• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,022 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,022

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 50 - Cosmic Fighting

"DARN IT! DARN IT! DARN IT! I knew I should have built the robot to counter some of Murphy's abilities! Why didn't I think of them teaming up! I have the Cosmic's powers! I should be able to see the future!" Malicious screamed, one hand tugging on what's left of his hair, the other being slammed through a wall in the throne room. Debris flew everywhere at high speeds, which would have killed a normal person, but Malicious is in a giant robotic suit powered by the energy of two Cosmic Kings. Good thing Luna was kept prisoner in one of the random never-used rooms of the castle or she would be too dead to heal from the torture the 'good' doctor has been giving her.

"I guess I need to grab the princess, hostages are always useful." Malicious was about to leave the room, when the already broken door to the room was lifted up, only to be broken again. The diabolical doctor detected the disturbance as the dynamic deity duo of dangerously deadly dudes dropped into the destroyed dwelling. With a low growl, Malicious took a fighting stance, as the dust cleared and both Murphy and Connor stood there, staring defiantly at the Doctor. "Well, I guess it'll take more than chucking you at a mountain to defeat you."

"I've been through worse. You forgot about my metal leg, so it was relatively easy to escape." Connor responded, taking steps forward to confront Malicious.

"A careless mistake." Malicious snarled. "One I will not make twice. I will have my revenge. You took my life away, I'll take away yours." Glowing reticles appeared around Malicious' eyes, targeting both Connor and Murphy, before several parts of his suit opened up and fired purple lightning-fast missiles at the two teenagers. They narrowly escaped the first missiles, and quickly ran around the room, flipping around and dodging the missiles.

As they dodged the missiles, Malicious fired more and more, to the point that the two teens were unable to be seen by anyone who couldn't see faster than light. And if they could see even faster than that, they'd notice Connor slowing down just enough to be hit straight in the chest by one of the missiles, catching him in an explosion that propelled him through a wall and down several hallways. He laid there, smoke surrounding his body, as he slowly moved to get up. The hallway was deathly silent, the sounds of metal and glass and stone falling onto the ground quickly filled that void. Connor's suit was fractured, a huge crack across the torso of his suit, where faint sparks of electricity could be seen arcing. The mask took the most of the damage though, with half of it still covering his face, and the other half broken and burnt off, showing the determined look in Connor's left eye, and the smirk on his lips.

As soon as Connor got to his feet, he looked through the hole that was created from him being flung, and could faintly see the fighting between Murphy and Malicious. Instead of immediately trying to go back to the fight, he took this moment to look around himself at the doors that lead out of the hallway, and chose one that appeared random, but when he ripped it off, his smile got bigger as he ran towards the blue alicorn, holding her in a hug.

"I'm glad to see you're okay Luna." He said, pulling away from the hug to get a good look at her wounds. Luna's face showed surprise, before tears filled her eyes and she let out a small laugh.

"About time you show up. To think I was actually worried that you died." Her tears got bigger, her heart healing from the cuts left by Malicious seemingly killing Connor.

Connor gave a small smile, happy to see Luna again, and happy to see that the wounds are too bad. "You know that I'm already dead, right? The only reason my body isn't decaying is the fact that I'm stabilizing it using Cosmic Energy and technology you wouldn't understand." Connor felt a strange tingling in his head when he looked at Luna's wounds, but he hid it behind a smile.

Luna sniffed, as Connor wiped away the tears. "But now that you're here, you'll defeat Malicious, right?"

"Oh, I'll make him pay. No one harms my girl and gets away with it in one piece." Hearing Connor call Luna 'his girl' caused her to snort and hold back a laugh due to how cheesy it sounded.

The sounds of yelling echoed through the room as a red blur crashed into the mountain Canterlot rests on and fell into the ruins of the city. As the dust started to clear from the city and the red blur wasn't seen, loud stomps could be heard coming closer.

"That's my cue. You need to get out of here while I distract Malicious. Take the sewers. Find Celestia. And please be safe." He hugged her once more, before standing up and walking into the destroyed hallway, staring Malicious dead in the eye, as he knocked down another wall with his massive armor. Luna quickly ran behind Connor, looked at the two enemies, and ran down the hallway, making her escape.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Malicious yelled, appearing in front of Luna's path, arms raised, ready to destroy her. The tingling came even harder in Connor's skull, and he ran in front of Luna in a fraction of a second, using the remaining functional boosters in his suit, and quickly diverted 70% of the suit's power to strength, allowing him to catch Malicious's arms before they hit Luna, and push against them. "You just don't die, do you?" He grunted as he tried to push Connor down.

"What can I say? I'm a resilient person." Warning alarms were blaring in Connor's cranial implants, telling him the suit was rapidly running out of power, as sparks flew everywhere. "Luna... get out of here!" Connor yelled, getting pushed down to one knee as he struggled to push back Malicious. Once the sound of fleeting hooves hitting the floor was no longer heard, Connor began the next part of his plan.

