• Published 5th May 2015
  • 3,833 Views, 50 Comments

Hidden Spark - EbonyDanger



A dark curse lies upon Twilight. An old foe has chosen the Summer Sun Celebration to return. Using Twilight's body as her host. Can her friends save her, before it is too late?

  • ...
17
 50
 3,833

Epilogue: The Summer Sun Celebration

Applejack had no idea, how they managed to prepare the Summer Sun Celebration within one day. Thanks to Twilight's organication skills, the mane six had worked furiously as if there was no tomorrow. The farmer and Pinkie Pie had finished the buffet, which had used more baskets of apples then Applejack wanted to count. Fluttershy had helped Rarity with her dresses and cleaned up the decoration with Pinkie Pie.
Now whole Ponyville was standing in the mayor's house. Candles glowed in the darkness. The warm, orange light showed several bows of velvet, sticking on the balconery, sims and columns. Red, blue, violet, yellow, orange, green. They were working perfectly together and celebrated the life.
Applejack's eyes rested on Mayor Mare, who stood in front of the balconery. The light of a lamp shone on her brown fur and her greyisch mane was cleaned. She even was wearing a bow tie, which suited her perfectly. „Fillies and gentlecolts“, called Mayor Mare and looked at everyone, „It is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the real Summer Sun Celebration.“ The ponies sheered and laughed at one another.
„In just a few moments our town will witness the magic of the lowering of the moon and the raising of the sun.“ With a fast movement of her hoof, Mayor Mare pointed at the windows, which gleemed in the darkness like a pair of eyes. „And now it is my honour to present you the rulers of our land. The two sisters, who give us night and day, the bringers of harmony, the good, the wise, the brave, the loyal, the great Royal Sisters: Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.“
Fluttershy gave her birds a wink and they started to whistle a triumphic melodie. Celestia and Luna slowly stepped out of the balconery. Applejack whistled and poked Rarity in the side. „Good dresses“, she whispered.
Celestia was wearing a long, red dress, which made a nice colour gradient from yellow, to orange, to red. Rarity had added a long, shimmering scarf, which laid over the Solar Princess' back as if the sun itself had made the fabric for it. Firerubies, tiger's-eyes and yade shimmered on the dress in small dots. Princess Celestia was wearing her crown and a pair of golden boots.
Luna's dress seemed to be a piece of nightsky itself. It was black as inc, but on the edge laid a colour gradient from black, to violet, to blue. Thousands of silver shimmering lines were forming stars and constellations, which followed the Moon Princess' movement. On her collar was a line of amethyst.
Applejack shot a short glance at Rarity. She seemed really proud. The farmer smirked. She looked up at the two Princesses, who looked at one another, before Celestia adressed the crowd: „Citizens of Ponyville, we are gathered here together to celebrate the Summer Sun Celebration as a sign of the defeat of Nightmare Moon, a sign of the return of my beloved sister Princess Luna and now in this case as a sign of the light of friendship, which cannot be killed. Even by complete darkness.“
Celestia lifted her head and declared proudly: „Fillies and gentlecolts, my student Twilight Sparkle has suffered a terrible fate. But thanks to her friends, she has survived it. Therefore I now would like to welcome her, the Princess of Friendship, by my side. And to the good-will of all moral hearts, bear no ill-will against my student for she was not herself at that time.“
Celestia bowed shortly and stepped aside. Twilight carefully walked out of her hidden corner. Applejack's maw dropped. Rarity, you exelled yourself! Twilight was wearing a long, beautiful, rippeling and sparkeling dress, made out of purple velvet. Just like the dresses of the royal sisters, it had a colour gradient: From dark inc violet, to purple, to red, to pink and to a flaming orange. It was as if Rarity had did her best to catch the impression of the sky during the time, where the day died and the night began. Twilight was wearing a few, purple ribbons in her mane, which were decorated with small, violet stones.
Twilight stopped. Applejack could see the unease in her movements as she waved and smiled shyly. The purple alicorn had not forgotten, what she had done towards her nation as Hidden Spark. She was begging for forgiveness and was not sure, how her own kind would react to her. Applejack winked as Twilight's glance grazed her. Stay brave, sugarcube! This is over now.
