• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,006 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,006

PreviousChapters Next
Side Chapter - Nightmare Night, time to fight, give us something alive to bite

"Are you sure about this?" Luna asked, as I was sitting down in a chair. I looked down at the sharp knife in my hand, and quickly looked away.

"It's a cool costume. Besides, it seems a bit appropriate with your Nightmare Moon illusion." I took a deep breath, and brought up the knife to my face. I took another breath, and brought the knife straight into the face, but stopped at the last second. "I can't do it." I dropped the knife to the floor.

"I don't understand how you fight all kinds of monsters and gods, yet are afraid of knifes." Luna sighed, as she picked the knife up in her magic, and held it near my face. "Are you absolutely sure about this? And you can easily fix this as well?"

I put my right hand on her shoulder. "Hey, it'll be okay. Regenerative immortality. I'll live for as long as I can think about regenerating. I'm more worried about you. Are you sure you want to disguise yourself as Nightmare Moon?" Especially since she was supposed to do it at the suggestion of Twilight.

Luna sighed. "I'll be okay, I'm trying to put it behind me, and making fun of it is one of the best ways to do it. Unlike you, we can't all store our alternate personalities away for later."

I chuckled. "Well, you receive a shot to your brain, and things will be very different. Besides, it's not good to hold back your emotions like I do." I took a deep breath. "Can we start now?"

Luna grimly nodded, and shoved the knife in the sides of my right eye. She scooped out my eyeball, which I caught with my hands, and quickly altered my regeneration factor, stopping the blood flow, and also making sure my eye won't regrow. Also, while I was doing this, I was screaming in pain. Luckily my room in the castle is soundproof, just like all the other princesses. Luna got started on my other eye, and decided to speak up as well. "Why didn't you deactivate your nerves for this? You wouldn't feel any pain from me doing this."

'Crap. She remembered I could do that! Darn it, I was enjoying myself. But I can't let others know.' I acted like I was shocked at this idea. "Why didn't I think of that?" My body glowed slightly purple, and I felt all sensations from the world cut off from my body. Except for the vital ones, like me taking in Cosmic Energy. If I stopped that, I'd slowly dissipate. I grabbed my other eyeball as it fell, and then Luna jabbed the knife in between my eyes. While she was peeling off the skin and muscles and veins off my skull, I went back to thinking. 'Luna cares a lot about me if she's willing to do this for me. Wait... does that even make sense? She's technically maiming me right now. My life is very weird.'

It didn't take long for Luna to make enough cuts on my face so I could peel off everything else. I looked at myself in a nearby mirror, and noticed how my entire head is now a shiny metal skull. "I forgot you replaced your skull. Are you going to keep it like that?"

I shook my head. "It feels off-putting. Let me replace it." I lifted my hands up, and held onto my skull, before twisting, and pulling it off and setting it down on the table nearby. Luna took a step back in surprise, as I stood up before walking over to one of the walls in my room, and touching my fingers against it. "Beep-boop-bop-beep." I said as I pressed on the wall in certain areas.

The room was silent for a few seconds. "What did you just do?" Luna asked.

"I pressed my fingers against random parts of this wall, and mimicked pressing buttons." I didn't even turn to face her, as I spoke. "It's something I always loved doing growing up." As I said that, a tear fell from where my head should be, and the second it hit the ground, the floor lit up like Tron, and a small cylindrical container rose out of the floor at my feet, stopping once it reached my stomach height.

"What is that?!" Luna asked, amazed by the technology she didn't know I installed in the castle.

"It's a storage system I designed in each of our rooms. Mine activates by tears caused by childhood memories, Celestia's activates when singing a certain song, and yours..." Luna cut me off before I could finish.

"What activates mine?" She asked, taking note of the saddened position of my body.

"Yours activates when you feel regret about past actions." I said, feeling sorrow for bringing that up.

Luna was surprised by this. She looked to the floor, before speaking up. "Why would you set it to that?"

