie, who were both holding to-go bags.

"Oh hey, what are you two doing here?" Flash asked. Sunset just pointed to the bag she was carrying. "Oh right. I didn't think you ate this kind of stuff Sunset."

"Well normally I wouldn't but coming here was Pinkie's idea," Sunset explained.

"What can is say, I was really craving a caramel chocolate milkshake," Pinkie said as she took a big slurp of her milkshake. "We also needed to pick up something for Twilight."

"What is Twilight up to that she can't get lunch with her friends?" Bulk asked.

"From what I understand she's web chatting with Timber Spruce," Sunset said.

"Oh, um, well that's nice I guess," Flash said as he took a bite out of his burger. He was overcome by emotions when Sunset spoke the name Timber. It took all of his willpower to not break out in tears. He tried to hide the sour face he was making with the large mass of meat and cheese he was holding.

"Yeah they've both been too busy after camp to really talk, so we didn't want to disturb them at all," Pinkie said with a smile.

Sunset's face however showed a bit of concern. "Are you ok Flash?" she asked.

"Yeah, of course," Flash said with the best fake smile he could muster. "Why wouldn't I be ok?"

"Well if you say so," Sunset said. She knew something was wrong, but she also knew Flash and he would have been upfront with her. With a sigh, two girls said their goodbyes and left.

After they left Bulk turned back to Flash to see tears running down his face. "Bro, are you sure you're ok?" he asked.

"I-I don't know. It's just I can't control myself," Flash said. "I know it shouldn't bother me, but when Sunset said Timber's name, I don't know. Something inside just started to come out. Like when I defeated the first monster we fought," he said as his mind went back to when he saved Twilight for the first time.


Leo Red soon snapped out of it and took off running. This surprised everyone, including the monster whom he was running towards. Before the Tsuyoindaver could react the Red Ranger jumped and flipped over him. while in the air Leo Red took the Kyutama out of the Saiza Bleater and into the slot on his sword's handle.

"GALAXY!!!"

The blade started to glow a blazing red as he held the sword behind his head. "Regulus Impact!" the red ranger yelled as he began to perform a vertical slash. A slash of red energy flew threw the air and hit the monster in the back. The hit caused the Tsuyoindaver to release Twilight, who ran away as fast a she could. Blue sparks began to appear around the monster before he exploded.


Flash put down his burger and used a napkin to wipe his face. "It's like something deep down took control of me out of nowhere," he said.

"Bro, I've learned that your head doesn't always know what to do. Sometimes your gut needs to step in," Bulk said as he took a big bite from his burger.

"Well I don't think it's my gut that's stepping in," Flash said.

"Aww, down in the dumps again?" another familiar voice said. Flash turned to find Ditzy standing next to him. She wasn't in her work clothes anymore and was now sporting a blue shirt and yellow tie with a matching skirt.

"Oh Ditzy, it's nothing," Flash said as he wiped his face. "Glad to see you're alright after that monster attacked."

"Yeah," Ditzy said in a huff as she sat down next to Flash. "It's just my luck that a monster would attack on the first day of my new job."

"Come on Ditzy, who would have expected an alien would pick today to attack?" Bulk said.

"That's nice of you to say, but I'm a bad luck magnet," Ditzy said with a long face. "If the Kyurangers weren't there, things would have ended up much worse. Then again, I did get in the way of them stopping the monster from escaping in the first place. It's all because of my bad luck."

Flash gave her a pat on the shoulder. "Ditzy, if I've learned anything it's that you need to make your own luck," he said as he thought back to all his past victories. "I've had the worst luck too, but I never let that get me down. And I don't remember your bad luck and clumsiness to let you down either."

"Hehe thanks Flash, I needed that," Ditzy said.

"Well I owe you for all the times you helped me," Flash said. "Now how about I get you a milkshake, my treat." Ditzy let out a smile as the three revelled in the good time they were having.


"You idiot!" Eriedrone yelled as he punched the wall of his ship. "Instead of destroying the Kyurangers, you decided have a bite to eat. What do you have to say for yourself, Yumepakkun?" the general said, looking down at the blue monster as he rubbed his nose in fear.

"Um, well Lord Eriedrone, in my travels I've learned it would be rude not to try the local food on a new planet," Yumepakkun pleaded.

