• Published 5th May 2015
  • 3,833 Views, 50 Comments

Hidden Spark - EbonyDanger



A dark curse lies upon Twilight. An old foe has chosen the Summer Sun Celebration to return. Using Twilight's body as her host. Can her friends save her, before it is too late?

  • ...
17
 50
 3,833

Long live Princess Hidden Spark

Canterlot was known as the City of Gold. And it deserved its title. The capital was beautiful, rich and bombastic. For the streets and houses only the finest and bestest material were used. The streets were full of ponies and the air had a natural scent of lovley aromas from food or perfume. Thick and sweet. Lamps gave a golden shimmer whenever nightfall casted its dark shadow above the city, turning the black sea into a violet ocean.

Mostly unicorns lived in Canterlot. There were the upper-middle class near the train station, which were mostly teachers, writers, professors and artists. The upper class lived in the heart of the city. Rich millionaires, stars, singers, owners of whole factories and organications, members, who worked in Canterlot Castle.

The castle itself towered behind a large mountain on a hill of blackish stone. It had given Canterlot the title City of Gold. The walls, towers and quarters were made of white marble, which gleemed in the light of Celestia's sun every morning, when she bathed the sky in red and orange. The roofs of the towers and quarters were traingles, cones and other nice geographic forms. They were made out of gold. Also other ornemants of the castle walls were golden.

The castle should show the power of Equestria's main ruler. Princess Celestia. The Solar Princess is still praised. Hidden Spark furrowed her brow as she walked towards the entrance gates. The alicorn had reached Canterlot in the evening. Although most ponies used the train, when they wanted to go into the capital city, a good flyer could reach Canterlot within three or four hours.

Hidden Spark snorted disgusted. They all boasted around in Celestia's precious light and worshipped her. The dark mare doubted that anything had actually changed. She had listened to some of the unicorns in Canterlot, when she had made her way through the cleaned streets, and apart from their boring everyday buisness, they all talked about Celestia.

Not for long. Hidden Spark crunched her teeth. In front of the entrance stood two guards, both mascular looking stallions with firm faces and a golden armor. As it was natural, they immediately crossed their spears to block her path. Hidden Spark stopped and lifted her head. Her eyes gleemed purple.

„Seriously is this a way to threat a Princess?“, she asked indignant and lifted her nose.
„Beg you pardon, your Majesty“, one of the guards said, „But we are ordered to protect the Princesses and therefor have to announce anyone, who would like to meet her royal Highness Princess Celestia.“

Hidden Spark opened her wings and stretched them backwards. „I am one of the Princesses“, she hissed, „And I am Celestia's star pupil. I have to speak with her about a matter of great importance.“ She lowered her head to stare at the guard, who instinctivly bowed and backed off in fear. „So if you don't mind, Sir?“

The guard gulped. „Of course, your Highness“, he said, „I'll announce you. Just give me a minute.“ And he ran off. Hidden Spark watched him and smirked. Now that seems to go easy. She rolled her wings, while folding them again. The mare looked around. She spotted two very large towers. One was in the east, the other one in the west. They both looked very different from another. While the one in the east was decorated with red, golden and orange ornaments, the one in the west had blue, purple and cobaltcoloured ornaments.

„Guard“, Hidden Spark asked and seemed to startle the remaining guard, „What are those towers for?“
The pegasus replied: „These towers are used by their Royal Highnesses, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, to raise the sun and the moon. The East Wing is Celestia's part of the castle. Princess Luna resides in the West Wing.“

„Ah.“ Hidden Spark chuckled. Now this is really good. Perhabs she could pick on each Princess in her private chambers. It would be too good to be true. Hidden Spark turned her head as the guard who had been announcing her to Princess Celestia came back, sprinting over the bridge that bypassed the river, which laid before the castle.

The guard bowed and explained: „Your Majesty, Princess Celestia would be honoured to welcome you in her throne room.“
Hidden Spark asked: „Do you mind assisting me, please?“
The guard shook his head and walked forwards. The dark alicorn followed him, a sinister smile on her face.