"Because each one of them is set to something only the owner of the room should be able to perfectly replicate. No one has experienced my childhood memories except for me and one other, no one except for Celestia can sing that song, and no one knows what you went through a thousand years ago." Deciding to change the conversation, I opened a small cover on the cylinder, and revealed a bone white skull with a small hole in the forehead area of it. "It's still here. Exactly the way I left it."

"Is that hole from the...?" I nodded, answering Luna's question.

I gently picked up the skull, and attached it to my spine, before cracking it into place. "Gotta love being an energy being. Though having no physical body except for the one I use my energy to create is sad." I muttered, as I took off my clothes, preparing for the next part of the costume. I heard a 'thwip' sound, and looked over to see Luna blushing, with two wing boners, as she looked at what was recently uncovered. I sighed, before taking the knife, and quickly slicing up the rest of my body, and pulling off my skin, and everything off of my body, except for my bones, and I put them in the fridge in my room.

"Kill me." A familiar voice speaks up.

"Later." I respond, as I close the door.

"What was that?" Luna asked.

"Some assassin's head. He tried to back stab me. I ripped off his head." I turned around, to see Luna's wings still fully extended, and her horn faintly glowing. I turn my head to see a critical piece of body parts missing from the fridge. "Luna, give it back."

"No! It's mine!" She yelled back, trying to keep me away from a part of my own body.

"It's useless to you Luna! There's no blood in it! There's nothing you can do with it! Now hand it back!" I take a step forward, and hold out my right arm, which I just remembered, and quickly morphed it to look like bones.

"No!" Luna teleported away, and I sighed, before grabbing the closest clothes near me, and quickly put them on, and ran out to the balcony. I jumped onto the railing, and used it as a platform to jump backwards onto the walls above the door to the balcony. The second I hit the wall, I bounced off, and found myself falling rapidly towards the rest of Canterlot castle.

I surveyed the entire area of the castle, noticing the blue magic Luna uses pop up in one of the hallways. I would have smiled if I had lips, but I had to settle with me slamming against the ground, surprising the nearby guards. They recovered quickly and pointed their spears at me, not recognizing who they're pointing their spears at.

"Halt creature! You're trespassing in Canterlot Castle! You're under arrest!" They said as they surrounded me.

"I don't have time for this. I'm going to be late." I muttered, as I quickly jumped over them and quickly started running through the halls, closing in on Luna's location. As I was running, the guards managed to flank me, and get ahead of me, as well as behind me. 'Why did I have to train them this good?'

"You are under arrest. Give up, and your sentence won't be as bad." One of the guards said, and they started to advance. I quickly looked around the area, noticing the guards were all wearing golden armor, meaning they were day guards, so of course they wouldn't recognize me.

'Let's see, majority of them are unicorns, but there are a few pegasi. I can't jump over them, as the pegasi would catch me, and I'm in a closed hallway, so rooms to both of my sides.' I briefly glanced to my right noticing the kitchen through the wall, and I did the same to the left, noticing a storeroom for the kitchen. I looked back at the guards, noticing them getting closer. 'I can't get out of this.'

But right before I was about to give up, I noticed that the room was lit up, without windows or torches. I looked up at the ceiling to see a chandelier hanging from the ceiling by a metal chain. 'I remember putting that up! I completely forgot about replacing it with the modern ones. Unless I didn't forget... And that room should still be directly below us.' I (would've) smirked, as the guards came closer, and I pointed my right arm at the chandelier, and fired a precise beam at it, causing it to fall down, and I took a step backwards avoiding the chandelier, as it crashed into the floor, and made a hole through the weak part of the floor I remember leaving back when I helped build the castle.

I was about to say something funny or cool, or maybe both, but something I didn't prepare for happened. Some of the unicorn guards reacted to my actions, and fired beams of magic at me, which hit parts of the chandelier as it was falling, causing some of the candles and fire to fly up to my face, splatting against my skull, burning my head. I would have felt it, but my immunity to feeling pain was activated, and the fire quickly engulfed my skull, trying to burn all the wax and oil on my head.