'StatusCheck: CosmicEnergyPowerLevel Initiate'
'StatusReport: CosmicEnergyPowerLevel At 68%'
'I can work with this...'
'BeginOperation: MIRV MISSILES'
'Operation: MIRV MISSILES has failed to launch. Would you like to install Internet Explorer?'
'Crap.'
'Installing Internet Explorer'
'Cancel Installation'
'Installation Cancelled'
'StatusCheck: MIRV MISSILES'
'StatusReport: MIRV MISSILES COUNT: 49.52/50. PROPULSION SYSTEM: JAMMED. TARGETING SYSTEM: CALIBRATION ERROR REPAIR SYSTEMS: MISSING.
'How the crap do I have a fifty-fourth of a missile? Where are my repair systems?'

The ground started to crack beneath Connor as he tried to keep himself from being crushed.

'COSMIC ENERGY AT 70% RECOMMEND USER TO START DRAWING POWER'
'No. I need to save it for the right moment.'

As Connor got rid of the popup, his vision went blurry for a second, and suddenly Malicious' armor was taken apart and analyzed in his mind within a nanosecond.

'Ah. Mechanical Vision. The ability to instantly understand how anything works by looking at it and examining how it was made. About time it shows up. Now I know where to hit. I might be able to salvage this situation after all.'

'BeginOperation: MIRV MISSILES.'
'ERROR IN OPERATION. USER IS ALREADY AWARE OF OPERATION: MIRV MISSILES' MALFUNCTION. STARTING OPERATION: MIRV MISSILES WITH CURRENT MALFUNCTIONS WILL CAUSE LARGE EXPLOSION AND WILL DAMAGE USER GREATLY, WITH HIGH POSSIBILITY OF PERMANENT PARALYSIS UP TO POSSIBILITY OF DEATH. ADMIN CODES REQUIRED FOR SAFETY OVERRIDE.'
'Insert Admin Override Code.... Distan'
'...ADMIN OVERRIDE CODE ACCEPTED. LAUNCHING OPERATION MIRV MISSILES.'

Malicious' laugh echoed through the ruined hall. "You're close to breaking! Soon you'll be nothing but a smear beneath my boot!"

"I wouldn't laugh just yet." Connor said with a grunt, as the back of his suit was making strange clunking sounds. Malicious quickly realized what Connor was doing, but before he could react, several loud and large explosions came from Connor's back, propelling him forward through Malicious' defenses, as the scientists arms crashed into the ground due to nothing being under the arms anymore. The result of the fists colliding with the ground caused the floor to start rupturing, as Connor was propelled straight into Malicious' body where the rest of the explosions racked the teen's bodysuit giving him a lightning fast shoulder ram into Malicious' biggest weak point. The two Cosmic Energy cores in his chest.

As all the explosions went off at once, the bright lights enveloped both fighters, as their yells could be heard throughout the castle, which itself was starting to collapse from the explosions inside of it. Eventually the explosions stopped, leaving the two of them collapsed on the ground.


Murphy looked up at the castle as the explosions went off. "Darn it! I want to be there to stop Malicious!" He yelled.

"Calm down Murphy." Celestia said, helping get rid of the debris on top of the teenager. "You being angry won't help anyone." An armor clad arm shot through the debris, startling Celestia for a bit before realizing it's Murphy's arm. "That's just your head and your arm. You're gonna have to be patient till you can be free."

"Why can't you move faster?" Murphy asked, his exposed angry fire-red eyes staring into Celestia's calm and collected but still worrying magenta eyes.

"Because the faster I remove this debris, the more likely we'll be spotted by Malicious' robots. And keep your voice down too." She whispered, as she stayed dead still when the sound of some robots running to the castle was nearby. When they were farther away, she sighed and continued trying to free Murphy.


'Ugh... my head...' I return to consciousness with the cliche high pitched sound everyone gets in movies when near an explosion. It didn't take long for it to start to go away and my memories returning. Instead of instantly looking at Malicious, I looked at my body, noticing my suit was basically crumbles on the ground, and I was down to wearing tattered/blood-stained/burnt clothes. Oh and my left leg was bent in the wrong direction along with my metal foot crumpled to pieces. Honestly, I look better than I thought I would. I was expected to be impaled or something. That would have sucked.

Having checked myself over, I look over at Malicious, who just now was starting to get up and shake off some of the shattered armor pieces but still had lots of armor in his giant suit. 'Crap, his armor is still whole? But he must have lost a lot of his stolen Cosmic Energy to protect that much.'

'COSMIC ENERGY AT 74% RECOMMEND USE-'

I cut off the message, not even considering to draw the energy till it gets to 100%. Speaking of which... I look and see that in the space exactly and evenly between us was two glowing orbs, one filled with purple Cosmic Energy, and the other with red Cosmic Energy. 'I got the orbs to fall out! Now's the time!'

I quickly lunge for them, but the second before I could touch either one, Malicious fired a missile and blew them both up, blasting me back into the throne room's walls as the Cosmic Energy radiated on my skin.

