• Published 18th May 2017
  • 2,967 Views, 248 Comments

Shining Lucky Stars - Axle the Cobalt Exorcist



9 heros chosen by the stars to start a rebelion to stop the Jark Matter Shogunate from not only conquering Earth but also the univers

  • ...
9
 248
 2,967

Space13: Make way for a Big Star

It was another beautiful day in Canterlot and it started the same way it has recently, with a giant robot battle. Kyuren-Oh was locked in battle with a Moraimar in it robot form. Kyuren-Oh’s arms were being piloted by Pink and Green and its legs were piloted by Blue and Yellow. The Kyurangers’ robot performed a punch with the Chameleon Voyager but it was blocked my the Moraimar’s spear. “You’re going down, Mothma,” Red declared.

Within the Moraimar was the Malistrate piloting it. A moth-headed creature with a shimmering green robe and two long, furry arms with claws a the end. “Don't be too confident Kyuranger,” Mothma said as he pushed the controls forward. The enemy robot’s head began to charge with energy before firing a blast at the rangers.

Kyuren-Oh blocked the blast with the wing blade of the Aquila Voyager. “This one will end it for you, you big bug,” Pink said as she pulled out a green Kyutama, sliding the top layer to form the image of a peacock before inserting it into her blaster.

PAVO KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

The eagle voyager arm began to glow green and the wings started to look like peacock feathers. With one mighty swing of the arm, the feathers fired off the arm right at the giant robot. The Moraimar started to fall apart as Mothma started to laugh. “HEHEHE, all according to plan,” The monster said as he jumped out of his robot, shining moth wings unfolding from his back. The Malistrate was unnoticed by the Kyurangers as he released a light dust storm over Kyuren-Oh.

“Now that was an awesome win,” Blue said as he dusted off his hands. “We are getting good at fighting these alien war machines,”

“The less of those things the better,” Green added.

“If this is how Jark Matter ran things, I’m surprised they rule the universe,” Yellow said.

“Come on guys, let's get back to base,” Red said as Kyuren-Oh separated into the five ships that made it up. The ships then flew back into orbit, unaware of the plan Mothma had set into motion.


Once the rangers got back to the ORION they entered the bridge, proud of their recent victory. “Those goons just keep getting easier to beat,” Flash said as he walked through the door. When he did, he found Bulk and Shady with several Kyutama on the table. “Hey, what are you guys up to?”

“I’m glad you’re here,” Shady said as Flash just noticed the young boy wearing Bulk’s Saiza Blaster.

“Bulk, Why is Shady wearing your blaster?” Comet asked.

“Little guy won’t give up on being a Kyuranger. I figured I’d just humour him,” Bulk answered.

Shady held up a black Kyutama and slid the top layer just like he saw everyone else did to form the image of a dog. “Prepare to meet the newest Kyuranger,” Shady said as he placed the Kyutama into the blaster and pushed it forward.

“CANES VENATICI KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA CHANGE!”

“Star change!” Shady yelled as swung his arm over his head before grabbing the trigger and pulling it. The bridge was silent Shady waited for something to happen but nothing did. “Awww.”

“It was a good try Shady, but you need to have been chosen by the Kyutama to be a Kyuranger,” Ditzy said as she tried to make the young boy feel better.

“How come Shou can be a Kyuranger and I can’t?” Shady asked in a huff.

“I already explained it to you,” Comet said as he sat down.

“This isn’t something you can rush Shady,” Flash said as he rustled up the young boy’s hair. “My younger brother was the same way when he was practising baseball. He always said he was going to hit a home run on his first try. Just give it time and you’ll find your place in the fight against Jark Matter.”

Shady just stayed quiet as he placed the black Kyutama back on the table. As he did, a cyan Kyutama caught his eye. “Come on Shady, give back my blaster and I'll take ya home,” Bulk said. In one swift motion Shady took the cyan Kyutama and ran towards the door. “Shady!” Bulk yelled as the young boy ran away.

“I know I can be a Kyuranger!” Shady yelled back as he ran through the door and towards the warp point back to Earth.

“Come on Bulk, we need to make sure he doesn't hurt himself,” Flash said as he started to go after him.

