• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,028 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,028

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6 - A New Arm

I was in Ponyville. Everything was it’s normal cartoony self. The sun was smiling, everyone was happy, no monsters attacking the town. It was completely peaceful. Except for the weird robotic creature that just came out of nowhere and started to attack everyone. As I tried to stop it, it started to attack me. It somehow was fast enough to pounce on me and pin me to the ground. As I struggled to get out from underneath it, it reared one of it’s robotic claws up and swiped me across the chest with energy claws that completely cut me straight through, severing my upper chest from my lower chest and legs. The robot jumped off of me, leaving me to die. As my vision failed, I could see the robot killing off everyone. I watched in horror as I couldn’t regenerate because of something the robot did. I tried saying something, but my diaphragm was cut up and I couldn’t speak, so I only coughed up blood. Everything went dark.

I shot up with a gasp. I quickly grabbed my chest to make sure it was okay. “Good, it was only a dream.” I felt a weight on my lap. I looked down to see Tigress, snoring softly. I managed to grab the empty plates we had our dinner on, and teleport into the kitchen. After I was in the kitchen, I realized it was early morning. I grabbed two more raw steaks from the fridge, cooking them quickly with flame breath. I quickly devoured mine and left the other in a stasis field on the table in front of Tigress. I then quickly went downstairs to the work room and started working on my new arm.

After an hour or two drawing up the plans for my arm, Tigress came down the stairs. “What are you working on?” She yawned. I didn’t look up from my drawing as I added some finishing touches.

“A personal project. You can wander around Ponyville if you want. I’m sure the ponies won’t attack you unless you attack first.” She walked up right next to me.

“Can I help you with your project?” She had big puppy dog eyes. I just chuckled and shook my head. “Why not?” She sounded sad.

“Do you have opposable thumbs? Or knowledge about quantum mechanics, cosmic energy, or the Common Universal Theory?” She shook her head. “Then you wouldn’t be able to help, sorry.” She didn’t move.

“Are you sure there is nothing I can do to help?” Why is she acting like this. Seems suspicious.

“Nope, sorry. Why don’t you just walk around Ponyville for a while? Get used to the surroundings.” She sighed and rubbed against my leg like a cat would before walking away.

“Fine. But we better play a game later today, okay!” She walked back up the stairs. I got up and began picking up the materials needed for my arm.

A few hours later, I was putting some finishing touches on the replacement for my arm in front of me. When I was done, I put the soldering iron away and took off my goggles. “It should be done, but I need to install the chips.” I muttered under my breath. I looked to my right at the pile of nano chips on a table, next to some knives. Before I continued, I sent 5 balls of energy out to find my friends and tell them to meet me at Sugarcube Corner at noon. As they flew off in search of the receivers, I sighed and sat down in my chair, as I grabbed one of the knives, cut a small cut on my left arm, and put one of the chips in there.

I did this for almost an entire hour. When I used all of those chips, I looked to the last chip, that had a different structure and a different purpose. I took the now bloody knife and cut open the back of my head and skull, grabbed the chips, and managed to safely stuff it in my brain. Once inside, it righted itself to where it needed to be in my brain and waited for the start-up sequence. I put the knife in a bowl of boiling water nearby to clean it.

I slowly stood up from the chair and balanced myself carefully. I could feel the inactive chips in my body, waiting for my to connect my arm. I looked down at my organic right arm and sighed, picking up a laser saw. “Sorry about this.” I quickly sliced my arm off, making sure my right side looked the same as it did before my arm grew back. I felt regeneration energy going there, trying to heal the wound, but I held it off, keeping it at bay. I picked up my new arm, put it in my pocket universe, and walked upstairs.

When I got upstairs, I didn’t see Tigress. I sighed in relief, not wanting to deal with her right now. Something about her seems wrong. I walked out and headed for Sugarcube Corner, noticing that it was about noon. When I arrived at the building, I walked it, to see a bored looking Rainbow Dash and everyone else, including Tigress.

Rainbow noticed me and started talking. “There you are Connor! We’ve been waiting here forever!” I corrected her in the fact that she was only here for a few minutes, and I said to meet at noon. “Whatever! What did you want to tell us?” They all looked curious now.

I walked over to the table they were at and pulled out my new arm and set it on the table. They all looked at it in curiosity. AJ spoke up. “All right. I give, what is it?” I smiled.

“That, is my new arm. I just made it, so it’s in a prototype stage. But it should respond to me when I plug it into my arm socket. I put several nano chips in my body that connect to my arm, allowing me to control it once activated.” They all looked confused, but seemed to understand the gist of it. “I wanted you guys to be here when I activated it to make sure everything is okay. If my arm says anything about explosions or detonations, pull it out of it’s place immediately, no matter what it says. Do you understand?” They all nodded.

“Good. Now get ready.” I picked up my arm, took a deep breath and attached it to my arm socket. As soon as I did, I felt it turn on with a series of lights, and I felt my chips all activate. Once they all activated, they started overloading a bit, due to all the new stuff happening. I quickly keeled over in pain, and everyone ran up to me to make sure I was okay. “I’m okay.” I managed to say in my pained state. “It is just started up for the first time, it will correct itself in a bit.” Right as I said that, another huge burst of pain shot through me. My eyes blacked out and I hit the ground.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

“Is he okay?” Fluttershy asked.

“Does he look okay to you! He just passed out!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“Is it just me sugarcubes, or does it look like his body is glowing.” Applejack pointed out. Indeed it was. Connor’s body was glowing. He would spasm every couple of seconds. Before any of them could do anything, a loud boom was heard from outside.

They all ran outside and ran to where the explosions were coming from to see a group of figures in cloaks with the letters CFTDP on the back. There were several of them, some where clearly tall minotaurs, some were ponies, there was a chimera or two as well. They were all firing enchanted crystals that shoot lasers at the houses. “Not them again!” Rainbow yelled.

Suddenly a voice called out from the shadows. “He is weak! Activate attack protocols!” When those words went through Tigress’s ears, she stood petrified as her eyes started glowing an evil red. An audible whirring sound was heard as the five ponies turned to see Tigress’s fur slowly be replaced by shiny metal armor. They stood horrified as Tigress turned out to be a robot with a very visible CFTDP sign on it’s flank. When the transformation was completed, the robo-tiger looked over at Sugarcube Corner which was a few blocks away.

“Priority One is weakened. Objective: Terminate Priority One.” The robo-tiger started running off to where Sugarcube Corner was.

“Lands sake! What was that!” Applejack said, completely forgetting about the destruction behind her.

“I don’t know what it was, but I think it’s heading towards Sugarcube Corner. It mentioned something about Priority One is weakened. I think it’s heading to Connor! We have to go!” At the mention of that, the group of ponies started chasing after the robot. They got to Sugarcube Corner a minute after the robot did. They were about to open the doors, when they flung open and the robo-tiger was sent flying through. A second later, Connor emerged from inside the shop, wearing the costume (if it could be called that) he likes to wear, looking like he never was hurt. The ponies could visually see his robotic arm being used without fault.

Connor looked at the shocked group of ponies and smiled. “You didn’t have too much fun without me, did you?”

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Whew, that was a close one. I just barely regained consciousness as the robo-tiger was about to kill me. I noticed it just it time to roll out of the way. It pounced on me, but before it could touch me, I kicked it out of the store. I quickly ran through the doors, stopping when I saw the shocked look of the others. I smiled. “You didn’t have too much fun without me, did you?” They continued to just stare. My face turned serious. “Stop the bad guys and help the civilians, okay? I’ll take care of scrap bucket here.” They quickly nodded and ran off to stop the destruction.

I noticed the robot getting up from the small crater I made when I threw it. It walked closer and we started circling each other like when we first met. “I think I understand now. You’re an android. You programming was to get closer to me and wait for me to be at my weakest. I thought I felt something weird when my sleeping brain picked up your own type of brain waves and made me dream of your plans. Even your personality was fake. You were based off a tiger, but you sensed that I preferred dogs, so you tried to act like one. You even had some form of perception filter, making me think that nothing was wrong. Your plan won’t work so well now that I have my new arm.” It hissed and lunged. I sidestepped, but it predicted that, so I quickly jumped up in the air and flipped onto its back. I started messing with its head as it tried to get me off. I took off the head plate and whistled at the site of the advanced tech in its brain. “22nd century human technology. Child’s play.” I started pulling wires, making the robot’s movements sluggish and making sparks come off of it. “Sorry, but you’re too dangerous to keep functioning. You may not have wanted this life, but you were created for it. Requiescat in pace.” I pulled out one final wire, making it stop dead in it’s tracks. I slowly climbed off of it, staring at it, making sure it didn’t reactivate.

I heard hoofsteps coming up behind me and I turned around in time to catch a ball of magic from one of the CFTDP in my right hand. I saw the unicorn and his griffin friend looked shocked as I absorbed the magic into my arm and shot it back at the unicorn. He tried to put up a shield, but the magic I fired back was infused with cosmic energy, which bypassed the shield and knocked the pony out. The griffin charged at me.