The guards looked at me, fear in their eyes, as it looked like my head erupted in fire. I used this to my advantage, and gave all of them a dark stare, causing them to back off, and buy me time to fall through the hole in the floor, where I landed in a public bathroom in the castle. I quickly sealed up the hole, and started to run out, when I noticed my reflection in my mirror. I didn't really notice the clothes I put on, but I just now realized I look very familiar, especially with the black leather jacket and clothes, and the flaming skull.

I look to my side, and notice the chain from the chandelier laying on the ground. I picked it up, and wrapped it around my body, and watched as my powers over references caused spikes to grow out of my clothes. "Perfect." I ran out of the bathroom, and jumped out of another window, only this time to throw my new chain at a metal pole sticking out of one of the walls, and swung like Spider-man, before recalling my chain, and doing the same again, as I crossed the castle through the air.

When I was over the location Luna was at, I recalled my chain, and landed on the top of the castle with a small thud. I ran to the edge, and threw my chain at the floor of the ceiling, before jumping off, allowing me to easily jump through the window to the room that Luna was hiding in, the secret cake storeroom that me and Luna use to hide cake from Celestia. It was a clever place to hide, as I couldn't get Celestia to help me, or else she'd find out.

I crashed through the window, surprising Luna, as a bony humanoid with a chain and a burning head wasn't something she was used to seeing crashing through windows. She yelped in fear, and backed away, holding the piece of my body in her magic behind her. "Stay back monster!"

She fired a beam at me, which fizzled out before it could even hit me. I lifted my hand, and pointed it at her. "You... guilty." I spoke in a scratchy voice that sounded nothing like my usual one. I started walking over to her, as she fired more beams, that each fizzled out. I eventually got to her, and grabbed her neck, holding her up in the air. "Look into my eyes. Your soul is stained with the blood of the innocence. Feel their pain." Luna struggled, trying to break free of my grip, before eventually succumbing, and looked into my eyes, before squinting, as she noticed a lightning bolt.

"Connor? Is that you?" She asked.

"Give me my body part back Luna." I spoke in the same scratchy voice.

"No!" She said, looking away.

I reached my hand up, and grabbed her horn, before disabling her magic. I quickly caught the body part, and teleported it into my fridge, before locking it. I let go of Luna, who fell to the ground. "Don't do that again." I coughed a few times into my hand. "Ugh, scratchy voice is always hard to do." My voice was back to normal. "Welcome to the pit of despair." I spoke in my scratchy voice again.

"Why do you look like this? Where did the fire come from? And the chain?" Luna asked, sad that I caught her.

"Well, you teleported away, so I grabbed some nearby clothes, and chased after you, and was chased by some guards, before getting a chandelier splat on my head, covering my skull in fire, and I used the chain to make myself look like a character from my world. I was going to use the skeleton body to be death, but Ghost Rider is much cooler." I snapped my fingers, making my skull have an enchanted effect that allows it to be on fire. "Now come on, the Nightmare Night festival is starting soon, and we have to be there."


Luna, disguised as Nightmare Moon laughed, as a group of fillies and colts screamed underneath her, each thinking of the different ways the evil alicorn might eat them. 'Nightmare Moon' noticed this, and stopped laughing, but still had an evil smirk on her face. "Seems like you don't want me to eat you. Would you instead enjoy my minion gobbling you up?"

Right as she said that, the sound of a revving engine filled the area, scaring all the foals, as they have never heard the sound before. They all looked to where the sound was coming from to see a fiery blur quickly approaching, before stopping in front of them, trapping the kids between Nightmare Moon and the newcomer, a bipedal skeleton with a fiery skull. The new creature got off of the strange vehicle, and walked up to the children.

"Did someone mention food?" The creature asked in a scratchy voice. "Because I'm so starving, I could eat a horse." All the children screamed, cowering together, thinking the new monster was going to eat them, but before it could, a huge explosion of Cosmic Energy came from outside of Ponyville. Both the Ghost Rider and Nightmare Moon looked over at the town, before looking at each other, and nodding.

Ghost Rider, who was the Cosmic King in disguise, quickly got on the bike, before driving over to the town. Nightmare Moon removed her disguise, and dropped down with the children, trying to comfort them. Connor quickly arrived at the town, seeing buildings blow up for random reasons as moaning creatures chased down the ponies, who screamed and tried to run away.