“And get my blaster back too,” Bulk added as he followed. The two boys ran through the doorway, bumping into Time Turner as he was entering the bridge.

“Um, there is a small child running through the ship. Is that something we should be worried about?” Time Turner said as he along with Big Mac and Sugarcoat entered.

“It's just something that Bulk saved off the side of the road,” Aria said from the couch.

“It's a long story but the short version is that the little guy wants to be a Kyuranger,” Comet explained. “You guys actually missed a lot. Shou had just become a Kyuranger himself.”

“That’s brilliant!” Time Turner exclaimed. “Ohhh let me guess, you used my theory on Kyu-energy transference.”

“You know it,” Comet said with a big grin on his face. “Though I did see your math was wrong in a few spots. I'm amazed I was able to correct it in so little time, and even then it was a long shot that it was going to work.” Comet and Time Tuner kept going back and forth while the others didn't understand a word they were saying.

“The old man being a Kyuranger? It's a miracle he can fight at all,” Sugarcoat said as she turned to the Commander.

“Why do you have to be so mean!?” Shou cried as his accomplishments were being belittled.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” Sugarcoat asked. Before anyone could say another word, the lights on the ship went out.

“Hay, what's the big idea!?” shouted Aria.

“We probably blew a fuse. No problem,” Time Turner said in a calm tone. The off-world man then walked over to a box on the wall and opened it to reveal a large switch. “I'll just switch on the auxiliary power and then we can get this whole mess sorted out,” he said as he flipped the switch. When he did nothing happened, which prompted Time Turner to try and flip the switch several more times with no new results. “Ok, we have a major problem now.”


Shady ran full speed out of the school and into the sports field. Even though he knew it was wrong to steal from Bulk, he wanted to show them he could be a Kyuranger. He was so focused on trying to prove his point that he didn’t notice someone else was was on the field. The young boy didn't see where he was going and was knocked to the ground. “Watch where you're going ya brat,” the other person said.

“Oh I’m…” Shady cut himself off when he saw who he bumped into. It was Mothma who was looking down at him. All Shady could do was back away slowly.

“You’re a brat that doesn’t pay attention. Is that what you were going to say?” Mothma said. As he looked over the child he saw the Saiza Blaster he was wearing. “Wait, why do you have a one of the Kyuranger’s blasters?”

“It’s cause…” Shady stalled as he got to his feet. Any other normal kid would have gone running, but that’s not what Shady had planned. He saw this as his opportunity. This was the moment he could show off his courage like in his comics and become a hero. In his pocket he slid the top layer of the Kyutama to form the image of a large bear. “It’s cause I’m the newest Kyuranger.” Shady declared as he placed the Kyutama into the blaster.

URSA MAJOR KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA CHANGE!”

“Star Change!” Shady yelled as he pulled the trigger. Unfortunately there was the same result as all the other attempts: nothing happened.

“Is something supposed to be happening, kid?” Mothma asked. Any courage Shady had at this point melted away. He realize that trying to take on a monster on his own was the stupidest thing he had ever done. As he started to freeze up, Shady just remembered that there was one function of the Saiza Blaster that didn't require a Kyutama. Shady threw his arm forward and pressed the button on the grip,shooting a bolt of energy at the monster. “Why you little…” Mothma yelled as he used his arms to attack the young boy with his claws.

Shady started to run away as fast as he could as the monster swung his claws wildly. The monster’s attacks started to rip up the ground which made it harder for Shady to avoid the attack. One of the clumps of dirt that was dug up hit Shady in the back of his head and forced him to the ground. As he fell the Ursa Major Kyutama was pushed back.

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

“This is what happens when you assault a Malistrate when he’s taking a relaxing walk,” Mothma said as he raised his claws for a final attack. In one last ditch effort to stall till help came, Shady closed his eyes and fired off his blaster. Only this time something different happened. Instead of an energy orb, it was something that could only be described as a spirit. The spirit moved incredibly fast as it knocked back Mothma. “Forget this! I have other business I need to tend too,” Mothma said before unfolding his wings and flying away.