Eriedrone's rage only grew with the pathetic answer. "I called you to their backwater planet to destroy the Kyurangers. Don't you make me regret my decision."

"Of course not Lord Eriedrone. Once I regain my strength I will make the next time I see them a nightmare," Yumepakkun said.

"You better, and to insure you don't fail, I'm trusting you with this," Eriedrone said as he held out a rectangular key-like object. "This is one of Jark Matter's newest weapons. Don't waste it."

Yumepakkun took the key. "You have my word as a Malstrum, I will not fail to beat those Kyurangers," he said as he held up his dream catcher spear and walked out.

"You will fall Kyurangers. One way or another," Eriedrone said as he raised a clenched fist.


The next day Ditzy woke up bright and early. Her first stop was to Sugarcube Corner for breakfast. She had a few days off work at the muffin stand at the mall due to repairs, and she didn't want to waste them. She walked happily down the sidewalk, munching on her lemon poppy muffin. She didn't make it too far from the cafe before she heard a commotion coming from a dark alley way. Despite her better judgement, Ditzy decided to see what was going on. When she turned the corner she ran back to hide behind the wall. She slowly snuck a peek to find Yumepakkun staring down two young boys, a tall, skinny one and a short, stocky one. "Oh no, what are Snips and Snails doing here?" Ditzy asked.

"Haha, I'm just about fully recovered. I just need two more just to top myself off," Yumepakkun said as he rubbed his nose. The two boys cowered in fear of the monster. The Malstrum started with Snips and placed his hand on the boy's head. Now what do you dream of?"

Snips' eyes became drowsy as a cloud formed over his head. "I want to eat the world's biggest sundae," Snips said in a tired tone.

The monster wasted no time in eating the cloud and causing Snips to fall asleep. "Ooooohhhh, that was a sweet one," Yumepakkun said with a grin. "Now let's see what your dreaming of," he said as he placed his other hand on Snails.

The same thing happened, only no cloud formed over Snail's head. "Uuuuhhhhhhhhh..." was all Sails said.

"WHAT!" the Malstrum yelled in disbelief. "This can't be possible. This boy has no dream, there's barely anything in his head. Come on kid there must be something you must long to do?" He asked.

"Uh nope. I'm doing alright," Snails said.

"RAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" Yumepakkun yelled in frustration. Mad that he couldn't have dessert he pushed Sails aside before he started to smell something. He soon turned around to find Ditzy spying on him. "Well lookey here, you must have some fresh dreams I can snack on."

Ditzy was so overcome with fear that the only thing she could think of doing was to slowly step back till her back was to the wall. As the monster closed in Ditzy was left with the only option left to her. She screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Sorry my snack but no one is going to interrupt my meal this time," Yumepakkun said.

The young woman was paralyzed. There wasn't much else she could do cornered like this. When all hope seemed lost, a rainbow colored blur came out of nowhere and started circling the monster. It didn't take long for Yumepakkun to get dizzy and fall down. The rainbow blur then stopped right next to Ditzy to reveal it was Rainbow Dash.

"Good thing I heard you scream while I was on my morning jog, huh Ditzy?" Rainbow said with a smile.

"Thanks Rainbow," Ditzy said, happy to see her friend save her.

Yumepakkun was quick to get back to his feet. "First the Kyurangers, now this girl. How hard is it to get a meal on this backwater planet?" he asked in anger. He then shot out a blast of lightning out of his nose at the two. Before the attack could hit the two girls, a hexagon shaped crystal shield appeared in front of them.

Everyone turned to see Rarity walking down the alley. "Attacking a poor defenses girl in a back ally, how much of a brute are you?" Rarity asked with both her hands glowing blue.

"Thanks for the save Rarity," Rainbow said.

"It was no trouble at all darling," Rarity replied.

"Hmm so you're the girls Lord Eriedrone warned me about," Yumepakkun said as he rubbed his nose. "You may be strong, but I have reinforcements on my side." As he spoke a small group of Indavers jumped out.

"Ha, I can take your goons in ten seconds flat," Rainbow said as she got into position to sprint again.