"Are those... ReDeads?" Connor asked, and he was indeed correct. The zombies of Hyrule were attacking ponies. But they weren't alone. Gibdos, Dry Bones, and many different types of zombies were there as well. Zombies from about every franchise Connor remembers from back home filled the town. The Infected from Left 4 Dead, those zombies from World War Z, zombies from Plants vs Zombies, and... umm... wow, Connor hasn't really dealt with that much zombie media before getting his powers. And there were also regular zombies that aren't really from any series.

(For the sake of the story, ReDeads and Gibdos will be referred to by name, the Left 4 Dead ones will be called Infected (and their names will be used for each individual one), World War Z ones will be called WWZombies (with a capital 'Z'), and Plants vs Zombies zombies will be referred to as PvZombies. Regular zombies will just be called zombies).

Connor got off his bike, and snapped his fingers, activating the barrier devices he set up around the town which created a barrier around the town, preventing any zombies from escaping Ponyville. It wasn't long before a WWZombie quickly noticed him, and ran over hoping for a quick snack. Connor grabbed it's neck, and spun around at faster than light speeds, causing the WWZombie to be destroyed from the forces applied.

He let go of the remains of the WWZombie, and quickly ran over to help a family who were trapped under a destroyed building. He lifted up the metal with ease, and they quickly got out, only for the mother to be attacked by a Hunter. Connor punched the Hunter off, and the Infected landed on the ground, and growled, before being burned by Connor's flame breath. He quickly turned around, and noticing the dying mare, next to her crying children, and husband.

"Please move out of the way." Connor pushed the husband away, and put his hand against her neck, cauterizing the wound, and was about to fully heal her, when a Smoker's tongue wrapped around his neck, and pulled him away. Connor was pulled away, but he quickly grabbed the tongue with his hands, and burnt it, causing it to retract. Before it could, Connor grabbed it, and pulled the Smoker to him, and slammed his foot into it's skull, and burned away the smoke.

He quickly ran back to the mare, only to see a group of WWZombies tearing into the rest of the family. Gritting his teeth, Connor ran over, and jumped up, slamming his foot into the neck of one of the attackers, and spun around, pulling out his chain, and threw it into one of the other WWZombies, and spun around some more, throwing the WWZombie at the others at high speeds, turning all of them into mush.

He landed on the ground, and set his chain on fire to clean off the blood, before bending down, and burning each of the dead ponies' bodies, to make sure that they don't come back to life. He stood back up, and turned around, only to be tackled by a Charger, who slammed him into a building, before pounding him into the ground.

Connor luckily had no lungs in his current form, so he was able to quickly grab the Charger's head, and force it to look at him, and activated his penance stare, quickly killing the Infected. He pushed the dead body off of him, and saw Applejack trying to kick off a Jockey, while a group of WWZombies chased after her.

Connor threw his chain at the Jockey, spearing it's chest, and pulled it off, before nodding to Applejack, who nodded back, and pulled out her own lasso, and threw it around the Jockey, who was yelling in pain. The two of them quickly ran towards the group of WWZombies, knocking them down by having them collide with the chain/rope they were both pulling.

They both pulled back their respective items, and Connor wrapped his chain around his chest, while Applejack wrapped it up and held it in her mouth. "What are these things Connor?"

"Zombies. Several different kinds from various franchises back home. I sealed off the town, so we need to kill all of them, and I'll deliver a cure to everyone. You should also be careful. Don't kill any that look like ponies, and if you're feeling sick, tie yourself down. You're already infected, so soon the World War Z zombies will ignore you. I'm going to look for Pinkie, as we don't want her to be a zombie. You go and protect others." Applejack nodded, and they both ran off.

Connor was running towards Sugarcube Corner, when a ReDead screamed, causing him to be paralyzed, as it shambled over to him. Fortunately, a rainbow streak quickly knocked it into a building, where the ReDead was replaced with a small heart that gently floated down.

"You okay Connor?" Rainbow Dash asked, kicking a jumping Hunter away.

