• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 11,380 Views, 209 Comments

Music is Magic - Twilight Nightmare



After being shunned from her brothers wedding, Twilight intends to show them that she can make it on her own without them.

  • ...
17
 209
 11,380

A Mother Should Be

“Can’t it wait until morning? We’re exhausted.” Sunset Shimmer yawned in their suite, a little worried that the huge arcane symbols on the floor wouldn’t clean up. Trixie had assured her that it would and Velvet had assured them that if for some reason it doesn’t, it would be taken care of. It looked more like something that would be up Twilight’s alley, not Trixie’s as Trixie’s specialty was in illusions.

“It’s best to do it while your minds are tired so they won’t fight back as much.” Trixie sighed, also kind of wanting to wait, but as Velvet and her moved the furniture out of the way and worked on the symbols, they came to the conclusion it would work better this way. Velvet had of course been a little worried, and still was, but relented that it was safe enough as this magic was Trixie’s specialty even if the rune part was a little out of her comfort zone.

“Why would our minds need to be so tired that they won’t fight back?” Twilight asked, her eyes folding back a little in worry. Magic that dealt with the mind was something she really didn’t like a lot. Especially after the wedding incident which made her think about her brother and Cadence. Apparently they haven’t been married yet as Cadence was holding out of finding Twilight, but had a wedding planned for a couple months time which was one of the stops on their tour.

“To empower the Celestial Gems you wouldn’t really have to deal with the mind, but they also wouldn’t do what you want. Celestial Soul Gems are another matter.” Trixie explained, rubbing her hoof on her cloak’s clasp, a gem set in the center. She took the gem off and handed it to Velvet.

“But we’d never find one of those, I thought we were using the Celestial Gems.” Twilight sighed.

“Like the regular gems, a very small sliver combined with another gem, in this case your Celestial Gems, would be enough. Actually even better as the Celestial Gems would amplify the Soul Gem’s power.” Trixie explained, “However the thing is…you both have to donate a drop of blood and a small piece of your soul.”

“No way! There’s no way I’m doing that!” Twilight gasped out, starting to hyperventilate.

“Twilight, I trust Trixie if she says it’s safe. Though I do want to know about donating a piece of or souls. Won’t that damage our souls?” Sunset asked, a little worried but having faith in her friend. They were once like sisters and that bond was still there, even if a little weakened.

“What about Vinyl?” Twilight asked, hoping for a diversion as she wasn’t too sure about doing this.

“She doesn’t need a gem as she doesn’t use illusion and it works better with just two anyways.” Trixie said, not telling them about the real reason why it works better with just two. Velvet had told her not to worry about that detail in a way that made Trixie wonder. “Taking a piece of your soul is no different than if you two had a foal together, well if one of you were a stallion anyways. Parents give a small portion of their soul to their child where the soul would grow into a full soul during pregnancy. The parents’ souls also heal very quickly so there is no danger to it and it takes nothing away from the parents.”

“What about reincarnation?” Sunset asked, actually curious and not questioning Trixie’s explanation of what was going to happen.

“As far as I know, reincarnation doesn’t happen as often as some believe. Sure it does happen, but only under special circumstances. Otherwise a soul goes to its eternal paradise or damnation depending on what they did during life.” Trixie explained, “There’s no need to worry, I promise, you both will be fine.”

“That explains about the soul, but what about the mind?” Twilight asked nervously, unsure if this was a good idea. She found herself looking to Sunset for any indication on what she wanted to do.

“The mind has to sync with the two gems as both of your mindscapes will merge during this. I’ll be there as well with Velvet to make sure that I’m not doing anything bad. I’ve already showed her how to cancel the spell if she believes either of you are in danger.” Trixie sighed, “You will be fully open to each other, so it is best that you tell each other anything that you are hiding before we start if there is anything you feel would hurt the other before this starts.”

“Wait, I thought you said it was best not to have too many ponies here for this.” Twilight said, swallowing nervously as she tried to come up with some valid reason to back out now. She would usually be excited seeing new magic, but she didn’t really like soul or blood magic which is what this was sounding like.

“We shouldn’t have too many here, but Velvet insists on making sure that you both are watched after which Trixie doesn’t blame her. After all she is your mother Twilight.” Trixie said, wishing that she had a mother as caring as that.

“We should get started if we plan on getting any sleep tonight.” Velvet said as she moved to stand next to Trixie in the center of the runes, pointing to the two spots on either side of them that had a small bowl at each spot with the Celestial gems in them. Trixie looked a little sad at the gem from her cloak’s clasp before breaking two small chips off the back before replacing it and floated one of the chips to each bowl.

“Trixie! Your mother left that to you!” Sunset gasped out.

“It’s ok, you can’t tell that it’s damaged like this.” Trixie sighed, though she really wished that she had another choice. She wanted to help Sunset though and after what Twilight had done for her, felt as if she owed the pony. “Each of you need to use your magic to make a small cut on your leg and let at least one drop of blood drip into the bowl. A few drops would be better though, it’s up to you how much you want to spare.”

Twilight watched Sunset do it without question so stilled her nerves and did the same. Letting several drops of blood drip into the bowl and watched in awe as the runes in the bowl flared and the two gems turn into a gel like substance and merged. It was kind of weird seeing such a thing, but the colors it kept creating in the merging substance was beautiful.

“Now get comfortable as your bodies will be in a trance like state while we travel to the Astral Plane and into your mind and soulscapes. Remember that nothing can hurt you there, but it is best that you don’t mess around and let me handle threading the magic and souls into the gems. When we are finished we will meet the artificial intelligence that will manage your illusions for you. As long as you two are within a mile of each other you will be able to talk back and forth through your gems and the closer you are the more powerful your illusions will be. When you are very close they can even take on a physical shape.” Trixie explained, making sure to tell them as much as she could remember before they started as interruptions could be bad which meant surprises could be bad. After all three ponies settled down in their circles, Trixie followed suit getting comfortable next to Velvet. She wouldn’t admit it, but it was nice to be close to someone she would have given anything to have had as a mother. “Okay, here we go.”


