• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 4,473 Views, 57 Comments

Back and Forth with Friends - Purple Pony



Sunset visits Equestria, but brings her human friends along with her. Expect everything to go wrong.

  • ...
6
 57
 4,473

Chapter 4

The ponies of Ponyville weren’t very surprised to see two Pinkie Pies running Sugar Cube Corner. They’d dealt with upwards of 50 Pinkies before. Besides, if it meant they could get their sweets twice as fast, then they were all for it.

Besides, if they had something to do, they wouldn’t break the fabric of reality. As often.

It had been a few days since Sunset and her friends came over to visit. By now, the 14 ponies involved had gotten into a rhythm. For the Pinkies, it was open up shop, have human Pinkie run the register, and pony Pinkie make the goods. The conversations they had were somewhere between ‘why is this a thing’ and ‘the universe exploded’. They once had a debate on who could eat more, a sumo wrestler or a regular wrestler. It went for four hours.

Today, it was simple. Ice cream.

“Whatdya mean, you don’t like strawberry?”

“I mean I like blueberry, duh!”

“Blueberry? Bleh!” Pinkie then made a gag-me motion with her hoof.

“HEY! Them’s fightin’ words.”

“Yeah, them’s fightin’ words.”

A glob of Strawberry ice cream went flying through the air, in the direction of the Pinkie running the register. She quickly ducked onto the other side. “This means war!” She then grabbed the same glob of ice cream, and flung it back at her opponent.

The Pinkie in the back looked at her ammo. Some pies in the refrigerator, a cake, and five gallons of ice cream, with two scoops. Perfect for subduing her opponent.

The Pinkie at the register looked at her ammo. Scones, doughnuts, and candy canes. Plus whatever Pinkie threw at her. Perfect for subduing her opponent.

They both took a minute to gather their supplies. The customers in the front were wondering what was going to happen.

Then, all hell broke loose.

The Pinkie in the back threw a pie at the Pinkie out front. It sailed over her head, and hit a stallion in the flank. The other Pinkie threw a scone. While it missed her opponent, it did hit a bag of flour. Said bag dumped its contents all over the Pinkie in the back.

Now, it was Pink Pinkie vs. White Pinkie. FIGHT!

Several more pies and scones flew through the air. Most of the customers were not concerned. They’d seen Pinkie throw stuff before. They would only be concerned if they were too close to the target.

Pink went to her candy cane stash. There were a lot of those. White, meanwhile, went towards her ice cream. Plenty.

The next few minutes were a deadly exchange between sugar in crystalized form, and sugar in cream form. There were many a casualty. The customers were caught in the crossfire. Apparently, they were too close. They ran screaming out of the building.

Meanwhile, the Pinkies were taking heavy hits to their armies. White was down to her last gallon of ice cream, while Pink was down to about 10 candy canes. They could not mourn just yet. Their opponent was still standing.

Pink threw her candy canes at White, and as soon as she ran out, began flinging doughnuts. White, however, managed her ice cream. All she had after that was a cake. Perfect for finishing a fight.

Unfortunately for White, she took a doughnut to the face. Now white and covered in frosting on her face, the Pinkie then set a trap.

Pink, ready to seize victory, leaped over the counter, flinging doughnuts all the while. She made it over towards White, and stood above her. “Admit Defeat!”

“Never!” Then White sprang her trap. She hip-checked the fridge, and the cake of top fell down on the two of them.

It was a full five minutes before the two of them could get out. What they saw was an absolute warzone. There was frosting everywhere, crumbs in all the nooks and crannies, and the register was covered in ice cream. Needless to say, it was a mess.

Of course, that was when the Cakes walked in.

“PINKIES!!!!!!!”


The two Pinkies were now cleaning up after their war. Neither could determine who won, so they called it a draw. A very sticky draw, but a draw nonetheless.

Starlight walked in while they were cleaning. Sunset was…somewhere.

“What happened here?”

Both Pink and White spoke at the same time. “Wellyouseeweweretryingtofigureoutwhichflavorwasthebeststrawberryorblueberryandwecouldn’tdecidesowedecidedtostartflingingpastriesandicecreamandweeventuallycalleditadrawbecausewebothgotcoveredincakeandthentheCakeswalkedinandsawallthismessandtoldustocleanupwithouthelpsosorrydon’teventhingaboutitMrs.Cakeispsychicandwillknowifyouhelpussodon’teventry.” They said all in one breath.

Starlight got a panicked look on her face. “That was a little creepy. Well, good to see you two kept yourselves entertained today. I’m going to leave, so you two can keep cleaning.” Starlight then went back out the door. A fair bit faster than when she came in.


That night, Rainbow Dash was making a delivery. As stealthily as she could, she made her way up towards Starlight’s window. She tapped it several times. It opened up, and she flew in. “Starlight, I’ve gotten the goods. Here” she sets down a bottle of liquid “is the disguise for you. This one” she then sets down another bottle “is for Sunset. Now, these two” she then puts down two bottles of a clear liquid “are for taking them off. Whenever you’re ready, you drink your respective disguises, and then when either you get done, or get caught, you drink the other one and it takes off the disguise. Simple?”

“Very. Thank you, Rainbow.”

“No problem, Starlight. Always happy to fund a prank.” Rainbow then flew away.

Sunset climbed out from under the bed. “So, that’s it?”

“Yup. So, should we drink it right away?”

Sunset debated for a minute. “No. I’m still a little lost here in Ponyville. So let’s wait a few days.”

“And then, we blow their minds.”

Author's Note:

A short chapter, but most food wars are short. Thanks to ShadowIvywood for coming up with the idea.

Remember, if you have any ideas, please put them in the comments.