• Published 18th May 2017
  • 2,965 Views, 248 Comments

Shining Lucky Stars - Axle the Cobalt Exorcist



9 heros chosen by the stars to start a rebelion to stop the Jark Matter Shogunate from not only conquering Earth but also the univers

  • ...
9
 248
 2,965

Space 7: Winging It

In the middle of town, a lone Flash Sentry was busy staring blankly as a bulletin board. The board was covered with flyers from musical events to lost pets to business advertisements. Unfortunately none of them were what Flash was looking for. As he stood in the middle of the sidewalk, Applejack happened to pass by. "Hey Flash what's up?" she asked.

Flash took his attention away from the board to look at Applejack. "Oh hey AJ. I'm just looking for a job listing. Preferably one I can do with my band. We want to do something more than just school events. We'd even settle on just one gig," he explained as his gaze went right back to the board.

Applejack smiled. She had always known Flash was dedicated to his band, even if he never believed a music career was in his future. Wanting to help a friend out, Applejack dug through her bag for a piece of paper and handed it to Flash. "Here," she said.

"What is it?"

"It's a flyer for a new restaurant/music venue opening up. They're looking for a house band to play. I was going to see if the Rainbooms were interested but the more I think about it, they probably don't want to add regular performances to their busy schedule," Applejack said with a smile.

"Thanks, I'll call them right away," Flash said as he took the flyer.

As the flyer left her hand, Applejack turned around and started to walk way with a wave goodbye. "Oh and remember to tell me when your first show is," Applejack said as as she went out of view.

Flash pulled out his phone to call the restaurant's number but was interrupted by a call tone. The tone wasn't coming from his phone but his wrist band. "Looks like duty calls," he said as he put the flyer in his jacket and started running. "I better make the call on my way there. Can't let some other band get first dibs on this gig."


On the ORION most of the Kyurangers had joined together. The doors opened to allow the last of their group to enter. Flash ran in with phone in hand. "Looks who decided to show up," Aria said as she kicked up her feet on the couch.

"Yeah I'd think you of all people would come running if we called," Sweet Leaf said.

"I'm really sorry but I had to get a gig for my band set up," Flash said as he put away the phone.

"Your band has a gig, that's great," Ditzy said.

Flash scratched the back of his head. "Well we have an audition tomorrow. So tonight we need to practice like our lives depend on it."

Shou stood up from his chair. "That's great Flash, but unfortunately your duties come first," he said. As he walked up to the upper level. "Especially since we have made a troubling discovery."

"Yes, I discovered it while surfing the interstellar transmissions," Time Turner said as he typed on the console. A hologram of a cloaked figure appeared over the center table.

"Don Armage," Shou said as the image appeared.

"That's Don Armage?" Ditzy said with fear in her voice. Everyone felt a mix of surprise and fear from the presence the leader of Jark Matter possessed, even if it was just an image.

"This is a message from The Jark Matter Shogunate," Don Armage announced. "The Kuro of the Sagittarius star system, Eriedrone has fallen to the rebellious group, the Kyurangers. The act of killing a high ranking officer is an offense we won't take lightly. As such the reward for each of the nine Kyurangers have been raised to one-hundred thousand credits." The hologram then changed to wanted posters of all the Kyurangers in both their ranger and civilian forms. "There capture is our top priority. Glory to Jark Matter." And with that the transmission ended.

The Kyurangers were shocked at the announcement as well as the fact that Jark Matter knew their identities. After a moment Comet spoke up, noticing something about the wanted posters. "Hey Time Turner, why is your bounty higher than ours?" he asked.

Soon everyone's attention was on Time Turner's poster which read a bounty of one-hundred and fifty thousand credits. "Well I guess it's cause I already had a bounty of one-hundred credits. You all had bounties of fifty-thousand credits," Time Turner explained.

"Whow, what did you do to get that?" Bulk asked.

"That's not important now," Time Turner said.

"He's right," Flash said. "Because of that announcement, everyone knows who we are now."

The earthlings all looked at each as the realization of their identities being revealed sunk in. "I don't think you need to worry about that," Time Turner said to gain everyone's attention. "I've seen the technology you have on this planet. Your scientists haven't cracked Faster Than Light transmissions yet. No one on Earth had seen this," he said. The other eight let out a sigh of relief.