Twilight found herself in a cloudy place, that had no actual sky yet no ceiling like a cave or room. There was mists everywhere she looked and she couldn’t find any pony anywhere. She wasn’t sure where she was, but she had a feeling that she should know. As she walked through the mists she saw small bubbles floating by with images playing in them that drew her attention. Picking one up in her hooves she saw herself snuggled with a fiery pony that after a few moments she remembered was Sunset Shimmer.

“I’m in our shared mindscape!” Twilight gasped out, remembering what was happening. She couldn’t see any of the others anywhere close by as she picked up another bubble.

“Twilight, stop!” A frantic voice called out drawing Twilight’s attention to look up to see Sunset rushing toward her. Unsure of why she seemed so scared, Twilight looked back down in the bubble to see…

“Wh-what?” Twilight swallowed in shock, seeing an image of Sunset and her making love. She couldn’t help feeling her cheeks heat up in a blush as she stared wide eyed at the images that she knew wasn’t in from her mind, though she knew she did have several dreams a little similar.

“I’m sorry, Twilight.” Sunset sighed, hanging her head as her ears folded back. “I didn’t want you to see that. I was hoping I could keep you from seeing that.”

“Are these dreams?” Twilight asked, feeling a little strange. She should be a little put off by it yet she couldn’t stop thinking about what she just saw. In all honesty she really wouldn’t be against having a relationship with Sunset, but she had no idea how to go about it. And she knew she wasn’t ready for doing what that bubble had in it.

“F-fantasies.” Sunset gulped out, finding it impossible to lie. “I can’t keep myself from thinking about you. I like you, a lot. I think I might even love you.”

“Sunset, I don’t know what to say or do.” Twilight sighed, unsure of what she should do or what she was expected to do in this situation.

“I’m sorry Twilight. I know I’m a sorry excuse of a mare.” Sunset whimpered as Twilight moved forward and tipped Sunset’s head to look up at Twilight.

“You aren’t a sorry excuse of a mare, if any pony is, it’s me. I like you Sunset, I’m more than willing to explore a relationship with you. I’m just not ready for doing that and I have no idea what to do. I’ve never even dated before.” Twilight said, nuzzling Sunset.

“We can learn together.” Sunset said with a soft smile.

“I was wondering when you two would finally admit that you liked each other.” Velvet said walking out of the mists with a huge grin on her face. “See, I told you that you wouldn’t have to worry about the gems bonding them together.”

“Bonding us?” Twilight squeaked in panic.

“A small bond, it wouldn’t hurt either of you and if you decided to go different paths someday it wouldn’t effect either of you. If you have feelings though, it will help the bond and increase the effectiveness of the spell matrices.” Trixie explained, “Trixie is going to get started now.”

“Go ahead dear.” Velvet said with a soft smile to the mare, studying Trixie closely as she watched the blue unicorn go about her work. The mist slowly cleared away forming a clearing where Sunset and Twilight vanished from their position to reappear in the middle of the clearing facing each other with a glowing gem floating before each with a couple yards between the two.

Trixie trotted to the middle, closing her eyes as she concentrated, magic flowing from her horn and into the gem which also flowed through it to it’s unicorn. Trixie concentrated as the gems started glowing brighter and brighter before Trixie took a few steps back as a beam shot from both of the gems and met in the middle of the clearing. Slowly the light where the two beams met started changing and growing, taking shape of a pony just a little smaller than Twilight and Sunset themselves.

Finally the shape finished growing and the lights died down leaving behind a mare seemingly a little younger than Twilight and Sunset themselves. It was a light purple mare with pastel rainbow colored mane and glowing purple eyes. There were no irises or anything, just a glowing purple that seemed to be pure magic.

“Hello Synergy.” Trixie gasped out, sounding as if she had run a marathon.

“Good morning.” The younger pony smiled a little, moving her mouth a little as if testing it.

“Are you properly formed?” Trixie asked, “Can you access your magic and memories? Can you see the forms that Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer like to keep? Will you be able to maintain them?”

“Of course I can maintain both of my moms’ illusions for them.” The young mare smiled brightly as her eyes stopped glowing to show normal purple eyes making Trixie look worried.

“Moms?” Trixie asked as the young mare looked up at them with loving eyes.

“They are my moms aren’t they?” Synergy asked, cocking her head to the side. “Hey, does that mean that you are my dad? How can you be my dad though when you’re a girl to?”

“Umm, Trixie, I thought you said she would be an artificial intelligence.” Twilight whispered when she slowly made her way to Trixie’s side as Synergy hoped up to Velvet looking up in her shocked eyes.

“Are you my grams?” Synergy asked Velvet excitedly, the older mare smiling nervously.

“Of course I am, dear.” Velvet said as she reached out to nuzzle Synergy, shocked to find her solid.

“Congratulations, your both mothers.” Trixie chuckled weakly, unsure of what went wrong. Only things he could figure out was that the two already had a bond and the extra power the Celestial Gems had actually created something more than an artificial intelligence that would act as an interface to the enchantments on the gems. Did that mean that this Synergy was alive?


Twilight, Velvet and Sunset had all gathered in the kitchen of the suite while Trixie slept on one of the beds while Synergy sat on the balcony looking out at the night sky. They found that the illusion was scared to stay in the gemspace and begged to be allowed to stay out when they left the astral plane. Unsure of what to do they let her do so and were surprised to find that she didn’t have to stay in a direct line of sight to the gems. In fact she could move about freely and was just as physical as she was inside of the spell. Of course they knew if she went too far the magic would weaken and she would be nothing more than a regular illusion.

Sunset sighed, rubbing the black band around her neck that held a gem in the shape of Twilight’s cutie mark. Twilight had a silver band with her gem matching Sunset’s which Trixie informed the two they would have to wear the other’s gem for full effect of the enchantments as they worked off the bond they shared.

