• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,032 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,032

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15 - Living Light

I was with Twilight in her home, teaching her how to use lightning as a spell. I held a ball of lightning in my hands, feeling the tingle on my skin. I looked over to Twilight, to see she was struggling to make a single electric spark appear. She would have passed if I was teaching her how to make magic sparks. “Twilight, you’re trying too hard. You’re acting like you’re forcing the electricity into being.”

Twilight fell down after I said that, gasping for breath. Once she was no longer breathing heavily, she stood up. “Well then, how am I supposed to do it?”

“Like I told you five minutes ago. You need to bring in the electricity from around you. You can generate electricity from your body like I can. There’s static electricity all over this room, but you have to feel for it. You can use that to create an electric ball.” Twilight tried to do it again, this time feeling for the electricity in the room.

“I can feel all the electricity in the room Connor.” I gave some words of encouragement. “I’m going to try to do it again. I’ll use the big group of electricity in this room.” Wait, what?

I realized what she meant too late. “Wait Twilight, don’t!” I felt some of my electricity in my body leave me, heading for Twilight. I watched with a gulp as a big ball of electricity formed above her horn.

Twilight opened her eyes, and looked at the big ball of electricity above her. “I did it! Connor look I did it!” She looked over at me, to see the fear in my eyes as I looked at the ball. This was enough to break Twilight’s focus, and cause the ball to start shaking.

I quickly threw myself over Twilight, right as the ball exploded. Once we could see again, we noticed something that scared both of us.

A creature, humanoid in shape, that looked like it was nothing but light was standing in the middle of the room. I stood up, eyeing it carefully as it seemingly looked around. Once it locked eyes with me, I got a better look at it’s face.

While it still was only made of light, it had a darker shade where its eyes and mouth would be. It gave a creepy smile as it looked at me, before it ran at high speeds through the door of Twilight’s house, and into Ponyville.

“Connor, what was that?” Twilight asked, concerned.

“Twilight, that’s Living Light. You created it when you used the electricity from my body for your spell and then lost focus.” I said, trying to hide my fear.

“Can you stop it?” Twilight asked, hopefully.

I looked into her eyes, before answering. “I don’t know. It’s made of living light. Meaning it runs as fast as light, attacks with faster-than-light attacks, and is pretty hard to battle.” I sighed before walking to the door. “But that won’t stop me, because I’ll try my best.”

It took a minute, but I found Living Light terrorizing the ponies. And by terrorizing, I mean it was brutally hurting ponies. I charged forward as super-sonic speeds, trying to punch it, but it dodged the attack, and delivered an ftl punch to my face, sending me flying into a wall.

Right as I landed, Living Light was already upon me, sending a flurry of high-speed punches that pushed me deeper into the wall. I quickly turned into my Cosmic Form, which surprised it long enough to get out of the wall, and deliver an uppercut to its jaw.

It recovered quickly, before charging at me again. This time though, I was barely able to dodge its attacks. My Cosmic Form enhancing all my abilities. I kept on dodging punches, until I got tired and delivered a high power kick to its leg.

It stumbled a bit, clearly wounded from that attack. This time though, I charged at it, punching it several times in the gut before it could recover. Once it did however, it sent one punch into me, sending me sliding back, before charging to attack a pony.

I threw myself in front of the pony, taking the punches, while the pony ran away. It kept on delivering punch after punch after kick into me, while I slowly weakened. After three whole minutes, it stopped, before throwing me into the center of the road, and jumping on me, sending even more punches into me, as a crater where my body is slowly started to form.

After five minutes of constant beating, I turned back into my regular form. It hit me with one more punch in the face, dazing me, before punching Rainbow, who was flying right at him, after seeing me get beat up senselessly.

As Rainbow tried to lift herself out of the crater she made when she impacted the ground, AJ suddenly appeared right next to her, in a crater of her own. Then Twilight, Rarity, and even Pinkie were all sent into craters by the Living Light,

I managed to open one eye, noticing how it was about to attack the pre-CMC, who were huddled against each other. I was too wounded to get up and block the attack, but a yellow and pink blur threw itself in front of the fillies, before taking the attack.

When everything stopped moving at light speed, I saw a bleeding Fluttershy being held by her mane. It then threw Fluttershy next to my crater, allowing me to look at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy was barely conscious, softly crying, and bleeding almost everywhere. I felt a pain in my heart, as I saw the state she was in. This was the pony that took me in when I first arrived here. This is the most kind and sweet pony in the entire world. That is the creature that reduced her to this state.

Against my body’s wishes, I stood up, facing the Living Light as he soundlessly gloated over the defeat of the elements of harmony. But as I saw his surprised face as I stood up, I knew I wouldn’t be getting up the next time.

It immediately charged at me, going as fast as light. But I just stood there, and watched as its motions seemed to be getting slower and slower. Right as it was about to punch me, I reached out, and caught its fist, inches from my face.

It had the time to look surprised, before a bright flash overtook me, sending Living Light flying back. When the flash ended, standing in my place, was a humanoid creature, that seemed to be made of living electricity. The only way anyone could tell it was me, was my bright electric yellow eyes, that stood defiant against a powerful enemy.

Quicker than Living Light could see, my fist was engraved into its face. Then my knee was embedded in its gut. Then it found itself on the ground, my foot on its face. “Return to my form, creature of light, as I am the one you come from.” When I said this, it sounded like my voice was still the same, but with an electric tone to it.

With one final squash, Living Light was dissolved into my body. I looked over to see the ponies pulling themselves out of their craters, and nursing each others wounds. I walked over to them, before healing them all up with my power. Twilight, curious as always, walked up to me.

“Connor, what exactly are you now?” After she asked this, I looked at both my hands, which both seemed to be made of electricity, with no trace of my mechanical arm.

“I’d say I’m in a form of living electricity. I’m not as strong as in Cosmic Form, or Anger Form, but I’m faster than either. I guess I’ll call it Lightning Form. Might be useful at some point.

‘Oh boy, I wish it wouldn’t be needed so soon.’

As these events happen, a white robed figure that radiated power beyond the likes that any have seen, slowly scratched his beard. He stood up, before cracking his back. “Figures a wimp like him would get my powers. Maybe if I’m lucky, I can convince him to use his powers wisely, instead of using it to protect others like he is now. What a waste of power, using it to help others, when it should be used to smite anyone who would disobey you.” With a flash of holy light, the figure was gone, to find the ‘Cosmic King.’

Author's Note:

Well, another chapter done. I kinda rushed this one, because I want to start working on the next chapter, where Connor's toughest fight yet comes up. Can anyone guess who it will be?

PreviousChapters Next