• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,006 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,006

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24- Six Ponies, a Dragon, and a Minotaur all walk into an arena

After a thirty minute break, I was called back into the arena to challenge my next opponent. As I walked out, I heard the audience cheering for me. I motioned for them to cheer louder. Eventually, the announcer started speaking.

“This match is between the Element of Courage, Connor, versus the Element of Honesty, Applejack!” As the announcer said this, AJ walked into the arena. “Fight!”

“You do realize I’m gonna win, sugarcube?” AJ said in a threatening tone. I returned it with a grin.

“Oh, is that the truth?” I taunted.

“You know it is!” AJ pulled out her lasso, and tried to catch me with it. After dodging for a minute, she managed to wrap the rope around my left wrist. “I got you now!”

I just gave a smile before responding. “AJ, you’re a terrible liar.” Before she could realize what I meant, I grabbed the rope with my left hand, before swinging it above my head, flinging around AJ who was still holding onto the rope.

After building enough speed, I threw her across the arena, sending her flying into a wall, and snapping the rope while doing so. Once AJ recovered, she tried charging me, but I quickly slammed my foot into the ground, sending a small earthquake over to AJ, which caused her to stumble.

When AJ got up, she slammed her hooves into the ground, sending up some debris, before quickly spinning around, and kicking the projectiles at me. I quickly destroyed the projectiles with balls of cosmic energy.

Filling my hands with cosmic energy, I run forward, firing several blasts of energy at AJ. She tried to dodge them, but the uneven ground threw off her balance, allowing me to hurt her. While she was stunned, I jumped on her back, and began to hold on, as she tried to buck me off.

As she desperately tried to get me off, I leaned down to her ear, before speaking. “Tell me Applejack, are you afraid of heights?”

“I’m not afraid of anything!” AJ retorted.

“Then prove it.” I said with a smile, as my wings burst straight through my shirt, and started flapping, as I held AJ with my legs and arms, preventing her from escaping.

“What’s this?! Connor has all kinds of tricks in his sleeves! A pair of bright golden wings just came out of his back, and now he’s bringing Applejack into the air! What does Connor have planned?!”

About a minute later, I was still flying up, not tiring, as I quickly flew up into the upper atmosphere. When I was high enough, I spoke to AJ again. “So, still not afraid of heights?”

AJ was clearly scared, as she was shivering in fear. “I-I’m not a-afraid of anything.”

I gave a small smile, before replying. “Good thing too, because my arms are getting tired.” I let go of AJ, leaving my legs as the only thing holding her up.

As soon as AJ realized that she was barely being held from a deadly drop, she started shivering even more. “No-nope, no-not afraid of a-anything.” AJ said unconvincingly.

“Well, I’m really glad to hear that, because my legs are cramped up. So I’m gonna have to let go of you. But you must have a reason to be not afraid of being this high, so I’m assuming you can survive any fall without hurting yourself. So, see you at the bottom.” I let go of AJ, letting her fall down to the planet with a loud scream. I chuckled before following her.

As we rapidly fell through the atmosphere, I was calmly talking to her. “Still not afraid of heights?”

“Connor! Help!” AJ yelled.

“Why should I? If you die, I win, and besides, you’re not afraid of heights so you probably won’t die.” I taunted.

“I lied! I am afraid! Please don’t let me die!” I acted like I was surprised.

“The element of honesty, lying! Applejack how could you?”

“Please help! I don’t want to die! I’ll do anything!” I acted like I was considering it.

“Sure.” Her face lit up. “On one condition. You have to forfeit the match.”

“I would never do such a thing!”

“Okay then, so what do you think of the stadium? It looks rather nice, and was well built.” My plan worked, because I got her to look down, to see the rapidly approaching arena.

“Okay! I’ll forfeit!”

“Pinkie promise!” I stated. After I said this, AJ’s face turned white as she figured out I knew she was lying that time.

“No!” AJ stubbornly replied.

“See you at the bottom then!” I put my arms to my sides, and shot down to the arena, leaving AJ to save herself. I crashed down in the arena, still learning how to land perfectly while falling. I looked up to see an orange figure still falling.

“It seems that Connor flew Applejack to the upper atmosphere, and dropped her! If AJ can’t save herself, she will die!” The announcer spoke.

I used my powers to get a good look at AJ, and hearing her as well. “Why did I have to act so stubborn! I’m going to die now because of my darn pride! I hope Big Mac can take care of Applebloom and Granny Smith.” I walked a few steps forward, predicting where AJ would land, before pulling my fist back, and filling it with energy, before quickly bringing it forward, right before AJ hit the ground.