“I think you girls should treat her like any other pony.” Velvet said, “Even if you can’t see her as your daughter, she is alive and deserves to be treated as such.”

“Your right mo…” Twilight started to ay finally, but was cut off when they heard the voice coming from the other room.

“A mother should be a good mare, a mother should be wise! A mother should be wise and strong, with laughter in her eyes!” The voice sang, the three walking out into the room to see the balcony door open as Synergy sang her heart out.

“A mother should be behind you, a mother should be there! A mother should be someone, who always treats you fair!” Synergy sang, tears forming in her eyes. She stopped when Sunset and Twilight walked out, sitting on either side of her.

“We will be there for you if you let us.” Twilight said, nuzzling Synergy from her side.

“We are your mothers after all.” Sunset said smiling to the other two as velvet watched on with a smile on her face before turning back to look at Trixie with a sad look.

Author's Note:

Since it won't make a huge impact on the story, we decided to leave two things up to all of you. Firstly, should Synergy have an actual name such as Summer Rose? And secondly, it is one of my main headcanonons, but I didn't plan to use it in the story though my GF is starting to like the idea though she's also unsure. So we decided to let you all decide this as well, should Trixie be Twilight;s sister that was either kidnapped, lost or somehow ended up in an orphanage?

Anyways, let us know what you think about that.

:twilightsmile:

Comments ( 78 )

I say yes to Synergy getting a name, but as for Trixie, i tnink it would be better if they were cousins. Seeing as Trixie doesnt have a color scheme thats even close to any of tne Sparkles, it would be hard to see her as Twilight's sister. So i say make Trixie her cousin, or maube adopted sister could work. However the choice and decision is yours seeing as how its your story

Hmmm... maybe you should take it up with Michael_Ravencroft; he actually made a believable headcannon and fic for the Trixie being Twilight's sister thing

Sorry, my GF pointed out that the video wasn't loading so I checked and I guess I may have forgotten it. Anyways, it's added now so enjoy :twilightsmile:

5943340

I say yes to Synergy getting a name, but as for Trixie, i tnink it would be better if they were cousins. Seeing as Trixie doesnt have a color scheme thats even close to any of tne Sparkles, it would be hard to see her as Twilight's sister. So i say make Trixie her cousin, or maube adopted sister could work. However the choice and decision is yours seeing as how its your story

Ok, so far a yes for a name (Possibly Summer Rose as she's always Twilight's daughter in my stories) and we do like the idea of cousins. Maybe Velvet was estranged from her sister and her sister was on the other side of Equestria and by the time Velvet learned about it Trixie was shipped off to an orphange in another city. Maybe something with paper work or Trixie being left with a sitter who didn't know much about them making it hard to be tracked down. We will have to work on that if cousingsis it, but a great idea, thank you :twilightsmile:


5943519

Hmmm... maybe you should take it up with Michael_Ravencroft; he actually made a believable headcannon and fic for the Trixie being Twilight's sister thing

I'll have to look into his story then as I love the idea of Trixie being Twilight's sister, thank you :twilightsmile:

Trioxide and twilight being sisters would be cool, and a name for Synergy would be nice.

5943699 Yay, 2 votes for an actual name. Also, so far we have votes for cousin and sister. I personally love both ideas, even though didn't originally plan for either in the story but so far everyone seems ok with the idea, thank you very much :twilightsmile: (PS: If you didn't see the video but want to, I went back and added it after my GF pointed out it wasn't loading :twilightsmile: )

5943696 im glad that you liked my idea. If you ever need or want help or suggestions dont be afraid to ask. Im always willing to help :twilightsmile:

i vote to give synergy a name.
small question here why not have trixie be sunsets sister its not that far of a strech

yes to Synergy getting a name and like the others I would love to see Trixie become part of Twilights family even if that she is adopted.

“Like the regular gems, a very small sliver combined with another gem, in this case your Celestial Gems, would be enough. Actually even better as the Celestial Gems would amplify the Soul Gem’s power.” Trixie explained, “However the thing is…you both have to donate a drop of blood and a small piece of your soul.

Okay! I thought something sounded iffy about this last chapter, but now the warning alarms are screaming in my head about how bad of an idea this is! I've played enough videogames/read enough books/seen enough movies to know that it is not a good idea to attempt what they are about to do!

“No way! There’s no way I’m doing that!” Twilight gasped out, starting to hyperventilate.

Thank Celestia somepony here will listen to reason! How is Velvet okay with her daughter performing some arcane ritual that requires you to make a blood pact and give away a part of your soul!

“You will be fully open to each other, so it is best that you tell each other anything that you are hiding before we start if there is anything you feel would hurt the other before this starts.”

Does Twilight thinking that Trixie is certifiably insane for attempting this count? Because other then the fact that Sunset wants to ask Twilight out that's about the most upsetting this I can think of right now! (Other then the whole blood pact thing of course.)

She would usually be excited seeing new magic, but she didn’t really like soul or blood magic which is what this was sounding like.

You and me both Twilight!

“We shouldn’t have too many here, but Velvet insists on making sure that you both are watched after which Trixie doesn’t blame her. After all she is your mother Twilight.” Trixie said, wishing that she had a mother as caring as that.

Why would you want a mother that is perfectly willing (and encouraging you no less!) to let you make some demonic blood pact that requires you to give away part of your soul just so you could have better illusion powers? What part of that sounds enjoyable to you Trixie? (I'm sorry I'm still going on about this, but I'm honestly still pretty shocked that Velvet is actually letting them go through with this.)

“Wh-what?” Twilight swallowed in shock, seeing an image of Sunset and her making love. She couldn’t help feeling her cheeks heat up in a blush as she stared wide eyed at the images that she knew wasn’t in from her mind, though she knew she did have several dreams a little similar.

Huh, that's one way to find out that your best friend secretly has feelings for you...

“F-fantasies.” Sunset gulped out, finding it impossible to lie. “I can’t keep myself from thinking about you. I like you, a lot. I think I might even love you.”