Shady finally opened his eyes to see the spirit floating in front of him. The spirit looked like a bear-like alien with blue fur and was wearing a similar outfit as the one Shou wore. “W-who are you?” Shady asked.

“I am Supreme Commander Big Bear,” The ghost said as he looked down at the child. Shady’s eyes went wide as he recognized the name the ghost called himself. “I need your help, young one.”


By the time Bulk and Flash finished looking through the school and exited to the sports field, all they found was a bunch of dug-up earth.”Oh man, I hope Shady wasn’t in the middle of whatever happened here,” Bulk said.

“Hey, it may not have been a monster attack. For all we know it could have been the motocross team practicing,” Flash said, trying to calm Bulk’s thoughts about his little friend. “We’ll get your blaster back, Bulk.”

“It’s not the blaster I’m worried about,” Bulk said as he crossed his arms. “Shady thinks that all it takes to be a Kyuranger is a blaster on your wrist and a ball from space. And though I respect the little guy’s guts it's clear that he isn't meant to be a saviour of the universe.”

“Wow Bulk, that was really mature of you to say,” Flash said as he turned around to his friend standing with a stoic face. He would have looked like a real tough guy if it wasn't for the fact that he was failing at holding back his tears. “Um?”

“I just don't want anything to happen to the little guy,” Bulk managed to get out through his worried crying.

“It will be fine big guy,” Flash said as he lightly jabbed his side. He then pulled out the black Kyutama Shady had on the ship. “This will help us find him,” he said as he placed the Kyutama into his blaster.

“CANES VENATICI KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

“Shou told us that the Canes Venatici Kyutama can enhance one’s sense of smell,” Flash said as he pulled the trigger and the construct of the hounds constellation appeared before passing over his body. The teen was silent as he closed his eye and took a deep breath through his nose. “I think I got something,” Flash said as he started running with Bulk following.


On the ORION the bridge was filled with open panels with wires coming out of them. Using flashlights to see, the rangers were working as fast as they could to find the problem with the ships power. “We really have to hurry up guys,” Comet said as he used a drill to open another panel.

“Auxiliary power is still down and the emergency batteries for life support are running low. I’d say we have about another hour before complete shut down,” Sugarcoat said as she was looking for the problem through the control console.

“So why were we just sitting here instead of using the Linktama or our Voyagers to get out?” Aria asked.

“The Linktama used the power of the ship to create the wormhole connecting the ship to Earth. It is the first artificially-made Kyutama so it can't draw its power from the cosmos,” Shou explained.

“And the Voyager launch bay is sealed so we can’t use them either,” Sweet Leaf added.

“This makes no sense, everything looks like it’s in perfect working order,” Time Turner said as he sorted through the wires.

“It could be sabotage,” Aria brought up.

“If it is then how is whoever doing it accomplishing it?” Time Turner said as he pondered this problem.

“Maybe Flash and Bulk can find out who is messing with the ship on Earth,” Ditzy suggested.

“They could if they knew there was a problem. With the power gone so is our communication array,” Sugarcoat said.

“I think I can rig up a signal booster.” Comet said.

“Excellent, get on it Comet. Time Turner, I want you to leave no stone unturned in finding the source of this sabotage,” Shou ordered.

“On it,” Time Turner said as he ran through the bridge door.


Flash followed the scent of Shady all the way to Main Street. Once they got there Flash took in a few more deep sniffs. “Dang it, there's something blocking his scent. Smells good though,” Flash said as he looked around.

“It might be the sushi truck over there,” Bulk said as he pointed to an underwater-themed truck parked next to the curb. As the two got closer they saw a familiar blue hoodie standing at the counter on the side of the truck. However something was very off about Shady, mainly the fact that his hair was light blue, almost matching his skin then its usual navy.

“One Spicy Salmon hand roll with extra pickled ginger,” the girl in the truck said as she handed the sushi roll to the young boy.

“Thank you very much,” Shady said but not in his normal voice, instead his voice was much older and gruffer. The girl in the truck didn't really pay it any mind as as the young boy turned around and took a bite out of the hand roll. “Mmmhhh, it’s been so long since I had fish this good.”

“Shady!” Flash’s voice yelled, catching the young boy’s attention.

“Do they mean me?” Shady thought out loud. Shady turned around with zero time to react as Bulk ran towards him and picked up his small body.

“Im so happy you're alright,” Bulk said as he put Shady into a bear hug.

“Get off me,” Shady protested.

It was now that Flash noticed that something was off with Shady, mostly the change in voice and hair color. “Bulk, I think it’s too soon to say Shady is alright,” Flash said.

Shady somehow managed to break free of Bulk’s grip to then confront to two teens. “I am not this Shady you speak of. I am Supreme Commander Big Bear,” the young boy declared.

“Bro isn’t that the same name as Shou’s commander?” Bulk whispered into Flash’s ear.

“Yeah but that's impossible. We know something is up with Shady but we can’t do it out in the open,” Flash whispered back. Bulk nodded before the two turned back to Shady.


Back up in space Libra Gold was currently flouting outside of the ORION. With a tether tied around his waist, the ranger slowly drifted till he touched down onto the “club” of the ship. Gold then made sure the magnets on his boots were on before pulling out a green Kyutama. “Alright ORION ya big fella, I'm just going to make sure no jamming devices ended up on your exterior,” Gold said before forming a microscope image on the Kyutama and placing it in his blaster.

MICROSCOPIUM KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

When Gold pulled the trigger, a green circle appeared around the area he was standing. “Alright, now it's time to take a closer look,” Gold said as he crouched down to take a closer look. As he did a holographic screen came out from the circled area. On the screen the gold ranger was surprised to find that there were tiny larva-like monsters on it. “Comet are you seeing this?” Gold asked as he held up his wrist-mounted blaster.

On the ship Comet was watching a live feed of what the gold ranger was watching on his own hologram screen. “I am Time Turner. That is definitely not normal,” Comet said as everyone gathered around him to see.

“Is that's what's causing the problem?” Ditzy asked.

“That's my best guess Ditzy,” Gold answered.

“They kinda look like that moth guy we beat,” Aria pointed out.

“So Mothma is the cause of this,” Sweet Leaf added. “But how could he be doing this? We defeated him.”

“That's probably what he wanted you to think. He probably planted those larva on the voyagers, and when you came back to base they hatched on the ORION. His plan all along was to trap us here,” Sugarcoat explained.

“But Flash and Bulk are back on Earth. If Mothma is still alive then they can defeat him and get the ship back to normal,” Ditzy said.

“If that's the case, I need to really need to finish the amplifier,” Comet said as he turned off the feed with the gold ranger.


Flash and Bulk took their younger friend into one of the nearby back alleys. Once they were away from prying eyes, the ghost of Big Bear explained everything. “So Mothma is still alive and attacked Shady, who used the Ursa Major Kyutama to defend himself. As a result Shady summoned your spirit and now you're possessing his body?” Flash recapped.

“That’s what I just finished explaining. What is it that you don't understand?” Big Bear said as he took a bite from his hand roll.

“I don't understand how your ghost ended up inside of a Kyutama,” Flash stated.

The young boy finished his sushi roll before he took a proud stance with his arms crossed. “When I sacrificed my body to save Shou Ronbou, my fighting spirit remained. My desire to see Jark Matter defeated lived on in my fighting spirit and was channeled through the Kyutama of my home system. Whan Shady activated the Kyutama, that fighting spirit was given form,” Big Bear said.

“Big Bear, with all due respect I can't let you bring Shady’s body into battle. He’s just a kid after all,” Bulk said.

“If your afraid I’m holding this boy against his will, I assure you he was more then willing to join the against Jark Matter. I even asked him before possessing him,” Big Bear said.

“That’s not the point!” Bulk yelled as he threw his fist to the side. “Shady is just a kid, he can’t fight in a war.”

After a moment of silence, Big Bear let out a sigh. “I guess you have a point,” he said before his spirit left Shady’s body. Once the ghost of Big Bear was out in the open he then flew into Flash’s body. His hair turned light blue as a big grin took over his face. “Is this better?” Big Bear’s voice asked as it came out of Flash’s mouth.