'COSMIC ENERGY AT 90% REC-'

'Crap. But at least because they shattered I got a good portion of power back. And he lost his primary power sources!' I fell to the ground of the throne room, my body bleeding and sore, and burnt. My right arm was even giving off sparks and had some of the inner workings exposed. At this point, I think my arm began to play some music that I don't recognize but I feel like I heard when spying on one of my alternate's lives.

I watched as Malicious walked through the smoke back into the throne room, and his chuckles echoed throughout the room. "I don't need those puny orbs anymore. My suit absorbed much of their energy. Enough that I can defeat you with ease even with your powers. But why would I wait for you to even have a chance to survive when I can kill you now?!" Malicious blasted me with a large Cosmic Beam, filled with both purple and red energies. I was flung through the castle, the training I did to make me stronger the only reason why I wasn't ripped to shreds or disintegrated.

'COSMIC ENERGY AT 93%'

I eventually ran out of castle walls to be flung through and was imbedded in the mountain. Malicious appeared in front of me and with one purple and red-colored kick sent me flying through the sky and almost out of the planet's gravity.

'COSMIC ENERGY AT 95%'

I floated there, hearing nothing and feeling an almost bliss feeling for a few moments. 'Almost there. Just a few more moments.' As expected, Malicious appeared above me, both hands clasped together above his head one colored purple, the other red, and he swung his hands down, striking me in the gut and causing me to fall through the atmosphere at a incredible pace, combining both Malicious's Dual-Cosmic slam's power and my weird ability to fall insanely fast. I felt my entire body on fire as I rapidly approached the planet's surface.

'COSMIC ENERGY AT 97%'

I slammed into the tallest tower of the Canterlot Castle, straight on, crashing through it all the way to the ball room, where Malicious was waiting for me and slammed his purple and red knee into the back of my neck, using both his incredible power and my (already several times the speed of sound) speed to deal massive damage. I coughed up blood as I felt my spine crack loudly and come close to snapping, the connections to my metal arm and other metal parts in my spine probably saving me from paralysis.

'COSMIC ENERGY AT 99%'

Malicious slammed me against the ground, and stood above my broken and defeated body. "This is the all-powerful Cosmic King? Laying before me in a pile of his own blood? You look more like a pathetic broken teenager who is way over their head, than a cold, emotionless god who is simply using all these ponies to further their own goals." My eyes widened. "That's right. I know your ultimate plan. I found your lab, I know that you are the biggest bad guy on the planet. I could destroy you using that information, leaving you to your fate as everyone you loved hunted you down, and the country you risked your life for looking down at you like the scum of the Earth. But I'd rather just kill you now. I don't care about your power any more. I just want to kill you so no one will stop me from finding my own way back to my family." He raised his foot, glowing purple and red, and was about to bring it down when a very important message played across my eyes.

'COSMIC ENERGY AT 100%. ACTIVATE POWER DRAWING?'
'YES!'
'BEGINNING POWER DRAWING'

My body burst with purple light in time to catch his foot and throw him into the large alicorn statue. The statue crumbled against his suit's weight, as I got up to my feet. Malicious looked over, seeing my full Cosmic Form standing up and slowly walking forward. "I'm not going out without a fight."


Celestia finally finished uncovering Murphy, allowing him to stand up, and rip off the remaining pieces of armor that were now useless. He looked at the crumbling castle just in time to see a bright purple and red flash, causing his eyes to widen as a burst of red energy flew into him, causing his eyes to glow as he came closer to 100%.

"Ah yeah. That felt nice." He muttered with a small smile. "But I think we should check on those two and see if we can help."

Celestia nodded and they quickly started running through the town, destroying robots in their way, and keeping an eye on the castle as it was getting more and more destroyed. While they were running, Celestia was tackled by a blue blur, who was crying into the white mare. When she stopped, it was revealed that Luna was crying into Celestia's 'shoulder.'

"I found you Tia. I'm so glad you're alright." She said while sobbing. Celestia comforted her sister for a little bit, holding back her own tears.

"I'm glad your okay too Luna. What happened to you in there?" Celestia asked and listened while Luna filled the two in.

"Speaking of which, I was told you were evacuating everypony. Where are they?" Luna asked, looking around.

"We got them to safety. I came back to get Murphy and maybe help Connor. And look for you of course." They hugged each other tighter.

When everything was done, Luna let go of her sister and looked at Murphy, and nodded to him. "I'm glad to see you're alright too Murphy."

Murphy blinked. "You know that I'm helping you guys?"

Luna nodded. "I was able to figure out you were being controlled by Malicious rather easily. I haven't spent years with Connor to not recognize technology like that. And I don't care. I just want Connor to be alright."

"i'm sure he'll be fi-" Murphy was cut off as a faint purple aura was sent into the mountain, got kicked into space, and was then slammed back down into the largest tower in the castle. Shortly after, a large purple burst came from the castle.