Pretty sure she could gather that much after what she just saw, Sunset.

“Of course I can maintain both of my moms’ illusions for them.” The young mare smiled brightly as her eyes stopped glowing to show normal purple eyes making Trixie look worried.

“Moms?” Trixie asked as the young mare looked up at them with loving eyes.

Oh man, I thinking something might have gone wrong here.

“They are my moms aren’t they?” Synergy asked, cocking her head to the side. “Hey, does that mean that you are my dad? How can you be my dad though when you’re a girl to?”

Something definitely doesn't seem right about this...

“Are you my grams?” Synergy asked Velvet excitedly, the older mare smiling nervously.

“Of course I am, dear.” Velvet said as she reached out to nuzzle Synergy, shocked to find her solid.

Annnd there it is.

“Congratulations, your both mothers.” Trixie chuckled weakly, unsure of what went wrong. Only things he could figure out was that the two already had a bond and the extra power the Celestial Gems had actually created something more than an artificial intelligence that would act as an interface to the enchantments on the gems. Did that mean that this Synergy was alive?

Honestly what did they expect would happen? With what they were doing the only things that could have happened would be Sunset and Twilight becoming mothers to a being of pure magic or that they would summon an Eldritch horror that would have killed them and devoured their souls, so all in all I'd say they got the better result.

“I think you girls should treat her like any other pony.” Velvet said, “Even if you can’t see her as your daughter, she is alive and deserves to be treated as such.”

Well duh, Velvet. Did you think they would treat the being made out of their own souls, that also that refers to both of them as her moms no less, like they would some kind of robot? What, do you think they're both Celestia or something?

Wow I was starting to tear up a bit towards the end of Synergy's song when Twilight and Sunset went over to reassure her that they would always be there for her.

I think that Synergy should have an actual name. Why is her name Synergy in-story anyways? Did she just come with a name pre installed like an in-game trade Pokémon or was it something Trixie came up with in advance? Either way if Twilight and Sunset are going to treat her like she's actually their daughter (which seeing as how she's made up of both of their souls and DNA, I'm pretty sure she would be no matter how you looked at it) instead of a fancy hologram then I think they'd want to give her an actual name.

As for Trixie, while I think I'd be fine with you going with Digi-lover's idea of her being Twilight's long lost cousin, I personally think you should just have Velvet and Night Light adopt her. There's just something about her growing close to them before they both decide to officially adopt her as part of their family that really gets to me over having them somehow figure out that Trixie is already related to them by blood. (I guess someone could figure it out based on the gem her mom gave her before she died, but I have a real soft spot for adoption stories so I'm gonna stick with my vote of having Trixie get adopted by Twi's parents. Plus Trixie turning out to be Twilight's long lost sister or cousin feels just a little too convenient to me.)

I'm extremely sorry for how long this comment ended up being, I just kinda got caught up in the whole 'this is a bad idea thing' and lost track of how many words I was using.:twilightblush:

I like the idea of Trixie being Twilight's long lost sister.

I like Trixie to be Twilight's sister and Synergy should get a real name love this story can't wait fore more :heart::twilightsmile:

5943775

im glad that you liked my idea. If you ever need or want help or suggestions dont be afraid to ask. Im always willing to help :twilightsmile:

I loved it and thank you so much, love having suggestions on how I can make stories better. :twilightsmile:


5944069

i vote to give synergy a name.
small question here why not have trixie be sunsets sister its not that far of a strech

She will deffinitley get a name, possibly Summer Rose :twilightsmile: As for sisters, it actually is one of my main head canons, but going to give it a little more time to see though so far its close to being a tie between cousins and sisters. Though cousins would be a bit different as I've had stories where they were sisters so far. :twilightsmile:


5944263

yes to Synergy getting a name and like the others I would love to see Trixie become part of Twilights family even if that she is adopted.

Even if cousins, Velvet will likely adopt her though she sees Sunset as a sister from their time before :twilightsmile:

5944263

i vote to give synergy a name.
small question here why not have trixie be sunsets sister its not that far of a strech

She will be getting one for sure, thank you. Trixie does see Sunset as a sister of sorts as they spent several years together when they were little studying under Celestia (at least in my main head canons) and they see each other as family since Celestia was kind of put offish in her way of teaching them afraid to get too close though it didn't stop especially Sunset as seeing her as her mother. :twilightsmile:


5944398

Hoo boy, I have three chapters to read now so I better get to it.

Hope you enjoy them :twilightsmile:

Good on you Velvet! It's nice to see some more ponies who realized how unfair Celestia was during that whole mess.

Eyup, both Velvet and Night Light pretty much cut most ties with the Princess though they still talk to Cadence a lot :twilightsmile:

Good to see that Trixie is still able to get work after The Mane 6 (minus Twilight of course) trashed her last performance for no real reason.

It's been rough for her, this being one of the first major shows she was allowed to do since the rumors of the Ursa spread. Though some people, such as the ones in charge of the fair *cough*Night Light a sponsor*cough* knows not to take rumors such as that as gospel :twilightsmile:

Sure Twilight, whatever you say.:twilightsmile: (Twilight's enthusiasm to see Trixie's magic show is pretty cute by the way.)

Thanks, wanted to show that she was excited seeing Trixie again and make sure she was okay though she may have went a little overboard standing up for her :twilightsmile:

Oh buck, that's not good. Poor Trixie.

Sadly.

Damn it RD, could you please just let Trixie have this? Also don't be rude when there are children present, it sets a bad example.

She should have, I don't hate Rainbow, but her ego is just as bad if not more so that Trixie's. They are both show mares (Rainbow wanting to be in the Wonderbolts which is kind of a showpony kind of thing) so if anybody realized what was going on it should have been Rainbow Dash.

