• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,028 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,028

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 - Experimentation

When I woke up in the morning, I noticed something different about my room. It took me a few minutes to figure out what was different, but when I did, I was immediately awake.

I looked over at the only other person in the room. “Why am I in the basement of your house Twilight?” When I asked this, I noticed my voice was much more hoarse than usual. Panicked, I looked and noticed that not only was I missing my arm, but I was strapped to a chair.

“Oh good, you’re awake!” Twilight said, trotting over to another machine.

“What did you do to my arm!” I try to say menacingly, but it didn’t work so well.

“Oh that thing! It’s a marvelous piece of technology. In a few years, we could advance Equestrian technology tenfold just by analyzing it.” She said happily as she walked over to a machine holding my arm.

“Give my arm back!”

“But why would I do that? Don’t you see Connor! With your knowledge, we could cure every known disease to pony kind! We could advance modern magic!” I cut her off before she could continue.

“I need my arm! When my arm is forcibly removed, all my bodily processes stop! I can hardly even use my powers!” I pointed out.

“But you seem to be doing fine! There is no harm in letting me continue analyzing your arm for a few more hours.” She folded her ears back.

“Like there is no harm in kidnapping me from my home in the middle of the night, and dismembering me? Or that you have strapped me to a freaking chair!” I tried to yell. Meanwhile, I was mentally fixing the chips in my body so I can have my powers back.

“Well you were thrashing about in your sleep. I had to strap you to a chair so you wouldn’t destroy anything.” I just gave her a bewildered look.

“That’s what your getting from what I’m saying! Not the fact that you could be arrested for a long time due to the crimes you committed!” No matter what I said, it wasn’t getting through to her.

“Yeah but we’re friends! Friends don’t send each other to jail.” I just sighed.

“Friends also don’t kidnap each other! I am in excruciating pain because you removed my arm! What kind of friend does that!” As I said this, I felt some of my powers return.

“Don’t worry, I’ll cast a knockout spell on you that will last a few days, and I’ll also cast a memory spell so you won’t remember any of this.” She said proud of herself, while I started to get worried. I noticed her horn starting to glow, and remembered that without my arm and powers, I won’t be immune to the spells.

“But what about my…” I didn’t get to finish that sentence, as she cast the spell on me, making me fall asleep.

I woke up to screams of pain and explosions coming from outside. I noticed I was still strapped to the chair. I struggled to break the rope bonds, but I just couldn’t. I took a quick look around and noticed a sharp pole attached to one of the machines. I managed to position myself for the pole to break through the rope around my left arm.

After freeing my left arm, I quickly got to work on removing the other ropes. A minute later, and I was standing up, completely free. I didn’t notice my arm in the room so I quickly made my way upstairs and noticed the mane six all boarded up in the library, looking like they were dressed for war. I also noticed my arm on a stand. It looked like it was being used as a turret.

I walked over and picked up my arm, putting it back in my socket. It was at that point the others noticed me. Rainbow ran over to me first hope in her eyes. “Connor! You’re alive!”

“Yeah I am. What happened to everything!” I could still hear screaming outside.

“Well, a few days after you disappeared a strange monster appeared. It was all black and kinda reminded me of you in your Cosmic form. But black.” Rainbow said as I was thinking about what kind of monster this could be.

“Where were you Connor?” AJ asked. I noticed Twilight started to look worried.

“Oh I’m sure he had somewhere important he had to be, because you know, he’s the Cosmic King.” Twilight said nervously.

“Actually, Twilight kidnapped sometime in the middle of the night after the events with Nightmare Moon, keeping me tied up in her basement with my arm removed so I couldn’t escape. She then cast a sleep spell on me to make me sleep for a few days so she could continue to experiment on me and my arm without my consent, not caring about how much pain I was under.” They all gasped except for Twilight.

“Twilight, is this true?” AJ asked, looking at Twilight.

“I...well...he…” She took a deep breath. “Yes. I took Connor in the middle of the night so I could analyze his arm. But I was trying to see if we could use the technology to help our society advance!”

“But what’s the point of advancing your society if you’re hurting your friends in the process! Did you ever think of the repercussions of such an event! You could completely change the timeline in a very negative way!” Twilight folded her ears back.

“But I…” I cut her off.

“You messed up Twilight. Now let me deal with this while you think about how torturing me ruined the lives of many.” I said in an angry tone as I opened the door and walked out, closing it behind me.

I looked around noticing the dead bodies of so many ponies laying around the destroyed town. I started walking forward till I heard faint breathing coming from one of the bodies. I quickly ran over to the body and noticed it was Cheerilee, barely breathing.

“C...Connor…please...protect...the children.” She gave one final breath before her eyes rolled up.

I just sighed and closed her eyelids. “Requiescat in pace.” I stood back up, and heard faint whimpering sounds coming from behind the wall Cheerilee was against. I gently rolled her body out of the way and noticed a small hole in the wall. I looked in the hole and saw all the children in Cheerilee’s class.

“Hey.” I said in a light calm voice. “Come on out, we need to get you children to a safer place.” They seemed to get the message and started crawling out one by one.

Once they were all out, I noticed the condition they were in. They were all slightly bruised and scared out of their minds, but I noticed that Scootaloo’s leg was missing. I gently picked up Scootaloo and motioned for the others to follow me.

After another minute, I could see the library coming up. I turned around to face the others. “Okay everyone. We’re almost to a safe spot. The elements of harmony are there trying their best to keep it safe. I’m going to drop you off there before stopping the monster okay?” They all nodded. “Good, now lets go…” I heard a loud boom, as I turned around to see the library go up in a big bang.

“No.” Was all I said as I immediately rushed over to the wreckage, the children following me close behind. When I got there, I saw the bodies of all the elements all thrown around. I put down Scootaloo and picked up Rainbow Dash’s body, who was still breathing and held her close. As far as I could tell, she was the only one left alive.

“Rainbow…no...please don’t die on me. That’s my job.” I managed to say in between sobs.

“Connor, look out.” Was all I heard as a sharp pain went through my chest as I looked down to see a black arm pulling itself out of my chest, leaving a hole behind. As I fell onto my knees, still holding Rainbow close, I said one thing.

“I’m sorry Rainbow. I failed you.”

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

After putting Connor back to sleep, I quickly trotted over to the Analyzer 5000 to check on the results of the arm. “Seems to be working properly.” I heard sounds coming from where Connor is.

I quickly trotted back to the chair, horn charging up to put him back to sleep, when I noticed he was thrashing about in his sleep. I just sighed and powered down my horn. “Connor has some serious issues. Doesn’t he see how beneficial this is?” I was cut from saying anything else when I heard loud beeping coming from one of the machines attached to Connor.

“What the?” The ERM, energy reading meter for those who don’t know, was beeping like mad. “These readings are over 150 times what his usual energy levels are. But where is all this energy coming from?” I heard more beeping, and looked over to see the magic meter showing high levels of magic from Connor.

“He’s giving off more magic than Princess Celestia! But that’s impossible!” I slowly back away from still thrashing and now screaming Connor.

Suddenly, his eyes opened, and I flinched back, expecting him to be awake. But what surprised me was the fact that his eyes were completely black and soulless.

I took a small step forward. “Connor?” I said cautiously. I was about to take another step forward, when he completely snapped all the bindings off and stood up. He made eye contact with me before making the scariest smile I have ever seen.

He quickly walked up to me, the smile never leaving his face, before reaching down to try and grab my throat. I quickly teleported out of the basement and ended up outside of the library. I took a sigh of relief as I walked back in my house. “He shouldn’t be able to escape the basement. I have an enchantment strong enough around the entire room that even the Princess would have trouble breaking through.

Before I could even relax with a good book, I heard a loud yell as the door to the basement shattered open and Connor walked out. “But...but that’s impossible!” I slowly back up to the door leaving the library as Connor slowly advances towards me.

I spare a quick glance at the door behind me, before quickly putting my book back in it’s place and quickly running out of the library as Connor jumped at me.

After barely escaping Connor’s grab, I ran as quick as my four hooves can take me to Sugarcube Corner.

After running for nearly 2 and a half minutes but it felt like an hour, I arrived through the doors of Sugarcube Corner. I collapsed on the ground, breathing rapidly as Pinkie quickly came up to me.

“Hey Twilight! Why’re you breathing so heavily? Huh? Huh? Did you race here from your home just because you like Sugarcube Corner’s sweets? I bet that’s it isn’t it? Wow! I heard of ponies loving our sweets but this takes the cake!” Pinkie pulls out a cake for emphasis as I’m trying to speak again.

“P-pin-Pinkie, help. C-Connor’s gone crazy.” I managed to say in between breaths. After I said this, Pinkie’s cheerful eyes quickly turned terrified as she was looking at something behind me.