"CONNOR!" Luna yelled, quickly running back to the castle. The other two quickly followed her to the gates of the castle, which was swarmed with all the robots left in the city, defending the castle from anyone entering. Luna charged what remaining magic she had in her horn, about to unleash it on the army of robots, before Murphy grabbed her horn, and threw her back in time to block the alicorns from a collective energy barrage from the robots.

Celestia and Luna huddled behind Murphy as he protected them from the barrage of blasts. When it was over, Murphy's body looked badly burnt, his red hair was singed, his shirt and pants were on fire, but his black jacket looked untouched, and he fell to one knee, breathing heavily. "Murphy... you saved us..." Celestia said stunned. The Cosmic King of Destruction, someone who wouldn't care if he killed someone just risked death to save the two alicorns.

"N-no I didn't." Murphy gasped out, getting back onto his feet as he kept a close eye on the robots who were doing something to each other. The robots were ripping each other apart, creating a large pile of broken off parts. "You just happened to be right behind me as I defended myself."

"But you threw me behind you before I could get hurt." Luna pointed out, causing Murphy to grunt again.

"You would have ruined the shape of the large group they were in, making it harder to wipe them out in one attack. You do not have enough magic for this." Murphy responded. At this point, one robot was left standing on all the broken parts. The robot slowly walked closer to the group so all the parts where behind it. It pointed it's hand forward, and motioned for the three of them to attack, a smug smile on it's face. "Oh it's on. This should be a snap. One robot? Puh-lease." Murphy charged forward, quickly closing in on the robot, and his left fist was pulled back, ready to deck the robot in the schnoz. Right as he was about to destroy the robot, all the broken robot parts behind it quickly turned into a liquidy metal substance, and covered the robot faster than Murphy could even process. Murphy kept on charging, and the nanosecond before he was above to punch the robot, the metal substance fused with the robot, making it look shockingly similar to Murphy, but still look exactly like a robot. When Murphy's fist collided with the robot's face, a loud crack was heard as the teen's fist instantly broke against the robot's unmoving cocky face.

As Murphy was just registering the pain, the robot grabbed Murphy's face in it's hand, and held him up, beginning to crush his skull. The two alicorns gasped as blood began to spill to the ground and run down the robot's arm. Murphy futilely struggled for a few moments, before a loud crack was heard, and his body went still. "No!" Celestia yelled, and the robot looked over, it's smirk even wider, as it began to walk over to the princesses and was about to drop Murphy's body, before suddenly a pistol was shoved into it's face, and the robot was only able to see Murphy's bloody teeth cocky smile for less than a nanosecond before the robot was blasted back with a bang, Murphy landing on the ground due to the robot already starting to let him go.

"You two, I suggest you get to cover. Neither of you have bullet resistance." Murphy continued blasting the robot with his trusty pistol.

As the two of them did so, Celestia called out. "Wait, you don't have your powers! You aren't either!" At this, Murphy's eyes widened and he zipped up his jacket just in time for a bullet to be fired from the robot to hit him in the chest. The bullet fell to the ground, not damaging his jacket.

Instead of answering, Murphy pulled out a shotgun from his jacket and blasted the charging robot back, while taking steps forward.

BOOM! Cha-Chunk! Clink!
BOOM! Cha-Chunk! Clink!
BOOM! Cha-Chunk! Clink!

As Murphy finally got to be right in front of the dazed robot, he put the shotgun against it's chest, and pulled the trigger.

Click.

The sound echoed through the ruins, as the robot quickly realized the shotgun was out of ammo, and knocked Murphy to the ground, putting it's foot on top of his chest, putting pressure on his rib cage. It went to look at Murphy's face to see his reaction, only to find Murphy smirking as a rocket launcher was aimed directly at it's chest.

BOOOM!

The robot was merely staggered by the explosion, but it served to quickly propel Murphy back, and he used the momentum to flip himself back on his feet in time to see the robot look at him angrily, before it's sensor's noticed the energy grenade as it blew up, sending a massive energy burst all across the robot.

Murphy quickly walked up to the spasming machine, and kicked it down to the ground. Pulling out an assault rifle, Murphy began unloading it into it's center chest cavity, using the previous damages to get even closer to it's power core. Murphy didn't have that long of a chance as the robot fired a massive chest beam, striking Murphy straight in the chin as he was flung up. The robot capitalized on his moment of weakness and managed to quickly remove the teenager's jacket, and held it in one hand before it blasted Murphy with a it's own version of Murphy's pistol. Murphy fell to the ground, creating a quickly growing pile of blood from his gaping chest wound.

"Murphy!" The two princesses quickly ran over, and tried to get their only chance at survival up. "Can you still fight?" Celestia asked.

Murphy quickly got his senses back, and looked at the robot as it began to rip Murphy's jacket, creating a sizable tear on the right side of the jacket. The sight of his jacket being torn snapped something inside of Murphy, who pushed himself back to his feet with a roar, ignoring his chest wound, as he snapped his left hand, setting it on fire, before searing his wound to stop the bleeding.