Wait, Trixie is using actual magic to perform her tricks right? Then how could she possibly be a fake if she's doing magic tricks in the most literal use of the term? (Unless RD means fake as in she's using actual magic to do her magic tricks instead of them being actual tricks like a proper magician. Even so I'm still gonna say RD is being a jerk for no reason.)

Sorry, meant the Ursa and Trixie's claims of beating one as they didn't realize it was just some story until Twilight pointed it out.

Come on Rarity, how can Trixie possibly be held responsible for Snips and Snail's stupidity?

They probably shouldn't have blamed Trixie for it, but it was just easier to have a scpaegoat that they really didn't like at the time to two young colts in a way sadly.

Why do I get the feeling that question isn't related to what's happening right now in any way?

:twilightsmile:

AJ that reasoning is flimsy at best, how would you have known for sure Jem was there during the Ursa attack? There are so many ways she could have been in town without you knowing that I can't even begin to start listing them off.

That's very true, despite it being a small town she can't know for sure that Jem wasn't in the Inn or something.

First off, irony~
Second off, while it was really nice of you to jump to Trixie's defense after your 'friends' made the crowd drive her to tears, I don't think that is how that even happened Twilight. (Although I haven't seen Boast Busters in awhile, so I'm most likely mis-remembering how that went.)

lol eyup I liked the irony of that actually. Though I might have been remembering boastbusters wrong and this may have ended a little different, if so sorry. :twilightsheepish:

Thank you Twilight, at least somepony here understands that Trixie was only doing her job when your friends decided to be a bunch of jerks and ruin her show. (That last bit about her saying Trixie's stories are the best reminds me of a child getting into an argument where they end off there reasoning for why their favorite character is better with something like 'And he's blue so he's the best.)

Eyup, Twilight understands it pretty good and eyup, I wanted to make Twilight a little childish as she's enjoying the things she never did when a foal because of all the studying, a little sad that she didn't now that she kind of sees it as having not really did a lot of good for her though in the end she'll be happy about it :twilightsmile:

Ah, of course! Pinkie wouldn't be so easily fooled by the Jem elusion, hence her unrelated comment earlier when Twilight called them all out for how they were treating Trixie. (Got to say, I thought that was really subtle. I didn't even catch what her first line actually meant until Velvet mentioned she had a message for Pinkie specifically, so good job on that.)

Eyep lol :twilightsmile: I was trying to show more when saying less thing thanks :twilightsmile:

Ouch! Gonna need a Burn Heal for that one.:rainbowlaugh:
Onwards towards the next chapter.

lol :twilightsmile:

Sadly I have to go, but I'll make sure I answer your other comments tonight when I get home even if it's late :twilightsmile:

I think synergy is a good name as is and yus. I agree with others that Trix should be adopted in.

Yes give Synergy a name. Summer Rose works. (Nice RWBY refence btw.)

Yes to name. If anything if synergy goes out and about a real name draws less attention. Got to do something about those eyes though.

I dont see trixie as a Twilight but a Sunset. Like how Celestial and Luna are sisters but so different in color who says Shimmer and Trixie are not lost sisters. Kinda fits already, Shimmer the sun and Trixie the moon. I just seen Trxie being Shimmers sister not Sparkles at this point in the story. At least without going back and making sure there are no stumbling blocks in the way though I do believe she should be someponys sister. I'll take Vinyl right now. :yay:

Besides still doesn't mean Velvet can't make the two of them apart of the family anyway, even if it an unofficial family member.

TL;DR “Twilight accidentally became a mother”.:twilightblush: Can’t wait to see Night Light’s reaction to Synergy.
And, answering the questions, I think Synergy is actually a good name, it fits her. Or, you could put another “Twilight Sparkle” synonym just for the joke, like “Nightfall Twinkle”.
Also, I think Trixie should be, like in your headcanon, Twilight’s long lost sister. This would make it really great, since she would actually be Velvet’s daughter, as she wished. Or, she could just be adopted, like others said.

5944543

While it's nice to see that Trixie took Jem being Twilight surprisingly well and that she finally got reunited with Sunset after so long, (Has Trixie and Sunset being like sisters been brought up before in this story? I honestly can't remember.) I'm admittedly kind of disappointed that we didn't get to see either of those things happen first hand and only hear about them in passing. (I would have loved to see Trixie's response to learning that Celestia pretty much abandoned all of them and that she's also the one who drove Sunset into running away through the mirror.

I can't remember if I mentioned it to be honest, but I don't think I really mentioned it yet as Sunset really hadn't had a reason yet but then again after being together for so long maybe she would have told Twilight. It's kind of a part of my main head canon and my GF kind of likes the idea so it may have kind of leaked into the story. (One of my main head canons have Trixie and Sunset learning together under Celestia as both are orphans though she really can't teach Trixie much hoping Luna would take her as her personal student possibly if everything goes well as she's more attuned to illusion magic. They both have so much potential but Celestia messes it up badly when she brings Twilight in (different reasons but one of the main is she feels she needs to get Twilight under control as quickly as possible to avoid another catastrophe like Twilight's entrance exam. ) Sooooo that may have, kind of, possibly leaked into the story :twilightsheepish: I really should have put Trixie's response in it and maybe mentioned it earlier. Though I'm not sure where to put it, so any suggestions would be great :twilightsmile:

Velvet is now a surrogate mother figure to Trixie confirmed.

Eyup :twilightsmile:

Hm, Twilight only knows of a few dresses off the top of her head, so I wonder which ones she picked.

Honestly not sure lol, sorry my memory really stinks. I was kind of thinking of her just blending stuff she seen in Rarity's shop together but maybe the gala dresses partially.

Good to see that the rest of the Man 6 are definitely regretful over what they did. Although now I wonder if the reason they couldn't apologize after the invasion was because they got caught up with the wedding or if Twilight just bamfed* her way to the bar immediately after the changelings were dealt with so they wouldn't be able to talk with her. (*note: this is a comic book sound effect for when someone teleports.)