I slowly turned my head to see what she was staring at, to see Connor had already entered the building. But unlike a few minutes ago, Connor’s clothes were completely different. Everything he was wearing was a deep dark black that looked like there were stars moving in them as if he was wearing space. His mane, instead of being spiked up in the front, was slicked back and in a darker shade of it’s usual brown color. Where his right arm would have been was an arm made of some kind of very dark energy. But the most disturbing fact about him was his smile. He clearly showed his teeth with all seemed to be much sharper than they should.

As Connor slowly started walking towards us, Pinkie appeared in front of him, with her usual smile back on her face. “Hiya Connor! You trying a new look? It suits you but it seems a bit too dark. I thought you preferred wearing yellow and cosmic purple?” Pinkie was cut from saying anything else as Connor slammed his right hand into her face so hard that Pinkie was sent flying into the wall.

Pinkie started crying after she just realized what happened. “Connor. How could you do this? I thought we were friends?” She said in between sobs.

“Oh we are.” Connor said in a voice much darker than his usual. “It’s just that Twilight here taught me that friends should hurt each other. Painfully. I’m just practicing with this new lesson.” He started walking closer to me, no longer paying attention to Pinkie, who was no longer where she was flung. “Time for your share of pain Twilight.” Connor brought his right fist up, and was about to bring it down, but I teleported away from him again.

I teleported right outside of the bakery, not even having a chance to breath before I heard Connor yell as he ran through the doors looking at me with the same emotionless look he had earlier.

As he ran over to me, ready to hurt me, a whistling sound was heard, getting louder. Right before Connor could hurt me, he was quickly knocked to the side by a rainbow blur. “Rainbow!” I yelled out in gratitude.

“I came as quick as I could. Why is Connor attacking us?” Rainbow Dash said, landing on the ground, but keeping an eye on Connor, who recovered quickly by sending four black tendrils out of his body and keeping himself above of the ground with them.

I quickly tried to think of an excuse to tell Rainbow. “I don’t know! He just started attacking me in my own house!” By the look on Rainbow’s face, I can tell that she fell for it.

“Twilight look out!” Rainbow Dash yelled as Connor started charging at us again… only to be stopped by Fluttershy who was suddenly right in front of him, staring straight into his eyes.

“Fluttershy, what are you doing! He’ll kill you!” I yelled, but Fluttershy didn’t seem to listen, as she kept on staring at him.

They stayed like that for a minute before Fluttershy slowly backed off, fear in her eyes. “But, that’s… that’s impossible! No pony can resist Fluttershy’s Stare!” I heard Rainbow call out next to me. I expected Fluttershy to run, but she was just slowly backing up as Connor walked forward.

“Why are you doing this Connor? I thought we were friends?” I heard Fluttershy ask, trying to hold back tears.

Connor stopped walking when Fluttershy asked that. “We are still friends Fluttershy. It’s just that earlier today, Twilight kidnapped me from my house while I was sleeping, and strapped me to a chair in her basement. She forcibly removed my arm causing me great pain. All the while, she said it was for the good of Ponykind. She didn’t care at all about the pain I WAS IN! It wasn’t just psychical pain, it hurt me more by the fact that the pony I risked my life for twice would care so little about me that she would FREAKIN’ TORTURE ME!” I gulped, hoping that he wouldn’t convince the others that’s what happened.

Fluttershy turned her head to look at me. “Twilight, is this true?”

“W-what! O-of course not. Why would I try to study Connor?” I said, hoping they would buy it.

“Twilight, don’t you lie to us.” I heard Applejack say from the side. I turned my head to see her, slowly walking up to us.

“W-what do you mean Applejack? I’m not lying! Connor’s clearly crazy!” Judging by the look on her face means she didn’t buy it.

“I’m the element of honesty Twilight. I can tell when somepony is lying.” I gulped. “Now why don’t you tell us the truth?” I noticed that everypony was looking at me.

I sighed, knowing when I’m beat. “Yes I did take Connor from his house when he was sleeping. I strapped him to a chair because while he was sleeping, he kept on flailing about. I wanted to study him and his arm so I removed it so I could analyze it.” When I said that I removed his arm, all the ponies flinched in pain. “A few minutes later, Connor woke up, and tried to convince me to let him go and give him back his arm. He said he was in great pain, but I kept on analyzing his arm, hoping to use the technology to advance our society. I knew he was lying about the pain though. If that arm wasn’t the arm he had at birth, that means he made the arm so he could attach it to himself. Which means that I could remove it without trouble.” The looks on the other ponies faces told me I must have done something wrong.

