• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 3,798 Views, 49 Comments

Twilight Sparkle: Clone Trooper - awesomeavenger

  • ...
15
 49
 3,798

Prologue (edited)

Canterlot, Equestria...................5:17pm

Late on afternoon in the capital city of Equestria, all was quiet within its walls for not a single pony wasn't seen anywhere on the streets except for royal canterlot and crystal guards on patrol.

Inside the palace, all was silent throughout its many rooms and halls. But out in the castle gardens because it was littered with dead guards on the ground.

Some ponies say that Equestria never saw war in decades, not since the siege of the Crystal Empire led by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna to liberate the city from King Sombra. But that battle was many years agoans since then, not a single pony ever went to war, everypony except for me.

Just then, a dead canterlot guard dropped to the ground and standing over him was an unknown assailant wearing white battle armor with purple streaks on the shoulder pads and forelegs. On her back was a vibrosword and DC-15S blaster. On the hip was Kama and blaster pistol holsters holding DC -15S side arm blasters. Thiis equipment was used by the clone army of the galactic republic.

"Over there! Stop him!" a voice orders.

The figure looks and sees three guards charging toward him and charges at the guards. Within reach of each other, the unknown pony teleports, causing the guards to stop amd look around.

"Where'd he go?" Where is he?"
He used a teleportation spell. Keep your eyes open. He could be anywhere."

The guards continued to look around when they hear a teleporting sound from behind. They turn around fast and see the intruder was standing right behind them. The guards all stood still staring at the unknown pony looking back at them. After several minutes, the unknown pony draws its vibrosword and charges at the guards causing them to raise their spears in defense but the spears are destroyed by the intruder and then kills the three guards in swift slices. Afterwards, the pony puts its sword away and continues on through the palace. The unknown pony eventually arrives near a building and then removes the helmet, revealing a purple mare with a short mane. This was Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship or former princess of friendship now.

My name is Twilight Sparkle. Once I was a princess and had many great friends. And not just any princess, I was the princess of friendhsip. Everything in my life was perfect until one day, I lost it all.

Twilght sticks to the shadows and then makes her way past several more guards and arrives onto a rooftop overlooking a large crowd surrounding a gallows. She looks through the crowd and sees many ponies young and old conversing among themselves. As she looked through the crowds, she spot a group of familiar ponies and recognized them, causing her to become angry. The first was an orange earth pony wearing a hat. Her mane and tail were light yellow and her cutie mark was three apples. The next was a light blue pegasus with rainbow colored mane and tail. Her cutie mark was a rainbow lightning bolt and cloud. Third was a pink earth pony with puffy pink mane and tail and her cutie mark was three baloons. Next up was a light yellow pegasus with pink mane and tail and her cutie mark was three butterfliies. And finally, the last one was a white pegasus with purple mane and tail and her cutie mark were three diamonds. This was Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. They were once friends Twilight's friends and together all six were the elements of harmony. Applejack was the element of honesty, Pinkie Pie was laughter, Fluttershy kindness, Rarity generosity, and finally Rainbow Dash was loyalty. But, Twilight represented the element of magic and together, the six friends defeated many foes. Next to her friends were six other ponies. First was a light gray pony with a white mane and tail wearing a cape and hat. Next was a pale light cyan stallion with moderate gamboge mane holding a shovel. Third was an elderly light mullberry grey coat with grayish blue, turquoise gray and malachite green mane and tail. Fourth was a light blue pony with pink and moderate scarlet mane. Another was a brilliant amber pegasus wearing gray armor. Next was a light scarlet pegasus wearing egyptian wear. And finally next was a medium grey unicorn pony weaing a brown cape. This was Starswirl, Stygian, Rockhoof, Mismane, Somnambula, Flash Magnus, and Mage Meadowbrook. These were the original pillars of Equestria brought together by Stygian to protect all of Equestria from many dangerous threats.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't my old friends Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy along with the pillars. Heh, why am I not surprised." Twilight retorted.

As Twilight stared at her friends, the communicator on her wrist began to beep getting her attention. She pushes a button and a familar voice began to talk.

"Twilight, this is Flash. Do you copy over?"

"10-4, Flash. I hear you. What's you're status?"

"The team and I are in position. What about you?"

"I'm on top of the building overlooking the town square. They've already set up the gallows and the crowds are already here." Twilght reported and she the spotted her parents among the crowds. "And it looks like my parents are here."

