• Published 16th Dec 2015
  • 3,288 Views, 19 Comments

Shadow and Twilight - The-Black-Knight



Things didn't go, as planned, in the Crystal Empire. Sombra was defeated, but he used a clone to try and take the Crystal Heart. Now, he has Twilight Sparkle captive, and trying to force her to become his student. Celestia, stricken with grief, sends

  • ...
3
 19
 3,288

Chapter Six

Author's Note:

Disclaimer-…. Really, I seriously gotta put this here again? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Figured you guys would get the picture I don’t own the stuff I post except… Maybe a character here and there that I insert. LIKE FOR THIS ONE! I do not own anything MLP, that’s owned by Hasbro. HOWEVER! Mr. H, you’ll read his real name later, I do own… Take it, and I’ll sue the crapola outta ya. Yes, I actually do own the name and character design -.- TRADEMARK BITCHES! *holds up sign*

Chapter Six: King of Shadows

Sombra just looked at her, before suddenly chuckling. “A Magic Art… Designed to defeat evil!? You’re hilarious!” Sombra said, still laughing.

Twilight took a battle stance, her horn suddenly glowing with shadow energy, a white aura around it. “Then how about you try it? You may be surprised.” She taunted, making Sombra give her a deadpan look, his laughter stopping instantly.

“Oh…. I intend to.” Without a second thought, he sent his tendrils flying straight for the young mare in front of him, the others crying out for Twilight to move away, but she only smiled.

Shatris Tentalis!” She called out, and within seconds, several tendrils suddenly appeared and clashed with Sombra’s own! They had the same color of the energy around Twilight’s horn, and seemed to match Sombra’s own magic in strength. Each time a new tendril appeared, to strike the mare, another one of hers appeared and whipped it away from her!

“What!? Impossible, how can you cast that spell!? With so many of them, at that!” Sombra growled, feeling his magic being held back by the young mare.

“Easy… I was training, and it seems the magic took to me better than it did you.” Twilight taunted, the tendrils refusing to give ground to Sombra’s own. Those behind her, were shocked to see the magic Twilight was using, no more than Celesita was. Her eyes went wide, the tendrils gave her a familiar feeling.

“No more Mister Nice Tyrant… Warriors! Attack her, decimate this whelp!” He called out, warriors suddenly charged out.

Twilight saw them coming, the Crystal Guard preparing to charge but were stopped by her tendrils. “Don’t worry… I got this, every pony.” She said, before letting out another spell, that she learned from when Mr. H transferred the knowledge to her. “Shatris Nightmari Familiaris!” She called out, her shadow slowly grew bigger and stretched behind the mare. A figure rose from within her shadow and revealed the shadow monster from before, in a crouched position. The creature looked down at her, and tilted its head, wondering what she wanted it to do. “Keep the warriors back! But don’t kill them!” She ordered.

The Creature nodded, “Assss…. You command… Mother.” It said, before shifting towards the charging warriors. The mere sight of him, made the army stop in their tracks in fear, but the wail was what made them retreat! Each time a pony got brave enough to turn around and charge again, he would appear in front of them and release the terrible wail in their face, causing them to run away terrified.

“W-Where are you cowards going!? It’s just a familiar! It won’t hur-“ By then, Sombra’s army was in full retreat from the creature. “Damnit… I have to do everything myself!” His power started to grow, and began to overpower Twilight’s own tendrils.

“Did… Anyone else notice… That thing called Twilight ‘Mother’?” Rarity asked, feeling warm from the shadow blanket.

“Y-Yeah… Where did she learn all this? These aren’t the spells I’m used to seeing her have.” Rainbow Dash asked, looking at the others, who had no answer.

Celestia just watched her student, her eyes still wide in surprise. Twilight… Where in Equestria did you learn all this from? She thought, before she suddenly reached for the crystal on her chest, and just kept watching, in fear, as Sombra started to grow larger, and more powerful.

Twilight began to stress with keeping her tendrils around her, the familiar suddenly disappearing due to her concentration being broken. Sombra was starting to overpower the young mare, and she could feel it. Where did all that power suddenly come from…? She thought, looking up at the now giant Sombra, whose eyes were now just pure green. He was becoming a monster now, far more so than the familiar she summoned. He took on the ghostly appearance he had before gaining his body back during the first attack.

Twilight’s eyes widen as she felt the tendrils suddenly crack, and looked up just as they were all destroyed! She watched, in horror, as the stronger tendrils flew down straight towards her, and covered the spot she was standing. Everyone behind her suddenly screaming. “TWILIGHT!”

Within a dark abyss…

Twilight looked around, trying to figure out where she was. “H-Huh? A-Am I dead?” She asked herself, looking around and saw nothing.

“Nope… But you gave it a really good try.” A familiar voice said, making Twilight suddenly smile.

“Mr. H!” She yelled, turning to see the cloaked figure right behind her.

“In the cloak!” He chuckled a bit, as the mare hugged him. “Sorry I was late…. Grand entrance, you know?”