“FALCON PUNCH!” After I punched her, my idea worked, as she was flung into a wall, knocked out, without taking the fall damage.

“And Connor won! Can anypony take this titan down!” As the crowds cheered for me, I pumped my right arm into the air.


Applejack was taken out of the arena, and put into the infirmary. Rainbow Dash walked up to her currently awake friend, worried. “So what happened? Everything felt hazy, like I couldn’t control myself.” Applejack asked.

“I don’t know, but I felt like that too, until Connor knocked me out. Maybe we’re being brainwashed by aliens or something.” Rainbow Dash suggested.

“Maybe, but I remember seeing Connor’s eyes, they were yellow.” Applejack remembered.

“Connor’s eyes are usually yellow AJ, you must of hit you head hard or something.” Rainbow Dash joked.

“I know his eyes are normally yellow, but this time they were a different shade. I think I saw Shining Armor have a similar color in his eyes when he was battling Connor.”

“You think that Connor is being hypnotized or something?” Rainbow Dash asked worryingly.

“I don’t know, but if he is, we might be in real trouble.”


I entered the arena again, this time Fluttershy being my opponent. While normally I would laugh at this, but I saw the determination in her eyes, and decided to fight her. Once the announcer called out Fluttershy, and started the match, Fluttershy immediately flew right at me.

I went to block, but she stopped right in front of me, and stared into my eyes. ‘The Stare, huh? Well two people can play at that game.’ As I tried to fight the stare, I was slowly being pushed down.

“And Fluttershy just seems to be staring at Connor, but somehow able to push him down! Is this the fabled Stare ability? Can Connor stop this? Or will his winning streak be broken?”

After he said that, I started to push my anger forth, eventually pushing Fluttershy back. AS I got back on my feet, Fluttershy started to stare even harder, but I kept staring right back, neither of us budging from the force of the other’s stare. After about a minute, I started to push even more emotions into my stare, besides just anger.


As Connor and Fluttershy continued to do their staring contest, Fluttershy started backing up, from the sheer power of Connor’s stare. As Connor pushed more and more emotions into his stare, Fluttershy was seeing past the emotions, and into the memories that caused them. Fluttershy started to tear up, seeing all the memories of Connor’s past. The love he had for his family and best friend. The sadness at never being able to see them again. The pain from dying, and losing everything because of one person’s actions. And the anger at the life he has to live.

After seeing all these memories, Fluttershy stopped using the stare, and the the surprise of everyone, forfeited.


When I entered the arena again, I had about a minute to think over my next plan. ‘If I remember correctly, Carl the dragon is next. I doubt it will be as easy as Fluttershy’s match was. Carl is a teenage dragon, similar to the ones in ‘Dragon Quest.’ But I’m not sure if he’ll act the same. He seemed to look pretty fast, but also looked rather strong.’ As I continued to think of my plan, Carl came onto the stage, and the announcer started the match.

I snapped out of my thoughts, as I dodged a rapid flurry of punches. I flipped back, and prepared for my plan. Carl was a green and red dragon, and didn’t have anything standing out in his appearance.

Unlike the others I fought, when I dodged Carl’s attacks, he didn’t charge at me. He was preparing for my own attack. ‘He want’s me to attack, then I shall.’ I charged some energy in my throat, before speaking three powerful words. “FUS RO DAH!”

He didn’t expect that, as he was thrown back. The second he got back up on his feet, I charged at him, using another set of words. “WULD NAH KEST!” I grabbed his throat when I ran by him, swinging him around, and sent him flying into the air.

Carl quickly caught himself, before flying down at me, breathing fire. His fire breath covered his body, making him do something similar to a flare blitz. I quickly dodged out of the way, and fired a quick blast of energy at him.

When he recovered, he tried breath a massive amount of fire at me, which I quickly braced for. When the fire cleared, I quickly regenerated all the damage done. ‘I’m getting bored. Time to finish this quickly.’ I quickly dashed at Carl, delivering a massive punch to his face, knocking him out, and sending him flying into a wall.

“And Connor wins again!”


Two hours later, found me about to battle Pinkie. In those two hours, I was able to beat Mr. Fluffles, Jeffrey, and Rarity. But this fight seems like it will be the toughest due to Pinkie’s Pinkieness.

“Fight!”

