• Published 23rd Aug 2015
  • 2,383 Views, 63 Comments

My Roommate, the Evil Siren - Mirai-chan



When Aria has nowhere else to go, she finds herself living in the same house as Fluttershy.

  • ...
3
 63
 2,383

My Friends and my Not-Friend

Fluttershy had a house-mate. This wasn't something she'd foreseen. At all. Especially since the person in question was Aria Blaze.

Aria Blaze. The mind controlling siren who had attempted to take over the world.

Fluttershy sighed to herself. This was a bad idea, and she knew it. But every time she thought about telling her new house-mate to leave, she felt too bad about it. Darn kindness! Always getting the better of her. Fluttershy had been so lost in her thoughts, she failed to notice a certain pink-haired girl leaving the nearby bakery.

"Fluttershy! Over heeeeere!"

Fluttershy jumped out of her skin at the sudden voice and looked around for a moment before spotting her excitable friend waving madly at her. Pinkie Pie bounced over to her and fell into step with her.

"Oh, good morning Pinkie." Fluttershy smiled at the younger girl, who seemed almost more excited than usual. "I don't often see you around here."

"Oh! I was helping out at the bakery again!" Pinkie beamed at her.

"You were? This early in the morning?" Fluttershy knew Pinkie went above and beyond to help people sometimes, but this was a little odd.

"Yes yes yes! And guess what? The Cakes were so happy about me helping them, they offered me a job there!" Pinkie skipped a little as she finished her sentence.

"That's great! You must be happy about it." Fluttershy's smile widened at Pinkie's infectious joy.

"Yup! I love helping out there, it's a great place to hold parties." They had reached the high school now. "Ooh! There's Rainbow. Rainbow Dassshhhh!"


"I'm super-duper happy! I can't believe they would let me work for them!"

"That's great Pinkie, but you have told us that like fifteen times already."

"We're very happy for you darling, but-" Both Rainbow Dash and Rarity were cut off by Pinkie's voice yet again.

"But I still can't believe it! They've employed me! Pinkie!"

"Yes, we know-"

Pinkie Pie didn't stop talking. The others sighed.

"Just leave her." Applejack said tiredly. "There's no point arguin' with that girl."

"You're right AJ." Rainbow flopped down. "She'll stop eventually."

Fluttershy hadn't really been listening to this exchange. She had spent most of the morning worrying about what she was going to do. She still didn't know how to tell her friends what had happened, so she couldn't get their help either.

"Fluttershy? Something wrong?" Sunset Shimmer had noticed her worried expression.

Fluttershy looked up. The source of the voice had a concerned look on her face.

"I'm fine."

Sunset raised an eyebrow sceptically.

"You sure? You look a little, y'know, terrified." The older girl offered a smile. "You can tell me." Fluttershy smiled slightly back at Sunset.

"I'm okay. Really. Y-you don't need to worry about me."

The rest of the day passed uneventfully.

Fluttershy bid her friends goodbye at the school doors, and hurried home, worrying all the way. What if something bad had happened? Someone may have gotten hurt. What about her animals? She arrived at her house out of breath.

"Aria? Hello? Are you there?" Fluttershy could hear a faint sound coming from upstairs. She rushed up them, dreading what may have happened.

"I've had just about enough of you, you stupid freaking rabbit!"

Fluttershy opened her bedroom door and surveyed the scene before her. Most of her animals were cowering in corners of her room, food spilled around the place. They all stared to the centre of the room. Aria was holding Angel by the ears up against the wall and glaring at him with a ferocity that could rival Fluttershy's stare.

"You may be able to get away with this under her watch, but I'm in charge now, and you. Answer. To. Me!"

Fluttershy blinked.

"Um..."

Aria glanced up.

"Thank God. I can't deal with these bratty little things any more. Take it from here." She dropped Angel and strode to the door. Fluttershy stared after her.

"H-huh..."


Fluttershy decided not to make any food that evening, and ordered a takeaway instead. This was another action her mother would deeply disapprove of, especially since it was "foreign"

Aria poked at the food suspiciously.

"What is this stuff?" She frowned at Fluttershy, who was already eating. Fluttershy swallowed.

"Chinese. You've never had it?"

"Nope." Aria scooped up some rice. "Looks weird."

Fluttershy giggled.

"It's nice. You should try some. That's rice." She pointed at the food on Aria's fork. Aria examined it and shrugged. She popped it in her mouth and her eyes widened.
Fluttershy stifled another laugh.

"Nice?"

Aria visibly tried to maintain a neutral expression.

"It's okay."

Fluttershy was about to respond when the doorbell rang, startling her.

"Who could that be?"

Fluttershy hurried to the door and opened it cautiously.

"Hi Fluttershy." Sunset Shimmer smiled at her.

"Hello Sunset. Um, what are you doing here?" Fluttershy opened the door wider.

"I came to see if you were okay. And Pinkie wanted you to have this." She handed over a box with the Sugarcube Corner logo on it. "We went to the bakery today. Rainbow called your cell, but she said you didn't answer." Sunset tilted her head, looking at Fluttershy expectantly.

"I was busy. W-with the animals and stuff. Sorry." Fluttershy fiddled with the cake box.

"Oh. That's fine. I just wanted to make sure nothing was-"

"Hey! Fluttershy!" Aria wandered into the hall. "You want this? Cause I can't sit across from it without eatin-" She stopped. She looked at Sunset.

Sunset stared at her.

Fluttershy shrank back.

Oh no.

Author's Note:

I had to write this with a man drilling into the side of my house very loudly, so this may not be the best quality. Feel free to point out my mistakes, tell me what you want improved.

Hope you enjoyed the new chapter of this fanfic thing! Thanks to everyone who liked, favourited, and commented. I really appreciate it.

Comments ( 32 )

Fluttershy stifled another laugh.
"Nice?"
Aria visibly tried to maintain a neutral expression.
"It's okay."

I wonder how many of her animal friends (if any) Fluttershy has tamed with food? It's certainly worth a shot with Aria.

Aaaaand yes, Aria and Angel Bunny; not Super Best Pals. That's sure to end well. :twilightsheepish:

"I'm super-duper happy! I can't believe they would let work for them!"

Should be "let me work for them!"

The source of the voice had a concerned look on on her face.

Only needs one "on".

*rolls around* THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

"You may be able to get away with this under her watch, but I'm pulling punches now, and you. Answer. To. Me!"

Bit of a mixed metaphor there. "Pulling your punches" means holding back and softening the blow. Which I'm pretty sure is not what you meant to say.

Also, that whole scene needed a bit more...anything. There's no description of what's going on. You don't show the reader ANYTHING that was happening. So it doesn't really have any impact.

6369127 That's not what I meant to say, I'll try to improve the wording. Any advice as to how to expand on that scene? Setting, appearance etc? Thanks for the honest feedback too.

6369278 Just needs some action. WHAT are the animals doing that's annoying her? What's the scene Fluttershy walked in on? Things like that.

Fluttershy shrank back.

Oh no.

Oh yes.

i.imgur.com/NnoGhN1.gif?noredirect

6383317 mind if I bring another chair? :derpytongue2:

6436700 *scoots over* No problem, just bring some popcorn.

6369278 wheres mah fanfic fix author

This should be interesting.

6541174

I'm curious to see how this goes.

6541192 Okay. I hope you're not disappointed.

6541254

Hardly, this is very amusing.

6541266 O-kay...? Pretty sure that's a compliment.

6541268

It is. I'm just eager to see where this goes if only for more shenanigans.

6541270 Sorry, I'm tired. Thanks :yay:

i love this so much can't wait for an update

I do hope you continue to work on this soon :twilightsmile:

7251248 Summer holidays are coming up, so hopefully I'll be able to.

Never seen those two paired together before today, but it works well, good job!

Someone suggested this to me. Will read later and let you know it is:twilightsheepish:

Finally got around to reading this. I got to say, this is really good. I hope you continue this:pinkiehappy:

7472548 (sorry for the late reply but) Somebody suggested it? Really?! :rainbowkiss:

8018773 They did. I don't remember who but it was really good. Much better then any of my stoires

Why was this cancelled?

Sunset looked at Fluttershy "So how long have you two been a thing? I'm guessing a while if your having dinner at home together."

Login or register to comment