• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 2,525 Views, 183 Comments

Cute Trouble - Evowizard25



Pizzelle thought being a parent would be easy. Unfortunately, no matter how nice a young kitsune is, trouble is sure to follow.

  • ...
4
 183
 2,525

Fight the Hunter

A part of Angel didn’t know why he was following this little fox. He usually just let nature take its course. If the kid dies, so be it. His Mistress wouldn’t get onto him. It was the circle of life. However, she probably would skin him alive if she learned that he let it happen outside her forest. Here, the rules were different. They obeyed the ‘pony’ rules. So he had to abide by them. She wouldn’t want him to get attention drawn to herself. So here he was, racing after a little fox that probably was safe on his own. It was Whitetail Woods. There weren’t any predators here. Okay, it had a moving body of water. That could prove to be irksome. Maybe an eagle might mistake him for a wild fox. Annoying.

So yeah, he had to follow the fox. He even tried grabbing onto his tail and pulling him back. Of course, he was still a rabbit. All that had garnered him was a queasy ride on the rambunctious fox’s tail. It was easy to see that the little fox wasn’t going to give up or go back anytime soon. He was stubborn and that butterfly quick.

Matters weren’t helped when it looked like they were going towards the river. Jumping off the fox’s tail, Angel hopped out in front of him and waved his arms for the fox to stop. He didn’t. Instead, he ran him over. Granted, the fox didn’t notice him, but Angel paid for it regardless. Picking himself off, Angel scowled. He was a white rabbit. White rabbits and dirt didn’t mix, so he certainly didn’t appreciate being pushed into the ground. Brushing himself off, Angel decided to let the fox do whatever it wanted. If the fox wanted to chase a butterfly, so be it. If the fox was going to drown in the river, so be it. If the cragadile in the river was going to snatch up the fox, so…………………..

He had to backtrack on that one.

The butterfly chasing? No that wasn’t an issue. Builds hunting character for predators.

Drowning? These woods were filled with ponies. Surely somepony could save the fox.

The cragadile….. That’s what got Angel’s attention. He only saw a little of its head and the eyes, but that was enough. He was familiar with all the animals of the Everfree Forest and beyond. Cragadiles, while not the greatest threat present in the Everfree Forest, were certainly something you didn’t want to run into, especially children.

Angel needed to warn the kid, stop him. However, what had the kid ever done for him. He trampled him that’s what. Kids die every day, he reasoned. He tried to save the kid. He really did. He simply shrugged and hopped off. Well, off to his Mistress where he-

Angel rushed off towards the fox. He cursed his conscious and made a mental note to stamp it out later. Right now he had a kid to save. So he did it the only way he knew how. Well, the only way he knew would work.

He smashed against the fox’s side, sending them sprawling to the ground. Thankfully he was still a rabbit. The kid wasn’t hurt in the slightest by his body smash. Angel wasn’t able to breath in respite for long though.

Out from the water burst the cragadile and boy did it live up to its name. The cragadile wasn’t even all the way out of the water, with only its head and a limb on shore, but one could easily see it dwarf a pony. Its scales looked more like rocks and Angel knew they were much harder than that. It’s large maw had several jagged teeth sticking out of the lower jaw. Some of them were as long as a pony’s forelimb. It’s hungry gaze was on them. Angel knew they couldn’t get away . Though it was slow on land for the most part, it still could burst out of the lake and run for a bit. That was long and fast enough to catch them easy.

Angel took a moment to curse his conscious once more. Never again would he save a child in danger. It just caused trouble for him. He closed his eyes and hoped the beast would eat the kid first. You know, give him a few extra seconds to think before his death.

“WAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGH!”

Huh? Opening his eyes, Angel saw a lime green unicorn dressed in some fancy garb, run along bipedally and smash a golden magical fist into the cragadile, sending it crashing back into the water. Honestly, he shouldn’t be surprised by ponies or anything at this rate, but that still caught him off guard.

“HA HA!” The unicorn shouted in glee. She pointed a ‘finger’ at the water. “I’z krumped ya gud an’ propa, you’z git. Dat’s how we Dogz do it. Wat’r ya gonna-”

Her self indulgent speech was cut short when the cragadiles tail smashed into her. The unicorn was sent flying, smashing into the bark of a large tree. Thankfully, it didn’t break and fall on her. She did leave a large dent. The unicorn groaned. Unicorns were never the most robust ponies. He was honestly surprised she was still alive after getting hit with what was essentially a rock tail. She must’ve worked out a lot, or she really was part Diamond Dog.

The cragadile rushed out of the water, eager to snatch up the unicorn in its large jaws. Before it could, a light green pegasus with a blonde mane landed squarely on the creature’s jaws with enough force to close them and force it’s head to the ground.

Flapping upwards, the pegasus smirked. “I think you’re outclassed here, buddy.”

The cragadile roared and tried to bite her.

The pegasus just laughed, flapping out of his reach. “Don’t you know who you’re dealing with? Well prepare for the biggest ‘shock’ of your life.” Her wings charged up a large lightning bolt. “I’m Lightning Dust!” She fired the bolt straight at the beast.

The cragadile simply close his eyes and mouth. The bolt did absolutely nothing against the beast’s scales.

“Shoot,” Lightning scowled. “That doesn’t work on cragadiles. Forgot about that. Oh well,” she shrugged. “I’ll just beat you the ol’ fashioned way.” And then the pegasus swooped in to pummel the cragadile.

“Miss Lyra,” the fox cried, snapping Angel out of his trance. The little fox was at ‘Lyra’s’ side, nuzzling her in worry. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” Lyra groaned in pain and winced as she moved. She gently patted the fox’s head. “No cragadile’s gonna keep me down.”

“LYRA!” Another pony, a light earth pony wearing a sun priestess outfit, came to a skidding halt as she looked at the unicorn in worry. “What were you thinking? Charging into battle against a cragadile? Wait, you weren’t!”

Lyra rolled her eyes. “I’m fine, Bon Bon. Give it a rest, will you.”

“No, somepony has to scold you when you do something stupid.” Bon Bon held onto her sun medallion and pointed it at Lyra. With a few prayers, a golden light flowed over Lyra. Her injuries were all but gone.

Grinning, Lyra stood up on her hooves. She hugged Bon Bon. “Thanks, Bonny.”

“It’s Bon Bon, not Bonny.” Bon Bon glared at her, only to receive a magical ‘boop’ to the nose from Lyra. She scrunched up her face in indignation.

“Gals?” Lightning called over. “I hate to interrupt your foreplay, but THERE’S A CRAGADILE HERE!” Lightning’s attacks had done nothing but annoy the cragadile. Her lightning was ineffective and her hooves left no marks or really anything on the cragadile’s hide.

“This is not foreplay,” Lyra tutted. “This is hugging. Geez, just because we live in the same house, eat the same food, and sleep in the same bed, doesn’t mean we’re a couple.”

“All of which I pay for,” Bon Bon grumbled.

“I pay for stuff,” Lyra shot back.

“Yeah, doggie treats and chew toys and that collar. What was with that collar anyways?” Seeing Lyra’s blush, she sighed. “No, please don’t answer that. Just...go do what you normally do.”

“Ah yeah,” Lyra went back to her bipedal stance, magical fists at the ready. “It’s krumping time.” With a barking laugh, she took off to fight the cragadile.

Angel had to wonder about the sanity of these ponies.

Of course, when said lunatic unicorn smashed a magic fist into a cragadile and manages to make it scoot and even flinch, maybe they had more to them than he thought.

Or the world outside of the Everfree Forest was simply stupidly strange like this. Either way, he didn’t care. He just wanted his carrots.

The cragadile turned to face Lyra, but she smashed a fist into his jaw. One of the beast’s impressive teeth was sent flying into the air. It wasn’t a real loss, since the creature could easily regrow it. It was simply astounding that a pony actually managed to do it in the first place. Even the cragadile was in shock. Lyra didn’t pause in her assault. She kept smashing her fists into the beast.

The cragadile was out of its element. On land, he was fearsome but cumbersome as well. He tried to lunge at her, but she simply jumped back and the pegasus smashed into his upper jaw, closing his mouth. It repeated once more after that. The beast had enough. He’d find another pony to snack on. He span around as quickly as he could, catching the ponies off guard. His body smashed into the unicorn and his jaw into the pegasus. He didn’t care at this point about trying to eat them. There were probably more ponies to hurt the beast here. Using the distraction, it made a dash for the river.

“You’z get back ‘ere,” the unicorn growled, getting back to her hooves. Most of the cragadile was already in the river by the time she made it. All she had to latch on was the tail. Even with her strength, the beast was slowly pulling her into the river. “You’z gonna get crumped, git. I’z make sure of dat.”