When he was done, he grabbed his pistol out of it's holster and flashed forward in a flurry of fire, reaching the robot before it could even process this fact and used his momentum to slam the butt of his gun into the robot's face, cracking it's right eye and before the robot could recoil, Murphy spun his gun in his hand, and unloaded his entire clip into the robot's face. When he was done, the robot's face looked less like Murphy's and more like some kind of foreign cheese.

Murphy stopped and grabbed his jacket, feeling his anger subside and sorrow fill him as he saw the large tear in it. But before he could put it on, it was blasted with a red and purple Cosmic Energy beam and landed somewhere in the ruins of the city. Murphy turned his flaming red glare to the robot which was getting up, and pulling out it's pistol again, beginning to shoot at Murphy. "NO ONE HARMS MY JACKET!" Murphy burst into flames, tapping into his raw godly destructive power, despite not being at 100%, so he wasn't totally immune to his flames yet. His body was slowly being burnt from his fire, as his body itself reached temperatures higher than the sun.

With his unbearable heat, Murphy charged at the robot, the bullets melting before they could even touch him. The once pristine but now shattered and broken stone walkways he ran across turned into lava. The robot futilely kept shooting Murphy, despite it no longer having any effectiveness. It didn't take the teenager to reach the robot and slam his superheated knee into the robot's chest, before send both of his hands into it's back, smashing it into the ground.

Murphy kicked the robot back up, and started throwing punch after punch into it, slowly turning the grey/silver metal of it's body into cherry red coloring before becoming white hot. The only reason the robot had any structure to it's body at all at this point was due to the Dual Cosmic Energies Malicious gave it. As Murphy kept dealing blow after blow, working his way to the robot's power core, he was screaming loud enough for anyone at the bottom of Canterlot's mountain to hear.

"NO ONE HARMS MY JACKET!!!!"

Murphy reared back his right fist, ready to deliver a finishing blow to the exposed Dual Cosmic Core. With the force one would expect from a teenage (and thus, very hormonal) God of Destruction, his fist collided with the glowing container of unstable energy, cracking it, and launching the robot across Canterlot at speeds faster than sound. At least, the robot would have done that, if Murphy didn't grab it's neck before it could even react to the punch. As a result, the robot experienced the most severe case of whiplash possible. The force the body was reacting to, combined with the neck's inability to be pulled along with it caused the head to be ripped from the body which lost most of it's momentum and collapsed to the ground a few feet away from Murphy.

Murphy stood there, in the ruins of the city, holding the head and neck of the robot that thought it stood a chance against someone who gets stronger through destruction, while in a city destroyed. The flames around Murphy's body died down, revealing that Murphy's clothes were mostly burnt rags, and his skin was black, not from soot, but from the burns he received from his own fire. Despite being in a state that would leave anyone in crippling pain, Murphy just stood there, breathing heavily as he stared at the now deactivated robot body, waiting to see if it would move.

"Murphy!" Celestia yelled as the two sisters ran up to him, Celestia looking at the teenager with wide eyes, worried he was going to die, while the other ran to the robot body and examined the Dual Cosmic Core. "Murphy... you're burnt. You need medical attention..." She said, disbelief at what Murphy did. She spent thousands of years with Connor, learning how he fights, but she barely knew the other teenager, who's power was astronomical even with it reduced.

Luna continued to look at the Dual Cosmic Core, examining it's cracks, surprised that it didn't shatter. But then one of the cracks expanded, and the energy inside of it started moving even more sporadically than it usually does. The containment of it started to glow and it vibrated slowly, but started to get more violent. Seeing this brought back a memory for her.


(Around 1000 Years Ago)


"Hey Connor?" I asked my coltfriend, who was busy working on some strange contraption in preparation for the attack on the Crystal Empire. It looked like some kind of armor, but was way to mechanical to even understand.

Upon hearing my voice, Connor stopped doing what he was doing and turned around in his chair to look at me with a smile. "Hey Luna. Need something?" With a small movement of his left hand, it glowed purple and a small cube quickly zoomed into it's hand, which he started fidgeting with without taking his eyes off of me.

"Yes and no. I wanted to check on you, to see how you were doing." Deciding that this could take a while, I sat down on the floor, and was shocked to notice a cushion already below me, even though it wasn't there before. 'Right. Can see the future. Probably some strange mechanism to bring one up.' I took another look at the cube he was fiddling with, which was slowly glowing purple with what I can only assume is his Cosmic Energy.

Connor chuckled, the static in his voice making itself even more apparent. "Well, as you can see, I'm doing fine. Nothing to worry about here."

I gave him a stern glance. "You and I both know you're not. When was the last time you slept?"

Connor looked up, mentally counting how long it's been. "Haven't since I first came here. To this universe that is. You know I can't sleep due to night terrors right?" The box in his hands started lightly vibrating.