"This is still a very troubling matter," Shou said as he tapped his cane in his hand. "This means the threats against you will be much more dangerous. That's what brings us to our current predicament. We have detected a Jark Matter ship has landed in this area," he said as he pointed to a holographic map.

"That's Cloudsdale!" Bulk said.

"We'd might need to use our voyagers to get there," Sweet Leaf said.

"What is Jark Matter doing one town over?" Flash asked.

"I don't know. But with the rise in danger I feel it's time I assign a field leader for missions. Someone to make discussion and help them run more smoothly," Shou said.

"I nominate myself," Comet said as he raised his hand.

"Hey if that dork running for leader then I nominate myself," Aria said as she stood up from the couch.

"Why should you be leader? You tried to take over the world," Comet said as Aria walked down to the lower level.

"I'm more qualified than you. This isn't some kind of role-playing game in your mom's basement," Aria replied. The two started to stare down each other.

"I nominate Flash," Ditzy interrupted with her hand raised.

"Oh no, I can't be leader. I'm fine with just helping out the team," Flash said, looking a bit embarrassed.

"Nonsense," Ditzy said with a beaming smile. "You always had a strong sense of justice. You're alway able to rally the team in battle. Plus, whenever we make KyurenOh you alway form the head."

"Enough!" Shou yelled as he started to dig through his coat to pull out a white Kyutama."This is how we shall decide who shall be the field leader."

"How does a Kyutama help decide?" Sugarcoat asked.

"This is a very special Kyutama. Whoever can master it shall be worthy to be leader," Shou explained.

Before anyone could say anything Aria jumped into action and snached the globe out of the dragon's hand. "If that's all it takes then this will be easy," she said as she ran out of the room.

"Aww, I wanted to do the Kyulette this time," Shou said. "Then again, we only need five for this mission. We need the other to protect the town."

"Makes sense," Ditzy said as she picked up the red drum.

Soon the Kyulette music started to play as one by one the Kyurangers dropped their Kyutama into the drum. Sugarcoat spun the drum and when the music ended, four globes fell out onto the table. "Flash, Comet, Sweet Leaf, and Time Turner," Shou said. The four nodded as they all ran out to complete their mission.


The Town of Cloudsdale was quite the odd sight to see. On any other day it would be just like any other town. But today its people were marching down the street as if they were soldiers in an army, with Indavers patrolling each street corner. The strangest thing seemed to be that everyone was wearing black collars around their necks. In the town square a group of people were performing exercises.

"One, two, three, four. Den den, vil vil!" A commanding voice said. Standing in front of the people was a monster in green and orange armor with wing-like appendages coming out his back. His neck was incredibly long with large ears on his head. The monster snapped his whip, causing the people to move faster. "You will all obey your Malistrate, Denvil's rules."

Out of nowhere several yellow blasts flew in to hit Denvil. The yellow ranger ran towards the Malistrate before performing a kick. "Really? A freak like you managed to take over this town," Yellow said as she pulled out the white Kyutama. The monster recovered and a group of Indavers came up beside him. "I almost feel bad for what I'm about to do," she said as she placed the Kyutama into her blaster.

"PEGASUS KYUTAMA!"

"SAI ZA ATTACK!"

She flipped out the grip then pulled the trigger, but nothing happened.

"ERROR!"

"What the?" Yellow said. She pulled the trigger two more times but she got the same result. The invaders wasted no time opening fire on the ranger. Yellow was forced to the ground as the white Kyutama fell out of her blaster.

As the yellow ranger started to get up, the other four ranger ran onto the scene. "What happened to the you?" Green asked as her teammate got up.

"The stupid Kyutama didn't work," Yellow answered.

"Alright, time for formation 19," Denvil ordered with a crack of his whip. Before anyone could react, a group of citizens came out of nowhere and started to circle the Rangers. After a moment the civilians cleared away and the group of Indavers opened fire on them. The civilian repeated the action before moving away again to allow the troops to come in close to attack.

"Why are these people fighting against us?" Red asked as the rangers fought back.

"It must be those collars," Gold said.

Blue pushed back one of the foot soldiers before the Kyutama that Yellow dropped rolled on the ground next to him. "Now it's my time to shine," he said as he did the same thing as his fellow ranger and the same result occured.

"ERROR!"

"Error!?" Blue said before Denvil came out and hit the ranger with his whip. The Kyutama flew out of his hand as the ranger was forced back.