I was suddenly pelted with a bunch of cake, making it hard to see. Using my other senses, I quickly dodged her flying kick, and grabbed her leg, only for her to turn into confetti. I sent out a burst of energy, quickly destroying all the cake nearby. “You want to fight like that Pinkie? Two can play at that game.”

“Oh boy! I love games! Let’s try this one where I hit you with my party cannon again!” She fired her party cannon, but I was suddenly right behind her. Right before I hit her in the back of the neck, she teleported behind me. She was about to hit me, but I teleported behind her, and managed to break her left hind leg, before she teleported away.

I landed, to see Pinkie on the opposite side of the arena, nursing her broken leg. “That wasn’t very fun! I thought we were friends Connor. Friends don’t hurt each other.”

“Tell that to Twilight.”

“But why would you hurt me! Does that mean that we’re no longer friends? Why would you not want to be friends with me anymore! You know how much that hurts?”

“Yes I do.”

“It hurts so badly, it makes me want to… kill everything!” I quickly realized what happened a second too late, as I felt a sharp pain in my gut, and I saw Pinkamena standing in front of me, holding a knife in my gut.

I tried to kick her, but she and the knife disappeared. As I slowly turned around, not seeing Pinkamena, I felt a sharp pain in my left eye. I pulled out the knife, so my eye could heal, and destroyed it. “You call that depression? You call that dark? You call that crazy?!” I quickly caught Pinkamena in mid-air, as she tried to stab me in the heart. “Pinkamena, you haven’t seen nothing yet.”

As Pinkamena tried to escape, she found out she couldn’t and stared right into my eyes, watching my change forms. My hair turned a darker shade of brown, my irises turned pitch black, my skin turned pale, and my face developed a smile so wide, that my skin was cracking. “Hehe. We’re going to have so much fun!” I said in a tone that I could tell chilled Pinkamena to the bone.


The audience was frozen in fear, as they saw the darker side of Connor emerge. Not even the announcer knew what to say. Connor let go of Pinkamena, before four black tendrils came out of Connor’s back, pushing him off the ground. Pinkamena quickly tried to get away from him, but Connor caught one of her legs, causing her to trip.

“What’s wrong Pinkamena? You scared? Why, I’m nothing to be scared of.” Connor appeared right in front of Pinkamena. “I only just want to eat your soul.”

Pinkamena managed to escape, but was no longer able to see as well, as the entire arena filled with dark grey mist. Pinkamena slowly limped around, holding a knife out in front of her threateningly. A loud crack was heard as Pinkamena’s foreleg was horribly crushed, and the knife dropped.

“That little piggy was brutally murdered.” Connor’s voice rang out. Another loud crack was heard, as Pinkamena’s unbroken hind leg was ripped off. “This little piggy was turned into roast beef.” Pinkamena’s screams were heard all over the stadium. The audience gasped, being able to see through the smoke.

Pinkamena managed to get up, and slowly hobble away on one unusable leg, one unbroken, and one broken. Before she could get far, her remaining hind leg failed, causing her to fall down, unable to support herself on her two forelegs. “This little piggy committed suicide.”

Pinkamena screamed again, as Connor cut Pinkamena’s good foreleg into two. This little piggy cut himself.” At this point, Pinkamena was crying, pleading with Connor to stop. Connor grabbed Pinkamena’s neck. “And this little piggy screamed in pain all that way to the afterlife.” Connor was about to snap Pinkamena’s neck, when Pinkamena forfeited.

As the smoke cleared, Connor changed back to normal, before dropping Pinkamena’s body and walking away. The medic’s came, and grabbed Pinkamena before bringing her to the infirmary. When Pinkamena was brought to the infirmary, her friends cheered her up, and Pinkamena became Pinkie again, and a scene later, was fully healed.


‘Now this is a fight that I’ve been waiting for.’ I walk out to the arena, and wait for the announcer to call my opponent out. ‘I can fight get revenge on the pony that has constantly treated me bad.’

“And Connor’s opponent is Princess Celestia’s prize pupil, Twilight Sparkle! Can the courageous hero defeat the pony trained by the Princess herself?”

Author's Note:

Another chapter done. The next chapter should be the last chapter in the 'Fighting is Magic' story arc. I know I said I would have Connor fight the rest of the mane six in this chapter, but I need some time to think up ideas on the fight between Connor and Twilight. I've seen comments where people have wanted Twilight to get punished for what she's done to Connor so far. So, I'm going to try and punish her as much as I can.

PreviousChapters Next