"Connor." I said, standing up and looking him in the eyes. "You are going to our bedroom, you are going to sleep, and you are going to have a good night sleep, I'll make sure of it." Connor was shying away at my tone, and I was about to say something else, when the cube in his hands started shaking violently, hitting the ground, and started glowing. The energy in it was moving more and more sporadically.

"Oops." Connor said, standing up as he looked at the cube. "See Luna. I filled this cube with some of my Cosmic Energy, and even with my unsurpassed knowledge, it can barely be contained. Remember this important fact. Active Cosmic Energy, that is any energy that is imbued with the power of a Cosmic Being, can NEVER be contained for long. Cosmic Energy is very volatile if tried to kept still for long, and if allowed to continue like this, will eventually blow up a large portion of the universe. All you can do is either absorb it into a host that can withstand the energy, like a Cosmic Being, or use advanced storing methods to try to keep it from blowing up for as long as possible."

"Wait, so you activated a device that will kill us all! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING CONNOR!" I screamed. Connor, seeming indifferent simply looked at his right metal hand and created a sphere of Cosmic Energy above it. Then, he clenched his hand, causing the energy to collapse on itself and create some kind of black energy sphere that was sucking all light nearby into it. Taking this strange object in his right hand, he grabbed the cube in his left, and moved his hands to slam them together. But before they could collide, the box exploded, sending the pieces everywhere in the room, including into Connor, who ignored it and took the rapidly expanding explosion and shoved it into the black energy sphere that seemed to be absorbing everything.

Once the energy explosion was shoved into the strange energy field, Connor pulled out a piece of box shrapnel from his chest, covered in his blood, and showed it to me, where I could see it looked like a heart medallion. He put the black energy sphere inside of it, and grabbed a small ball chain, wrapped it through a hole in the top of it. He snapped his fingers and suddenly the red blood on it solidified around it as a purple crystal like substance. Connor then bent down so his eyes were on level with mine, and showed me the medallion which was now in the form of a necklace. "Luna..." He took a deep breath. "I know I'm not the most pleasant guy to fall in love with. And I have trouble with emotion. But whenever I'm near you, it feels like I can almost have emotions. You make my dead heart work in ways that it hasn't before. And with our upcoming child... I guess what I'm saying is... will you marry me?"


(Now)


Luna's eyes widened as she realized what the core was doing. "IT'S GOING TO BLOW!" She screamed, falling down onto the ground at the hopelessness she was feeling. Murphy and Celestia looked over at the core and saw that she was right, it did look like it was about to blow.

"Murphy!" Celestia quickly drew the teen's attention away. "You can control explosions. Can you stop this?"

"I-I can't. Not enough power. Too much damage. We need to store it in something. Then..." Murphy gulped. "Let Connor deal with it."

"What if you cover it with your body? Won't you be able to absorb your energy back and then use the powers to stop the explosion?" Celestia suggested. Murphy thought it over, while Luna was thinking of something else.

"Won't work. Connor's energy will tear me apart. Like I said. We need to store it." Murphy grabbed Celestia's head to force her to look him in the eyes. "WE NEED TO STORE IT! UNDERSTAND YET YOU BIG FAT HORSE?!"

Celestia growled a little bit. "What can store something that would destroy a good chunk of the universe?!"

"Something that pulls it in as fast as it expands outwards. Like a black hole or something! But we don't have one nearby, nor do we have a storage unit for one. Connor is too busy focusing on fighting Malicious to do it!" Murphy yelled into her face again.

Hearing Murphy mention a black hole, which pulls things in, and talk of a storage unit for it caused her mind to click, as she pulled the heart medallion necklace out from her mane and quickly held it above the violently shaking orb. "What are you doing Luna?!" Celestia asked, causing both the older sister, and the teenager to look as she held what was essentially her engagement ring above the about-to-explode orb of Dual Cosmic Energies.

"Connor gave me this necklace when he proposed. But he made the necklace with a black energy orb that sucked in anything, and he stuffed a Cosmic Energy explosion like that one into it. I think this is a black hole. This might save us." The three of them were silent for a moment, before Murphy started to laugh.

"Just like Connor. Manipulating our lives 1000 years before it happened. So how do we use it?" Murphy asked, his gaze shifting between the necklace and the explosion-to-be.

"I don't know!" Luna exclaimed, and at that exact moment, the Dual Cosmic Energy orb shattered, creating an explosion that started to destroy reality. The shock of the explosion and the reality distorting effects of it caused the nearby magic to fail, and as a result, the necklace fell into the expanding explosion, which was expanding at a slightly faster than a normal explosion rate. Luckily for the universe, the necklace being exposed to the explosion caused it to activate and suddenly it clicked open, sucking the explosion into it's contained black hole, before locking itself and landing on the ground where the robotic body used to be.

"Oh..." All three of them exclaimed at once. Luna picked up the necklace and put it back in her mane, before blinking as she remembered what she wanted to do. "CONNOR!" She quickly bolted for the castle, Murphy and Celestia following shortly after.