“No um maybe um,” Bulk said as he was tripping over the words he wanted to say. In his debate to find the right words, a call tone filled the air.

Big Bear’s spirit left the teen’s body, returning Flash back to normal. “I’ll go answer this Bulk. Why don’t you talk to Shady and get your blaster back?” Flash suggested as he walked over to the side.

Shady shook his head for a moment in order to regain his senses. “Are you mad at me Bulk?” Shady asked.

“I can't really be mad at you bro,” Bulk said as he patted Shady’s shoulder. “I can understand the desire to be strong and how frustrating it can be to get there.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, you think I was just born like this?” Bulk said as he performed a double bicep flex. “I use to be a pretty small guy back in middle school. In fact I was bullied a ton. Maybe more then you have.”

“So what happened?” Shady asked.

“My parents saw how upset I was. They told me if I wanted to be a better me then I needed to work for it. For my birthday they got me my first set of five pound dumbbells. Every day I would work out with them till I couldn't feel the weight of them any more. I then moved on to ten pound weights and I just kept moving up. It was hard; I’ve cried a few times along the way but I never gave up,” Bulk said with Shady looking up to him. “I’m not saying you’ll never be a Kyuranger. I’m just saying it will happen when it happens.”

“Do you really think so?” Shady asked.

“YEAH!” Bulk yelled.

“Then I’ll work just as hard as you,” Shady said. “Oh, and sorry I stole this,” he said as he took of the Saiza Blaster and returned it back to its rightful owner.

“Glad to see you’re back in action,” Flash said as he ran up to the two. “We need to get it in gear. The others are running out of time and we need to find Mothma fast.”

Bulk nodded before looking back to Shady. “Hey, want to help us out in finding the monster?” Bulk asked.

“Yeah I can help with that,” Shady answered.

“Alright Kyurangers, let's head out!” the ghost of Big Bear announced.

“You're not the commander anymore,” Flash mentioned.

Big Bear turned around to hit Flash. “Even in death I’m still the commander,” the commander said as he pointed forward.


On the ORION the kyurangers were starting to grow weak as air was growing thin. Comet looked at his watch, seeing that everyone only had about another fifteen minutes of oxygen left. Everyone was trying to move as little as possible to prevent them from running out of air quicker. Hope was looking bleak for the kyurangers with their lives in the hands of the only two teammates who were on earth. “Come on guys. We’re all counting on you,” Comet said in a soft voice.


Searching as fast as they could Flash, Bulk, and Shady eventually found themselves behind the town mall. The three were trying their best to get the Malistrate out in the open but the task was proving too difficult for them. “Come on, bug brain, show yourself!” Shady yelled in an attempt to bait the monster out.

“That's not going to work Shady. The guy practically won. There's no way he would endanger his win by just standing out in the open,” Flash said.

As if on cue, Mothma had just walked in front of the three humans holding what looked like a fruit smoothie. The three boy’s jaws dropped at how ridiculously lucky they must have been for an event like this to happen. “Ahhh, nothing like a reward for a job well done. Those kyurangers must be running out of air any minute now,” Mothma gloated as he took another sip of his drink. The Malistrate then turned around to see the three high schoolers still frozen by the coincidence that just occured. “What are you doing here!?” Mothma yelled as he dropped his smoothie in surprise.

Flash quickly regained his cool as he held up his blaser. “Oh, we were just going out for some air,” Flash said, trying too hard to be cool.

“Um bro, it’s just us here,” Bulk pointed out.

“It wasn't even that good of a one-liner,” Shady added.

“Well if you think you can stop me you're sorely mistaken,” Mothma announced as a squadron of Indavers appeared in front of him. A Tsuyoindaver appeared behind the humans, also ready to attack.

“There might be two of us, but that's more then enough to take you down,” Flash said as he and Bulk pulled out their Kyutama.

“You’re going to stay back this time Shady?” Bulk asked as he looked back to the young boy. Shady gave Bulk a nod before hiding behind a nearby dumpster. With their friend safe, the two boys placed their Kyutama into their blasters.

LEO KYUTAMA!”

“TAURUS KYUTAMA!”

