• Published 8th Mar 2016
  • 951 Views, 18 Comments

Wanderlust - DwarvishPony



A baby dragon develops the urge to see the world and travels to strange new parts of Equestria and beyond. Along the way, he meets new faces and old, learning what it means to find yourself.

  • ...
1
 18
 951

23. Nasty 'Nappings

"What happened?" You ask as you slowly start to come to. Everything is fuzzy. You remember the light at the silo, and wanting to know who the culprit behind it was. But then things went dark. And your head! You realize that there's an excruciating pain in the back of your skull. Like somepony beaned you with a lead pipe in the ballroom.

"So you're awake." A voice states. The voice sounds... scruffy? Gravelly. That's the word. "Boss' wantin' a word with yous." Gravelly voice said. You already wished somepony would give him a swift kick to the face.

"Where am I?" You realize that there's something that's dried and itchy on your face, though you can't see what. You contort your face into carious expressions, as if that will somehow give you the ability to see your own face. Even though it's a pipe dream, your movements cause the dry stuff to flake away in small red specks.

Blood. It's dried blood on your face. Somepony really did wallop you over the head. Oh, that's bad. Some part of your brain points this out, like it wouldn't have been evident to you otherwise. It's not like the sight of blood was a clue.

"Who are you?" Your voice sounds distorted. You're not sure if that's an echo you're hearing or the residual effects of the strike to the back of your head.

"I do apologize for the actions of my associate. The poor Brute is only good at one thing, I'm afraid." That voice. Why does that arrogant voice sound familiar? It was the kind of stuck-up voice a high-class snob would have. One where there was alway a condescending undertone to their words. "Brute Force, leave us."

Hoofsteps leaving the room. You realize you've yet to see either pony the voices have been belonging to. You struggle against your bindings, but to no avail. You've been tied to a pipe or pole or something, your front legs bent uncomfortably behind your back. You've been positioned to face away from the rest of the room, the most likely reason being that whoever is behind this wants to hide their face from you.

It starts coming back to you now. You were headed to the silo. Something caught your eye though. Movement in the shadows. Somepony who didn't belong there. You foolishly made the mistake to try and grab the pony. They were a lot stronger than you expected though. You were tossed to the ground like a rag doll before a sharp blow to the side or your head turned the world to blackness. Then you woke up here.

"Fancy Hooves." You growl as you recall the name that irritating voice belongs to. The name makes your blood boil. "When I get out of here, I'm gonna kick your flank!" You struggle against the bindings, determined to rip them apart like you plan to do with the pony who wants the land your farm sits upon.

"Oh, I think you'll find you're in no position to make threats, Limestone." Fancy Hooves replies coldly. "You see, even though Brute Force was there to break your equipment, I find his mistake of taking you to be quite fortuitous. Without you, your filthy rock farm is sure to fail." The posh socialite lets out a laugh that makes you want to shove a hoof down his throat. "And when that happens, the land will sell for even less than I could have hoped for!"

"One problem though. Even if we lose the farm, you won't be the one to own it. I'll go straight to the authorities, even if I have to walk to the Appleoosa sheriff to do it." You retort. There's no way Fancy Hooves could stop your testimony once you got free.

"Oh. Did I not mention that? Sorry, my dear Limestone, but you're never leaving this place." The aristocratic pony lets out another snobby laugh as his hoofsteps echo away into the distance.

~~~

Spike slammed the door to the silo open, panting for breath. There's fear in his eyes as he sizes up the situation. He spotted the telltale purple of Trixie's hat behind some barrels.

"Trixie, come quick! Limestone's been kidnapped!" Spike rushed over to the mare, only to find Maud Pie in the silo with her. It's Maud that speaks first.

"What happened?" She asked in her monotone voice. Though she didn't show any signs of emotion in her voice, there's something in her eyes that told Spike that Maud was worried. He sees a hint of something there. Fear? Anger? Spike isn't sure, and didn't have time to figure it out.

"I was running to the silo, because I saw Trixie's light. While I was coming here, I saw some big stallion putting Limestone in a wagon and leaving!" Spike pointed a claw away from the silo as he spoke. "We have to go help her!"

"Trixie will handle this. Spike, go find Marble." Trixie ordered, the awkwardness she'd been feeling moments before replaced by adrenaline.

"I'm coming with you." Maud bluntly stated. "Its not safe for you to go alone, Trixie."

"I wanna come too!" Spike added. "Marble went to the house to tell Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz to go get somepony to help."

"Fine. Where's Winona?" Trixie looked down at Spike.

"I dunno! She was with Limestone when they were in the quarry, but I didn't see her when Limestone got grabbed." Spike shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other. "I'll go find her!" The dragon ran back out the silo to search for the missing canine.

"Maud, Trixie is sorry about this. I'll do everything I can to help your older sister." Trixie placed a reassuring hoof on Maud's shoulder.

"I know, Trixie." Even Maud couldn't hide the tears that threatened to slip from the corners of her eyes.

Author's Note:

Spike and Trixie's Current Location: Rock Farm

Limestone's Current Location: Unknown

Author's note: This will probably be the only time I use second person in this story. I decided I wanted the reader to not know who was kidnapped immediately, and this seemed like the easiest way to do so. I also feel like the jarring shift in perspective kinda helps you realize that stuff's going down, but that could be me being egotistical about my writing.

Comments ( 6 )

I like how the story has a very shot from the him feel to it. I get the feeling you don't have an end game and are just writing what ever idea's come to you. Which honestly works well in a story like this.

7080609
If I'm being honest that pretty much sums up my writing for this story. At most I plan one or two chapters ahead just so the story doesn't feel choppy between chapters.

This fanfic is hardly the best, but the prose is definitely more readable than what is typical of fanfiction. This is a huge relief, because, although the concept isn't anything to write home about, the fact that it stars Spike and Trixie—two characters I love seeing together, yet characters this fanbase wishes to keep miles apart at all times—it belongs on a pedestal. They're not just traveling together, which is scarce enough...they're actually interacting, and developing a friendship! With no other characters to get in the way! It's like you're determined to break every rule there is regarding Spike and Trixie!!! It's so satisfying to see this ultra-rare concept manifested that I don't even care about the lack of shipping.

"Merely semantics, Spike." Trixie rolled her eyes. "You should get some sleep. We have a long way to go before our next destination."

"I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight." Spike replied. "I'm gonna have nightmares about you putting me in a cage."

Trixie smiled at him, a flirtatious gleam in her eye. "Not until you're older."

7278649
I haven't really read many fics with Trixie and Spike together, if I'm being honest. I wanted Spike to travel with someone who offered a point of view that Spike wasn't used to, and best pony was also best choice. I wasn't even aware that people seem to keep the two apart.

In regards to shipping, I can't ship Spike with anyone, pony or dragon. Trixie included... Sorry about that.

Getting to your complaint... Yeah. Not the best concept. I've been doing my best to fix that. My problem has been that when I started the story, I was using it more as a playground for testing various bits of writing techniques. As I progressed though, I've wanted to work an actual plot into things and its... harder than I thought. That's part of the reason I've put the story on hiatus. I have a direction I want the story to go now, I just need to steer it that way in a way that feels natural.

:pinkiegasp: Save the day Spike and Trixie!

just wondering, will you [eventually] update this story at some point in time, like within 1 or 2yrs, (no rush or pressure) again was just wondering

Login or register to comment