• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 4,473 Views, 57 Comments

Back and Forth with Friends - Purple Pony



Sunset visits Equestria, but brings her human friends along with her. Expect everything to go wrong.

  • ...
6
 57
 4,473

Chapter 6

“Sunset, I have a question.” Starlight says.

“Fire away.”

“Do you have any idea where our counterparts are? It seems like every single pony in Ponyville has one at Canterlot High, but we don’t. I think we should be a bit more worried.” Starlight explains.

Sunset shrugs her shoulders, “I dunno, guess I’ve never really thought of it. But maybe the fact that we aren’t from Ponyville is the important part. From what I’ve learned in geography class, Earth is a lot bigger than Equestria. I think we still have counterparts, but they are not in the city we know because we aren’t from Ponyville.”

“So why is everyone in Ponyville there if the mirror was originally in Canterlot and then got moved to the Crystal Empire?”

“From what Twilight’s told me, there are Canterlot counterparts in the human world, they mostly attend Crystal Prep.” Sunset answers.

“But you are from Canterlot, so it would be assumed that your counterpart is there as well.”

“But I’m not from Canterlot, I’m from a little town out in the middle of nowhere and the only reason I ever went to Canterlot is because I nearly burned down the town as a child, at least that’s what I’ve been told.”

“Oh…well, have you ever searched for them?” Starlight asks.

“Why would I go searching for myself if I want to keep my identity?” Sunset asks back.

“Seriously, Sunset? I was only there for a few days and even I know that you can search up almost anything on those ‘computer’ things.” Starlight sighs in exasperation.

Sunset blinks, then brings her hoof up to her head. “HOW did I forget that?!”

Now Starlight shrugs her shoulders. “Forgetting the obvious is a common mistake. Twilight does it all the time. I almost think she has a talent for it.”

Three fillies, all together in a treehouse on an apple farm, suddenly got a wonderful idea.

“Anyways, I will probably do that once I go back, because right now, I’m on vacation with a mare who understands me. Us reformed villains need to stick together, don’t we?” Sunset smirks.

“You’ve got that right!” Starlight cheers.

“I agree wholeheartedly.”

The bacon maned unicorn let out a startled “EEEP!!” and jumped several inches into the air. Starlight and the newcomer quickly doubled over laughing. “It’s NOT funny!” Sunset cries out. She then takes a closer look at the newcomer and seems to get a sense of déjà vu. “You used to be a statue, weren’t you? I think that’s where I remember you.”

The creature that appeared was easily three times taller than the average pony, it had a goat head with two different horns, one representing a deer antler. His torso was a dark brown color, and his hands were a lion paw on one side and an eagle talon on the other. He had a Pegasus and a thestral wing on his back, and he had a horse hoof as one foot and a scaly foot on the other side. His tail was dragon like. Put it all together, and you get a creature that looks like it shouldn’t be physically possible. However, the draconequus never took physics.

The newcomer chuckled. “I certainly remember you, Sunset. Your head was so chaotic you almost freed me then and there. But that’s in the past, and I heard we have something in common now, goody!”

Discord snapped his claws, and the three were suddenly in the Map room. All three of them were wearing a bright red vest that had the acronym FVNRC. “I welcome both of you to the first meeting of the Former Villain, Now Reformed Club. As the clubs founder, I do believe I will get started with each of us comparing just how truly villainous we were, so we can commiserate in our past exploits. I shall go first. I tormented ponykind over a thousand years ago before being turned into a statue, then once I was released, I started to do the same before yet again being turned into a statue. I was later released on parole and looked after by Fluttershy, but when Tirek was released, I sided with him hoping I could reclaim my former glory, and that went incredibly poorly. Now I’m such a common sight around Ponyville that most ponies don’t run screaming from me anymore.”

Starlight, just going along with Discord at this point, went next. “Well, after my only fillyhood friend moved away after getting his cutie mark, I became spiteful of cutie marks, and then attempted to erase them all. I figured out a way to do it, and successfully stole all of the cutie marks there were. When Twilight and her friends visited, I successfully stole their cutie marks, but they revealed that I still had my cutie mark, which turned the village against me. I escaped, but not before the bearers regained their cutie marks. I then figured out how to go back in time, and figured that if I went back and prevented the Sonic Rainboom, then Twilight and her friends couldn’t stop me. Unfortunately, that would have ended up destroying the world. I was shown that I didn’t have to do that by Twilight, and I shortly began my friendship studies. Now, I’ve saved Equestria from the Changelings and successfully reformed all the changelings except for Queen Chrysalis, who is still somewhere out there.”

