• Published 16th Dec 2015
  • 3,271 Views, 19 Comments

Shadow and Twilight - The-Black-Knight



Things didn't go, as planned, in the Crystal Empire. Sombra was defeated, but he used a clone to try and take the Crystal Heart. Now, he has Twilight Sparkle captive, and trying to force her to become his student. Celestia, stricken with grief, sends

  • ...
3
 19
 3,271

Chapter Seven

Author's Note:

Disclaimer-…. Really, I seriously gotta put this here again? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Figured you guys would get the picture I don’t own the stuff I post except… Maybe a character here and there that I insert. LIKE FOR THIS ONE! I do not own anything MLP, that’s owned by Hasbro. HOWEVER! Mr. H, you’ll read his real name later, I do own… Take it, and I’ll sue the crapola outta ya. Yes, I actually do own the name and character design -.- TRADEMARK BITCHES! *holds up sign*

Chapter Seven: Remember, Forever

In a dark void, with strange stars floating around.

Twilight just floated around the empty space, crying at what she now regretted…. She’ll never see her friends, her family, or loved ones, ever again. “Now… I am forever alone.” She said to herself, feeling the coldness of the void, and curled up.

“Now Twilight…. What did the lullaby say about the darkness?” A familiar voice said, making Twilight’s eyes shoot open and looked to see a figure within the darkness.

“M-Mr. H? What are you doing here?” She asked, watching as the figure moved towards her. His eyes were glowing red, Twilight suddenly felt a hand be placed under her chin.

“Because I wanted to be here, Twilight…. Now, what did the lullaby say?”

“To not be afraid of the darkness, because I would find you inside…” She said, looking to the side before she was suddenly hugged. “H-Huh?”

“Yes, Twilight… So long as there is shadows, I will always be there for you.” He said, before the figure suddenly grew much larger, now towering over her small frame. “You deserve to see the real me, the me you called forth from the darkness.”

Twilight’s jaw suddenly dropped, as he watched the shadow reveal a shining metal body, claws that looked like they could tear down mountains, shadow flamed hair flowing from his head, and a blank metal mask with red eyes glowing behind it. “T-That is the real you?” She asked, seeing how it was kneeling down, and around the same height as the Crystal Palace.

“Yes… I can understand if you’re afraid to…” Helfrion looked down, after feeling something grab hold of his foot… His expression actually lightening, when he noticed Twilight was hugging his foot.

“I would never be afraid of you, Mr. H!” She yelled, still hugging his foot.

Helfrion slowly reached down, and picked Twilight up in his massive hands, holding her up to his mask. “Then call me by my name, Helfrion… But I didn’t just come here to reveal all this to you.” He said, allowing Twilight to shift on to one of his hands, using the other to reveal what was going on in the living world… Every pony had gathered around her statue, all crying at the loss of their friend. “I come… Because I couldn’t bare this.”

“B-But… I did it for them.” Twilight asked, looking at Helfrion’s mask. “You defeated Sombra, didn’t you, Helfrion?”

He gave a nod, “I destroyed him, for good, yes… But the pain is still real.” He looked towards her, away from the images. “You asked who my little sister was, correct?” Twilight nodded, still wanting to know. “Then I shall reveal who she is, and that she mourns your death the most.” His claws made a quick wave, revealing Celestia hugging Twilight’s stone figure.

“Princess Celestia… Is your little sister??” Twilight said, in surprise, looking up at Helfrion.

“Yes… As you have become, as well.” He suddenly held Twilight in both hands once more. “You have proven yourself to be worthy of the title, by sacrificing yourself for others.”

Twilight watched as Helfrion’s hands started to glow with shadow energy, surrounding her and wrapping around her. “H-Helfrion… What are you doing?” She asked, watching as the darkness surrounded her like never before. It soon felt warm, warmer than ever before. She felt like her body was about to burn up.

“Something any older brother would do for their dear baby sister…. You do not belong in this void, as I do not belong in the living realm… I am reversing your spell!” His voice boomed, without a second to protest, a flash of light exploded in Twilight’s face.

Back in the living world, outside of the Crystal Palace.

Helfrion’s eyes suddenly exploded with light, as the shadows spun around Twilight’s stone body… Creating a tornado of unstable energy. The wind suddenly picked up, causing the snow to fly all around them and preventing any to see what exactly was going on in Helfrion’s hands…. All except Celestia, who was awe struck by what he was doing.