„What is Princess Celestia doing at the moment?“, asked Hidden Spark and slowly walked besides the guard. They were met by several servants, who ran around the castle corridors like ants in a tunnle.
„She is dining“, explained the guard, „One of the kitchenfoals brought her her meal as I announced you.“

They walked around a corner and finally stood in front of a large, two winged, brown door with golden handles. Those were shaped like the heads of unicorns with Pegasi wings. „One moment, Princess.“ The guard knocked against the door and opened it. He stepped beside the door, pulled his shoulders back and announced with a lifted head: „Princess Twilight Sparkle approaches!“

Hidden Spark slowly stepped inside the room. Her eyes scanned the area for possible obstacles, hiding places and other dangers. Celestia's throne room was long and large. Huge windows surrounded the alley. Their colourful images represented Equestrian history: the two Royal Sister's defeat against Discord, the Lunar rebellion, the defeat of Nightmare Moon via the Mane Six, the defeat of Discord via the Mane Six.

A long, bloodred carpet went through the hall and ended in front of Celestia's throne. Two golden carpets hang beside it, each on showing the silhouette of an alicorn. Hidden Spark spotted four guards, in every corner of the room one. Fine. This means, I will have to get rid of those guys as well. She lowered her head. Not that this would be difficult. Hidden Spark was confident of her skills and pretty sure, she could manage this.

Princess Celestia was sitting on her throne. In front of her, enwrapped in a golden aura, floated a bowl of darkred tomato soup with a little hill of sour cream and parsley on it. Next to it, on a small wagon, stood a glass of sparkling water and a baguette. Celestia had kept her eyes closed, while dipping the bread into the soup and taking a bite from it. She was moving as calm and coolly, you can only do, if half the world is yours.

Hidden Spark stared at the Princess and felt her own hate, coming out of the shadows. This alicorn would not realize danger, even if it was jumping at her face. Her tyrant rule, full of sweet lies, disgusted the dark mare. But not for long, not for long. Very carefully and very slowly Hidden Spark breathed out.

With an immense amount of self-controll she stepped forwards and said: „Good evening, Princess Celestia.“ The ruler opened her eyes and rested them on her personal student. A motherly smile caressed her lips.
„Twilight Sparkle“, Celestia greeted her, „So lovley to see you, my faithful student.“

She used her magic to place the bread and plate of soup back on the wagon.
Celestia folded her wings on her back. „You said, you have an important message for me“, she asked.
„Yes.“ Hidden Spark nodded.
Celestia put her head on one side. „Is anything with the preparetion of the Summer Sun Celebration?“, asked the mare.

Hidden Spark slowly walked forwards. She chuckled. „Oh, the preparations“, she mocked, „They are going really well.“ She stopped next to the plate and eyed the soup. Her magic enwrapped itself around the spoon as she levitated it and took a sip from the tomato soup. „I hope, the meal is good“, she said lazily, „After all, every ruler deserves a good dinner, before his last end.“

Celestia turned her head around. She narrowed her eyes. „Twilight Sparkle“, the Princess called, „What is the meaning of this? Why are you acting like this? This is not like you.“ Hidden Spark slowly walked behind the throne. The mare laughed darkly. Oh, this Princess is so unaware. She always has to believe the best in ponies. Celestia had made this mistake once and now it would cost her her throne again.

Slowly Hidden Spark stepped out of the right corner of the throne. Her first purple eyes turned yellow and the pupil became as small and slit as the one of a serpent. Her coat darkned. Celestia gasped in shock. „Twilight?“, she asked, „What is going on here? I demand an explanation! You are not the pony I used to know. What happened to my faithful student?“ Her voice sounded firm now and she narrowed her eyes.

Hidden Spark smiled and lifted her head. The mare slowly folded her wings and cleared her throath. She started to sing with a charming, elegant, sweet, but low sounding threatening voice:

„If you want the picture of a charming Princess, I take the cake.

But now you find me all the more alarming, scince I am charming as a rattle snake.

My kind, bookish and loyal personality was like a dream.

But now that you are awake, the harsh reality is: Things aren't always what they seem!

Taken in by my childish grin.

you have failed to note the pointy theet.

I am no fraud, but beneath this warm fassade.

I am Princess Hidden Spark underneath!“

Hidden Spark opened her wings and laughed. The guards seemed to be as startled as Celestia was. The melodie of her dark confession song was so catchy, that they better listened to the end instead of going after her. No one seemed to prepare for any attack. She had their full attention.

„Just look at what a perfect royal ruler, I am gonna make!

'Cause everypony is absolutly unaware, I now controll their fates.

You and your sister have been granted for the plots I plan.

And my gratitude is perfond and large.

Now is the time for the world to know,

that I am hardly harmless, no light in my hearth, but dark.

No, I am Princess Hidden Spark!

And I am in charge.“

Hidden Spark stopped, opened her wings and bared her fangs. Celestia stood up. Her glance turned firm, angry and sad. „Twilight!“, she called, „It does not need to be like this. Stop this madness!“ Hidden Spark stared into the dawncoloured eyes. Although Princess Celestia tried her best to look firm and in controll, the dark mare could see a broken heart, swimming in those eyes.

„Twilight Sparkle?“ Her voice had never sounded more disdainfully. The dark mare did not hide her feelings anymore. Now she showed, what she felt for Celestia: Anchorless contempt. „Call me Hidden Spark. After all, there is no Twilight anymore. Doesn't this remind you of something, Celestia?“

For a short moment the serious face seemed to melt. In a couple of seconds Celestia looked incredibly weak and sad. As if those words had ripped open old, deep wounds, which had taken years to heal. „You!“, she breathed, „I cannot believe it. You already took my sister from me, Nightmare, and now you want to take my student as well.“

Celestia took a step forwards. „I urge you to stop this“, she explained, „Release Twilight. Otherwise you will suffer the consequences.“
Hidden Spark laughed. „Do you want to threat me with the Elements of Harmony?“, she mocked, „I guess, you know very well, that they are powerless without all representors. And it is too good to see your face. Now you know, how it is, when somepony takes everything away from you. When all your efforts are shattered in front of your hooves so close in front of your goal.”

Celestia sighted and folded her wings. She shook her head. “Hidden Spark”, she repeated, “I beg you, I urge you to stop this. Release Twilight. She has got nothing to do with our ancient struggle.” Hidden Spark laughed. Silly filly! How long would it take for Celestia's blinded eyes to see her own lies?

The mare flapped her wings. “In contrast”, she shouted, “She has got as much to do with our struggle as you and Luna. After all she hit me with a rainbow strand. Do you know how it feels like, when you are ripped apart, skinned like a rabbit? It hurts really badly! And it is your faulth I had to go through this agony. You told your precious student about the Elements of Harmony and set her against me. You made my reign end. You send me to the moon. You took everything away from me.”

Hidden Spark smirked and pushed her head forwards. “Therefor”, she spat, “I have taken what is precious to you. First your own sister and now your beloved and faithful student. And the next thing I take is your crown. I will end this dirarchy of lies!” Her mane bristled and her eyes glowed like the ones of a demon. Her own rage and the desire for revenge burned in her veins. She had been waiting for this moment of reveal for days, months. So what do you now, Celestia? How much is Twilight worth for you? Or do you want to send her to the moon as well?

Celestia answered: “Hidden Spark, you have to free Twilight from your vengence or you’ll pay the penance. Do I really have to call this sentence?“ She shivered and closed her eyes. „Guards!“, called Celestia and regret made every of her words heavy, „Arrest her.“

Hidden Spark looked around. The four guards had melted from their frozen position. Now they ran after the dark mare. The alicorn roared with laughter and rose to her hindlegs. Her horn flared red. As her hooves met the ground, several purple crystal's pieces were floating around her. Another glow, Hidden Spark yerked her head around and the shattered pieces rushed after the guards.

They howled in agony as the sharp edges cut through their flesh. As they stumbled to find a safe stand back, Hidden Spark's eyes glowed golden and several lightning bolts crushed down on them like the scythe of justice. The royal guards collapsed, their fur was fuming with smoke and they looked like a bunch of slapped children.

Hidden Spark smirked and rested her glance on Celestia. The mare looked around. Her eyes were wide and tears glittered in them. She was shocked by this amount of distruction. Celestia turned around and stared at the dark mare. Her glance again became firm, strict, but pain laid in it like spilled blood from a fresh wound.

„You were foolish to reveal your true self“, Celestia said. She and Hidden Spark rushed forwards, until their horns met with a low, sharp crack. „I will protect my subjects from you“, declared the Solar Princess as she rose into the sky, „And I will save Twilight from herself.“ Her horn started to glow golden. Hidden Spark jumped aside as the beam shot past her, bright and golden like pure sunlight.

The dark mare rose into the sky and started her counterattack. The two alicorns flew around the castle, two colourful strands, bright and oscillating from magical energy. Again and again the golden and the purple strand hit one another, only to seperate. It was a fast and angry movement. Like two blades, that were crossed in a swordfight. Hidden Spark was fighting with one simple goal: She wanted to kill Celestia. Never before this urge had been seen so clearly on Twilight's face.

The magical aura that surrounded them touched one another once more as they crashed into each other. The shields drizzled sparks, where they made contact. Hidden Spark bared her teeth. Her eyes were narrowed and full of hate as they stared in Celestia's face. The Solar Princess looked sad and desperate, trapped in her precious and wounded memories.

The two of them seperated. Hidden Spark's horn started to flare bloodred. She yerked her head back and fired an enormous, reddish glowing, purple beam after Celestia. The white mare had made a simple shield, but when she realized, it would break, she dashed around the beam and flew towards the dark mare.

Their bodies met in a cruel embrance. Hidden Spark kicked Celestia in the stomach. As the Princess lost control over her wings for a couple of seconds and fell down like a wingless bird, the dark mare fired another beam after her to tore her appart. As an immortal alicorn Celestia had immense power and magical abilities. Twilight may be a made alicorn, but Nightmare gave her host body a magic as powerful as immortal alicorn magic.

Celestia flew forwards and avoided the beam that way. Too bad! Hidden Spark crunched her teeth. She kept fireing at Celestia. The white alicorn flew in a zigzag lines. She finally rose upwards and shot. The golden strand caught Hidden Spark out of surprise and she met with an immense heat. The mare growled as she was pushed down by the immense force.

Still Celestia was holding back. Just like she had done during the fight between Nightmare Moon and her. Only when she had not had any other option, had she used the Elements of Harmony against Nightmare. Hidden Spark knew, if she had been any other villain, this could have been her end. But because Celestia was not using her full powers, the dark mare could free herself from the beam's grasp.

Well, well. Too bad I am not afraid to use my full powers. Hidden Spark roared and shot her biggest and strongest beam after Celestia. It was met in midair with a similiar, golden beam. The two alicorns were seperated by this long strand of canalised magic and did their best to push it in the direction of their opponent. Hidden Spark and Celestia knew, whoever would win this strandwar, won the entire battle.

Salvia ran out of the corner of Hidden Spark's maw. She pulled back her lips and showed her fangs, crunching with them. Her horn trembled from the strong energie and force, which laid on it. But she would not back down. Not now. Not so short in front of her goal. She could only imagine, that Celestia probably made a similiar face.

For a very long moment it was as if the magical strands were holding themselves in a balance. Then Hidden Spark felt the beam, pushing in her direction. „No!“, she panted, „No. NO!“ Her own fear seemed to have an influence on her magic for it was now working in self-defence. With a loud roar Hidden Spark started to push Celestia's part of the beam in the opposite direction.

She thought, she could hear a whimpering sound, maybe a mumbled version of the words „Not again, please.“ Then the beam hit Celestia's horn. A loud explosion could be heard and darkpurple smoke formed a cloud around the area, where the Solar Princess had been. The white mare was falling out of the cloud. She hit the edge of the throne with her head and slammed on the ground in a boundle of white fur and crumbled wings.

„Ha!“, roared Hidden Spark and started laughing, while she kept herself in the air, „Twilight Sparkle's magic is even more powerful then I have thought. But it should not be a surprise. After all, she is the representor of the Element of Magic. It is still amazing how strong she is.“

Hidden Spark landed on the ground in front of Celestia. The alicorn laid on one side. She had several scars and open, small wounds on her face and neck. Dust clouded the purewhite coat and her mane was a mass. Sneekering to herself, the dark alicorn slowly came closer.