"Okay, Twilight. The team and I are already moving into position right now. Once you set off the smoke bombs, we'll move in and provide assistance."

"Copy that, also my friends and the pillars are here today. They're in the crowd right now, Flash."

"Don't worry about them, Twilight. Just stick to the plan and we'll be out of here soon. And don't let your anger get the best of you. It can compromise the entire mission so keep your distance from them at all time, okay?"

"Okay Flash." Twilight replies and the horns sound off. "It's time. Everyone, get in position."

She looks down toward the crowd and sees a two groups of canterlot and crystal guards surrounding a group of royal leaders walking toward a booth. Among the group, Twilight spots several familiar faces. The first were two alicorns. One was white with light blue, green, purple and pink transluscnet mane and tail. Her cutie mark was the sun. The other was a little shorter then her. Her coat was navy blue. Her mane and tail were the same but the color was sapphire blue and the cutie mark was the moon. This was Celestia and Luna, the royal princess sisters of Canterlot. The next royals was also an alicorn but her coat was light pink with a pink mane and tail with a crystal heart cutie mark. Next to her was a white stallion with navy blue mane and tail. His cutie mark was the shield with stars in the center and on top. This was Princess Cadence and Shining Armor, the leaders of the crystal empire. Twilight then sees a black coated stallion in Canterlot guard armor walking with them. This was General Maverick.

The group make their way to the royal booth and take their seats. Celestia stands up and makes her way up. The crowd turn toward her and she raises her hoof up, causing the crowds to go silent.

"Bring forth the prisoner." Celestia orders.

At that moment, Twilight looks and sees a group of guards escorting the prisoner. In the center was a tan colored human in the same battle armor as her but had blue streaks in it. This was Captain Rex, a clone captain in the clone army and the leader of the 501st clone battalion. As the guards escorted Rex through the crowd, the ponies booed and hissed at him eventually arriving to the gallows and setting him up to be executed.

"Captain Rex, you stand today on the verge of your execution for the crimes of the attempt on Celestia's life by your jedi general and the second attempt by our very friend Twilight whom you corrupted. How do you plead?"

"Not guilty, you're highness. Because, my general never kills. He swears to an oath to never take a life for any reason whatsoever."

"Is that so, Captain? If you're jedi did swear loyalty to this oath, why did he come after me?" Celestia questions.

"I don't know, you're highness. But, let me give you some advice, if you kill me, the republic will attack with the fury of a thousand suns and you're world wil be at war. Besides, you're friend Twilight would not want this."

"DO NOT MENTION THAT COWARDS NAME IN MY PRESENCE!" Celestia bellowed in the royal canterlot voice. "She was a fool to meet you and an even bigger fool for betraying us! And she is even more of a fool for returning here!"

"Enough of this spectacle! Prepare the prisoner to hang!" Luna orders.

With that, the guards walk Captain Rex up to the gallows and place the rope around his neck. The executioner takes his place by the lever and preares to pull. Meanwhile, on the rooftop, Twilight pus her helmet on and contacts Flash and the strike team.

"Flash, they're preparing to hang Rex, I'm deploying the smoke bombs now."

"Copy that. Good luck, Twilight. See you shortly."

Twilight uses her magic and pulls out several spheres with switches on the top. These were explosive devices used by the clone army also. She hops down off the roof and into the crowd. Discreetly, she rolls the bombs throughout the crowd, sending some toward the gallows. On the gallows, as the guards prepped Rex, he looks down and sees Twilight and feels relieved that he was being rescued. Afterwards, Twilight disappears into the crowd and the guards were finished. The executioner makes his way to the lever to pull and everyone was in anticipation. But before the executioner could pull the switch, the bombs go off and the entire area was engulfed in smoke, causing everyone to cough.

Meanwhile not far from the gallows, a group of clones and jetpack troopers were in position. In front of the group were two other ponies in the same armor. The first was a unicorn with a broken horn, dark orchird coat and moderate rose mane. The other was a pegasus with a brilliant gamboge coat and dark arctic blue mane. This was Tempest Shadow and Flash Sentry. Tempest was once a former enemy of Equestria in service to the storm king but changed sides in the end. Flash was once a member of the crystal guard and even dated Twilight for a short time. Both ponies wore the same armor but Flash was wearing a clone jetpack.

"Alright guys, that's our signal. Let's move." Flash orders and he and Tempest put on their helmets.

