• Published 8th Mar 2015
  • 2,253 Views, 42 Comments

Hidden Fangs - SwiftShad0wWing1



Rainbow Dash has a secret, no pony knows what it is (well no living pony knows what it is). Her secret is in danger though.

  • ...
7
 42
 2,253

Sorry...

You guys are going to hate me, but I'm canceling the story. I had the next two chapters saved in my docs currently editing them. I was also working on the third chapter when my computer crashed. I got it fixed but everything was deleted, and I honestly don't remember anything I wrote for the story. Again I am really sorry, I am trying out a new story idea though. So if you don't hate me too much, check it out when it's posted?

Comments ( 15 )

It's rather sad to hear that you've cancelled this as it had an interesting premise and I was looking forward to seeing where you took it, but I'd be lying if I said that I haven't had moments like that. Ah, technology. It really lets you know your place when you start to take it for granted, huh?

Anyways, I will definitely waiting for your next story. You have a lot of potential and I'm sure that you'll do really well!

Well, that's a pity.

Still, tech huddles like that happens, and at least it's a better end than just lost interest. :twilightsmile:

Don't worry about it. Heck it's not your fault that happened. It's not like you asked your computer to crash. In any case I'll be waitin' to c what else come up with. :)

Kind of glad that I didn't start to read this story, the cancellation would've been like a kick in the gut to me. I cannot stand it when authors don't finish their work, but I'll make an exception here, just for you.:pinkiesad2:

This is the first time that I have run into an author with this problem and I know how technology can do stupid stuff when least expected. I would also like to encourage you to please backup your stories on a Google docs or something of the sort, so that if your computer crashes again you don't lose all of your work.:twilightsheepish:

I'll keep an eye out for your next story though.

Well buck, and it was off to such a good start... Oh well, if what you are telling is true, then I guess I can understand your desire to just abandon it. Hovewer if I was truly interested in something I wouldn't give up so easily (at least I don't think I would) =P

It's just that I've seen premises like this used as an excuse to postpone or cancel a story. "Computer crashed, I don't have the files since using Gdocs is too difficult, I don't even remember what I was going or did write"... You have to agree that it sounds kinda fishy. How can you not remember the direction you intended your story to go? If you ever had one, I would really like to hear it so I could give this piece a closure.
This being said, if this is just an excuse, then I'm disappointed but still can understand your reasoning since I quit after writing my only story.

I wish you good luck in the future, have a nice day.

well shits happens and we can't do shit about it so i don't hate because i know how it is

Its for situations like this that I absolutely recommend keeping a backup plan. Dropbox and Google Drive are excellent for this purpose. Writing your stories with Google Docs isn't a bad choice either.

Use google drive when you're writing, it saves automatically and it means if your PC crashes you won't lose your work.

I lost a ton of my work yesterday, I didn't give up. I continued with what I remembered, I don't hate you for not continuing this story. I'm just sad.

That is a shame; it really is. This fic had so much potential and I was happy when I found it because it was exactly one of the things that I have been looking for.

C22

just out of interest what word processing software are you using? most word processing software well save a back up of your current project every 10 to 15 minutes in case something like that happens so there might be some back up files still on your hd, unless you had to format your hd or factory reset your pc.

So you quit just because you lost your data? There is a word for this, lazy.

6187365
ay don't say that thats think of it like a game you've played for over 5 months and you have a lot of stuff then you die to some tiny monster you just lose all interest to play it at least for a while. also don't say stuff like that when your guilty too. Hows Dead Loyalty looking for you?

10300657
You're about half a decade too late to this for this. :rainbowlaugh:

10300697
yep welp i'm not the fastest out there but what you said wasn't nice figured id at least say something. :twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment