• Published 11th Jan 2016
  • 2,689 Views, 62 Comments

Undertale: The Next World - unleashedtwilight



WARNING: If you did not play the game Undertale (both endings), you will be VERY confused. Frisk made many mistakes for doing the genocide route in her timeline. But as if by miracle, she was sent to another world before making the worst choice ever.

  • ...
16
 62
 2,689

The Return of The Lost

“Ugh…” an older female being groaned as she lay on the ground. “Huh?” she said to herself getting a good look at her surroundings. She noticed it was a rather open field. All she had to do was look and see a town not too far in the distance. “Where am I? What is this place?” She said to herself getting up. “This can’t be the surface… can it?” she asked herself as she looked up at the open blue sky. Birds were singing, and flowers were blooming. She could even see the shining sun above. Its heart warming and blinding light felt amazing. She could hardly believe what she was seeing right now. But then another question arose from her mind… “How did I get here…? Where are the other monsters? Where is……” she widened her eyes a bit in remembrance. “My child…” This being’s name was Toriel Dreemurr; ex queen of the underground. Toriel looked back to the town in the distance. “Perhaps I may be able to find the answers I need there…” She said to herself starting to head in the direction of the town.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the royal guards sighed entering Luna’s room. “All these events always seem to happen out of nowhere… sure disasters happening in Equestria are normal, but now murderers from another world!? What is everything coming to!?” the Stallion guard exclaimed in aggravation. “I’m really starting to question my career choice at this point…”

“Nyeh…” A voice could be heard from behind the bed.

“Hm?” the guard looked in the direction of the voice. “Who goes there!?” silence… “This isn’t funny… come out with your hooves where I can see them!” he said walking to the direction of where the voice originally came from.

Suddenly, source of the voice raised his head and was face to face with the guard pony… it was a tall skinny looking skeleton.

“NYEEEH!” the skeleton shrieked. “Oh my god! Is this animal wearing armor!?”

“W-whoa what the!? Is this skeleton talking to me!?” The guard pony exclaimed in response.

“Oh my god! It even talks!”

“Wha--!? Of course I can talk!” the guard exclaimed. “I’m more concerned with the talking skeleton in front of me!”

“Of course I can talk, all skeletons can talk!” The skeleton exclaimed. “Just ask my brother, Sa--” he stopped and looked around. “Hey wait… where am I?”

“Wha-- you don’t even know how you got here?”

The skeleton shook his head. “All i remember is being in Snowdin, there was a blizzard, and now suddenly I’m here!”

“Snowdin?... Blizzard?... it’s the middle of Summer.” The guard pony mused.

“That doesn’t matter, it always snows!”

“Uh… look weirdo, what’s your name anyways?”

“I am the Great Papyrus! In training to be a royal guard!”

“Pfft… you? A royal guard?”

“What’s so funny!?” Papyrus exclaimed. “I’ll have you know that I have been training for years to be in the royal guard. Trained by Captain Undyne herself!”

“Well whatever royal guard you were training for, it’s not here. I doubt Princess Celestia would have a skeleton as a royal guard.”

“Nyeh? Princess Celestia? Who in the underground is that?”

“Uh… this isn’t underground, it’s above ground…”

“Oh.”

“OH MY GOD!!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ugh…” a deep male voice said in one of the corridors of the castle in the Crystal empire. “Huh?” he said looking around. “This is weird.” he said getting up. He started to look around at his surroundings. “Huh… place looks easy to clean.” he said with a smile. “Still… not the place I know.” he said going to the window to look outside… but wasn’t expecting what he saw: the sun. “... this place is definitely not the underground.”

“Uh… E-excuse me?” a female sounding voice chimed in. The male turned to the source of the voice to find a Pink alicorn… levitating an alicorn baby beside her. “Who ar--” she stopped mid-sentence looking at the being's body… it was another skeleton but less thin than the other one. “Oh my goodness… what… are you?” the alicorn asked in shock.

“What are you?” the skeleton replied with a smile, not seeming to be hurt by the question.