When the wind let down, everyone looked up to see Helfrion falling to one knee, as he kept both hands up and a ball of light started to appear above him. It was obvious, the titan was losing his power and energy, the fact his body was shaking made that obvious.

“H-Helfrion… What are you doing?” Celestia asked, looking up at the titanic being.

His gaze fell down, stone starting to appear around his body. “Tell Luna… Her nights are beautiful. I would have enjoyed seeing them more than I already have, along with see her for once.” Helfrion said before his entire body was reduced to stone, a powerful shadow exploding from within him, and flew back into the door he came from. The door quickly closed, once it was inside, and disappeared from sight… His stone body starting to turn into back dust and falling into the wind...

The light slowly floated down, no one could tell what was going on, until it turned into Twilight Sparkle’s cutie mark. When it started to dim down, she was revealed at the center of it all. What caused the light to disperse from her, shocked everyone… Twilight allowed her wings to expand out, revealing she had transformed. Around her neck, was a necklace that had a black crystal star at the center of the chain.

Everyone slowly stepped forward, “T-Twilight?” Cadence asked, as her eyes slowly opened.

“H-Huh?” She said, noticing every pony was staring at her. “Where’s Helfrion?” Her first question was, looking around to try and find him. The group pointed behind her, making Twilight to see what had become of the titan that brought her back to life. “N-No…” She muttered, rushing up to the stone foot, quickly hugging it. “D-Don’t leave…”

To everyone’s surprise, who thought Helfrion was already gone, a voice suddenly whispered out. “Do not worry, Twilight… As I told you before. I’ll remain in the shadows around you, and always be there.” Helfrion’s voice said before his stone body suddenly started to collapse, his mask actually looking like it was crying from sparkling dust, turning into black dust around Twilight.

Sometime after the defeat of Sombra, and revival of Twilight.

Twilight was able to do her duties, as a new Princess, but had the help of both Celestia and Luna to do so. But, when things started to become far too extreme for her, where she felt that everything was starting to go completely wrong… She would feel a tugging on her mane, before seeing a shadowed tendril giving her a thumbs up, making her feel more confident about doing so.

When she defeated the villain Tirek, and gained her own castle, Twilight had a statue built in front of it. A statue that looked like Helfrion, holding his claws out and knelt down. Within the claw, were smaller statues of Celestia, Luna, and Twilight within his palm, like he was protecting them. There was an inscription beneath it that simply read:

No matter how hard trials seem, remember that, in the shadows… There will always be someone there to help.

Thank you, Big Brother Helfrion, for giving us the courage to continue forward when things became hard. We still await the day, for when you can stay among us.
-Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna.

Comments ( 12 )

Great Story 10 out of 10 :heart::derpytongue2::pinkiesmile::twilightsmile:

6750969 *points at the Author's Note* Mr. H is a creation of mine. From a Novel I wrote and designed.

I loved this story.:heart::heart::heart: The ending was so sad though it made me cry:fluttercry::raritycry:

7468471 I'm good that you liked it :3

I wish you wrote more of that story I am in if you are doing more!

Good Job on the story. : )

wow that was sad, and happy at the same time

It was obvious that Twilight Sparkle *The Element of Magic* would manage to control and use Shadow magic XD

Rereading over this story brought up memories....

EMOTIONAL CHAPTERY TALK THINGY TIME:

Chapter 1: I laughed at the authors note XD

Chapter 2: was a neutral chapter, but built up a heck of a lot of suspence as most of your stories usually do XD

Chapter 3: I cried at the emotional pain twily was feeling. Like-cried cried, I kid you not I actually did - I'M AN EMOTIONAL PERSON OKAY!?!?! :applecry:

Chapter 4: I realized Mr. H probably says the word 'easy' a billion times

Chapter 5: THE FEELS HIT ONCE AGAIN

Chapter 6: EVEN MORE FEELS AND CRYING

Chapter 7: I smile a sugar load at the happy moments, realized how much Mr. H says 'easy/easily' and laughed, cried at more of the sad moments and at the VERY end with the message.

All in all, this story tends to be one of those stories that you love at first when you read, and when you read it again for the second time after a while, its still just as good as when you first read it. I also realised how much I miss reading the older stories that are kinda just THERE in my favorites and that I don't tend to pay much attention to, espeshially when you go to a completely different genre you'll forget about the other good ones.

Either way its a pretty good story and full of feels and tears Xxx

SHIA OUTTTTTTTTTT.....😝😝

AWESOME story, Wish there was a sequel.

Twas wondering if you could put a link up for your story about your OC and or post a picture of your OC?

Login or register to comment