"Not so easy, is it?" Yellow said.

"Shut up!" Blue replied. He looked back at the monster, then ran towards him for an attack. The blue ranger performed a kick but the Malstrum's whip wrapped his leg before throwing him aside. Yellow quickly ran up to him and tried to punch the monster only for the attack to be dodged.

Denvil punched the ranger once there was an opening. "Haha, your team is so uncoordinated it's laughable. How did a group like you ever manage to beat one of Jark Matter's best?" he asked as he attacked the two with his whip.

Meanwhile Red punched one of the goons to the ground before turning to see his teammates become overwhelmed by the Malstrum. He then turned to see the Kyutama on the ground and quickly picked it up. "Why didn't this work for them?" Red asked.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to do something?" An unfamiliar voice said. The ranger looked around but saw no one that the voice could belong to. With very little options Red placed the white Kyutama into his blaster and pushed it back.

"PEGASUS KYUTAMA!"

"SAI ZA ATTACK!"

When he pulled the trigger something different happened. A bright light covered his body before an image of a winged horse flew into his chest. When the light died down the red ranger found a chest place with a horse head coming out the front and wings on the shoulders appeared. "What!? Armor," Red said in surprise

"Hey, don't call me any ordinary piece of armor," the same unfamiliar voice said.

Red looked around again for the voice before looking down at the armor. "Was-was it you talking?" the ranger asked.

"Of course it was, stupid," the voice said as the horse head on his chest jerked up. "And show some respect, the name is Mr. Pega!"

"A talking Kyutama!?" Green said as she saw the event unfold.

"Well it's nice to meet you Mr. Pega. Let's go help fight the Malstrum," Red said.

"Leave it to me," Mr. Pega said. Out of nowhere Red seemed to jump high up into the air and crashed into a group of Indavers. The red ranger continued to jump around the battlefield till all the foot soldiers were thrown into a pile. "Haha, how do you like that?" the armor asked.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Red said with his eyes spinning from all the jumping. Before he could recover, the armor forced him into the air again.

Blue and Yellow continued to get overwhelmed while fighting Denvil. Out of nowhere there was a Crash between the two rangers.

"Flash!?" Blue said, surprised at Red's arrival.

"How on Earth did Loverboy get the stupid thing to work?" Yellow asked.

"Cause out of the three of you, he was the one I decided to be the most qualified to wear me," Mr. Pega replied.

Green and Gold ran up to the others soon after. "Easy there lad," Gold said as he helped Red up.

"Uh, your coordination is worse then I thought. How do you expect victory if you don't act as one?" Denvil said as he gave his whip another snap. "Indavers! Formation 3!" he ordered. Six Indavers soon ran up in front of their commander and lined up in three rows of two and started firing at the rangers. Before the rangers could retaliate, a group of civilians formed a wall in front of them. Out of nowhere more Indavers came in and quickly attacked with their daggers. The wall of people soon ran off as the Rangers laid on the ground. "Behold how efficiency I'm able to command my troops. Now then, time to move out." Immediately both Indavers and civilians began marching in line in front of the Malstrum.

"Wait!" Red yelled out, but when the marching lines cleared out the monster was gone.

"Hey, we need to go after him," Mr. Pega said as he forced Red forward.

"Are you okay, Flash?" Green asked.

"Well I feel like I've just rode a roller coaster five times, but I'll be fine," Red said as he slowly got up.

"Hey why did you get in my way you dork!?" Yellow yelled as she stared down Blue.

"The only thing I got in the way of was that monster wiping the floor with you," Blue replied.

"I wouldn't need your help if that stupid armor worked right," Yellow said as she pointed at Red and Mr. Pega.

"Hey I worked perfectly," Mr. Pega said as he jerked forward. "It's hard to believe you lot call yourselves Kyurangers."

"Hey do you mind not pulling me around like a rag doll," Red said as he looked down at the armor. "Anyway we all should regroup on the ORION," he said as he removed the Kyutama from the Saiza Blaster. When his battle suit disappeared, his teammates looked at him with surprise. "What?"

"Um..." Blue led on.

Flash looked down, realizing what they were all staring at. Mr.Pega was still on his chest. "W-what are you still doing here?"

"I have my reasons," Mr. Pega said.

