• Published 18th May 2012
  • 2,606 Views, 33 Comments

The Party is Over - ChaoticHarmony



What happens when Pinkie runs out of party?

  • ...
2
 33
 2,606

Epilogue: The Party Starts Again

Dear Pound and Pumpkin Cake,

If you are reading this, it means I've gone to the great pony in the sky. I write this with a sad heart, so I don't want you crying too! If my last words caused you to cry, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself! If you are reading this still, I want you to stay happy! I want my last things that I leave on Equestria to be happy! I suppose that this IS a will though, so let me get on with my possessions.

To the bestest foals I've ever sat on, I leave Sugar Cube corner. This includes my magnificent cupcake recipes and party switches! Buuuuuuuuut, you have to find them!

To all the ponies of Ponyville, I leave my secret ball and eyepatch stashes, just in case they have a ball or eyepatch emergency, those happen you know!

To all the ponies of Equestria, I leave an invitation that is included in this will.

By now, I'm sure you two are sad and crying about me. I don't want you to do that! I'm not sad to go to the pony world in the sky! All my friends are waiting for me up there too. They miss their own party pony. So stop crying, and send my invitations!

Pound Cake put a hoof around his sister's shoulder, hugging her tightly and trying with no avail to hold in his own tears. With shaking hooves, Pound turned the envelope over and shook it. A small pink card came out of it, landing face-down on the ground. Turning it over, he read the cover. All it said was "You're Invited!"

And then he opened it with a shaking hoof the voice of Pinkie Pie echoed through the empty shop.

This is my singing last few words
I hope they find you well
All are invited to my funeral
Because you're all so swell

My death may be disaster
but it also can be great
There will be sadness and crying
My services first rate!

You may be sad and crying
both for me and for other stuff
but when it's all over
your tears I'll want to stop

No need to bring a gift
Being there will be enough
Funerals mean remembrance
not giving lots of stuff

It won't mean as much without you
So I hope you will say yes
So please oh please let me rest in peace
and come and be my guest

Hearing a giggle, Pound and Pumpkin looked over their shoulder to see their grandfoal, Sweetie Pie, dancing in time to the musical voice. Out of nowhere, a balloon was pulled out of it's hiding spot. Giggling at the face drawn on it, Sweetie Pie trotted over and handed it to Carrot Cake, looking at her with a hopeful smile. Pound looked at his sister, and saw a sad smile spread slowly over Pumpkin's face.

"The Party has only just begun sis."

Special thank you to CZFrank for pointing out my foalish error with the Cake's names!

Comments ( 25 )

That was so amazing!

I don't know why, but I'm smiling, no not at a death of someone, but at someone who is still cheering you up even after they are gone... :applecry:

"I'm not sad to go to the great pony world in the sky! All my freinds are waiting for me up there too."

I don't know why but that hit me really hard. Wonderful job on the story.

627612 You should go on to read my other two. They are a lot like this one, but with the other characters.

627658
I read the Fluttershy one, remember my comment on the song? Anyway I just finished the Rainbow Dash one, and Reading that one almost imediatly after this one had me on the verge of tears.

627683 Oh. I honestly have too many stories to keep track of nowadays.... hehehehe

627710
Just keep writing these amazing stories, and you can not keep track of them as much as you like! :rainbowlaugh:

627723 I assure you, I am! Twilight one is in the works. :twilightsmile:

....You....you sir.... Just..... Amazing. Just..... I'm gonna go ahead and leave this then go.. 4.bp.blogspot.com/-lEVlMao_blQ/TfOQEHV9dxI/AAAAAAAAAug/lG7lUyyIWLs/s1600/facebook_like_buton.png

642813 Giant guy with thumb approves? Ok then! :pinkiehappy:

886936 Huzzah! Success..... and this was the first one I've done XD

Nice, very sad indeed but nice.

I have a question though, who are Sweetie Pie's parents she is the grandfoal of Pumpkin and Pound Cake?

PORQUE?!?!?! :raritycry: :fluttercry:

Beautifully done!

lay down
try to leak liquid pride
leak liquid pride EVERWHERE!
A truly beautiful story that had me tearing up at the end. Very well done sir, I wish I could write at good as you.

Command taken. You're facing the first completed year, so let's go back and see how this started. Sidenote: Your magical list on your userpage is missing A Change Of Heart as well as Dashed Hopes and Reformed Dreams. But enough off-topic... *aehem*

Let's do the time-warp again!
A time, when the A/N didn't exist...

...or not. Because, in the very first sentences, namely

It seemed all these days that was the only question anypony asked her.

I couldn't suppress a laughter, as I somehow heard EQD complain about the positioning of the main message of the clause in the "that-phrase". Time traveling is so much fun!

But getting EQD aside, this one feels as old as it is. This one is like your core-style brought down to the point without anything around it. The final sadness of a pony's live and the mind-setting to it. The style also feels somehow raw in comparison to your newer works. I think I've never seen you using an exclamation mark in italics. It's not bad, mind you, just classic.

Carpe noctem,
-Chaodiurn

My heart :pinkiesad2:
...g-good story yes...the feels :moustache:

Of course, in my mind Pinkie is an Eldritch Abomination who happens to be friendly and so would never need a funeral. But this was quite effectively done. Nicely understated. The gaps between the words say so much more sometimes.

:applecry::fluttercry::raritycry:
Another good one for the loss of a loved one.
Now if I can just find a few good celebrations

My faust! The feels! Oh god the feels! I...I...I...:fluttercry::applecry::raritycry::raritydespair::pinkiesad2:! It's beautifully sad!

I was barely able to hold in the tears at this.
I'm guessing this is a story that takes place far in the future when they're all old and stuff.
Absolutely amazing read you did this amazingly well!

Login or register to comment