• Published 8th May 2016
  • 1,724 Views, 60 Comments

Finding your beat - scootalooftw



After developing a case of narcolepsy, I find myself falling asleep in one world and waking in another. But is it all part of a dream, or hallucination, or is it real?

  • ...
4
 60
 1,724
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 23 )

Is that the real story of his parents and are you sticking to it? :pinkiecrazy: With a name like that it was more fun picturing him as Luna's child banished to another dimension and pulled back parially due to the Rainboom. :derpytongue2: Rather conveient that all family is unreachable.

7809712 Honestly? *Caution, spoilers ahead! DO NOT read unless you are ready to have a few things ruined.* That is going to be what really happened with is parents, and it will be used as a bit of a plot device (and possible for a few jokes) in the childhood arc. It's funny you brought up Luna, too, in the original version, she was the one that pulled him over, but I won't say any more because spoilers within spoilers.

As for his name, Dream Weaver was my original OC that I made back in 2011 (I have, like, 13 of the damn things now because stories) and his name came from a quote I had heard, that I think was from shakespeare stating "What is a writer, but a weaver of dreams". I Picked that because I enjoy writing of all kinds, both song/lyric and creative writing.

I will fully admit that the main reason his family is unreachable is because I need an excuse for him to stay in Ponyville

Also, I just realized that you're the one that writes Seven Lights, which was one of the inspirations in the new direction my story is taking, haha. Your initial comment on my story also makes SO much more sense now.

7803771 She was in Manehatten during the events of the first 2 chapters, as it took place during the initial Rainboom event, but filly AJ will be around. Eventually...

Well this looks like a promising story far. We have a mystery in how hands with the guy apparently possessing the body of a colt and that that colt had apparently escaped from the demurrers of of his parents. I am not entirely sure that what the guard ways is the truth as I the guards apparently didn't even say Dream's body's real name and I find it suspicious that the colts parents names weren't even said. I don't think that it is standard practice for guard to lie about a foal's parents death either even if it is under Celestials orders, and I wouldn't believe that she could afford the time to deal with this case personally unless there are greater powers involved. The chapter's flowed rather well until the arrival of the guard; after that the writing started to get a bit stiff. I think taking it was rush toward the end there. Still, I am looking forward to the next story.

7810385 to be honest, the part with the guard was the only part that wasn't rewritten after I initially finished the chapter. I will admit it didn't flow as well as I had wanted it to, but everything that is happening is happening for a reason, just keep that in mind.

Interesting premise (first read after editing). Followed, aka; I'm keeping my eye on you, mister...:pinkiecrazy:

7815345 *in Takei's voice* Oh my...

Well... That escalated quickly :rainbowderp:

Taking a look around the room, I took a moment to ponder my situation. ‘Ok, so apparently if it’s daylight on Earth, it’s night time here. It was quarter after ten in the mourning last I saw before I passed out, so here it should be…’

Typo!!!

7821440


And I must say, this is a nice and clever use of an overdone concept. I gotta give you props for that my friend

Oh look new cover art.
I like it.

7958618 Thanks! There will be a new chapter as well, hopefully pretty soon. Been in a bit of a rough spot the past few weeks and haven't had much drive to do anything. But I'm working my way out of it!

7959529 Bah! Humbug! Excuses :3

Any hope for an update?

8009932 I have the next chapter about 80ish% complete, I'm jus having a few issues with motivation and what-not (to put it simply).

Ohhh this has a great start. Any hope of a new chapter?

8009950
Is this story going to update?

9832421
I'm going to be honest with you. I'd like to say it is, but I honestly haven't worked on it in a while. The chance of updating is still there, but unless something likes a fire under my ass it's not likely.

9838083
Well hopefully it has a fire starter that hasn't been hit yet, because i would enjoy to see where you take this story.

As someone who is a diagnosed Narcoleptic, this is pretty interesting to read.. and a concept I wish more people would explore.

Love this story, would like to see more of it! Fairly interested in where it goes from here.

Login or register to comment