They truly are, and the reason is a little of both. They were really busy and Twilight saw the lack of apologies (Honestly Applejacks seemed insincere) (Oh, and nice Nightcrawler, if thats what it was, reference :twilightsmile: )

5944757

Okay! I thought something sounded iffy about this last chapter, but now the warning alarms are screaming in my head about how bad of an idea this is! I've played enough videogames/read enough books/seen enough movies to know that it is not a good idea to attempt what they are about to do!

Deffinately not, but Sunset does trust Trixie and as much as Twilight probably doesn't want to admit it she looks up to ad trusts Sunset. (Not sure if I'm doing that good of a job showing that.) while at the same time Sunset looks up to Twilight for other reasons :twilightsmile: Still, if things did go wrong I guess it could go bad, but the blood is supposed to be for like a locator and communication aspect while the soul bonds them and gives Synergy a bit of an artificial intellegence while also letting each other know if they are in trouble by feeling their distress. I may not have exactly explained that too well, sorry :twilightsheepish:

Thank Celestia somepony here will listen to reason! How is Velvet okay with her daughter performing some arcane ritual that requires you to make a blood pact and give away a part of your soul!

Sorry, I was kind of thinking that Velvet kind of had some experience with this sort of thing and felt it was actually safe though maybe that's kind of a bad idea :twilightsheepish:

Does Twilight thinking that Trixie is certifiably insane for attempting this count? Because other then the fact that Sunset wants to ask Twilight out that's about the most upsetting this I can think of right now! (Other then the whole blood pact thing of course.)

That's kind of a good question lol, but Sunset was hoping she could hide that fact though she should have known better.

You and me both Twilight!

I was kind of thinking that the spell wasn't actually blood magic in the way that it was like dark, but kind of a tracer element to the spell in a way. The soul part was partially for the bond, but it could have possibly been very bad.

Why would you want a mother that is perfectly willing (and encouraging you no less!) to let you make some demonic blood pact that requires you to give away part of your soul just so you could have better illusion powers? What part of that sounds enjoyable to you Trixie? (I'm sorry I'm still going on about this, but I'm honestly still pretty shocked that Velvet is actually letting them go through with this.)

Sorry, at the time was thinking Velvet could have some experience with this type of thing but maybe it was a bad idea I admit.

Huh, that's one way to find out that your best friend secretly has feelings for you...

A very awkward way to :twilightsmile:

Pretty sure she could gather that much after what she just saw, Sunset.

Pretty much, but she's finding herself compelled to answer as their souls and minds are completelty open to each other. Though it possiby wouldn't have happened in that way.

Oh man, I thinking something might have gone wrong here.

Very wrong, but hoped in a cute way. :twilightsmile:

Something definitely doesn't seem right about this...

Deffinately :twilightsmile:

Annnd there it is.

Was trying to give her like a bit of both's personalities and intellegence while at the same time very naive. (I may have failed at doing this. Not really an excuse, but we were both kind of dead still when we wrote this chapter :twilightsheepish: )

Honestly what did they expect would happen? With what they were doing the only things that could have happened would be Sunset and Twilight becoming mothers to a being of pure magic or that they would summon an Eldritch horror that would have killed them and devoured their souls, so all in all I'd say they got the better result.

I may have went about things the wrong way doing this, but I wanted to make Synergy actually alive yet still a solidified illusion that had plans for later, sorry. :twilightsheepish:

Well duh, Velvet. Did you think they would treat the being made out of their own souls, that also that refers to both of them as her moms no less, like they would some kind of robot? What, do you think they're both Celestia or something?

Not really, but they were all still kind of in shock aboiut the whole thing. And honestly I forgot a scene my GF and me both wanted to do before we went on vacation and we both forgot that showed Synergy begging to not be put back in the crystal where it was dark and lonely. Though not too sure if that would have been a good idea so maybe it was a good thing we forgot lol.

Wow I was starting to tear up a bit towards the end of Synergy's song when Twilight and Sunset went over to reassure her that they would always be there for her.

I'm glad that scene was good as we wanted Synergy to show that she was alive and wanting to be accepted as she could feel their hesitation as she can feel their emotions while they really can't feel each other's unless it is extreme like extreme fear or distress or something so they know if the other is in trouble. :twilightsmile:

I think that Synergy should have an actual name. Why is her name Synergy in-story anyways? Did she just come with a name pre installed like an in-game trade Pokémon or was it something Trixie came up with in advance? Either way if Twilight and Sunset are going to treat her like she's actually their daughter (which seeing as how she's made up of both of their souls and DNA, I'm pretty sure she would be no matter how you looked at it) instead of a fancy hologram then I think they'd want to give her an actual name.

The book and refrences to the spell actuall referred to her as Synergy so kind of was just preinstalled actually :twilightsmile: Summer Rose is likely going to be her name :twilightsmile:

As for Trixie, while I think I'd be fine with you going with Digi-lover's idea of her being Twilight's long lost cousin, I personally think you should just have Velvet and Night Light adopt her. There's just something about her growing close to them before they both decide to officially adopt her as part of their family that really gets to me over having them somehow figure out that Trixie is already related to them by blood. (I guess someone could figure it out based on the gem her mom gave her before she died, but I have a real soft spot for adoption stories so I'm gonna stick with my vote of having Trixie get adopted by Twi's parents. Plus Trixie turning out to be Twilight's long lost sister or cousin feels just a little too convenient to me.)

We were actually thinking that Velvet saw some memories like their old home burning down which is a vauge memory of Trixie but they thought they lost her in the fire as it burned down several blocks of buildings. (It would have been caused by Sunset about a year or two before Celestia took Luna in and when Celestia came to her after her magic surged and created the inferno in the first place. Though cousin would have been something similar where her parents were actually killed in the blaze maybe. Adopted would be good, but we were a little worried that she would be too old to actually be adopted but at the same time could be a sweet gesture all the same.

