• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,020 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,020

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23 - Battling the Rainbow

“Fight!”

Rainbow immediately charged at me, leaving me a good .85 seconds to plan. ‘Why does everyone charge at me? God tried to overpower, Rainbow is reckless, Shining was angry. Although it does give me the chance to do a good first attack.’ I quickly sidestepped Rainbow’s attack, and dodged all of her melee attacks.

After a few seconds of dodging, I slammed the palm of my right hand into her face, sending her flying. She recovers in mid-air, before flying around me, trying to create a tornado. I noticed the air was getting hard to breathe. so I quickly deactivated my need for oxygen. After about two minutes, Rainbow stopped the tornado, and looked at me, expecting me to be knocked out. When I saw her shocked face, I just waved.

“And Connor seems to be unaffected by Rainbow Dash’s tornado! What other secrets does this hero hold?”

I charged up a blast of Cosmic Energy into my right hand, before throwing it at Rainbow, who was unable to dodge it. She got flung back, before recovering, and charging at me again. ‘This again?’ But to my surprise, she stopped a few feet in front of me, and prepared to do… something.

As I watched Rainbow do her thing, I noticed she was building up magical energy. ‘Oh crap!’ As she performed the buccaneer blaze, I was instantly blinded. Unable to see, and the burst of energy disorientated all my senses, I felt myself getting brutally beat up.

By the time I could barely see, I watched Rainbow hold her hooves to my left arm, before ripping it off. I screamed in pain, as I pushed her off of me, and dodged all of her attacks where she used my arm as a weapon.

“Ooh! It looks like Connor’s arm was ripped off! And judging from the amount of blood dripping out of the wound, he won’t survive much longer. Is this it for Equestria’s hero?”

I quickly activated my regenerative factor, growing my left arm back, and I destroyed the torn off limb that Rainbow was holding.

“What’s this! It seems like Connor grew another arm! Does he have some sort of regenerative ability?”

Deciding to end this now, I delivered a quick punch to Rainbow, breaking her nose, before grabbing her hooves and swinging her into the sky. Once Rainbow recovered, she started flying higher and higher, before flying down. ‘So you want to do it that way, huh?’

Once Rainbow performed a Sonic Rainboom, she immediately charged at the ground, before making a clean 90 degree turn, charging at me. I stood my ground, grabbing her hooves, and pushing back.

As we stood there, pushing against each other, Rainbow’s Sonic Rainboom was still activated, but my superior abilities allowed me to start pushing her forward, much to everyone’s surprise.

“Many surprises have been revealed this day! Not only has Rainbow Dash performed the super rare sonic rainboom, but it seems like Connor is pushing her back! Who will win? The match seems pretty tied.


The crowd watched, waiting to see who will come out on top, as Connor slowly but surely pushed Rainbow Dash back, even though Rainbow Dash is using the Sonic Rainboom. Once Connor pushed Rainbow Dash to the middle of the arena, Connor started spinning around, still holding Rainbow Dash.

Connor was spinning fast enough, that pretty soon there was a giant tornado in the middle of the arena. As the fans were on the edge of their seats, they were suddenly thrown back as massive lightning bolts came from the sky, striking inside the tornado, making the tornado become infused with lightning. A few seconds later, everyone watched as Rainbow Dash was thrown up into the air, and was instantly struck with tons of lightning bolts, that came from the ground. As Rainbow Dash fell, and hit the ground with a loud thud, the announcer only had one thing to say.

“Connor has won the match!”

As all the ponies started to cheer for Connor, they never noticed that Connor’s eye were no longer a bright electric yellow. They were a much brighter shade that showed only a love for fighting, and a desire to win.

Author's Note:

The next chapter of the 'Fighting is Magic' story arc. Sorry about how short this is, I felt like it made a good cliffhanger leaving it off here. But I guarantee the next chapter will include the fights with the other elements of harmony, along with the battles against Mr. Fluffles, Jeffrey, and Carl. The chapter after that will probably be Connor vs Luna, and then Celestia, and after battling Celestia, the battle with the battle master

PreviousChapters Next