Twilight dropped her hoof and looked at Celestia, who once again rose her voice to speak: „That Twilight is standing here besides me, is a true miracle. Therefor we are gathered here to honour the heorism of five ponies, who have once again proven their true friendship, freeing Twilight from Hidden Spark's toxic influence and saved Equestria from an eternal night.“
The mane five carefully stepped forwards. Applejack pushed her hat in a better position, while she looked around. The citizens cheered and clapped ther hooves. But as Celestia rose one hoof, the cheer died down. The Solar Princess explained: „But those ponies could have never done their great act, if they were not saved by three young fillies and one small dragon. I would like to give Ms Sweetie Belle, Ms Applebloom, Ms Scootaloo and Mr Spike an honourable mention for their bravery had proven: We all can make a difference to change our fates. Even if that difference is small.“
Someone, who stood outside, might have thought a bomb had exploded in the mayor house, because the noises now became even louder. Applejack looked at her younger sister. The three Cutiemark Cursaders seemed to be speechless. They just looked around in awe and surprise as thousands of ponies cheered their name and praised their act. Spike too looked rather nervous.
The mane five wore big smiles on their faces as they too rose their hooves and clapped. Applejack caught Applebloom's glance. „Good job, lil' sis“, she said. The yellow filly smiled shortly and turned red around her nose in embarassment and joy. The three fillies looked at one another and seemed to enjoy their honourable mention even more then the mane six had theirs. One day, little sister, you three will become heros in your own right. Ah am sure of that. And yah have made a small step forwards.
Applejack turned her head back towards the balconery. The cheer and claps died down and the audience rested their attention on the two Princesses. Luna sighted low, before she jumped upwards. Her wings softly moved back and fort. Her horn started to glow blue. Through the windows the ponies watched the change of the sky's colour. The dark turned violet, then red, then pink.
When it had this dye Celestia slowly rose into the sky as well. Spread wings and closed eyes. Both Princesses staid there as sun and moon met on an equal basis. The celestial bodies seemed to form a line. Applejack watched Twilight, who suddenley flew forwards. It looked as if she was jumping through the lack between sun and moon. A flash of purple light, shaped like a star, filled the room.
The mane five closed their eyes and smiled. As Applejack opened them again, she saw Twilight landing next to Luna. Princess Celestia flew higher and higher, until the sun had reached its final position. The bright light filled everything. The Solar Princess landed on the ground. The ponies cheered and clapped in awe and joy.
Applejack looked at Twilight and winked, smiling. Her friend and lover responded the small sign, before she gave them a nod to came on the balconery. The mane five did it. Applejack snuggled against Twilight, who rose her voice and started to sing:
„Day in Equestria shimmers.
Day in Equestria shines.
And I know for absolute certain
that everything is certainly fine.“
The mane six looked at one another and all made a wonderful chorus as they not just praised the Princesses, but everyone in the room:
„Life in Equestria shimmers.
Life in Equestria shines!
And I know for absolute certain
that everything, that everying,
yes everything is certainly fine.“
Twilight hugged Applejack and kissed her on the lips. Green emerald eyes locked with violet amethyst. The alicorn smiled. „Yes, everything is going to be just fine“, whispered Twilight and Applejack pulled her best friend into a hug. „Ya're right, sugarcube. Oh yes, you are.“

Author's Note:

It is done! Hidden Spark is finalley completed. OMG, I cannot believe it myself. I hope, those few people, who have read this story, enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I would be glad, if you could leave a comment, where you rate the story as a whole. The more detailed it is, the better I can improve my next stories. Thank you for all, who liked, read and favourited this story.

Comments ( 6 )

mate this was a great story and i really enjoyed it!

6120939
And where exactley is the spelling error?

6120952 Finalley is spelled Finally.:twilightblush: The language barrier is probably your biggest obstacle, I'd suggest an English speaking editor or an English spell check in Microsoft word at least. The weird sentence structure makes sense being it's not your language, but most word programs have a spell check feature that this story could use.:applejackunsure:

6239948
Yeah, sadly Libre Office does not have such stuff.

6618405
Because I do not have the nerves to correct this completed story.

This is good, BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, FIX THE GRAMMAR.

Login or register to comment