I'm extremely sorry for how long this comment ended up being, I just kinda got caught up in the whole 'this is a bad idea thing' and lost track of how many words I was using.:twilightblush:

lol it's ok, I like long comments. Do you think we should just completely scratch this chapter and rewrite it though? :twilightsmile:

5944811 Thanks, it's a possibility :twilightsmile:


5945543 Thank you so much, most everybody wants her to have a name so she will for sure. The sister thing is still up in the air for the moment, sorry. :twilightsmile:


5947232 Honestly my GF and I were very tired when we wrote the last two chapters though that's not really an excuse. We are sort of debating on rewriting them :twilightsmile:


5947290 A lot of people are voting for an actual name, but still time for more votes on it as we decide if it would be best to rewrite the last two chapters :twilightsmile:


5947475 It may have been an unconcious reference to RWBY honestly as I did see it, but not sure lol. Summer Rose is the OC's name I usually make for Twilight's daughter, though we want Synergy to be different for this story. For one she's a unicorn and not a pegasus and her personality is different. We were debating keeping Syergy at first but thought an actual name instead of the spell designation would be better and thought we would take votes on it :twilightsmile:


5947543

Yes to name. If anything if synergy goes out and about a real name draws less attention. Got to do something about those eyes though.

Actually her eyes changed to normal after a short time and the power in her stabilized :twilightsmile:

I dont see trixie as a Twilight but a Sunset. Like how Celestial and Luna are sisters but so different in color who says Shimmer and Trixie are not lost sisters. Kinda fits already, Shimmer the sun and Trixie the moon. I just seen Trxie being Shimmers sister not Sparkles at this point in the story. At least without going back and making sure there are no stumbling blocks in the way though I do believe she should be someponys sister. I'll take Vinyl right now. :yay: Besides still doesn't mean Velvet can't make the two of them apart of the family anyway, even if it an unofficial family member.

You know, I don't think we ever thought about actual sisters. I have her as a sort of sister in a lot of my headcanons as I like to think that they were both trained by Celestia. We, I especially, like thinking that the Sparkle family produces some of the most powerful unicorns in Equestria, Shining being specialized in defensive, Twilight in like arcane things like artifacts and practical magic and Trixie being illusions. Though the idea of Trixie being related by blood to Sunset would be kind of cool though. :twilightsmile:


5948487 Thank you so much :twilightsmile:

5949146

TL;DR “Twilight accidentally became a mother”.:twilightblush: Can’t wait to see Night Light’s reaction to Synergy.
And, answering the questions, I think Synergy is actually a good name, it fits her. Or, you could put another “Twilight Sparkle” synonym just for the joke, like “Nightfall Twinkle”.
Also, I think Trixie should be, like in your headcanon, Twilight’s long lost sister. This would make it really great, since she would actually be Velvet’s daughter, as she wished. Or, she could just be adopted, like others said.

Eyep :twilightsmile: He'll be shocked, that's for sure, but hopefully happy to :twilightsmile: We're kind of taking votes on the name thing and kind of thought about it at first, but kind of debated it and decided to ask for votes. Especially after deciding to use it as kind of a preinstalled name as part of the spell though. A lot of votes are leaning toward Trixie being Twilight's sister and we have back stories for the several different possibilities already :twilightsmile:

5952513

One of my main head canons have Trixie and Sunset learning together under Celestia as both are orphans though she really can't teach Trixie much hoping Luna would take her as her personal student possibly if everything goes well as she's more attuned to illusion magic.

I suppose that line of thinking kinda depended on Celestia's hope that one of them turned out to be the Element of Magic, and we all know how that turned out. (Curse Celestia's need to solve every one of her problem with a stupid Batman Gambit.)

Though I'm not sure where to put it, so any suggestions would be great :twilightsmile:

The only place I could think to put it would either be at the end of the chapter where they met up with Trixie (She's Got the Power) or at the beginning of the chapter where I originally commented about not seeing how that scene played out. (The Mood I'm In)
Although if it wasn't clear in my original comment, in addition to her reaction to all the things Celestia did, I was also referring to seeing how Trixie reacted to learning that Jem and Melody were actually Twilight and Sunset in disguise. I imagine it would involve some anger at being tricked, apologizing for that after she realizes that it was actually Twilight herself that stood up for her on the stage and not somepony speaking in her place, and a lot of tearful hugging after Trixie and Sunset both realize who they each really are.

Oh, and nice Nightcrawler, if thats what it was, reference :twilightsmile:

Yep, that was indeed what I was going for. (I think I'm 3 for 3 on you getting the references I've used so far.)

5952597

I may have went about things the wrong way doing this, but I wanted to make Synergy actually alive yet still a solidified illusion that had plans for later, sorry. :twilightsmile:

Okay I'll admit that line was actually me joking around. I knew she was only referring to how Synergy was alot more 'alive' then she was supposed to be, but I was still pretty caught up on how bad the spell sounded. (I guess the bond of love that Sunset and Twilight share was actually much stronger then anypony anticipated considering how alive Synergy is compared to what she was supposed to be.)

And honestly I forgot a scene my GF and me both wanted to do before we went on vacation and we both forgot that showed Synergy begging to not be put back in the crystal where it was dark and lonely. Though not too sure if that would have been a good idea so maybe it was a good thing we forgot lol.

I remember that someone (Velvet I think) mentioned that Synergy didn't want to be left alone in the crystal, so I don't think it would hurt to have it as a scene where they exit the astral plain they were in and Synergy starts freaking out because she'd be there all by herself. (At least I think that's what you meant. Still, if you think it wouldn't be needed/wouldn't be a good idea to have the scene be there, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.)

We were actually thinking that Velvet saw some memories like their old home burning down which is a vauge memory of Trixie but they thought they lost her in the fire as it burned down several blocks of buildings. (It would have been caused by Sunset about a year or two before Celestia took Luna in and when Celestia came to her after her magic surged and created the inferno in the first place.

Ouch. Finding out about that would definitely mess up Sunset and Trixie's whole sisterly bond thing they have. (Also I'm pretty sure that would result in irreversible damage to their friendship if not outright cause Trixie to despise Sunset after learning that she was responsible for either killing her parents or making them think she was dead for however many years it's been since then.)