“He was telling the truth Twilight.” Applejack started. “If someone other than Connor removes his arm…”

“It causes me great pain because I wouldn’t have deactivated the microchips my arm is connected to in my body. So when you remove my arm, every one of my organs fail, I get put into great pain, and I can’t use my powers.” I flinched at what Connor just said. He was telling the truth? So when I was trying to help all the ponies, I was hurting the one creature that risked his own life twice just to save me.

My ears fold back as I realize my mistake. “I-I’m sorry Connor. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just wanted to help ponies everywhere.” We all watch as Connor walks up to me, and crouches down.

“I’m not sure if I can forgive you. But first things first, you should wake up.” He said calmly, while I was confused. What does he mean by ‘wake up’? As I was thinking, I noticed everything started to become distorted.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

As Twilight slowly comes to, I wait, still trapped to the chair. “So do you finally realize why you shouldn’t do this Twilight?” I said in a calm tone of voice.

“Wha-what happened?” She was still a bit tired.

“When you tried to cast the sleep spell on me, I had enough of my powers returned to reflect the spell and put you to sleep. While you were sleeping, I gave you a dream that shows what would happen if you were to try to put me to sleep.” She looked confused for a second, before realizing what I said.

“That would really happen?” She asked curiously.

I just sighed. “Yes it would. If you were to put me to sleep, I would have a nightmare, due to the fact I couldn’t dream ever since I got my powers. The nightmare would have given me night terrors, like usual, but the nightmare would be about me being betrayed by you. I would be so angry at that, that my powers would feed off my anger and hatred, turning me into that monster you saw me become.”

“I’m so sorry Connor.” She said, running forward, removing the bonds on my legs. “I didn’t know I was causing great pain to you. I guess I was just so focused on the science of your arm I forgot that you’re my friend.” After she finished saying that, she removed the strap on my left arm, and I used that arm to remove the other straps on my chest.

I stood up, stretching a bit, before walking over to my arm, and removing it from the machine and reattaching it to my socket. “It’s okay Twilight. I’ll forgive you. Just don’t do it again.” I pushed a few buttons on my arm, setting it to a certain mode. “Plus I think you have learned a valuable lesson to send to Princess Celestia.” I charged up my arm, preparing it for what I am about to do.

“You’re right Connor! Thanks for forgiving me.” She gives me a hug around my waist, because that’s how tall she is compared to me. As she started walking upstairs, I unleash a burst of energy from my arm, deleting all the data about me and my arm from the machines. Twilight realized what I didn’t and started to freak out. “Connor! Why did you do that!”

“If you were to try and copy the technology from my arm, you would seriously change the timeline. I told you before that this is just a show in my universe, but if Equestria became too advanced, a lot of events won’t happen! Especially the events that need to happen!” It took more convincing, but I finally made her decide what I did was right, and we both went upstairs.

After a quick breakfast, made by Spike, Twilight called him over to begin writing the letter. “Dear Princess Celestia, Today I learned that you shouldn’t do things to your friends that hurt them without their permission. You should always ask before performing experiments on them. It might make them uncomfortable. Your favorite student, Twilight Sparkle.” After writing it, Spike sent it with magic dragonfire, and we all watched it fly away.

I walk over to one of the bookshelves and found a book about Equestrian history. Picking it up, I sat down next to the shelf and began reading. Well, trying to read if I could read Equestrian. “What the crap.” I said, realizing that Equestrian writing was a bunch of horseshoes and other horse stuff.

“What’s wrong?” Twilight asked concerned.

“This is seriously your language?” I answered, showing her the inside of the book.

“Yeah, you got a problem with it?” Twilight said, confused at what I was getting at.

“Kinda, I have to set my brain to be able to read this.” Twilight gasped at that.

“You can’t read!” She sounds like that is blasphemy to her. Which it probably is.

“I can read. It’s just that English, my language, and Equestrian, your language, sound the same, but look differently. Let me just…” I stared at the words in the book for a few seconds, as my brain develops the ability to read Equestrian. “There, done. Now I can fully read Equestrian.” Twilight just looked really confused.

“But how did that work!” Twilight yelled, trying to figure out what I did.

“I’m part robot, so I have a microchip in my brain. Plus with my powers, my brain is more advanced than the most advanced supercomputer/AI in the history of most universes.” I said, sitting down and starting to read the book. Twilight just sighed, before starting to read her own book.

Author's Note:

Another chapter done! In this one, Twilight goes science crazy and completely forgets that Connor is a living breathing organism too. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to try and see the next chapter of The Cosmic King!

PreviousChapters Next