Me?” the pony exclaimed. “I’m an alicorn pony!”

“Huh. cool.” The skeleton shrugged walking to the alicorn. “Well alicorn pony, don’t you know how to greet a new friend?” he asked holding his hand out.

“N-new friend?” the alicorn asked but slowly extended her hoof hesitantly. As soon as her hoof made contact with the skeleton’s hand…

Pffffft…

“Heh, the old whoopee cushion in the hand trick. Never gets old.”

The pink alicorn looked dumbfounded… but eventually couldn’t help but smile and laugh a bit.

“Heh, knew that would get ya.” the skeleton smiled again.

“My name is Cadence… what’s your name?” She asked.

“Name’s Sans.”

“Well Sans… may I ask what you are doing in my castle?”

“This is your castle?” Sans asked. “Huh… nice place.”

“Wait you didn’t even know who’s castle this was?”

“Nope.”

“Aren’t you… a little concerned?”

“Not really.”

“Okay… I’m going to inform my husband about your arrival. We’re probably going to inform Celestia as well… this isn’t exactly normal you know.”

“That’s fine.” Sans nodded leaning against the wall. “Take your time.”

“Right…” Cadence nodded and slowly started making her way back to her room.

Sans was alone with his eyes closed. He knew what happened… and he knew the cause of it all…

“That kid…” one of his eyes started glowing blue for a split second before stopping. “What the hell is going on here…?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna was talking in private with Chara and Frisk… when suddenly a scroll appeared in front of her. “Hm?” Luna said opening the scroll. Her eye just read the scroll, eyes darting back and forth. “Impossible.. This can’t be!”

“What could it possibly be?” Chara groaned.

“It’s… from Canterlot.” Luna said. “Saying one of the guards found a tall looking skeleton in my room…?”

Frisk was the first to gasp and run up to Luna. “T-tall skeleton!? Are you serious!?”

“That’s what the message says…”

“N-no way… Papyrus…?” Frisk said started crying a bit.

“What?” Chara said getting up. “What do you mean Papyrus? You killed him too.”

Frisk looked down realizing… would Papyrus remember what she did? If he does, would he forgive her…? “I… I don’t know if I should even see him if it actually is Papyrus. He must be angry with me…”

“Perhaps this is my sister’s doing… she must be reconstructing the world as you knew it before.” Luna said.

“But that doesn’t make any sense, we could just reset it.” Chara said bluntly.

Luna raised an eyebrow. “Under what cost?”

“...Fair point.” Chara shrugged.

“Why are you so angry anyways? You have your own body now because of what my sister did.”

“My own body, but only half a soul… after all how do we know that this soul sharing effect is guaranteed? I could just kill frisk myself and gain the other half right now for all I know…” Chara said glaring at Frisk.

“There is no way in Equestria I would ever allow you to try that.” Luna snorted.

“Ugh… this place sucks!” Chara exclaimed.

Suddenly another scroll appeared in front of Luna… it’s addressed to both Princess Luna and Celestia. “Another one…?” Luna said opening the scroll. “This one is from the Crystal empire now?” she kept reading on through the letter. Her eyes widened this time. “Oh dear…”

“W-what is it…?” Frisk asked hesitantly.

“Princess Cadence just informed me of another skeleton… this time appearing in her castle.”

“Another… skeleton…?” Chara asked getting wide-eyed. “It’s him… the damn comedian; I just know it is!”

“What’s going on?” Frisk asked. “How are Sans and Papyrus here?”

“None of this makes any sense!” Chara exclaimed. “So what now: You’re going to tell me that Sun Princess of your can bring people back from the dead!?”

“My sister did not inform me of this… no wonder she didn’t look worried.” Luna sighed. “I seriously wish she would communicate with me though.”

“S-so wait… if those two are back, doesn’t that mean--” Frisk was cut off seeing the door open. “Huh?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“All these… creatures are different from the monsters in the ruins.” Toriel said to herself passing by a crowd of ponies. All of them just giving her strange looks, similar to how they were for Frisk and Chara. Sure they were human. But Toriel was something else entirely. Suddenly while lost in thought, she felt a bump from below. “Hm?”