“Wait… So… What happened, if I’m not dead?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Didn’t I tell you? There is one shadow spell that can never be broken, no matter what is used against it.” He answered, letting the mare down and stood beside her, crossing both arms behind his back.

“Shatris Aegis!?” She gasped. “W-Was I able to cast it?”

“No… I did, hence why I am here.” He said, looking down at her, “Shall we return?” Twilight gave a nod, as Mr. H threw a hand out and allowed the shield to fall.

Outside of the shield.

Sombra was truly dumbstruck after noticing a large ball of shadow, when he removed his tendrils from their impact point. “T-The Shatris Aegis!? H-How did she-..” He was stopped, when the ball of shadow started to disappear, revealing Twilight, unharmed, and standing with another. “It was you!” He growled, seeing the cloaked figure.

“Seems like your plans are about to be ended, Sombra….” Twilight said, preparing to fight again, but quickly noticed that he was growing even more, his rage becoming unequalled. “Mr. H.. What’s happening to him?” She asked.

Mr. H just watched Sombra, as he grew. “He’s letting chaotic magic overtake his body… At this point, I’m afraid not even I could face him in this form.” He answered, honestly, giving a sigh. “I can only put up the Shatris Aegis when he attacks, I’ve gathered enough power to do that-…. Shit.” He ended, noticing that Sombra started to take a demonic look about him, his hooves turning into claws, his single horn joined by three. His laugh becoming echoed. “It is worse than I thought.”

“M-M-Mr. H…What do we do!?” She asked, looking up at him.

Behind them, everyone was slacked jaw at what they saw, Twilight had appeared unharmed, after she emerged from a ball of shadow. Their eyes were all on her, ignoring that the young mare was talking to herself… All except Celestia, who was staring at the spot just to Twilight’s right. “It… It… It can’t be…”

Cadence looked up at Celestia, tilting her head. “What is it, Princess Celestia?” She asked, before noticing that Celestia was… Actually crying!

“B-Big Brother!” She said, between her tears, everyone staring at her strangely. Before long, to help the others, Celestia used her magic around the other eight… Giving them the ability to see the sudden cloaked figure to Twilight’s right. Everyone gasped at the appearance, the being looked sagely, as if he was some sort of teacher standing defiantly with his student.

“Right now, Twilight, we have no real chance against him… He’s been corrupted too far.” Mr. H said, looking at the mare.

“But… I thought you were the one who created Shadow Magic, can’t you defeat him?” She asked.

Mr. H looked down at Twilight, and sighed. “I would be able to, with my real body… This cloaked form is no good against him.” He said, looking up at the demonic Sombra. “If only…” His attention snapped, when Twilight started to charge a spell. “Twilight… What are you doing!?”

Twilight remembered a spell that Mr. H transferred to her. It was one of the stronger spells he spoke of, and from what she figured, it was truly the strongest one of them all. The cost of it, was extremely high, a price she was willing to pay for those she loved. And, according to the spell’s description, it could summon some being to save everyone from Sombra. Her eyes were suddenly glowing with nothing but shadow energy, the white mist flaring around them.

“Twilight! NO! Stop, don’t use that spell!” Mr. H pleaded, attempting to grab the unicorn, but his sleeves just passed through her, harmlessly. He just looked at them, in shock, before returning his gaze to her. “Stop! Please! Don’t use it! It will kill you!”

Twilight started to float up, ignoring Mr. H’s pleas to stop. She felt the shadow energy within her start to flow, like a tidal wave of power. She grunted in pain, feeling like she was about to burst from the amount of power swelling within her. In an echoed, and powerful, voice… She yelled out the spell’s name. “Sharis Summonari… HELFRION!

“Twwwiiiiilight!” Mr. H screamed, reaching for her, but his cloak suddenly lost its form! Dropping into the snow. Within seconds, the cloak turned to dust, and floated away within the wind.

Twilight landed on her back legs, holding her hooves up like she was still floating. Her eyes still glowing with magic. From the bottom of her hooves, she started to turn into stone… It slowly seeped up her body, turning each inch into a white marble colored stone, like the Spirits of Harmony did to Discord.

“Twilight! What’s happening to her!?” Pinkie Pie screamed, the group mortified at the scene in front of them.

“Twily!!!” Shining Armor yelled, trying to get up but his body refused to move.

Celestia, regaining her strength through her spells, was the only one strong enough to rush to Twilight’s side, getting in front of the mare and looking into her glowing eyes. “Why are you doing this, Twilight!?” She screamed, hoping to reach her student.

“To.. Save… Every pony. And those I… Love.” She was able to say, before the stone had fully incased her small frame. Her answer actually made Celestia hug the statue, not wanting to believe what she was seeing…. Before a sound forced her eyes to open and look up.

A massive door exploded from the ground! The frame of it dark as the very night Luna brings to Equestria. Everyone, even Sombra, watched as the door reached up into the sky, standing taller than the Crystal Palace itself. Every pony, even those not able to use magic, could feel the very power just coming off of the door, and Celestia remembered this very door.

Within seconds, sweet, angelic voices, started to sing a song.