"Try all you want, you won't..." the monster was cut of when a strong aroma filled his nose. He sniffed deeply to try to find the source of the smell. "Oh my, this smell, I never smelled anything so incredibly."

The three girls looked at each other in confusion. "Um Ditzy, do you know what this monster is talking about?" Rarity asked.

"I know he likes to feed on dreams but I never saw him act like this," Ditzy said.

Yumepakkun kept looking around for a moment before he pointed right at Rainbow Dash. "It's you!" he yelled.

"WHAT?!" Rainbow yelled in surprise.

"Yes, the dreams in your head smell amazing," he said as he licked his lips. "Whatever your dreams are they're big and I must have them."

"Um Rainbow, I think we better run. I don't like the look in his eyes," Ditzy said worriedly.

"Yeah, way ahead of you," Rainbow said as the three girls started running.

"Indavers, get me that girl. I what that full course meal pronto," Yumepakkun commanded. All the troops nodded as they followed the orders and chased after the girls.

"I knew your ambitions would get us in trouble one day," Rarity yelled.

"Yeah, out of all of the crazy magical stuff that could attack us, a dream eating monster... is actually pretty high on the list," Rainbow said. Rarity was not amused with the comment


Meanwhile a few of the Kyurangers assembled on the ORION. "Ooooooohhhh! this is delicious," Shou said in bliss. The dragon was taken away by the plate of peaches that he held. "These peaches are just as sweet and juicy as I thought they would."

Sweet Leaf, who was holding a hot kennel, poured tea into a cup. "Here, try this with your snack," she said.

Shou took the cup of tea and took a sip. "Amazing! The tea you made pairs very well with the peaches Sweet Leaf," he said. "You really know your way around a kennel."

"You have my dad to thank for that. He's the real master at brewing tea," Sweet Leaf said with a smile.

Shou continued to eat his fruit till he looked at Big Mac, who was sitting at the table with a blank expression on his face. "So Big Mac, do you have any questions about the ORION or anything?" the dragon asked.

"Nope," Big Mac said.

"Hmm, not much of a conversationalist is he," Shou noticed.

"Big Mac is more of a man of action," Sweet Leaf said. "Or at least that's what his sisters say. I never really had a chance to meet him since he doesn't go to school."

Soon a loud thud filled the room, bringing attention to Comet Tail who was face first on his keyboard. "Oh poor Comet, he's been running himself ragged working on his computer," Sweet Leaf said.

"I...I need to...to finish it," Comet tried to say as his eyes clearly showed he needed sleep.

"What's so important ya give up a good night's sleep?" Big Mac asked.

Comet lifted himself up to resume hammering on his keyboard. "It's a program that will help locate the other three Kyutama that fell to earth," he said sluggishly.

"I appreciate your effort but you'll be no use to us if you can't keep your eyes open," Shou said.

"But... But..." Before Comet could finish his thought, he fell face down again onto his computer. This time he was down for the count.

Big Mac stood up from his chair, walked over to Comet, and picked him up over his shoulder. He carried the sleeping boy over to a couch and laid him down. As Sweet Leaf pulled a blanket over him, an alarm sounded. A holographic screen appeared above them to show Rainbow, Rarity, and Ditzy surrounded by Jark Matter troops.

"Jark Matter is on the move again," Sweet Leaf said. She then turned to Big Mac who nodded. "Shou, call the others and tell them we'll meet them there."

"OKyu!" Shou said as the two left the bridge.


Rainbow, Rarity, and Ditzy were surrounded by Indavers. The only thing keeping them at bay was a barrier Rarity made. We really need help here," Rarity said.

Ditzy was scared out of her mind. She never wanted to be in the middle of something like this. She never thought that she'd end up getting her friends involved in a monster attack. However good luck shined on the three girls as several colored orbs flew through the air and hit all the goons. The three turned to see the Red, Orange, Black, Green, and Yellow rangers running down the street.

"About time you got here," Rainbow said as Rarity lowered her shields now that they weren't in peril anymore.

"There's way more Indavers than there were last time," Black commented as he looked around. He pushed one of the troops to the side when it got too close.

"That blue elephant is dead set on eating Rainbow's dreams," Ditzy said.

"Figures," Red said as he saw Yumepakkun joining into the fray. "Ok, can you two get civilians to safety?" he said as he looked to Rainbow and Rarity.