I just stepped to the side and grabbed it’s claw that tried to cut me. I pulled the terrified griffin up to put it face to face with me. “Do you want me to hurt you?” I spoke with no emotion. The griffin quickly shook its head. “Then you shouldn’t have tried to hurt me. Or these innocent ponies.” It gulped in fear as I quickly punched it in the face and let go of its claw as it got flung into a wall. I fired a quick blast of energy at it, knocking it out.

When I was done with the griffin, I noticed sounds of fighting have stopped. I quickly ran over to the center of town, where the fighting was taking place, and I saw the unconscious bodies of several CFTDP members and some civilians. I noticed AJ and Rainbow helping the civilians get back up and make sure they were okay. I saw Fluttershy and Rarity, slowly emerging from inside of one of the buildings. Pinkie appeared bouncing next to my right, not harmed at all. I turned to her. “Where did you go?” She smiled.

“I went to go get the Princess.” I nodded and pat her head in approval. I looked to my left as a bright flash appeared and Celestia was standing there. We had a silent conversation as we looked at each other. While she went off to take care of the CFTDP members, I ran over to AJ and Rainbow.

I grimaced at how they looked, AJ’s back was bruised, she had a black eye, and it looked like one of her legs was broken. Rainbow was no better. She was missing small tufts of fur on her bruised back, her nose was bleeding, and one of her wings looked broken. Amazingly, they both kept strong faces on as they tried to help others. I helped them tend to the ponies, healing them when I got to them.

When all the civilians were healed, and the CFTDP were gathered in the middle of town, surrounded by angry ponies, I went over and healed AJ and then Rainbow. “Mighty thanks Connor. Good to see that you’re okay too. But what are we going to do with these varmints.” She gestured to the CFTDP members who were waking up and now pretty terrified at the fact that we were blocking their magic. I smiled and walked over to them.

“Do you think it’s funny, attacking, and hurting innocent civilians?” I said in an angry tone that made them almost piss themselves. “Tell you what. Give me the location of your HQ, and I’ll lighten your punishment? Deal?” They looked even more terrified, except for one rash unicorn mare, who spoke up.

“What’re you going to do pony lover?” She spat at me. “I know you won’t harm us. The monkey king will punish any monkeys that harm our group. That’s right, we have the backing of your king. Not so tough now are you?” She grinned and I chuckled.

“I never knew there was a rank above Cosmic King. Or that I’m a monkey. Last time I checked, I don’t have any DNA. I’m a cosmic being. My rank is the highest. I don’t have a king.” She spat at me again.

“You lie. There is no such thing as a ‘Cosmic King’, or ‘cosmic beings’. You're just trying to scare us. Well it won’t work.” I smiled again. One bright flash later, I was in my cosmic form walking up to the mare. She had a terrified expression on her face.

“What was that? Speak up. I don’t think I could hear you over the fact that I just went cosmic.” I was grinning, which in my cosmic form, made me look even scarier. The mare was definitely scared now. I started powering up some energy in my hand.

“A stallion would never harm a mare.” She said nervously. I chuckled and continued powering up the energy in my hand.

“Too bad I’m not a stallion.” I touched the energy to her horn and disabled it. She flinched like she expected to die. She looked at her horn, wondering what I did. “I disabled your horn. No more magic for you anymore.” She looked shocked. I walked over to Celestia, who had a stern look on her face. “So, Tartarus?” She nodded and I flicked my hand over at them, and snapped my fingers, sending them all to Tartarus.

Rainbow flew over to me. “Connor! What happened?” The other four ponies were there as well, asking the same thing. I was about to switch back into my normal form, but I noticed before I changed that my right arm was cosmic and not metal. So I guess no matter what my body looks like, as long as it’s alive, and I have cosmic energy, I will look the same in my cosmic form.

I changed back in a bright flash. “Well, I sent them to Tartarus.” They all gasped.

“So what was with that metal tiger thing?” AJ asked.

“Apparently, Tigress was a trap set up for me. She was an android, basically a robot disguised to look organic. I’m technically considered a cyborg, part organic, part robotic, so don't ask me if I'm a robot too. I’m surprised that they even had that kind of tech at all. I looked at her hardware and she had 22nd century human tech in her.” They all gasped.

“Excuse me, but what is a robot?” Fluttershy asked.

“A technological creature made of metal and other stuff you wouldn’t understand. My arm is robotic, but I control it.” I lifted my arm for emphasis.

“What all can your arm do? Can it shoot pies? Or make confetti! Ooh! Can it make parties in thin air! I want one! I want one!” I chuckled and shook my head.

“It can’t do much right now. But I plan to upgrade it in the future. Give it some tools and stuff. Right now, it really is only an arm that helps me channel my powers.” Pinkie jumped up and grabbed my arm pulling it out of the socket. When she did that, I felt an extraordinary pain go through my entire body. I felt all my organs stop suddenly, my skin went ghostly pale, my eyes went bloodshot, and I fell over on the ground, unable to catch myself.