"Yeah. Be careful of ReDeads. Their scream paralyzes you. And the Gibdos can paralyze you as well." Connor kicked a regular zombie away.

"Really? That's weird." Rainbow Dash moved out of the way as Connor fired a heat beam at a Smoker on a building behind her. "Nice costume too, who are you supposed to be? A demon?"

"Close." Connor grabbed a charging WWZombie, before burning it's soul away. "I'm the Ghost Rider. Now, go and help some others. I gotta go and check on Pinkie." She nodded, and flew away, and Connor continued running.

It didn't take long for Connor to cut a path through the zombies to reach Sugarcube Corner. There, he noticed Pinkie singing a familiar song, as all the PvZombies were dancing around Pinkie, protecting her from the various other zombies. Connor stopped, and just stared at this.

"I guess Pinkie's okay." A familiar scream filled the air, and Connor quickly ran over to where it originated from, to see Rarity being chased by a Witch. Connor sighed and burned the Witch to dust, before comforting Rarity with a hug. "You okay Rarity?"

Rarity's make-up was smearing from her tears, as she buried her head into Connor's jacket. "I fought off a few of those dastardly creatures, and I heard a young girl crying, so I tried to help her, only for her to start chasing after me! I thought she was alone, and terrified, but she was just tricking me." Rarity burst into tears again, soaking Connor's jacket, as he petted her already ruined mane, trying to calm her down.

"It's okay. The Witch is gone. I'll take you to AJ and Rainbow. They'll make sure you're okay." Connor got rid of his scratchy voice to speak in a calmer one. "Do you think you can move?" Rarity nodded, and Connor helped her up, only for a Spitter to show up, and spit some acid at them. Connor tried to pulled Rarity out of the way, but Rarity was too busy screaming, and that made it harder, as the acid burned through one of her hind legs.

Connor destroyed the Spitter, and helped Rarity onto his back, before running away, as more Infected showed up lured by Rarity's screams. Connor quickly booked it out of there, and eventually came across Spike and Fluttershy running away from a horde of both Infected and WWZombies. Connor grabbed his chain with his open hand, and threw it into a wall across the part of town, before jumping up, and being pulled forward, and grabbing Spike and Fluttershy, before stopping where the chain stopped.

Connor retracted the chain back into his hand, and lit it on fire, before spinning it in a huge circle in front of him, creating a fiery vortex that quickly turned into a fiery tornado that turned all the attacking zombies into dust. He gently put down all three of his friends, before putting his hands on his knees and breathing heavily.

"Wow! Connor! You're the Pony Rider!" Spike said, which Connor responded with a glare worse than the Penance stare. "You even have the Friendship Glare!"

"Call me that again, and I will burn your soul. I'm the Ghost Rider, and I use the Penance Stare, not your crappy Marevel comics ripoff. Ask me later, and I'll show you some real comics." Spike gulped, as Connor stood back to full height, and looked around. "Anyone know where Twilight is?"

Spike was about to respond, when huge purple beams were seen coming from the center of town. Connor sighed, and grabbed all three of his friends, before using his right hand to throw his chain at the clock tower nearby, and started crossing the town like Spider-Man. Which shouldn't be possible in a town like Ponyville, with short buildings, but what the heck, he's Ghost Rider.

It didn't take long to reach the center of the town, and saw Twilight lying on ground, several different kinds of zombies standing over her, chewing her. Connor had a long internal discussion with himself (which only lasted less than a second due to his brain's...superior-ness), before finally deciding that he had to save Twilight from the zombies. He quickly put down the three Equestrians on his back, before running over, and grabbing two surprised zombies by their necks, and slammed their heads together. Before they fell to the ground, he grabbed one of their legs, and quickly beat up the others with it.

Seeing the other zombies defeated, he threw the leg away, and crouched down to Twilight, putting his hand on her chest, before cringing. "Darn it, still alive. Well, I decided to save her, doesn't mean I have to cure her." Connor sighed. "Why do I have to be such a good guy?" He pushed some purple energy into her, healing her from her wounds and removing the various zombie diseases starting to infect her. Twilight fell asleep, and Spike, Fluttershy, and Rarity quickly came over, and tried to help their friend.