Adopted would be good, but we were a little worried that she would be too old to actually be adopted but at the same time could be a sweet gesture all the same.

Oh, I guess you're right about that. She probably would be too old to be officially adopted into the family, so I guess that wouldn't work... Still even if you can't use that option, I like the idea of the Sparkles caring for Trixie and adopting her into the family, official or otherwise, more then I do her being related to Twilight by blood, at least for this story anyway. (Although if they ever for some unfathomable reason forgive Celestia for being the huge idiot that she was during the wedding, I'm sure she could pull some strings to make the adoption official, regardless of her age.) Plus her already being related to them just raises the question of why Velvet wouldn't have told Twilight she had a sister, (Unless Twilight already knew considering her and Trixie are presumably around the same age.) although I guess never mentioning her dead aunt and cousin that died in a fire when Twilight was young/before she was born is excusable.

Do you think we should just completely scratch this chapter and rewrite it though? :twilightsmile:

No I don't think you need to go that far (Although it might be a good idea to have a scene during the part when Twilight is freaking about the whole 'blood and soul' thing where somepony explains to her exactly how the spell works, that way she'd calm down enough to actually go through with the spell.) I was just trying something new by writing out all three of my comments as I was reading the chapters rather then after I finished them, so I kinda got hung up on how bad the spell sounded at the time. (Alot of what happened makes more sense now that you explained it, but when I see 'arcane magic circles' and 'you need to donate some of your blood and a part of your soul' in the same paragraph, I just assume the worst is about to happen.)

This is a good fic. I hope you can do something with the song "Flowers In My Hair." It's a pretty song.

Looking forward to an update.

Will Shining and Celestia appear in a future chapter and unknowingly talk with Twilight?

The whole Trixie as Twilight's sister has been done a lot, though it works. I would have liked to see Velvet telling Celestia off though, even though I have problems with Celestia being made out to be a bad guy.

Author's Note:
Since it won't make a huge impact on the story, we decided to leave two things up to all of you. Firstly, should Synergy have an actual name such as Summer Rose? And secondly, it is one of my main headcanonons, but I didn't plan to use it in the story though my GF is starting to like the idea though she's also unsure. So we decided to let you all decide this as well, should Trixie be Twilight;s sister that was either kidnapped, lost or somehow ended up in an orphanage?
Anyways, let us know what you think about that.
:twilightsmile:

I guess I can throw my two cents in and say I'd disagree with all three of those choices. From what I've learn in my time is that you don't need to be blood related to be family. I can already see that Velvet already is showing signs of caring for Trixie as a mother would and Trixie is already feeling Velvet as motherly figure aswell. I mean just coming out and saying "Oh turns out that Twilight and Trixie are related" would probably throw off the reader's feelings. Or maybe they would like it? idk. Now adopting? eh. Probably a 50/50 on that one but i'd go with Velvet treating Trixie as an honorary daughter and Trixie would be more then okay with that as it would be like having a mother in her life again. (Something happened to Trixie's parents? Don't remember if that was brought up in previous chapters :unsuresweetie:) Somehow, that sounds similar to the adopting category :facehoof: Either way, watever you do, i'll still read this since I already enjoy this story :pinkiehappy:

Anyways, hope Twilight gets her closure soon with the mane 5. It's definetly not good to hold grudge forever. Also, since Pinkie is my favorite pony out of all them, She's the last pony i'd want to see depressed forever over a friend.

6054507
I don't necessarily think Celestia is the "bad guy" in this. It's just that the story is focusing on characters that harbor a fair amount of animosity towards er and see her as a bad pony as a result. If the story shifted focus to, say, the rest of the main 6, it likely wouldn't feel like that.

I can't wait for the next chapter

A few questions if I may:

1.) Is your Bi Twi thing based on another story?
2.) How did the Mane 5 find out Jem knew of Twilight?
3.) how will Celestia and Shinning Armor enter the fray?

6393413 what new chapter? The author is gone, the story is dead sadly :fluttercry:

6605576 ylook at his blog...he got married, his wife doesnt want him writing till after the wedding and he said its hard to come back after very long of not writing

6605576 and its such a shame too...this was such a great story...

Nope, nope and triple nope.

this story has made it to the 1 place fave, I can not wait to read more. thise twilight&sunset pairing is kicking butt, the story has too many points to give toy you. 1 is being a music I have 1 or 2 or so good one, both sunset and twilight has a dauther now is more points, the other is that the story is really good. twilight is my fave charter and the pairing is not too rare for romance but I love it anyway I look forward to more ch or others storys you make and mege thanks for thise one. p.s. can you tell me if you have read any others music typ story that has twilight in it please let me know and again mega thanks for the great story/chs

By any chance, will we see Princess Celestia in future chapters soon?

5952652 when will we get an update?

Is there going to be another chapter for this story?

*sigh*:ajsleepy:

I guess we can count this story as dead, seeing as the author hasnt been online in 10 weeks

Go ahead and give her a name and I'm fine with Trixie being Twilights sister!

This is very interesting so far! Hope to see an update soon!

edit: damn I hope you actually come back to this story... 13 weeks from last online...

next chapter please!

7220838
7220838 there won't be another chapter. The author hasn't been on in 22weeks. I'm pretty sure they're not coming back, making this story dead

sorry for bugging you but do you know when the next chapter will be posted

7366461 there won't be another chapter. The author hasn't been on in 28 weeks. I'm pretty sure they're not coming back, making this story dead

7386034 I know....I loved it too

7386182
Well, if the writer doesn't come back, someone could try picking it up and continuing it (if that's within the rules)

7434896
7434896 not sure. I think you would need the writers permission. Can always ask one of the site admis

Oh, I hope you update again. I want to see how you will handle Jem meeting Celestia and if Luna would recognize her as Twilight.

Login or register to comment