„How does it feel, Celestia?“, asked Hidden Spark, „How does it feel to know, that you not just failed yourself, your sister, your subjects, but most of all, that you failed Twilight, who had trusted you the most?“ Celestia coughed. She tried to get on her hooves, but the explosion had cost her her strength.

Her dawncoloured eyes rested on Hidden Spark. Regret laid in them, sadness, guilt and so much love. There always had been love in her glance. Even when her sister had transformed herself into the monster called Nightmare Moon. Too much love to be responded. Such a waste.

„Please Hidden Spark“, whispered Celestia, „It is not too late. Stop this. Not for me, but stop it for Twilight! You will break her heart. You do not have to be evil. You are not supposed to be like that.“ Hidden Spark shook her head with a satisfied grin. She placed her fronthooves on Celestia's wings, making her whince in agony. „Don't you see? I will never stop. I am the personifikation of the evil in pony's hearts. So why should I stop?“

Her horn slowly started to glow red once more. Hidden Spark explained: „You cannot be killed just like me and it is really tempting to send you to your sun for a thousand years. So you can just feel the pain I felt. But I think, there is something worse then a neverending exile. To be a servant under my will, realizing what you are doing with no hope to stop it.“

Red fire surrounded Celestia, together with a orange dome. Her eyes widened, but as they did so, they became blank and reddish. The fire and the dome started to glow. It became so bright that Hidden Spark had to close her eyes. When she opened them, Celestia was no longer there.

***

This is odd. Luna threw her head backwards, her mane rippeling and sparkeling as she eyed the sky. It still was clearblue like the day and the sun stood high. But the sun should have started to set scince an hour. That is not normal. Celestia would never miss the time to set the sun. And I cannot raise the moon now.

She slowly turned around and walked away from the balconery, on which she had been standing. The alicorn transited the West Wing. Unlike the white, red, orange and gold, which decorated Celestia's part of the castle, her wings had several shades of the coloures blue, purple, silver and violet.

Several servants passed Luna's way and bowed as she stepped aside them. With a simple nod the Princess gave the silent order to them to continue their work. Her thoughts were racing. A strange chill had caught her scince she had noticed that there was something odd about the sun. Why wasn't Celestia setting it? Was something not right with her? It had to be. But why was Celestia not telling her that she was not feeling well? Even by letter?

The chill had increased as Luna was walking towards the throne room. Her fear travelled down her spine and crawled into her flesh. She did not know what was there to be afraid of and yet she felt fear. Fright, together with a dark foreshadowing. Luna had the weird feeling, she had been in a similiar situation before. But she could not tell, what it was.

„Sister?“ Luna pushed open the door of the throne room. Her maw dropped and she let out a cry of shock. The great hall was a mess. The windows were partly shattered and the carpet had been torn apart. Guards were laying around, moaning in pain and agony, half unconscious. Blood on the carpet and the marbled floor.

But most of all on Celestia's throne sat another pony. The dark mare had a strange familiarity with Twilight. Well, she shared the purple coat, but it was way darker, almost the colour the sky had, before the night embraced the land. In her blackish mane shimmered several bloodred strands. She was eyeing her hooves.

„Where is my sister?“, demanded Luna to know with a low anger in her voice and took a step forwards. Behind her the door clunked shut.
„Ah, Luna“, the fake Twilight said and lowered her hoof. She lifted her head. Yellow serpent eyes stared at the Princess of the Night. „So lovley to see you.“

The glance, the voice and this feeling of having been in such a situation before. But now from the other side of the coin. No! Please no! Luna caught her shock and avoided gasping. „Nightmare Moon“, she breathed out the name of her opponent. Old memories crashed down on her: sharp images, burning cold in her imagination. Why did her sins had to come so clear to the surface?

