• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 2,525 Views, 183 Comments

Cute Trouble - Evowizard25



Pizzelle thought being a parent would be easy. Unfortunately, no matter how nice a young kitsune is, trouble is sure to follow.

  • ...
4
 183
 2,525

Bonus: Letter

Dear Princess Celestia,

It’s little ol’ me, Pizzelle. Well, I’m not that old really. It’s just a saying that popped up on my mother’s side three generations ago. That’s what my mother would say. My Uncle thinks she just likes to make things up and my grandmother-

Oh, your daughter wants me to hurry up. She’s such a sweetie. Well then, I really wanted to write to you about the lesson I learned this week. It might not be about friendship, but family and friends are basically the same thing. Anyways, this week I adopted Hikaru. You know, the cute kitsune?

Well the problem was that I didn’t realize how much work goes into caring for a child all the time. I thought it was easy, but no. It’s a tough job that goes throughout the day. It’s back breaking and can be disconcerting at times, but I would never trade any of those moments. Not for the sweetest riches. Having a child is work, but it’s the most satisfying work I’ve ever done, even more then my baking.

I learned that you should never give up on caring for someone else, even when you make the worst kinds of mistakes. They just help you realize you can do better in the future. I hope you come by soon. I’ve got a special next week for cakes.

Sincerely,
Pizzelle

Author's Note:

Oh this was just a little letter that Pizzelle sent out. I couldn't think of what to say back then, so I originally cut it out, but I thought it'd be good to come up with something. I hope you all enjoy it and enjoy Fanning Our Flames and my other Shimmerverse stories. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 7 )

7163467 They were travelling sales-kitsune and were looking for ingredients for new dishes and medicines. Given kitsune are masters of illusion, they didn't really fear the monsters of the Everfree. There was still a chance that it'd go wrong, but they were confident in themselves.

7164026 For a few reasons. Mainly because I wanted to invert a few character traits in this series. Secondly, Scootaloo is a rather aggressive pony so I took that a little farther here.

8372213
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. I know that a lot of people like to leave stuff unknown and speculate, but I am very much the sort that needs to know for a fact what happened and why. Btw, I'm enjoying your AU works thus far.

P.S. Have you or will you write another story with Shade in it, or has he gone to ground not wanting anyone to know he worshiped this universe's equivalent to Satan. Just because Celestia herself pardoned him, I imagine those like High Inquisitor Fervent would happily lynch him in the streets.

8372525
He lives in Ponyville and I will use him again. He'll be a recurring character, but probably won't appear that often unless I think he can work.

You used Japox in this story and I saw Vulpan recently

11818079
No problem. I'm surprised you responed to a comment made so many years after the story was posted
i get that 'exlusive' meat eaters do chow down on nuts and fruits sometimes, but aside from the hunting scene, nothing was really shown to express Hikaru's nature as a predator or carnivore in that way. ( going into this i honestly expected that part of his nature to be the primary cause of issues in the story, so that expectaion may be colouring my opinion in this way.)

11818247
It's a bit difficult to remember my exact mindset but the thing I was going for was that Hikaru was really innocent, as we the viewers see him, but it's just outside viewers (those in Ponyville) just disliked him needlessly. Again, trying to remember the old point and I could have probably done a bit more with that.

Login or register to comment