Malicious growled charging at me at faster than light speeds, slamming his super-charged fist into my head, and I simply faced the ground and allowed the attack to hit the top of my head. As Malicious tried to push me back, I dug my feet into the ground, and pushed back. We continued like this for a few moments, before Malicious brought his other fist back, preparing to hit me. I sighed, and decided to attack first. 'I hate using this power, but hell if I'll let Malicious win.' Malicious swung his fist forward, only for him to topple to the ground, having completely lost his balance and punch mid-air. "What the?" He looked at his robotic suit's feet, noticing that they were just a pile of melted slag on the ground where he was standing. "H-how?" He looked at me where he noticed my eyes glowing purple, and the melted flesh around my eyesockets. "Laser vision?! YOU HAVE FRIKKEN LASER VISION! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT?!"

"There's a lot you don't know about me." I said, slamming a purple fist straight into his armored face, forcing the energy to flow through both of us and with a tugging sensation, teleported us both to the badlands. The second our bodies were hit by the blinding light of the sun, I throw both my hands to the sky and yell as loud as I can. "HELIOS!" A beam of sunlight came from the heavens, but before it could struck me, I stopped the energy with my hands, and morphing the shape of my hands in just the right way caused the beam to strike Malicious, blasting him back a few feet and enveloping him in a bright blinding light.

I take a breath, preparing for the next part of my plan and reach deep within my subconscious, poking a tiny hole into a sealed part of my brain, with made my right arm be enveloped with black energy. I look up in time to see Malicious get to his feet, as he removed the larger layer of armor, making his suit less Hulk-sized, and more like over-sized T-45. But now he can stand on armored feet again. Should be one layer under it.

Malicious started chuckling, staring me down. "You idiot! You think that your Pseudo-SHAZAM would hurt me? I HAVE YOUR ENERGY! IT GAVE ME THE POWER UP THAT YOU COULD HAVE RECEIVED! YOU GAVE ME AN EDGE! AND I WIL-"

I cut off the scientist, as I held up my darkness infused arm. "I may have given you the power-up. But remember, it's my power. And I know it's weakness. So you might be a little stronger, but..." I slammed my fist into his helmet, sent him flying through a mountain, and used my purple arm to pull him back at mach 20, just to slam him to the ground at my feet as his new power flickers away, leaving him weaker than he was before. "I will still win." I put my foot on his chest, and being pressing, starting to indent the Cosmic infused metal. 'Wait for it.'

"Don't count me out just yet. I still got a trick up my sleeve." His helmet's eyes flashed as a yellow powder dispensed from his suit and I started coughing. As I lost focus on Malicious, he pushed me off, and grabbed my robotic foot, slamming me into the ground. "Like it? I'm surprised it took me so long to realize it. Don't you think it smells familiar. Like rotten eggs? Well, you're a scientist as well, so I'm assuming you know what I just sprayed at you, and you breathed it in. So your powers are repressed now due to that convenient weakness." With a twist, my leg snapped, warning messages about my leg malfunctioning flooded my vision as I felt the minor annoyance known as pain.

Grinding my teeth, I ignored the pain, pushing it down with the rest of my mental issues, and slammed my metal fist into his helmet, mentally activating an explosive fist upgrade I gave it a couple thousand years back. Malicious was thrown back, allowing me enough time to roll over and try to stand up, only to grunt as I put pressure on my broken leg. I felt some tingling in the back of my head as I worked through the wonderful pain.

Looking over, I could see Malicious quickly recover, and dash over to slam his armored fist into my head, a loud banging sound echoing around us as my metal skull recoiled from the attack, bouncing my dead lump for a brain around, giving me a major migraine. The tingling returned in full force, but I ignored it to bring my arm around for another punch, only for him to move his head out of the way, causing me to stagger, and leaving my torso open for his leg to slam into it, flinging me up into the air.

Once I was stuck in the air, Malicious jumped up and kicked me full force in the face, sending me flying through the air, till I crashed back into the walls of Canterlot Castle. My broken body laid in the rubble, my senses not working as my brain tried to recover from the damage it just took. The tingling in my brain turned into large vibrations through my body, tingling every nerve I have. As my eyesight slowly returned, I saw Malicious pick me up by the collar of my neck, and pull his hand back to deliver another blow. I did notice his hand was getting dented, so the indestructible skull was indeed a good investment, but even with it, 2 more punches, and I'm done for. He was saying something, but I couldn't hear it over the vibrations in my brain.

I suddenly found myself impacted into the walls of the broken throne room again, blood covering my body, as my head rapidly moved from side to side. I can only assume he punched me again. I tried to get back up, feeling the disgusting feeling of my shattered bones flopping about in my body. When I did manage to get to my feet, my brain practically exploded from the violent shaking it was doing. I screamed as I fell to my knees, clutching my head. "WHY DOES IT HURT?!" I couldn't help but scream. "IT HURTS SO MUCH!" I could barely hear the sound of Malicious walking over to me over the sounds of my pained screams. I managed to open my eyes to see him standing over me, but I could barely focus on that right now. "THE PAIN! IT FEELS SO GOOD! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!"