Connor looked around, noticing a distinct lack of zombies nearby. Before he could even question why this was, the ground shook, and Connor would have gulped if he had the necessary organs to do so, but he settled with turning around to see a Tank quickly charging at the ponies.

Connor ran forward, pushing the ponies out of the way and was slammed away by the Tank, who tried to go after the ponies again, only to be stopped by a flaming chain lodging itself in it's back. It looked over to see a Connor start walking forward, the fire surrounding his body burning even hotter. "Stay away from my friends. And Twilight."

The Tank roared, and charged at the Cosmic King, only for Connor to do the same, and slid under the Tank at the last second, pulling on the chain that was still lodged in it's back, causing it to lose it's balance and fall backwards. Connor retracted the chain, and walked over to the Tank, stepping on it's neck, before staring into the Tank's eyes. "Your soul is stained with the blood of the innocence." His eyes burned with a hellfire, and the Tank screamed, as it's soul was burned, causing unimaginable pain to the mindless zombie.

It didn't take long for the Tank to die, and Connor walked away from the corpse, only to come face to face with a giant robotic leg, and a maniacal laughter. He looked up to see a giant robot zombie powered by a zombie with a throbbing head, clearly filled with a big brain. Before Connor could even process the object in front of him, he was doused with water, and his Ghost Rider powers faded, and his jacket and chain melted away, leaving him just a living skeleton.

Connor gulped, before being kicked across the town, where he crashed into the ground, and slowly got to his feet. "Darn it, he got rid of the Ghost Rider powers. Now how am I supposed to fight a giant robot?" I felt a tingling in my skull, and I looked at my right arm, as it morphed back into it's robotic shape. "What the?" My arm started glowing, and suddenly, it multiplied in size. It fell to the ground, my body unable to hold it up, until my chest increases the same amount, followed by the rest of my body, as everything started being covered in metal and technology.

It wasn't long before Connor became a giant robot him, the same size at Dr. Zomboss. Connor quickly punched the giant zombie robot away from the center of town, and quickly threw seismic punches at the exposed head area, which allowed Connor to quickly turn Dr. Zomboss into a bunch of goo, and the robot to blow up. Connor quickly shrunk back down, and turned back to his normal appearance (human appearance). "Huh, that was easier than expected." He heard some of the remaining moans of zombies, and snapping his fingers, causing all the zombies in the bubble around Ponyville to be destroyed, and also destroyed any traces of any zombie viruses in the ponies, while restoring the life and health of those attacked. "Gotta love having this power. Sucks though being close to a Gary Stu."

Connor was quickly tackled by a group of ponies, worried that he was killed when Zomboss kicked him away. "Hey, calm down, I'm okay, the zombies are gone, and everyone's back to life." He pulled them all off of himself, and did a quick scan, making sure no zombies escaped or were left on the planet.

After he finished his scan, he was tackled to the floor by Luna, who nuzzled his neck. "I'm so glad you're okay.

"Luna, get off of me." Connor said, in a no-nonsense voice.

"No." Luna said in a childish voice.

Connor sighed.


During the zombie attack on Ponyville, not all the zombies were inside the town when Connor created a barrier. A small group of each of the different kinds of zombies were left outside, and clawed against the barrier, trying to get in. Before long, a group of small machines flew over, and floated above the zombies, before shining them in a bright light. When the bright light disappeared, the zombies disappeared with it.

Author's Note:

Sorry about not posting many chapters lately, as I had to get surgery to fix my broken nose, and I haven't been in the mood to write lately. This chapter is kinda canon to the story, but I still call it a side chapter as it doesn't take place directly after the previous chapter. I wanted to post a chapter for Halloween, and I wasn't able to finish the next chapter of the story in time to make this chapter take place directly after it.

I had so many ideas of things Connor could go Nightmare Night in. I just picked one. I might regret it later. At some points, I imagined him being Robocop, or Terminator, or Iron Man, or even a robot version of himself. Other times, I imagined him being other characters that inspired him as a child. Like Piccolo, or Batman.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next