"You got it," Rainbow said before she took off running.

"Come on Ditzy, we need to get to somewhere safe," Rarity said as she grabbed the blond girl's hand.

As the girls ran away, the five rangers turns to Yumepakkun. "Ooh Kyuranger, I wouldn't mind having you as my meal. The rainbow haired girl can wait," he said with a grin.

"Our dreams aren't meant to be your snacks," Green said.

"Please, my kind has been eating dreams for centuries. Now Indavers, round up my lunch," Yumepakkun commanded as he pointed with his spear. The five were immediately swarmed by the large number of foot soldiers.

Black managed to push a bunch of the goons back. Red and Green jumped over Black to fight the Indavers in the back of the crowd. Green landed on one of the soldiers back. A few of the Indavers tried to slash at her but she turned invisible and they missed. Green energy orbs came out of nowhere as they hit the enemies.

When Red landed he fired the blaster in all directions. Many of the Indavers flew back when they were hit. He then turned around and punched a soldier that was trying to sneak up behind him.

Orange crossed his arms to block an attack. While the two were locked the orange ranger's scorpion tail snaked along the ground and wrapped around the goons leg. Once the Indaver realized what was happening he was pulled into the air and thrown into the group of other soldiers.

One of the Indavers tried to slash at Yellow but she kicked the weapon out of its head. A call tone came from her Saiza Blaster as he was fighting more goons off. "This better be good, we're up to our elbows in creeps," Yellow said.

Shou spoke through the communicator. "I can see that, that's why I'm sending you something to help thin their numbers," he said.

Yellow saw a small flash come from her belt. She pressed the button on it and the small door opened to reveal a new red Kyutama. She threw one of the goons out of the way to look at it. She slid the top layer to form an image of a crab. "Well it's better than nothing," the yellow ranger said as she placed the globe into her blaster and pushed it back.

"CANCER KYUTAMA!"

"SAI ZA ATTACK!"

When she pulled the trigger an energy construct of a crab claw appeared and garbed a few of the Indavers tightly. "Ok, I can work with this," she said, pleased with the effect of the Kyutama. She the threw the captured Indavers skyward.

Chameleon Green reappeared to fight more of the soldiers. She quickly had to jump out of the way when Yumepakkun's spear came down to almost slash her. "Hmm, your dreams smell rather earthy," the malstrum said as he swung his spear again. "I wouldn't mind giving them a taste.

"Sorry but I won't let you," Green said as she pulled out her Kyuza Weapon and transformed it into its rapier form.

"KYU RAPIER!"

She swung the saber and sparks flew from the monster's armor. Green then pulled her arm back before thrusting to cause more damage. Yumepakkun tried to attack with his spear but Green caught it. With the two locked the monster gave his weapon a mighty swing that threw the Kyuza Weapon a few yards away. With the ranger now disarmed, Yumepakkun thrusted his spear and sent the young woman flying back. "Hehehe thanks for the meal," the monster said as he walked closer.

Meanwhile Ditzy watched the fight from behind a wall Rarity created. Rarity herself was too focused on making more cover for people to hide behind. Ditzy saw the saber fly threw the air and land only a few feet away. Her focus went from the rapier to the the battle field where the monster was slowly closing in on the downed ranger. She didn't know what to do. Rainbow and Rarity were helping everyone else she was the only one around to do anything. She only took a few steps before Rarity spoke up. "Ditzy, where are you going?" she asked.

Ditzy picked up the sword before turning to her friend. "I-I need to get this to the Kyurangers. I'm the only one to do this," she said with determination in her crossed eyes.

"But Ditzy..." Rarity started before she was cut off.

"No Rarity, I want to be helpful instead of just causing problems," Ditzy said as she turned around.

Rarity just sighed as she saw she wasting time trying to change Ditzy's mind. "Ok, just please, PLEASE be careful," she said.

Ditzy gave Rarity a quick nod before she started running toward the green ranger. She reached the halfway point and no one noticed her yet. This was going well before Ditzy's bad luck took over and she tripped onto the ground. When she did, Yumepakkun turned to see the young woman.