I saw Malicious slam his fist into my head again, throwing me against the wall again, which I fell down from again, clutching my head so hard I was making it bleed. The vibrations in my brain wouldn't end! It's not coming from Malicious, it's coming from inside my head! Then, I felt something different inside my head. It sounded like something cracking. As soon as I heard this, my senses all messed up. I could barely tell what was happening as I clutched my face in pain.

I think Malicious was in front of me.

A small smile formed on my face.

He was saying something.

The static in my hair faded, causing it to fall

Screams filled the room.

My smile got bigger.

Someone was yelling 'run away!'

My smile was getting so large my face was hurting.

The sounds of blood fell to the ground.

My skin felt cold.

The screaming wouldn't stop.

I felt my eyes crack. I think my pupils and irises were shrinking.

More blood fell to the ground.

My eyes were stinging. They were changing color.

The screaming stopped.

My smile stopped getting bigger. I think the edges of it were higher than my bloodshot eyes.

Someone was laughing.

His hands were raised.

I couldn't stop laughing. No matter how hard I tried. I felt myself slowly fade.

He brought his hands down.

As I faded, something else took hold of my body.


There was a huge flash of grey, that flung Malicious across the room. He recovered quickly and stared at Connor in shock. Connor slowly stood up, his face covered in shadows as his bones cracked into place and all the open wounds on his body disappeared. Malicious could see through his visor the large amounts of energy Connor was giving off.

"What is this Connor?! Your foolish last attempt at defeating me?! We both know that I am stronger than you can possibly be! I have the power of two Cosmic Kings combined with the strength of my Cosmic Slaying Armor! YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE!" Malicious yelled at his teenage enemy.

But to his surprise, Connor simply started to laugh. This wasn't his normal laugh though. Nor was it the soulless/emotionless laugh he'd usually do after becoming Cosmic King. It didn't even have an electric undertone to it. It sounded like the laugh of a psycho. The laugh of someone who doesn't care about anything. As he laughed, which only got louder and louder, he finally raised his head, revealing what happened to him.

Connor's skin had paled, turning from an already pale shade to almost completely white. His physical demeanor had changed, from powerful and all-knowing, to slouching and sporadic. He was standing on his broken metal leg, which had to have been giving him severe pain, but his body's nervous system just sent tingles throughout his body. His normally spiky brown hair had fall down, and looked a shade darker. But none of these changes pale in comparison to his face. The most noticeable feature was the large white smile on his face, one that curved up to me higher than his eyes. His face had cracks all across it from the impossibly wide smile, and these cracks spilled blood all over his face and body. His eyes were terrifying due to the soulless appearance in them. His pupils and irises were as small as pinpricks, with his iris colored blood red instead of electric yellow or the dull green he usually has when powerless.

Malicious felt all of his instincts flaring, every sense he had telling him to run. But he knew how powerful he was and he wasn't gonna run from this fight, regardless of how terrifying this teenager was. "Connor. What do you think you're trying to pull? You think that 'murderer' act will scare me into submission? You're going to have to try harder than that!"

Connor kept on laughing. "You think I'm Connor?! Connor's not here right now! So please leave a message after the beep! BEEP!" Malicious didn't know how to respond to that, so the room was quiet for a minute till Connor spoke again. "I'm not Connor though. I'm the madness he had locked away in his brain. You summoned me out when you kept doing all that cranial trauma to him, so now it's my time to shine." He smiled, before blinking. "Oh yeah, I guess you can't call me Connor, because while I am kinda him, I'm only a part of his fractured psyche. Hmmm..." Connor rubbed his chin in thought. "How about Madness? No, too dark sounding. Crazy? Nah, too short and not as descriptive." He clapped his hands together. "I got it! You can call me..."

"Insanity."

Author's Note:

Oh man. Sorry it took so long to write this chapter. I hate having trouble getting the energy to start writing. But at least this chapter is rather long compared to some of the other chapters, so maybe that could help make up for the long wait. And I'm worried that the next chapter would take even longer to make.

Also, CHAPTER 50!
I know it's not really the 50th chapter (that's Chapter 46 - an Anniversary), as there are a few not-chapters in here, but this is the 50th numbered chapter. And that makes me really happy!

So, also I finally got to introduce a new major character in the Cosmic King's story. Insanity. The embodiment of the insanity inside of Connor. I mean he is a teenager who has been through more than anyone should go through. He died, got zapped by super space lightning, got sucked to an alien planet where he discovers he lost his emotions, has god powers, knows about everything that's gonna happen in the future, and then tries to get back home while trying to be a hero to this new world he finds himself in. Anyone would probably go mentally insane in those circumstances.

And don't start thinking that Insanity is the only fragment of Connor's personality that will show up. He's got a lot of repressed issues.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next