Sunset, starting to get into the spirit of this exercise, decided to spill her villainy. “After breaking and entering the royal libraries in order to find magic to be able to become an alicorn, I escaped punishment by using a mirror to a different world. I then became a bully and ruled the school for several years before I snuck back into Equestria and stole the Element of Magic. Twilight chased me down and after a couple of days, had somehow become more popular than me, so then I stole the crown and transformed into a she-demon that enslaved the whole high school, before being blasted with a friendship rainbow. Now I’ve saved the school from Sirens, an alternate Twilight that was hopped up on stolen magic, and a camp leader who was so desperate to keep the camp, she tried using magic to get what she wanted. And right now I’m on vacation.”

Discord clapped his mismatched hands together. “See? We’ve all done some bad, but we’ve also done some good as well. Now, I also heard from a certain Pegasus that you two were planning on fighting. Should I advertise it around town, or no?”

The two mares looked at each other, before shrugging. “Why not? Just put a waiver that says deflected spells may cause bodily harm, slight pain, and the occasional transformation into a random creature. That way we won’t get sued by anypony.” Starlight adds.

Discord shuddered. “I thought all ponies were kind and benevolent. Then I watched a court case. The pure savageness was so chaotic I nearly exploded.” He then burst his body into pieces. “That would have been a huge mess.”

Sunset picked up Discord’s head. “Schedule it for two days from now. I should be ready to go then.”

A bright flash later, and Discord reassembled himself and was carrying a bunch of flyers. “Consider it done, combatants! I will see you two in a couple of days.” After that, he disappeared.

The two mares looked at each other. “Wanna grab something to eat?” Starlight asks.

“Sure.”

Author's Note:

I really hope Hasbro covers exactly where Sunset's counterpart is. I've seen a few fanfics cover it, but I want to see the official take on it.

And I know that a club about reformed villains isn't the most original thing, but I was really feeling it.

No, the chapter with Sunset and Starlight fighting won't be in two days. It will be in two fanfic days, which can be anywhere from a week to a year. Hopefully not a year.

Anyways, if any of you have any ideas about what I should write next involving the rest of the characters, then please be sure to let me know.

If any of you have a snippet written, go ahead and PM me and I'll check it out and see if it fits. I will be giving full credit to both ideas and work given.

I have some ideas in my head, but I want to see what the *checks the like counter* 60+ of you have to say.
...
60!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!
I want to thank all of you for liking my admittedly terrible writing, and for sticking around through the year this fanfic was on hiatus. I'll try to not abandon this and actually finish it, but give it time.
Happy 2018, folks. Hope you enjoy my work. I hope to continue to write through the next semester, but if I can't then summer will be filled with writing. Maybe not on this, but I'll be writing.

Comments ( 5 )

Dang, I'm really interested in this little spat now.

Looking forward to more!:twilightsmile:

Uhhhh, I’m a little confused here. In your first chapter, you talk about how it’s only been a week since Legend of Everfree. And yet, in this chapter, you have them talking about what happened in Mirror Magic. I don’t think these things happened within a week before the girls go through the mirror. Plus the fact that in the first chapter, Sunset was talking to Starlight as if she had just met her for the first time ever.

Not trying to nitpick your story. Just really confused.

Edit: Also, after rereading this, there is also another error I noticed.

You have Sci-Twi ask Twilight why she doesn’t wear glasses in Chapter 2 (I think) and she answers with contacts. Then later, in another chapter, they talk about how Twilight never knew she was nearsighted after trying on Sci-Twi’s glasses and needing to go to the optometrist.

These little errors might need to be fixed at some point if you come back to this.

No, the chapter with Sunset and Starlight fighting won't be in two days. It will be in two fanfic days, which can be anywhere from a week to a year. Hopefully not a year

It has been two years. So at leaste not a year. I guess.

this is a good story so far; I hope when you [eventually] return that (this) story will be updated sometime [fairly] soon, please and thank you!

Login or register to comment