"Looks like the red string of fate keeps bringing you to me. Not that I'm complaining. I could always use more power before I destroy the Kyurangers," Yumepakkun said as he quickly moved towards Ditzy. Once Ditzy got her bearings she looked up to see the monster towering before her. Fear took over as the monster reached out his hand and placed it on her head. "Now tell me what you dream of."

Ditzy's eyes became drowsy. "I-I..." she started as a cloud formed over her head. Her mind was all over the place. She looked up at the monster to the Kyurangers who were gathering behind him. She was scared out of her mind, not from the monster in front of her but that she may have doomed her friends. A thought quickly came to her head as she closed her eyes tightly. "I-I-I don't want to be a burden to my friends anymore!" she yelled.

All of a sudden a bright, pink pillar of light appeared in the distance that caught everyone's attention. The light soon died down as a pink ball flew threw the air towards the battlefield. The ball crashed into Yumepakkun and knocked him back before it flew towards Ditzy. She held out her hands as the light died down and and a pink Kyutama appeared. The Kyutama landed in her hands and a Saiza Blaster appeared on her wrist.

"Ditzy," Red started in amazement of what was before him. "You're a Kyuranger."

"I'm a Kyuranger?" Ditzy repeated as she looked at the Kyutama. Not knowing what else to do, Ditzy stood up. "If this is how I can help others then I'll do it," she said as she slid the top layer of the Kyutama around to form an image of an eagle and placed into her blaster.

"AQUILA KYUTAMA!"

There was a moment of silence on the battlefield. Ditzy's face turned to confusion as she turned to the other Kyurangers. "Um, what do I do now?" she asked.

"Push the globe forward and pull the trigger," Green said. Ditzy nodded as she did what she said.

"SAI ZA CHANGE!"

Ditzy pointed the blaster towards the ground and pulled the trigger. A pink star appeared on the ground and an image of the eagle constellation passed over her. In a flash of light the young woman was wearing a pink Kyuranger battle suit. Her helmet's visor was shaped like an eagle and a wing. In addition to the suit, Ditzy now sported a pair of pink wings on her back. The new ranger looked herself over, unable to believe what was going on. "I'm a Kyuranger, oh my goodness I'm a Kyuranger!" she yelled as she placed both her hands over her mouth.

"Haha welcome to the team," Red said as the five Kyurangers went to the pink ranger.

"It's not over yet," Yumepakkun said as he recovered. "It doesn't matter how many of you there are. You will never stop me."

"Say what you want but when we work together, anything is possible," Red said as he took the lead. "You ready guys?"

"Yeah," everyone else replied.

"The Super Star," Red yelled as he gave his thumbs up pose. "Leo Red!"

"The Poison Star," Orange yelled as he extended his right arm. "Scorpius Orange."

"The Ring Star," Black said as he pounded his fists together and raised them to the sky. "Taurus Black, YEAH!"

"The Stealth Star," Green yelled as she took a fighting stance. "Chameleon Green!"

"The Speed Star," The pink ranger said as she threw her arms back as if she was flying. "Aquila Pink!"

"The Blade Star!" Yellow said as she cut threw the air with her arms. "Dorado Yellow!"

"We're the stars of rebellion," Red announced as he drew a circle in the air. "Uchuu Sentai..."

"Kyuranger!" they all yelled as they posed.

"Alright guys, let's Rocket," Red said as the team ran forward. Orange, Black, and Yellow all attacked the Indavers with their Kyuza Weapons in their respective forms. Green grabbed her Rapier and joined the others. Red pulled out the parts of his own Kyuza Weapon to show the new pink ranger. "Just follow my lead and you'll be fine," he said as he assembled his sword. Pink did the same with her own weapon.

"KYU SWORD!"

Red used his sword to cut down all the foot soldiers in his way. Pink was having trouble lifting her sword. Three Indavers were approaching the young girl and we're ready too attack. Pink managed to lift the sword over her head but when she did the blade piece flew off and hit the enemies behind her. When she swung the handle forward she accidentally pulled the black trigger, which caused a pink bolt of energy to shoot out and hit one of the goons.

"KYU SHOT!"

"Are you ok?" Orange asked as he tried to slash the monster with his spear.