Seeing this, Gold quickly returned to his civilian form. Time Turner took off his trench coat and draped it over Flash. "We need to get out of here quickly. Our new friend here will certainly give away Flash's identity," Time Turner said. Blue and Yellow managed to set their fight to the side as the rangers all made their way back to their base.


"Mr. Pega, as incredible as ever," Shou said as he addressed the armor on Flash's chest after the team walked onto the bridge.

"Shou Ronbou, you're looking quite well," Mr. Pega replied.

The other Kyurangers just stared at the interaction their commander was having with the Pegasus. "Um Shou, would you mind introducing us to your friend?" Sweet Leaf asked.

"Ah yes, I really should tell this amazing journey," Shou said as he walked over to the table. The dragon then pulled out a stack of pictures and showed one of him with various environments behind him. "I've traveled the universe for the nine Kyutama of legend, the nine Kyutama you all use today. I've seen everything from molten seas to frozen wastelands. When I visited the Pegasus star system, that when I met Mr. Pega."

"After seeing the resolve Shou had for defeating Jark Matter, I decided to join him on his quest," Mr. Pega said as Shou changed the picture to one of the dragon holding a Kyutama with a mighty pegasus.

Shou then switched to another picture. This one was a picture of him wearing the Pegasus armor as he was fighting a great beast. "Together we fought many battles. After all the time we spent, I have the utmost trust in him.

"And that's why you put him in charge of deciding the leader?" Surgarcoat asked.

"Yes, and it appears he has chosen Flash as the leader," Shou said as he changed the picture he was holding to one with Flash on it. Ditzy then popped in, blowing a party favor.

"Congratulations bro," Bulk said.

"Wow, I don't know what to say," Flash said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"I know what to say!" Aria said, angry at the situation. "Why on Earth did is blue-haired loser going to be calling the shots?" she said as she pointed at Flash.

Mr. Pega bucked forward at Aria. "I thought it would be obvious but if you need me to spell it out: Flash was the only one who used me that focused on fighting the Malistrate," the armor said.

"Um Mr. Pega, as nice as it is to meet you, do you mind getting off me," Flash asked as he tried to pull the armor off. "I have to get to practicing with my band."

"I'm sorry but I have more important things to do," the armor said. "I may have picked you to be the leader, but that doesn't mean your team doesn't have a ways to go."

"Hey! We've beaten tons of Jark Matter's forces," Comet Tail interrupted.

"Actually I agree with the Pegasus," Sugarcoat chimed in. "From what I've seen this team is as uncoordinated as it looks."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Bulk snapped.

"Sugarcoat has a point. Remember the Friendship Games. Even though they weren't friends at the time, the Shadowbolts' teamwork was flawless," Flash said.

"Working on our team work wouldn't be a bad thing," Sweet Leaf said.

"So we are all in agreement," Shou shouted, grabbing everyone's attention. "We all shall take part in team building. And I know just how to do it."

The Kyurangers all looked at each other curious as to what their commander meant.


After a few minutes the team all gathered in a multipurpose room in the ORION. Shou stood before eight of the nine Rangers wearing a headband. "Alright Kyurangers, time to start our dance training," Shou announced as he held up a finger.

"Dance training?" Comet said, somewhat surprised at the mode of training they were partaking in. "We're fighting an invasion, not a talent show."

"We're not training on combat. We're training to work as a unit," Sugarcoat said as
she started to stretch out her muscles.

Meanwhile Ditzy was talking into her wristband. "Are you sure you can't get off work to train with us Big Mac?" Ditzy asked.

"Nope," Big Mac's voice said.

Ditzy's mood quickly got sadder after hearing Big Mac wouldn't be with them. "Ok then," she said before going back to the group.

"Alright then," Shou said. With the snap of his fingers music started to play. When it started the eight all tried their best to move with the beat. Comet, Sweet Leaf, Aria, and Time Turner were doing all right with keeping up. Bulk and Ditzy were having trouble with their movement. Sugarcoat, oddly enough, seemed to be too perfect with her movements. The one who was having the most trouble was Flash as Mr. Pega seemed to have taken control and was making him jump around wildly.

"Come on Flash, we need to move in sync," Mr. Pega said.

"It would be easier if you didn't make me jump around so much," Flash said before he ended up jumping into a wall.

Sweet Leaf looked at the others, then at Flash. "I should go get the first aid kit," she said.