„Not another step.“

„Did you really expected me to sit idly by, while they all boast around in your precious light?“

„There can only be one Princess in Equestria. And that Princess shall be ME!“

„Luna! I will not fight you. You must lower the moon. It is your duty!“

„Luna? I am NIGHTMARE MOON.“

Nightmare chuckled. „Congratulations“, she said and clapped her hooves, „You figured it out faster then your sister. But I had suspected that already. Oh, and by the way: My name in this form is not Nightmare Moon. It is Hidden Spark!“

Luna stared at the dark alicorn and felt pure hatred, running through her veins together with an immense bitterness. „Where is my sister?“, she repeated her question sharply, „What have you done with her?“
Hidden Spark laughed and clicked her tongue. She turned her head around, so only one yellow eye looked at her. „You will join her soon enough. Don't worry. She is perfectly fine.“

Hidden Spark stood up and approached Luna slowly. „Luna, Luna, Luna“, she said with a sad chant. Her wing caressed the mare's shoulder. „You had it all. How foolish you were to give up your power. And for what? So called friends? Such weaklings. We could have it all. We could have been the rulers of Equestria and everypony would have seen your wonderful nights. You finally would have everything you had ever wanted.“

„You are wrong.“ Luna angrily pushed the caressing wing away. The blue mare made a step aside. She wanted to gain space between her and Nightmare Moon. Sins. The same situation. Just the other side of the coin. „My former goals mean nothing to me anymore. Ponies appreciate my night now. I am loved and worshipped just like my big sister is. I have no intention to plunge Equestria in eternal night.“

Hidden Spark sighted low. „Such a pity“, she whispered, „For I certainly won't stop. I will take Equestria and rule over it. I will cast an everlasting night. Those medling ponies will worship me out of their own fear.“ She laughed. Luna furrowed her brow. Unlike Celestia, who had a much softer core, she had learned to store away her feelings and block away her past. Still Hidden Spark's words scratched at the scab of the wounds.

I have to safe Equestria. Luna's horn began to glow. A blue aura caressed her weapon. If she did not end this madness now, nopony would. And the Moon Princess was sure, that Celestia had tried everything to talk sense into Hidden Spark. The dark mare had made it obvious that words won't change her attitude. So actions must speak.

„If you want Equestria“, declared Luna, „You will have to take it from me.“ She fired a blue beam at the dark mare. Hidden Spark shot into the air and avoided the attack with ease. She flapped her wings to stay on one spot and shot another beam at Luna. The mare gasped and jumped upwards. The curse burned a small part of the carpet, forming a black hole.

Luna's wings dashed through the air and she flew around Hidden Spark. She narrowed her eyes in fury. The mare fired another beam at Hidden Spark, who now made a purple gleaming shild around her. Her own spell hit the glowing wall and shattered like tiny falling stars.

Luna gasped as Hidden Spark's horn glowed and several darkred crystals floated around her. They were small, but the edges looked quite sharp. Oh, oh. The possessed alicorn threw her head around and the crystals flew towards the Lunar Princess like a swarm of angry wasps. Luna quickly spread her wings. She tilted herself aside and flew a sharp edge. Her eyes followed the crystals, which crashed into the wall next to the throne.

Luna flew towards Hidden Spark. The dark mare staid where she was. Both rose to their hindlegs in mid-air and crashed into one another. Both wrapped their hooves around each other shoulders. Luna yelled in pain as Hidden Spark digged her teeth into her neck and vicisouly started to pull. Damn those fangs! They were as sharp as the one of a Timberwolf.

For a short moment both struggled into the air, buckeling over, snapping and kicking at one another. While Celestia relied more on her magic, Luna had also learned to use her body as a weapon. And Hidden Spark could do the same. She had those strange fangs and she was not afraid of using them.

Luna felt the first bites on her neck and cheeks. Come on, Luna! The mare closed her eyes. Her horn started to glow blue. She made a giantic, blue wall, which was shaped like an hourglass, between the two of them. This forced both alicorns to seperated. They both landed on the ground. Luna breathed heavily. Blood ran down the small wounds.

The mare used her magic to heal the deepest injuries. Then she made the saphire shield disappear. Hidden Spark stared at her. Luna felt the heath of the fight and the tension in the air as thick as smoke, towering under the celling. But no one attacked. They waited for the next attack. The other side of the coin. Now Luna could imagine what Celestia had felt, when she had to fight against her. This sadness, this regret, this hate against oneselves.