"Uh yeah, this weapon is easier for me to use anyway," Pink said. She held the Kyu Shot in one hand and started to shoot it along with her Saiza Blaster into the crowd of enemies. A few of the alien soldiers went flying, allowing the others to get closer to Yumepakkun.

Red, Orange, and Yellow all tried to slash the monster but were soon pushed away. "Hey maybe you should try giving your wings a try," Green said as she took out another goon.

"Wings?" Pink asked. She looked back and was amazed at the pink wings on her armor. She then gave them a flap that suddenly lifted her off the ground. "I can fly," she said with glee. She flapped her wings again and was lifted higher. Surprisingly flying was easy to get a handle on. Once she got use to it she started to move quickly over the group of indavers and fired off both her blasters.

Yumepakkun saw the pink ranger firing at his troops. "You pesky fly, get out of here," he yelled as he threw away the Rangers attacking him and shot a bolt of lighting at her. The bolt caused the pink ranger ranger to fly backwards from the fight.

When Pink regained her balance she saw that the other Rangers were having trouble landing an attack on the malstrum. "Oh no, that monster isn't giving them an opening," she said.

All of a sudden a call tone came from her Saiza Blaster. "Hello, is this the new pink Kyuranger?" Shou asked through the Communicator.

"Um yeah," the pink ranger answered. "My name is Ditzy Do, who is this?"

"I am Shou Ronpo, Commander of the Kyurangers," the dragon introduced himself. "I'm here to give you something that may help, look in your belt."

The pink ranger pressed the button on her belt buckle and a new Blue Kyutama came out. She looked at it for a moment before sliding the top layer to form the image of a telescope. She placed the Kyutama into her blaster and pushed it back.

"TELESCOPIUM KYUTAMA!"

"SAI ZA ATTACK!"

When she pulled the trigger and a blue circle appeared in front of her. Within the circle's crosshairs was a close up image of the monster. "A sniper scope," she said. She looked at her Kyu Shot, then back at the scope. "Maybe I can make an opening with this," she said as she pointed the blaster forward, but her hand started to tremble. "But-but what if I miss?" thoughts started to fill her mind as she was unable to focus. Through all her uncertainties she remembered what Flash told her the other day

"You got to make your own luck," Flash's voice said.

The young woman focused as Yumepakkun soon came into the crosshairs. She griped the blaster tightly and pulled the trigger. A pink bolt of energy flew through the air but it missed its target. "Hehe was that your best, Pinkie?" the monster said with a chuckle.

"I'm not Pinkie Pie," the pink ranger said, upset at her miss. However everyone didn't notice that the pink bolt ended up hitting a sign behind the monster. The bolt bounded off the sign and ricocheted all over the battlefield till it hit the monster in the back. " *gasp* I did it."

With the monster distracted by the shot in the back he didn't see Scorpius Orange and Leo Red bringing down their weapons on the Malstrum in an X formation.

The six rangers regrouped as the monster was knocked back. "Did you see that? I hit the monster," the pink ranger said with joy.

"Hey, care to help us finish him off?" Black asked as he held up his Saiza Blaster.

"You betcha," Pink answered. All six rangers pushed their Kyutamas back twice.

"GALAXY!"

They pointed their blasters at the monster as balls of energy formed. "Shooting Star Crush!" they all yelled as they pulled the trigger. The six orbs flew in a spiral till they hit the monster. The Malstrum exploded as the six turned around to pose.

"We did it, we did it, we did it," Pink said as she jumped up and down.

"Yeah glad to have you on the team," Red said as he gave Pink a high five.

"OH YEAH!" Black yelled as he picked Pink up onto his shoulder.

"Haha, you all must be dreaming if you thought that would stop me." Yumepakkun's voice said. The six turned to see the monster was still alive but very badly damaged. "I need to prove I can take scrubs like you down," he said as he pulled out the key Eriedrone gave him and pressed a button. After a few moments a large object fell from the sky. When the dust of the impact cleared a large, sleek looking robot stood with a Gatling gun for an arm.

"Care to help us out with this?" Yellow asked.

Pink looked up at the giant robot, then to her fellow rangers. "You-you mean in the giant robot?" she asked.

"Don't worry, just stay close and follow our lead," Red said as all six rangers summoned their voyagers.

"SAI ZA GO!"