Sing to me, the song of Darkness…
Sing into the Night.
For the King has come.
The King of Shadows has come.

The doors suddenly started to open, more magic power actually escaping from the cracks within the door. Once it was wide enough, eight large blades slowly reached from within the door, grasping on to the frame like they were the fingers of some kind of nightmarish monster.

Evil beware, his passing.
For he shows no mercy.
For he is the Hunter of Evil
The King of Shadows!

The claws suddenly forced the doors to open violently! Revealing a massive creature made of nothing but metal, the claws turning out to be his hands His hair, made of nothing but shadow, draped down past his armored waste. The creature stood almost the same height as the door he was emerging from. Celestia could see the blazing red eyes within his blank, metal, mask.

The creature suddenly roared, rocking the very foundation of the ground every pony stood on. “SOMBRA!!!! I will obliterate you!!!” His voice was rough, and deep… It was the voice which belong to some God of Wrath.

Within seconds, the being leapt from the door, and pounced on to Sombra. The two titanic beings began to fight one another, their clashes actually causing shockwaves to occur. Celestia, who kept her hold on to the peaceful stone Twilight, watched in amazement. His very presence actually healing all of her wounds, even returning energy she had lost during the fight with Sombra.

The others rushed up to the stone Twilight, starting to cry before looking up at the titan that arrived due to Twilight sacrifice. “W-Who is he, Princess?” Fluttershy said, between her tears.

Celestia looked up, in pride, as she watched the being fight with no remorse for his enemy. “One of the Six Ancients that saved our world, when it was being invaded by demonic creatures…. He alone stood in front of the first Royal Castle, and held off the advance of an entire army with simple swings of his hands.” She closed her eyes, taking a second to collect her thoughts before yelling out his name. “He is the King of Shadows, He Who Sacrifices, and the second oldest Guardian…. Helfrion! My Big Brother.” She said the last part with pride, watching as Helfrion actually slammed his bladed claws into Sombra, ripping away the shadowed flesh, like it was real.

His attacks were ruthless, he just clawed at Sombra, like his sudden increase in power meant absolutely nothing. When Sombra could barely fight back, Helfrion grabbed him by the throat, and threw him to the side. “You wish to see real power, Sombra?” He asked, as the corrupted Sombra just growled. “Then allow me to show you, the power I used to banish Demon Lords!” Helfrion slammed both claws into the ground, and took a bracing stance. His mask slowly opened up, revealing a shadowed mouth filled with fangs that could only be used to rip apart whatever they bit into. “Breath of…” A large orb of shadow energy suddenly formed at his mouth, growing with each second, as he held it there. “The Abyss!” Within moments of his cast, the ball exploded forward, in a beam of intense magical power.

Sombra let out a defiant roar before the blast consumed him… The group watched, as Sombra was being torn apart by the energy, every piece of him tearing away each second until there was nothing left of him…. Not even his corrupted horn was left.

Every pony looked at their frozen friend, seeing how peaceful she was. When the ground started to shake around them, they all looked to see their savior towering over them….. Eyeing Twilight. “I-Is there something you can do?” Rarity asked, tears in her eyes.

“Of course there is! Didn’t you hear Princess Celestia, he’s strong enough to hold off an entire demon army! Turning her back shouldn’t be hard!” Rainbow Dash said, defiantly.

Celestia calmed the blue Pegasus down, wrapping the mare in her wing. “There isn’t anything he can do…. He was summoned through a spell that sacrifices the soul of who used it. He can’t bring her back.” A tear fell from Celestia’s eye, but she felt something rub across her cheek and wipe the tear away. To her surprise, it as the tip of Helfrion’s right claw.

“Tia…. Don’t cry.” His voice boomed, as he looked down at them, before reaching over with his hand, picking up the stone Twilight. He slowly stood up, placing her in both of his hands. The titan just looked at how peaceful she is, but also noticed how quiet everything was around her. “There is… Something I can do.” He looked back down at them. “It was good to see you again, Tia.”

Celestia tilted her head, “W-What are you going to do, Big Brother?” She asked, as he suddenly began to chuckle.

“Here I thought you forgot what I actually look like!” He slowly stopped, and looked back down at her. “Something I’ve done before… But this time, I am saving instead of protecting.” His red gaze returned to Twilight, eyeing her carefully. “She is very special, I was able to sense that much from her.”

“W-What are you going t-to do?” Fluttershy asked, her voice rather quiet.

Helfrion looked at the group below him, all their eyes were upon the metal titan, he looked back at Twilight and let out a light chuckle. “Tia… I understand you were able to figure out why I did what I did, correct?” He asked, looking at the Princess.

Celestia gave a nod, smiling up at him. “To protect your little sister, you decided to be the one who held back the demons.” She answered. “I figured that out, with my own little sister, Luna.”

Helfrion gave a slow nod, “Yes…” He just looked at stone Twilight. “Now I’ll save another little sister.” His eyes suddenly lit up with a blinding red light. “By returning what was taken away! Reversing the spell!”