“Star Change!” The two yelled as they pulled the trigger. The constructs of their constellations appeared before passing over the two and changing them into their kyuranger form. Red charged in with his sword into the group of Indavers while Black took care of the Tsuyoindaer with his axe.

Black swung his axe but the Tsuyoindaver knocked it away with his club. The alien then tried its own attack, but the black ranger caught the weapon with his hand before counter-attacking with his axe. The alien was pushed back, giving Black an opening to charge into it with his shoulder. “YEAH!” Black yelled when the Tsuyoindaver hit the ground.

The squad of Indavers opened fire on Red, who was blocking the blasts with the broad side of his sword. Once he was close enough he swung, but one of the gray goons blocked it with its dagger. The red ranger took this opportunity to punch out the Indaver before turning around to the rest of the group. When he did three Indavers brought their blades down, forcing Red to jump back. “I think it’s time to take the high ground,” the ranger said as he pulled out a green Kyutama with the image of a lizard on it.

LACERTA KYUTAMA!”

When the ranger pulled the trigger, the image of a lizard appeared before it passed over him. A green aura appeared around his feet. He then jumped over the group of Indavers, causing all of them to follow till he seemed to disappear behind them. “Up here ya numbskulls!” Red’s voice yelled, causing the Indavers to look up. Standing on the wall was the red ranger, who was standing on the wall the same way he would as if he was standing on the ground. Red aimed his blaster and fired several shots at the goons, knocking them all down.

With the Indavers down the ranger jumped back onto the ground where he was met with a surprise attack from Mothma. “You may have been able to defeat my soldiers on your own, but let’s see how will you fare against me!” the moth monster said as he swung his claws at Red. Red managed to get in a few good slashes in on the monster but Mothma eventually took to the skies.

“That highground trick isn't going to work on me,” the red Ranger said as he pointed his blaster at the monster. However before he had a chance to shoot, two of the Indavers grabbed his arms and pulled him back. Mothma then fired several beams at the ranger, causing enough damage to cancel out his transformation and send his kyutama flying.

“Hehehe, you Kyurangers are so weak on your own,” Mothma said as he landed and picked up the Leo Kyutama. He then laughed again as he looked at Flash still being held by the Indavers.

Shady saw this from his hiding spot. He was scared of what the monster was going to do to Flash. “Bulk, do something!” Shady yelled as he turned to the black ranger.

“Kinda have my hands full,” Black said as he and the Tsuyoindaver were in a deadlock..

Shady then turned to find the ghost of Big Bear watching the fight next to him. “Big Bear, can’t you do something?” Shady asked.

Big Bear just looked down to Shady. “I’m sorry, but my connection Kyutama is growing weak. I can’t fight this Malistrate like I did when you first summon me,” The commander explained.

“There has to be something we can do,” Shady said.

“I’m sorry,” Big Bear said. Shady looked back to see his friend still in danger.

Mothma slowly made his way to Flash, who was trying to force his way out of capture. “Foolish human. If you were to have stayed with your friends on the ship, this would be a lot less painful,” the monster said. As the Malistrate had raised his claws he suddenly felt something grab him by the waist. Looking down, Mothma found Shady making an attempt to restrain him. “What is this?” Mothma asked as he tried to shake the child off due to his arms being too long.

“What are you doing Shady?” Flash asked as he continued to break free.

“You’re a Kyuranger, Flash. You already saved so many people. It’s about time someone returned the favor. Even if it’s just buying you a few moments,” Shady said as he tried to hang on.

“Bulk, do something!” Flash yelled.

The Black Ranger heard this and punched the Tsuyoindaver in the head before taking out his Kyutama and placing it into his axe.

“GALAXY!”

“Aldebaran Impact!” Black yelled as purple energy built up around his axe.With a mighty swing, Black launched a spinning blade of energy. The blade hit one of the Indavers that was holding Flash before flying past the Malistrate. Shady quickly let go of Mothma as the blade of energy acted like a boomerang and hit the monster in the back as well as the other Indaver. When Mothma hit the ground, the Leo Kyutama fell out of his hand. “YEAH!” Black yelled with the success of his attack.

“What were you thinking Shady?!” Flash asked as he ran over to the young child.

“I couldn't stand by while my friend was in trouble,” Shady said on the verse of tears.

“You could have gotten hurt, Shady,” Flash said, wanting to be mad at the young boy for doing something so dangerous. Try as he might, all Flash could do was cracked a smile and rustled his head. “But I’d be lying if I said I wouldn't have done the same thing.”

“Yes, you have shown that you have what it takes to be a Kyuranger,” Big Bear’s voice said as he floated over to the two. “That is, if you still want to be one?”

“Of course I still want to be a Kyuranger, but do you really think I’m ready?” Shady asked.

“You got a lot of guts kid. I’d say you'd do just fine,” Black said as he walked up to the group to give Shady a thumbs up.

Big Bear then let out a low chuckle. “Then it’s settled. As the spirit that resides in the Ursa Major Kyutama, I give the last of my mower to you. May you see the day that my dream comes true and Jark Matter falls,” the ghost said as his spirit turned into an orb of light. “Oh, and when you see Shou, tell him I’m proud of the crew he has assembled.”

The light of the orb dimmed before it turned into two sky blue kyutama that fell into Shady’s hands. One was the Ursa Major Kyutama from before, and the other had the image of a smaller bear on it. The Energy flowed from the little bear kyutama down Shady’s arm to form into a Saiza Blaster.

“Come on Shady, it’s time to live your dream,” Flash said as he picked up the Leo Kyutama and placed it into the blaster. Shady followed with the little bear kyutama.

LEO KYUTAMA!”

URSA MINOR KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA CHANGE!”

“Star Change!” the two yelled as they changed into their battle suits. Shady’s outfit was a sky blue version of Flash’s. The image of a bear formed his black visor with small ears on top. There was a long scarf-like addition around his neck with a white ball on the end. Instead of gloves on his hands, the small ranger sported mittens.

“Do you really think a child will help you against me?” Mothma asked as he finally recovered.

“We almost forgot about you,” Black said as he cracked his knuckles.

“The Super Star," Red yelled as he gave his thumbs up pose. "Leo Red!"

"The Ring Star," Black yelled as he pounded his fists together and raised them to the sky. "Taurus Black, YEAH!"

“The Big Star!” the sky blue ranger yelled as he stood tall with both hands on his hips. “Ursa Sky Blue!

“We’re the stars of rebellion,” Red announced as he drew a circle in the air “Uchuu Sentai…”

“Kyuranger!” Black and Sky Blue followed as the three posed.

“Let’s Rocket, guys,” Red said as he pointed forward with his sword.

“Please, one more ranger isn’t going to make a difference,” Mothma declared. More Indavers showed up and were ready for a fight.

“Are you sure you can handle this?” Black asked as he looked down at Sky Blue.

“There's only one way to find out,” Sky Blue said as he took his scarf into his hands and started to swing it around. The small ranger followed the other two into the group of goons.Sky Blue managed to hit several of the Indavers by swinging his scarf wildly. When they saw that they weren't going to get close to the ranger, the Indavers began to fire at him. Sky Blue managed to dodge the attack before Black came in to knock out the three Indavers with his axe. “Thanks bro,” Sky Blue said.

“YEAH!” Black yelled before returning to the fight.

Red swung his sword at Mothma, but the monster blocked it with his claw. The ranger then stepped back for a moment before thrusting his sword at Mothma, landing a direct hit.”You can save us all a lot of trouble and return power back to the ship,” Red demandes as he pressed on with his attack.

“Why would I give up when I’m so close to victory,” Mothma replied as he unfolded his wings and started to fly. Once in the air the malistrate began to fire blasts of energy at the red ranger. The ranger rolled out of the way. Red was now stuck using his sword to black the monsters attack.

“Shady, think you can give Flash a hand?” Black said as he punched out another Indaver.

Sky Blue stopped firing his blaster to see Red was in trouble again. “I think I can with a little help,” the ranger said as he pulled out the Ursa Major Kyutama.

URSA MAJOR KYUTAMA!”

“SAI ZA ATTACK!”