The large Kyutama formed around the Rangers as they flew through the air and docked into their voyagers. A pink portal opened and a large, pink robotic eagle flew through it and the pink Kyutama docked onto its back.

"AQUILA VOYAGER!"

The Leo, Chameleon, and Scorpius voyagers all fired a blast of energy that appeared to do little damage to the robot. The Aquila Voyager swooped down onto the robot and scratched it with its claws. Taurus and Darado voyagers both tried to charge at the robot, who aimed its gun arm and fired a flurry of bullets. The bull tank dodged out of the way but the swordfish was hit and was forced to the ground. When the ship crashed, red lights appeared on the yellow ranger's screen. "This this is way too strong. We're not getting close to it with that gun arm," Yellow said.

Red took a good look at the robot.e knew the close combat style they had been using wouldn't work this time. But then he realized that he had two new allies he didn't have before. "Ok now. Pink, Orange, are you guys ready to help fight?"

"Wait, you mean we're going to combine?" Pink asked.

"Eeyup," Orange replied.

"Don't worry, we'll be with you the whole time," Green said.

"YEAH!" Black added.

"Ok here we go," Red said as he pushed his Kyutama to the side and pulled the trigger.

"SAI ZA DOCKING!"

The five ships started the combination. The Chameleon and Taurus voyagers formed the legs as the Scorpius and Aquila formed the arms. With the two new arms set KyurenOh was ready to battle.

"KYURENOH!!!"

The robot fired its gun arm again, but KyurenOh used the wings of Aquila Voyagers to block the attack. "Ah, we can't get close to the guy," Black said.

"Maybe we can blast our way through," Red said as he turned to Orange on his screen. The orange ranger just nodded as he took to his controls. KyurenOh raised the arm formed by the Scorpius Voyager and fired off a massive blast of energy. When the robot stumbled back KyurenOh charged forward to attack with the blade like wings of the Aquila Voyager's. "We got him now," Red said. "Are you guys ready to take this guy out?"

"Yeah!" the others replied. All five pushed there Kyutamas back twice as they readied their attack.

"SUPER GALAXY!"

The wings of the Aquila Voyager started to glow brightly. KyurenOh raised its arm before swinging it like a giant fan. A large gust of wind and energy was thrown towards the robot. The gust of wind soon turned into a whirlwind with pink energy feathers flying through it. The whirlwind hit the robot and tore it apart within a few seconds. In no time the robot was destroyed.

"Did we do it?" Pink asked.

"Of course," Green answered.

"Come on guys. Let's get back to the ORION so our new team mate can meet everyone properly," Red said. The others all agreed. They picked up the damaged Dorado Voyager before flying off into the sky.


When they got to the ship Ditzy transformed back into her civilian form. To say she was amazed to be on a real spaceship would be an understatement. She could barely contain her excitement when she got to the bridge. "Oh my, I thought I'd only be able to see this stuff in the movies," she said.

"I'm so happy to speak with you face to face Ditzy Do," Shou said as he welcomed Ditzy onto the ship.

"Um I feel the same Mr."Ditzy said. She was a little nervous seeing that the voice she just met was a dragon. "I promise to do my best to help out here," she said as she gave Shou a polite bow.

"That's great to hear but you don't need to act so nervous. After all we have met before," Leo Red's voice said. Ditzy turned to see the other five Kyurangers in their battle suits behind her with a confused look. After a moment the the rangers all transformed back into their civilian forms.

"What!?" Ditzy yelled in surprise as she saw that all of the Kyurangers were her friends from school. "Flash, Bulk, Sweet Leaf, Big Mac, Aria?" Ditzy said Aria's name with a bit of worry.

"Don't worry about her, she's on our side now," Bulk said as he wrapped his arm onto Aria's shoulder. Aria was not happy with his contact and socked him in the jaw.

Flash slowly walked up to Ditzy and gave her a smile. "I'm really happy to have someone like you on our team," he said.

"I-I won't let you down," Ditzy said with determination in her eyes. The others all cheered in happiness at the arrival of their new team member.

To be continued

Author's Note:

I'm very proud of this chapter. not only has Ditzy join the team but we also have some development with Flash

Edit is thanks to Sunflower 1414

like always leave a comment, feed back is always appreciated