The ponies quickly pushed me onto my back to make sure I was okay, and all flinched back when they saw how much pain I was in. “Oh, are you okay Connor?” I barely was able to shake my head.

“Attach. My. Arm.” I managed to say. They quickly fumbled with my arm, trying to reconnect it. When they did, I felt my body start to heal. I sat up, and took a deep breath. “Don’t do that again okay? Forcibly pulling off my arm will do that to me. If you wanted to see it Pinkie, you could have asked.” I pulled off my arm and felt the chips slowly go to stand-by mode as I handed it to her.

The ponies looked at me confused. “Why aren’t you in pain now?” Rainbow asked

“If I remove it, or if someone removes it with my permission, it doesn’t do that. Mostly because I prepare for it to be taken off, and start putting the chips in my body on stand-by mode.” Pinkie handed the arm back to me and I reattached it. “So, what do we do now?”

Right after I said that, I found all of us, and all of Ponyville at a party in Sugarcube Corner. Even Celestia was there. The banner said ‘Victory against those meanies party’. Celestia walked up to me, and said goodbye before teleporting off. I looked around and saw that the ponies were already starting to party.

I saw Gummy on the dance floor, impressing everyone with his moves. I noticed Doctor Whooves walking to the snack table and was about to grab some fruit, but stopped and flinched back when he realized it was a pear. He gagged a bit and walked over to a bowl of bananas muttering about how he hates pears. He happily ate the banana though. I chuckled a bit and walked over to a wall and leaned against it.

After a minute of the party going on, Pinkie came over to me. “No, I am not going to dance, Pinkie.” She giggled at that.

“Of course not silly. You’re a terrible dancer.” I told you Pinkie, but you didn’t believe me. “I just want to know why you’re not talking to the other ponies. I know they want to talk to you.” I sighed.

“I’m not much for socializing. I’m more of a recluse. Besides, I’m not used to parties. I wouldn’t go to parties back home, and if I did, they would be really small.” Pinkie looked shocked.

“WHAT! How could you live without parties!” I smirked.

“Well, cellular respiration seems to work. Plenty of food and water helps. Osmosis, my heart beating, my lungs working, my stomach… stomaching. There’s other stuff, but I think you can get the gist.” Pinkie looked confused for a second as she tried to figure out what I meant.

When she finally realized what I meant, she ‘ohhhh’ed and smiled as she pointed her hoof at me nodding her head. When she was done, she looked at me for a few seconds, VERY awkwardly, and then asked a question that I wish I never heard. “Sooooo, since you can regenerate, can I taste some of your flesh?” WHAT!

When I realized what she said, I looked at her with a shocked expression on my face, turned my head to see the party, saw Rainbow drinking some punch, and started walking to her. “Yeah, um, I see someone I need to talk to over there. Bye Pinkie.” I quickly moved over to Rainbow, keeping my eyes on Pinkie, who had a dark look on her face.

When Rainbow finally noticed me, she leaned against the wall I was leaning against. “Hey Connor. I didn’t see you there. That was pretty cool fighting we did out there, right? We taught those jerks a lesson.” She kicked her front hooves out like she was punching an invisible target. I chuckled at that.

“Yes we did Rainbow.” I looked down with a sad expression and Rainbow noticed this.

“What’s wrong Connor? Is it about Tigress betraying us?” I nodded.

“But it’s not just that. It’s the fact that the CFTDP has technology more advanced than the humans in the universe I came from had. I mean I freakin’ had a combination of 22nd century human tech, with some 27th century cloaking tech!” I exclaimed. I then sighed. “If they had that kind of tech, I want to know how they got it, and how much more advanced tech they have.”

“If they ever come back though, we could totally take them on.” I nodded in agreement.

After an hour or two, the party was more or less over and the ponies started going home due to how late it was. I said goodbye to everyone and walked to my house. When I got inside, I immediately destroyed all the proof that the robot was ever here. When I was done, I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a steak from the fridge, and just devoured it raw. When I was done, I walked up to my room, and dropped onto my bed, thinking about today’s events. I eventually fell asleep, not knowing of the events that would happen tomorrow.

Author's Note:

So, next chapter up. Tigress turned out to be an enemy. Connor got a new arm. And we learn a tad bit more of who these CFTDP are. But many questions are left to be answered. Like, what kind of upgrades will Connor use on his arm? What exactly are the CFTDP? Why does Celestia not seem shocked by Connor's power? What is that mysterious object doing coming to the planet? Why am I asking these questions? Anyway, keep a look out for the next chapter of The Cosmic King.

PreviousChapters Next