Big Mac had just finished unloading the last crate of apples from his truck. Mrs. Cake gave Big Mac a smile with the delivery being complete. "Thank you Big Mac. I'm sure these apples will make a fine batch of pies," she said. Big Mac only gave a nod as he dusted off his hands. "So is this the last delivery of the day?" she asked.

"Eeyup," Big Mac said as he started to make his way to his truck.

Mrs Cake quickly ran back into the cafe's kitchen before coming out with a wrapped danish. "Here, call it a bonus for all your hard work," she said.

Big Mac took the baked good, said goodbye, and went to his truck. After a few minutes of driving and munching on his danish, he soon noticed people were starting to run away. Looking forward, Big Mac saw two figures walking right down the middle of the road.

One was a feminine looking creature with red skin with yellow spots all over. Her hair looked to be made from octopus tendrils under a large red hat and a gas mask over her face. The other one was a blue creature wearing a trench coat with shoulder armor. He had white tendrils going in all directions on his head and a skull-like face that looked to be made from blue crystal.

"Jeez, these jelly brains are useless," the octopus-themed monster said in an annoyed tone.

"Be patient Madakko, we can't expect to find our targets just out ink the open," the other creature said.

Big Mac looked at the two curiously before the one called Madakko placed her foot on the bumper of the truck. "Hey jelly brain, do you know where to find the Kyurangers?" she asked.

"Please excuse my associate, we have been very eager to find the Kyurangers," the blue creature said. "I am Ikagen and this is Madakko. We are Jark Matter's top assassins. You wouldn't happ-ink to know where they are, would you?"

Big Mac was silent for a moment as he turned to Madakko then back at Ikagen. "Ok, I'll take you to them. Get in," he said as he pointed his thumb to the back of his truck. The two assassins looked at each other with a nod before getting into the back of the truck.

After a few minutes the truck pulled into a construction site with no one around. When the engine died, the two assassins got out. "Jeez, why would anyone come to this dump?" Madakko said.

"Are you sure the Kyurangers are here?" Ikagen asked.

Big Mac walked a good distance away from his truck before turning. He dug through his jacket and pulled out his Kyutama before sliding the top layer. "Eeyup," he said as he placed the globe into his blaster.

"SCORPIUS KYUTAMA!"

"SAI ZA CHANGE!"

"Star Change," Big Mac said as he pointed his blaster to the ground and pulled the trigger. The scorpion construct appeared and passed over him to form his battle suit.

"Ahhh, the Kyurangers lead us into a trap!" Madakko yelled.

"Nope," the orange ranger said as he pulled out his Kyuza Weapon. "Just needed to get you somewhere no one was around," he said as he finished constructing his spear.

"KYU SPEAR!"

"That's rather noble of you, but pointless," Ikagen said as he pulled out a rifle and fired several shots.

Orange blocked the shots with his spear but he didn't see Madakko running towards him with a morning-star. The ranger dodged out of the way which allowed him to stab her with his spear. After being knocked back the assassin pulled out a blaster modeled after an octopus and shot it. Orange moved out of the way of fire but was quickly blindsided by Ikagen, who was holding his rifle by the barrel and the stock like an axe head to attack. The strike was strong enough to send the ranger flying. "Hmm, I'm starting to wonder how you managed to earn that bounty on your head," Ikagen said.

The orange ranger picked himself up and shot his blaster at the assassin. Ikagen threw his weapon into the air before dodging each shot. He caught his rifle and opened fire. One of the shots hit the orange ranger in the arm.

"I've never been this disappointed with a target before," Madakko said as she twirled her mace. Before they could get any closer, the ranger's scorpion tail extended out and dragged along the ground to kick up dust. The two assassins waved their hands to try to clear away the cloud. When it cleared the two found that the ranger disappeared. "Dang it! That jelly brain slipped away," Madakko said in anger.

"Don't worry Madakko. Ink only a matter of time till we get all of them," Ikagen said as the two turned around to leave. Unknown to the aliens, Big Mac was hiding closeby behind a pile of building material.


Day soon turned to night as the dance training went on before the team eventually went their separate ways. The doors to the bridge opened to allow Aria to walk in. When she walked in she saw Comet Tail sitting at the table. She went straight to the wall panel and got a warm drink. As she picked up the mug the turned to see the teen looking rather mopey. She let out a sigh as she turned around. "Why are you still here? Shouldn't you have gone home with the others?"