Lightning grabbed a hold of Lyra and started pulling as well. The two held the beast for a short while, but the efforts were for not. Snorting in anger, Lightning shot a bolt of lightning into the river. This time, the beast showed the effects since it no doubt hit its eyes or mouth. It wouldn’t hurt the beast really, but it momentarily stunned it. This gave them the perfect opportunity.

“WAAAAAAGH!” Lyra yelled as she and Lightning pulled the beast with Bon Bon’s prayers giving them strength. The beast was thrown onto the forest floor and on its back. Quickly, Bon Bon was near its head and praying hard. Soon enough, a golden aura was over the beast and it fell asleep.

“Oh yeah,” Lightning cheered. “Lightning Dust, one. Cragadile, zero.”

______________________________________________________________________

High Sun Priestess Bon Bon stood by the cragadile. Her brow was furrowed as she looked at the beast. Of course it was usually furrowed anyways. The life of a priestess wasn't easy, especially with ponies like Cloud Kicker and Lyra in town. No, this was a different point of frustration. There was something off about the beast's aura. It was subtle. Really subtle. In fact, she couldn’t feel it in a ‘normal’ way. Yet, she could feel a lingering presence. Something had come into contact with this beast and it was not friendly.

“Bon Bon?” Lyra cast her friend a concerned gaze. “Is something wrong?”

“I don’t know,” Bon Bon stated. “And that’s what worries me.”

“What are you talking about?” Lightning beamed with pride. “It’s just some dumb monster and we whooped its butt. Danger over.”

“But how did it get here?” Bon Bon asked more to herself. “This is Whitetail Woods. There shouldn’t be any such beasts dwelling in this peaceful forest, nor does this river run into the Everfree Forest.” Never had Whitetail Woods seen danger in the last thousand years. There had never been an attack, death, or anything like that after Nightmare Moon's banishment. This beast was a contradiction to all of that.

“What? Are you saying somepony brought it here?” Lightning said exactly what was on Bon Bon’s mind.

“I fear so,” Bon Bon stated. “The only problem is I have no idea about their intention.” A few images of the Nightmare cultists flashed in her mind. ‘I will not be taken off guard again.’ She thought to herself. “Whatever it is, it can’t be good." She then spied Hikaru and then glanced at Lightning. "However, I think we might have another issue on our hooves. She then spied Hikaru and then glanced at Lightning. "However, I think we might have another issue on our hooves."

______________________________________________________________________________

Deep within the confines of a dark cave, the scene unfolded within a crystal ball. Not for very much longer though as a hoof smashed said ball into tiny fragments. The owner of the hoof stewed in his rage. His plan had failed, no one had died, and now he broke a scrying orb. Those things weren’t cheap to make.

The earth pony was none other than a chaos blood magi. The very same one that had ‘visited’ Manehattan recently. ‘Damn Shadow Warlock. If he hadn’t interrupted I would have ascended into daemonhood.’

He was a sickly gray toned and had no fur on his body. It honestly looked like he was just skin and bones. His eyes were gone, instead they were just two voids of swirling purple energy. A mark of chaos in its own way. His cloak was blood red and held several gems all over. Each gem was filled with the very essence of life: blood. It was important for Blood magi to always have some on hoof, else they had nothing to sacrifice and use their magic.

He lamented that he couldn’t sacrifice that warlock or even an Element bearer right now. He was strong and quite skilled, but he needed to lie low. The Equestrian loyalists were on high alert, looking out for more of Nightmare Moon’s ilk. Thankfully, that gave him ‘some’ leeway, but not that much. He needed to think smartly. He needed to make as much chaos as he could without rousing suspicion. So he thought up the brilliant plan to introduce a beast into Whitetail Woods. It would cause a scare and hopefully kill somepony. The chaos that would ensue would be delicious and he would be one step closer to unleashing his god. It didn’t work out like he had planned. ‘Curse you bipedal unicorn!’ It didn’t help how suspicious the sun priestess was. Not to mention that bunny being all heroic. He had to make a mental note to make some anti-rabbit spells in hoof next time.

Still, he was sure the priestess couldn’t detect his magic. It was only a partial trace and would honestly look like ambient magic. He was not a fool. Yes, this plan wasn’t the greatest but he was still one step closer to achieving his goal of awakening his god and ascending. It would be any day now. All he would have to wait till the next opportunity to strike……..which would have to be a few days to let this all settled. He sighed.

“Bring me another crystal,” Selfias, the Blood Magi, yelled. He heard his minions scrambling for another orb.

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please leave a comment.