Taking advantage, Twilight charges in and takes out the guards surrounding Rex and then the executioner. After taking them out, Twilight turns toward Rex and begins to take the rope around his neck off. Meanwhile in the crowd, the five elements were coughing but Rainbow Dash flares her wings, takes off and begins to fan away the smoke, revealing Twilight and Rex. Seeing the mystery pony, the guards surround them in order to cut off their escape.

"I must say, I am truly impressed by your valiant efforts to come to your friends rescue. Now, if you would remove your helmet so that Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor would very much like to know who you are." Maverick requests. "And if you surrender quietly, I will spare you and him. What will it be?"

But, Twilight continued to stand still with Captain Rex on the gallows surrounded by Canterlot and crystal guards from all directions. The first guard began to make his way toward Twilight in order to arrest her but she takes him out and the other guards charge and she begins taking them out as well. At that moment, the other clone troopers including Flash and Tempest charge in, causing the crowds to scatter but the five elements and the pillars stayed to try to stop the attackers. After Twilight took out the guards surrounding her and Captaian Rex, she turns and spots her five former friends and pillars thus causing her to become angry. She hops down off the platform and stares at the two groups. But, unknown to her, a guards recovers and charges at her from behind with his spear pointed at her. Within a few feet, Twlight dodges the spear, draws her vibrosword and kills the guard, causing the elements and pillars to gasp. Seeing enough, Rainbow Dash grabs Rockhoof's shovel and hits the side of Twilight's helmet, knocking her to the ground. At that moment, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor and Shadow Storm arrive by the elements and pillars.

"How do you like that tough guy?" Rainbow Dash shouts triumphantly.

The pony turns her head toward the group revealing not only that her helment was damaged, but it reveals one of her eyes. Seeing the eye caused the group to gasp one more time because the eye was light purple and they recognized the color. It was the eyecolor of their old friend from the past.

"Twilight?" they all ask in unison.

I was very close to saving Rex. The plan was almost a success but one thing I didn't account for was how I would react to seeing my friends again. And I didn't expect them to react to seeing my eye when my helmet was damaged by Rainbow Dash. And I remember all of this happening the day when the clone army landed in Equestria.

Author's Note:

Well, here it is everybody. Sorry this is late mostly because it underwent rewrite and I was busy with other fanfiction projects. More chapters are on the way. Also, let me know what you think and what you hope to see in the future chapters. And as an FYI, I changed the generals name because Maverick sounded better.

Anyway, more chapters will be up soon nd I'll also focus on adding more chapters to Twilight of the Sith. For now, stay frosty and in the words of Walt Disney... keep moving forward.

Comments ( 49 )

A little rushed, but you have my attention.

what happened to all the chapters

Very rushed and a lot of words written that were not needed. It might be good to ask around for someone to help proof read this, wether someone on this site or someone you know irl. I love this concept and really hope you can work through the problems it’s got right now

YES YES YES GOD DAMN YES

OKAY THIS IS WAY MORE BADASS THAN THE ORIGINAL!

At least this prologue is much more better than the last one; not to mention that Flash and Tempest are also helping Twilight rescue Rex than rather letting her do it alone.

Awesome rewrite I can't wait for more. Good work, I take it they still are normal ponies and not anthro?

DO NOT MENTION THAT COWARD'S NAME IN MY PRESENCE!"

(grabs sniper, takes aim, fires at Celestia's head) Never underestimate those who never miss, (bleeps)(bleeps)face.

8897812
Celestia sure acts like a total bitch for not having faith in Twilight anymore. :flutterrage:

8900504
More than that. She overreacted. In banishing Twilight to Tartarus, she breaks the bonds of the Elements of Harmony. Therefore, crime, corruption, acts of war, violence, disharmony, and chaos will rise. It'll be a thousand years before the Elements choose new barers.

Wait, so since Equestria is technically corrupted now, does this mean that they're gonna join the Separatists?

8900504
Also, what do you think it was Celestia did for Twilight to try and assassinate her? There's gotta be a reasonable answer for it.

8907426
If I remembered correctly, they did mention that one of Celestia's generals was secretly plotting to frame Twilight by having one of Chrysalis' soldiers do the dirty work unnoticed in the previous story.