"I'm just thinking," he said without turning around. "Mr. Pega was right that Flash was more focused on saving everyone. I only wanted to live out some fantasy. I wanted so badly to be like one of the heroes like in a videogame or anime. That's why I wanted to form a rebellion when the invasion started. I was just stupid and selfish the more I think about it."

"Don't be too hard on yourself ya dork, I'm not so noble ether," Aria said as she took a sip of her drink. "I just wanted to be in charge. Adagio always called the shots, so I jumped at the chance to be leader."

"Why are you telling me this?" Comet asked.

"Don't know, maybe I'm stating to open up to you guys," Aria said as she took another sip of her drink. "Or maybe I'm just tired from all the noise that stupid alien is making next door to my room," she said, growing more angry.

"The more I looks back at all our battles, the more I realize just how amazing Flash was. More impressive then I was," Comet said.

"Don't sell yourselves short," a voice said. The two turned to see Shou standing in the doorway. "Flash works hard to get where he is and he still has a long road ahead of him. Just like you two, he has his own shortcomings. His lack of confidence prevents him from reaching his full potential. But he puts all his heart into overcoming all the obstacles before him. That's why he's still here training. You two can also get stronger if you put your minds to it," the dragon said as he made his way to his chair. Comet and Aria looked at each other, then to the doorway.


Meanwhile Flash was still performing the dance movies in the multipurpose room. After hours of practice Mr. Pega stopped making him jump around and the two started to act as one. "Hey I think I'm starting to get the hang of this," Flash said.

"Haha, I knew you had it in ya," Mr. Pega said happily.

After a few moments Flash stopped dancing and sat down by the wall. "Is it ok if we take a break?" Flash asked.

"Of course," Mr. Pega said. "Hey, while he have time to rest, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? I mean it's only fair since you know my story."

Flash put on a small smile as he thought of what to say. "Well I'm a student, oh and I play guitar in a band who I should be practicing with right now. We have a gig coming up and I don't think the guys are too happy with me blowing off practice. That's why I need you off my chest, no offense."

"I'm more offended that you wouldn't want me on stage with you. With me as your front man your performance would be out of the world," Mr. Pega said.

Flash let out a laugh at that comment. "I can't do that. We all agreed to keep our identities a secret. And I think having you on my chest would be a dead give away."

"And why do you want to keep it a secret?"

"Well..." Flash was quiet for a moment. "The real reason I want to keep it a secret is cause there a girl I kinda really liked. It didn't work out but we're still friends. I'm just afraid that if she found out I was doing this, she would just think I was doing all this to win her over." He paused for a moment to think about what he just said.

"Flash, I can't believe you'd think I would be so shallow. That I would just jump into your arms cause you’re some superhero. I thought you were better then that. I never want to see you again," Flash's imaginary image of Twilight said.

"I thought you moved on from this. I'm very disappointed in you Flash," An imaginary Sunset said.

"Calm down," Mr.Pega said, snapping Flash out of his thoughts. "Sorry if it was too touchy of a subject."


"It's fine, even if she does find out, I'll still fight to protect everyone," Flash said.

"And you won't be alone," Comet's voice said. Flash turned to see Comet Tail and Aria standing at the door way. Flash smiled when he saw his teammates, and Comet smiled back.

"Now let's get back to training. After all, we all need to get stronger."

Flash got up and gave a hi-five to Comet as she passed him. He then looked back to see Aria, questioning her presence. "Why are you here?" he asked.

Aria just gave Flash her usual cold glare. "Just shut up before I change my mind, Lover Boy," she said. Flash didn't want to ruin the moment and just rolled with it. The music started up again and the three started to dance together. It took awhile but soon they were able to move in sync. As there training continued more of the Kyurangers joined them and started to breed the same results as the eight started to move as a single unit.


Morning came as the controlled citizens of Cloudsdale were in the middle of morning exercises lead by the Malstrum. Denvil was delighted to see his captives following his instructions to the letter. As the monster turned around he saw Flash, Comet, Aria, Sweet Leaf, and Time Turner walking towards him.

"Hey is it a good idea for use to be out in the open like this?" Sweet Leaf asked.

"Of course, I spent all night analyzing those collars. Anyone wearing them are like dolls. They're not aware of their actions or what happening around them," Time Turner said.

"Your rule over this town is over," Flash announced.

"And how are you going to stop me? The only thing coordinated about you is your colors," Denvil said.