When Sky Blue pulled the trigger the construct of a large bear appeared before passing over his body with a blue aura. Soon the small ranger began to grow in size till he was about fifteen feet tall. “Wow, this is awesome!” the ranger said as he looked over his new size.

“Focus, Shady,” Black reminded the young boy.

“Right,” Sky Blue said as he made his way over to the red ranger. Mothma was so focused on keeping Red pinned that he didn’t notice Ursa Sky Blue’s growth spurt. Once the larger ranger took up Mothma’s field of view it was too late and thanks to his size, Sky Blue was able to ground the Malistrate with a single swat. “What do you think of me now, bug?” the ranger asked as he shrank down back to normal size.

“That was a huge save Shady,” Red said as he patted the young boy on the shoulder. “I think the final blow should go to you.”

“I’ll do my best,” Sky Blue said as he pulled out his scarf. He took the ball at the and of scarf and slid it to the side to reveal an opening. He then took the Ursa Minor Kyutama and placed in in the port.

“GALAXY!”

The sky blue ranger then started to swing the scarf over his head several time as the orb at the end grew several times larger. Once it was the size of a wrecking ball Sky Blue threw the weapon at the monster. “Polar Impact!” The ranger yelled as the wrecking ball began to fall right down onto Mothma.

“Being crushed is no way for a moth’s life to end!” Mothma yelled before the large ball smashed into him with a large explosion.

“Not bad for your first baddie,” Black said as he lifted Sky Blue onto his shoulder.

“And you also saved everyone on the ORION,”Red followed.

“Well I may be small, but if I keep at it I know I can keep up will you guys,” Sky Blue said with a smile under his helmet.


On the ORION, hope was looking bleak. Comet had looked at his watch and estimated that they only had a minute of air left. Everyone looked scared with Ditzy holding on to Sweet Leaf for comfort, to Time Turner looking stoic as he looked out to the window, to Aria punching the wall in anger. All hope seemed lost as everyone took their last breath.

And then the lights came on.

Everyone was surprised by the sudden light that filled the room. The vents hummed as air began circulating again, indicating that life support was back online. Everyone let out a cheer at the fact that they were going to live to see another day.

“All systems are in the green. Power is fully restored,” Sugarcoat said as she looked at the console.

“Flash and Bulk did it,” Ditzy cheered.

“I always knew they would come through for us,” Shou said proudly.

“Really? Then why were you cowering in the corner?” Aria pointed out.

“Ummmm,” was all Shou could say as he looked down at his two fingers tapping together.

“Come on, we should do a full sweep of the ORION’s systems to make sure that this is the last we see of Mothma,” Time Turner said, being much more excited about performing maintenance than he should.


It didn’t take long for Comet, Time Turner, and Sugarcoat to perform a full inspection of the ship. No trace of Mothma’s controlling larva was found: gone the way of the malistrate that planted them.

As the three were finishing their sweep, Flash and Bulk were bringing the others up to speed on the newest Kyuranger around the center table. “It’s a pleasure to have you on the team,” Sweet Leaf said with a friendly smile.

“The more the merrier I say,” Ditzy followed.

“It means a lot that Big Bear caused you to join us. I hope you will live up to his judgement,” Shou added.

“Thanks everyone. I’m just happy I can finally do something to protect everyone,” Shady said.

“Don’t think this is going to be like it is in the comics,” Flash said as he walked up to Shady. “This is real danger you’re going to be facing. Are you ready to face it?”

“Well I am a little scared, but Bulk said he will help me get stronger along the way,” Shady said.

“You got that right little bro,” Bulk said with a smile on his face.

“Oh, this whole debacle distracted me from showing everyone this,” Time Turner said as he began to dig through his coat. After a moment the off-worlder pulled out a yellow Kyutama. “Everyone, I am proud to say that the mission to retrieve the Pyxis Kyutama was a success,” he announced.

“Fantastic!” Shou cheered as he grabbed the kyutama. “With this we can finally start our counterattack on Jark Matter.”

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

I told ya this month was going to be a double. the position of back up editor is still open so if your interested just pm me.

like always leave a camment, feedback is always welcome