8907700
I suppose that would make some sense.

8908005
I was thinking that Flash Sentry could be a key witness that spotted the changeling assassin before Celestia was attacked. Yet, he failed to reason with the Princess when it was too late. I can't imagine something like this at Twilight's Trial:

Flash Sentry (gasped after seeing Twilight get taken away): Princess, with all due respect......
Celestia (in anger): DO YOU WANT TO BE NEXT?!!!!!

8908048
Did you just make a reference to the 2017 version of Beauty and the Beast?

8908048
Also, do you think Spike and Grubber helped free Twilight as well?

8908089
I can't say for sure; that will be up to the author for him to decide.

8908253
Right. Ten bucks says Sideous gets involved and exposes the general.

8908253
Hey, man, how long do I have to wait for a story to be approved.

8917749
It all depends if the story has meet the criteria in fimfiction.

Wait, what happened to spike? Is he also a trooper, or is he still with the rest of the main 5?

8987473
Yeah. Hey, awesomeavenger, if you are still alive, clap three times!

8987473
Calm down. I'm alive. I currently working on the chapter right now. I just trying to figure out how the space battle between the repubic and separatists plays out. Just give me time. ALso mostly because I've been busy with other story projects at the moment.

8991084
Optimus Prime lives! I think...

"Do you want to know who's a more bigger fool than I am, Celestia?!" Twilight snarled as she turned to face her ex-mentor and her ex-family. "Do you want to know who's a bigger fool than me?! PONIES LIKE YOU!!!!"

Startling Celestia, Shinning, and the other two alicorn princesses, Twilight immediately teleports herself again away from them and this time, she reappeared right behind Rainbow Dash. Before she could see it coming, Twilight uses her vibroblades with her magic, while hovering herself with her levitation spell, to cut both of Rainbow Dash's wings from her body before the latter screamed in pain with blood gushing out from both of her sides before crashing straight into the ground. The moment Twilight landed on all four hooves, disengaging her levitation spell, she slams Applejack to a nearby wall with her magic before stealing her hat. After that, Twilight slams the butt of her blaster rifle into Applejack's nose, knocking the earth pony out.

After taking down Rainbow and Applejack, Twilight charges forward at the of the Mane 5 and did the unthinkable. She cuts off Fluttershy's tail, destroys Pinkie's party cannon, and cut off Rarity's horn out of anger for not defending her at her trial. Before they could say anything, Twilight starts using Rainbow's words against the Mane 5 and Shinning Armor, resorting to drill sergeant ranting in front of the them as if they don't deserve their roles anymore, and immediately teleported all of them straight to Tartarus, giving them a taste of their own medicine.

After the mane 5 and Shinning Armor disappeared in an instant, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and all of the Pillars of Equestria stood there with horror and confusion in their eyes as Twilight goes back to Rex as she teleports herself and her commanding officer away from Canterlot, disappearing from the execution grounds for good.

9027743
I can. I can see it with Sunset during the whole Anon-A-Miss incident.

8901504
Why would you think that Shinning Armor and the Mane 5 would let Celestia get away with her overreacted behavior, than rather help Twilight prove her innocence, whether or not she ran away from Equestria??

9060267
Because they aren't worthy of being her friends or family. The death that Brachy got in Fallen Kingdom, is the death they deserve.

9060432
Slow down. Everything will be revealed in due time. For now, be patient.

8950691
If Spike was with the Mane 5, he probably will never speak to them again. He might even try to find Twilight after she escaped and leave Equestria with her, breaking up with Rarity for good.

9104041
He could even go all NYSC-whatever the final letter is on her too.

When is the next chapter?

9061377
*in caveman voice* You write. update story. *proceeds to make ape noises*

9582610
Well are you going to update soon? If not at least I got a laugh out of you.

9582614
Don’t worry. More chapters are on the way. I guarantee.

9582617
And I also got a laugh out of you to boot.

Give Twilight some ice Jesse.

I ment Jesus

Update pls?

how exactly does one become a clone.

10747398
Under galactic law Mandalorians can take “foundlings” into their clans. Officially the clones species is Mandalorian

please continue

Equestria is so f******** retarded to think they can make war against the Galactic Republic. A Republic that has TENS OF THOUSANDS of worlds, the Jedi Order, the Clone Army, and the Republic Armada of ships against their one/single pathetic planet!

What's stopping OP Characters like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-wan, Mace Windu, or even Yoda himself to kick their entire asses?!

Twilight singing this in 19 years:

Login or register to comment