"After all the practice we put in you better take that back," Aria said as she clenched her fist.

"Are you ready Flash?" Mr. Pega asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Flash said as he pulled out his Kyutama. "Cosmic Slide!" he yelled as he the image of a lion was completed. The others did the same with their Kyutama before placing them into the Saiza Blaster.

"SAI ZA CHANGE!"

"Star Change!" they all yelled as they fired at the ground. Their constellations appeared before passing over the five, turning them into the Kyurangers. Red was still wearing the Pegasus armor over his battle suit.

"The Beast Star," Blue said as she swung his arms through the air. "Lupus Blue!"

"The Trick-star," the gold ranger said as he swung his arm through the air before giving a two-fingered salute. "Libra Gold!"

"The Stealth Star," Green said as she took a fighting pose. "Chameleon Green!"

"The Blade Star!" Yellow said as she cut through the air with her arms. "Dorado Yellow!"

"The Dancing Star!" Both Red and Mr. Pega announced at the same time. He performed a spin before pointing to the sky. "Pegasus Leo Red!"

"We're the stars of rebellion," Red said as he drew a circle in the air with his finger. "Uchuu Sentai..."

"Kyuranger!" everyone yelled.

"Alright everyone, Lets..." Red started before he was cut off.

""...get this party started,"," Mr. Pega finished.

"You really think you can match up with my tactical genius," Denvil said as he swung his whip. "Execute formation 37!" he ordered. Both Indavers and humans lined up in five rows of three before running forward.

"Let's show him what our dancing can do," Red said.

When the Indavers got close, they swung their daggers simultaneously. The five all dodged the attack just as synchronized before delivering a few punches. As if it was a dance routine, the rangers slid back before performing an uppercut.

The citizens rushed at them, but the Rangers pushed them back. "We can't hurt the citizens. it's not their fault they're fighting," Green said.

"It's ok. Like I said I've spent all night studying those collars," Gold said. He then pulled out a stick looking device and pressed a button. In a second the collars around the citizens' necks deactivated and fell off.
The people then regained consciousness. “What are we doing here?” one of them asked.

"I don't know, but we need to get out of here," another one said as he saw that they were between the Kyurangers and Jark Matter forces. Seeing their situation, everyone scattered away from the battlefield.

"That's awesome," Blue said. Five of the Invaders came up behind the Rangers. They all prepared to attack, but the rangers all performed a kick to push the soldiers away. As the fight continued the enemy forces were quickly overwhelmed.

"No! How could you five outmatch my maneuvers!?" Denvil yelled in anger.

"It's because we weren't forced to fight together," Blue said as he turned to Red. "What's our next move, Leader?"

Red could sense the vote of confidence Blue was giving him from under his helmet. "You guys keep fighting. Me and Mr.Pega will take out Denvil," the red ranger said as he assembled his sword. Blue nodded as he punched out another Indaver.

"It's time for this pegasus to take flight," Mr.Pega said as Red jumped into the air. In the air, the wings on the armor began to glow before they grew into a larger set of white wings. This allowed the ranger to take flight.

"You can fly!?" Red asked.

"Of course I can fly," Mr.Pega said. "I just didn't think you could handle it since you were about to blow chunks from just jumping around."

The ranger swooped down to perform a slash on Denvil. He repeated this again two more times before flying back to his team. "Alright guys let's show this guy what real teamwork looks like," Red said.

The other four Rangers nodded as they all pulled out their respective weapons and placed their Kyutama into the slots on them. Red pulled out the Pegasus Kyutama and placed it in the sword, which caused the blade to glow white.

"GALAXY!!!"

"All-Star Pegasus Impact!" all five yelled as they all swung their weapons. The five individual attacks came together into one mighty attack.

"Impossible, a team like yours can't out-maneuver me," Denvil yelled in terror before that attack hit.

"Nice work Leader," Blue said as he gave Red a pat on the back.

"Thanks but I didn't really do anything special," Red replied.

"Don't sell yourself short Flash," Mr. Pega said. "There's more to being a leader then just giving orders. You were able to inspire the others to improve their coordination with the team. You truly have the spirit of a pegasus and are worthy to be this team's leader."

"Yeah, your hard work made us want to train too," Green added.

"Good show," Gold followed. He then turned to Yellow, who seem to remain cold to the rest of the group.