Luna's horn started to glow once more. She used the same fabric for the hourglass again, but now she made several daggers, which were forming a line behind her. Hidden Spark narrowed her eyes, but staid silent. Luna's horn glowed again as she leviated the daggers. It is on! Her eyes turned white as she casted her spell.

The daggers shot after Hidden Spark ready to cut through her flesh. The dark mare yerked her head upwards, horn glowing. Out of nowhere shot a huge, purple crystal. Like small arrows the knifes crashed into the stone and staid stuck trembeling. Luna cut through the rock with a swing of her magic.

Hidden Spark yelled and stamped on the ground. As Luna flew to her direction out of the ground shot several huge, sharp edged crystals, ready to pierce her. Oh no! Luna gasped in shock. The blue mare shot several, small flashes of blue light and destroyed the crystals. Her wings flapped angrily as she reached out for Hidden Spark.

The possessed alicorn bared her teeth. Her eyes turned white. „Stand back, you foal!“, she shouted. Luna heard a thundering sound and smelled tin. Then white lightnings crushed down on her. Luna yelled in pain and agony. Her body twisted and her wings snapped. The bolts cut through her body and made her spine tremble.

The alicorn fell of the sky like a wounded bird. Luna rolled over the ground and stopped near a shattered window. She grunted in pain. Everything hurt. It was as if she had been burned alive. The agony pumped through her body like a heartbeat. I lost. She knew it, even before she opened her eyes.

Hidden Spark stood above her. She smiled and it almost looked kind, but her eyes were cold and mean. „I am sorry“, whimpered Luna. She was not sure to whom she was appologicing. Maybe to Celestia, maybe to Equestria's future, maybe to herself.

Hidden Spark declared: „You will be.“ Her horn flared darkred. Luna cried as she felt her mind slipped away. And the last thing, she clearly noticed, were the red flames, that danced around her and seemed to engulf her.

***

Now that was easy. Hidden Spark smirked and sneekered. She looked around. No princesses in her way anymore. Now she only needed to make sure, that Equestria worshipped its new queen. And that she would never be threatened again. Neither by the Elements of Harmony nor by any other weapon that could endanger her safety.

Hidden Spark teleported herself on the balconery of the Easttower. The sun shone above Canterlot, showing the city in all its glory and beauty. The dark mare closed her eyes. Her horn started to glow once again. The red became deeper and stronger. Hidden Spark's eyes shot open. They were so red one could not see her pupil or iris.

Long waves of red magic ran over Canterlot like the waves of a pond, when a stone was dropped into it. Small, but the circles were wide. As soon as they reached any pony it would look up and its eyes would turn red for a short moment. Hidden Spark was floating a few feet above the ground. Her mane and tail danced around her. Her wings were open and her horn was on fire.

As soon as the last red wave had reached the end of Canterlot the spell stopped. Hidden Spark sank on the ground of the balconery. She folded her wings. The dark mare had just casted the strongest mindcontrol spell, which had ever been performed in Canterlot. Compared to that Chrysalis' spell on Shining Armor was magic kindergarten.

Very nice, very nice indeed. A pleased smile on her face Hidden Spark turned around and walked back to the throne room. Every servant, who passed her way, gasped and fall on his knee, mumbling „Your Highness“, „Your Majesty“, „Princess“ and other lordiness titles. This was of course perfect. All was going well and smooth. Just like she had planned.

Hidden Spark sat down on the throne of Princess Celestia. The guards who now had calmed down from her lightning attack stood up and bowed deeply. Their snouts touched the ground. „All hail to you, Princess Twilight Sparkle!“, they called. Hidden Spark laughed and put her chin in her hoof. She had won. And that was all that mattered.

Author's Note:

Gosh, that chapter is long. Originally I planned to make it even longer. But because now there would be another point of view change (to Applejack), I decided to make a cut here.
The song "I am Princess Hidden Spark" is based on the song "Prince Charmless" from The Secret of Anastasia.