“Oh gracious I'm terribly sorry.” A white fancy dressed unicorn said apologizing. The unicorn looked up at Toriel… Only to be dumbfounded from seeing someone that wasn't even human this time! “Sweet Celestia… Who and… For that matter what are you?”

“Oh, forgive me. My name is Toriel…” She said helping the pony to her hooves.

“Well pleasure to meet you… Toriel. My name is Rarity.”

“Rarity… What a lovely name. I don't suppose you could help me.”

“Hm? Whatever do you need dear?”

“Well… I honestly don't know how I came here. I'm mainly looking for answers.”

“Well if you keep going to the castle over there, my friend Twilight may be able to answer your questions.”

“Thank you so much Rarity.” Toriel smiled heading to the direction of the castle.

“I hope you find the answers you’re looking for!” Rarity exclaimed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“S-so wait… if those two are back, doesn’t that mean--” Frisk was cut off seeing the door open. “Huh?”

“Heh… You know kid, it ain't as easy getting around in this place as it is back home.” Sans said angrily with a glowing blue eye.

Author's Note:

I know... I know... *sigh* sorry everyone... Everything's just been hectic and busy for me so I'm a little rusty...

Comments ( 22 )

Where in the world is Celestia getting THIS kind of power from?

Am I the only one who is hearing this right now?

7518510 :rainbowderp: The ability to overpower someone who literally 1-shots the universe and then puts it back together strikes me as something that could've come in handy during the Tirek incident.

“Heh, the old whoopee cushion in the hand trick. Never gets old.”

you know at the start of the chapter I wanted to say, why not trowing them all in, than just one by one.....
sometimes I prefer it if not just one character after another is joining the story, since that usually kind of prevented me from learning more about the original character and stuff like that. (I would have to think about it to explain it better, but I don't have the time right now)

Whoever I was happy about Papyrus and I always like Toriel.


7518654 I would totally love it to have Chara and Frisk fighting together
(if their fighting should have that game effect, which maybe even prevents magic from interrupting), only to get somehow stopped before Cara can kill Sans (annoying dog?)
----------------------
and suddenly I'm kind of okay with them joining the story, but I still hope you keep a limit to that.


7518735 somehow I got the feeling that Celestia is going to be some sort of ridiculous strong overlord final boss. (for whatever reason).
I kind of agree, making a new world or whatever you meant would be a bit to much, even for her. (at least as long as it is the same Celestia from the show, but still if it would be another Celestia, I can hardly believe her having that power.)

nice chapter so far,

Birds were singing, and flowers were blooming.

doesn't sans say something like that that to Genocide!Frisk?

Sans don't do that, now the kids can justify killing you if you attack them.

Uh Sans does not look happy, is it due to him thinking that Frisk broke the promise of not resetting the world? (Not really resetting it though since Frisk had no control of the situation their in now, and it's not really resetting). Hope to see an update to see what happens and what Sans does and where everyone else is. :twilightsmile:

7518482 . . .
. . .
. . .
. .

Toby Dog? :twilightblush:

7518654 0:16
When you barge in on the kids who murdered you:trollestia:

OHHH
GET SUPER DUNKED
WAIT SANS THE DIRTY BROTHER KILLER IS THE OTHER KID

The cliff hanger is real:pinkiegasp:

Oh, this won't end well.

I would like to have a new chapter please.

OH NO
THEY ARE SOOOO DEAD

......AHHHHHHHHHGHGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGHHHHHHHGHHHHHHYYYYHYUUUYYYHHHHHHHHHHHHHUHHHHHYUUUHUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJGGHHJHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And of course that's when it gets abandoned.

undertale is awesome

unleashedtwilight i hope you make more chapters for this story soon or in the future too

Me (Melee): Sans, you should have aimed at Chaarraaa...

Login or register to comment