"That attack may have worked to wipe out my troops but not me," Denvil's voice said. The team all turned to see that the Malistrate was still standing, yet very damaged. "Even with my soldiers gone I will still fight on," he announced before leaping into the air. He flew up high into the Moraimar that was in the middle of town. After a moment the large tower transformed into its robot form.

"Looks like the job not done yet,” Red said as he pushed the Kyutama to the side.

"SAI ZA GO!"

Flying in from the sky were the rangers' Voyagers. Giant Kyutama appeared around the rangers allowing them to pilot their ships. Once they were in, the rangers pushed their Kyutama to the side to activate the combination.

"SAI ZA DOCKING!"

The five ships quickly came together to form their giant robot. Blue and Yellow formed the arms while Gold and Green formed the legs.

"KYUREN-OH!!!"


The Moraimar swung it's spear but Kyuren-Oh blocked with its sword. With the two robots locked, the Chameleon Voyager's mouth opened and its tongue snaked out. It quickly swung across the Moraimar's legs to force it back. Kyuren-Oh then got up to punch with the arm made from the wolf shaped ship.

"Flash, it's time for the grand finale," Mr. Pega said. Red nodded as he pulled out the pegasus Kyutama, placed it into his blaster, and pushed it back twice.

"SUPER GALAXY!"

The red Kyutama in Kyuren-Oh's chest changed from red to white before an energy construct of a horse head appeared on its chest. Wings made of energy appeared on the robot's back which allowed it to soar into the sky. Once it was airborne Kyuren-Oh performed a flip before performing a kick as it fell back to Earth. "Kyuren-Oh Pegasus Wing Brake!" the five rangers yelled. The entire robot started to glow white before its impact with the Moraimar and destroying it.

"Nice job team," Red said.

"It's all thanks to you leader," Blue replied.

"Good work Flash, *yawn*," Mr. Pega said in a tired tone.

"What's wrong Mr. Pega?" Red asked.

Mr. Pega yawned again. "Nothing is wrong, I'm just tired. I've used a lot of energy helping you and your friends," Mr. Pega said.

"So does that mean you need to go back into the Kyutama?" Green asked through the cockpit's screen.

"Yes but I need to tell you something before I do," Mr. Pega said as he looked up at the rangers. "I just want to wish you good luck Flash. Good luck in leading your team and good luck with your performance tonight. I hope one day we could fight together again," the pegasus said. He let out one last yawn before he started to glow white. In a flash the armor turned into light and flew into the Kyutama.

No longer wearing the armor, Red held up the Kyutama for a moment. "Thanks for everything Mr. Pega," Red said in a somber tone.


After the battle, the town of Cloudsdale was freed and the Kyurangers went home. Flash met up with his bandmates Drum Roll and Ringo. Although Flash had to explain that things happened to him that were out of his control, they still weren’t happy with how Flash just blew off their practise. After promising to buy them lunch for the next month, Drum Roll and Ringo forgave Flash and they managed get at an hour of practice in before their performance.

Once they got to the restaurant the Flash Drives performed their song for the owner, a woman who looked to be in her early thirties with dark orange skin and yellow hair. She wore a black leather vest with yellow shirt. She had a black tribal tattoo with a flower in the middle of it on her for arm.

Once the song finished, the owner pulled out a lollipop and put it in her mouth. "So, you guys think you can perform on my stage" she asked.

"Well um..." Flash started before he was interrupted.

"Don't answer, I can see your pretty stressed out about this," the owner said. "Your band has a long way to go. But you guys are only going to get better with practise. How about I start you guys playing every Tuesday and see where that goes?"

Flash turned to his bandmates, who gave him a smile that told him what they were thinking. "That would be great Miss?" Flash said.

"Call me Marigold," the owner said as she extended her hand. Flash crouched down on the stage to shake her hand. "Welcome aboard Young Blood."

The band all hi-fived at their new permanent gig.

To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

some head canon that I don't think will be in the story but relates to the first part of the chapter. Flash hates Country music, this leads to him and Applejack arguing sometimes.

anyway this chapter was edited by the always amazing Sunflower1414

a few announcements

First: I'm still looking for a back up editor who can edit the chapters when Sunflower is unavailable. if your interested please PM me.

Second: The fic will be taking a brake for the holidays. expect new chapters to come out by late January/early February. so Marry Charismas and Happy Holidays.

Like always please comment, Feedback is always welcome.