• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,030 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,030

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 49 - Crush the Castle (and other references)

"So..." Murphy spoke up in his power armor. "Why are we just running? Canterlot will still take at least five hours to get there and I know these suits can fly."

"Well, one is so Celestia can keep up with us." I gestured to Celestia who was just barely able to keep up with our augmented running speed. "Two, is that we don't want to leave an obvious trail of cosmic energy from flying, as Malicious would be able to track us and shoot us out of the sky or whatever. Three, in five hours it will be nighttime, at least if Malicious moves the moon and sun, which he is smart enough to know he needs to do. And four, we still don't have much of our power back. We'll have a lot more in five hours, but it won't be 100% which we'll need to combat Malicious and hope to win. By my calculations, I'll have max power in 7 hours. You got your powers taken later, so it'll take longer."

Murphy sighed. "Fine. So, got a battle plan?"

I smirked. "You know me, I always have a plan."

"Mind filling us in?"

"Sure. We'll blitzkrieg the city, killing all the robots we can and free any ponies we find. We get to Malicious and fight. We'll put up a fight for a bit, Malicious will break your suit, and toss you back into the city. I'll fight him for a bit, mostly stalling for time, as he slowly overpowers my suit. It eventually cracks and he beats me to almost a bloody pulp. I get my powers at the last second, and put all my power into regeneration. Then I just survive until he uses up the finite amount of power he has after breaking out of his bulky suit and using a smaller, more agile model that can't restore the power. Then we win." I stated simply.

Murphy and Celestia stared at me with wide eyes. "How do you kn-"

I cut Celestia off. "I had the ability to see into the future. It's not fully back yet, but you kinda tend to remember things like these. It was apart of one of my many visions. I'm slowly getting them back at the moment. I gotta tell ya, it's weird seeing things only one way at first, before it slowly splits off and suddenly everything is made of sound waves as well as normal spectrum vision."

Murphy thought for a second. "But now that you told us this, how do you know that it won't change how things go?"

"Who said I was telling you the truth? I could be telling you what I want to tell you so I can get the best conclusion for me. I could be telling you what actually happens. I could be lying for the sake of lying. It's your job to figure out what I'm doing. And brutally kill things." I smirked.

"I am going to kill you one of these days." Murphy grunted.

"You already did that. Look where that got us. Two teenagers way over our heads, one with anger issues and some mommy problems, the other with split personality disorder and a desperate need for attention." I replied, noticing both Celestia and Murphy's brief facial reactions to what I said.

"Wait, what's that about a split personality disorder?" Celestia asked.

"What? I didn't say anything." I lied.


2 hours later


"What's that noise?" Murphy asked, looking around.

"What noise?" I asked, not paying attention as I was busy with something.

"That noise, it sounds like..." Murphy sighed. "Are you playing Galaga?"

"No..." I quickly replied.

"How are you playing Galaga?" Murphy asked, getting irritated. Looks like my plan is working.

"Well, I'm using my eyes, and processing the information of what I'm seeing, and then my brain decides what to do, so it sends messages to other parts of my brain and then those parts use other thingies that cause me to input controls that the game responds to and then acts accordingly. Then it happens all again." I answered.

"Don't be a smart*Beep*... You designed the suit to beep out curse words?" Murphy sighs, getting even more irritable.

"Oh, and your thing has the original Doom in it." I said with a smile, as the sounds of one of Murphy's old favorite games comes from his suit.


3 hours later


"Well, we're here." Murphy stated as we stared at the imposing path to the city of Canterlot. "How should we do this?"

"I'm thinking Broforce style. We can be the Boondock Bros, and Celestia can be... Broden? Brocketeer? The Brode? Screw it, she's Celestia." I turn to my sister-in-law. "I need you to get as many innocents and bystanders out of the city as possible. We'll take care of the robots. Do you understand? Take the sewers, and knock out any nobles that refuse to follow you just to stay clean. And then drag their bodies through the dirtiest part of the sewers, just to mess with them."

Celestia nodded. "I'll save as many of my little ponies as I can. Make sure you save some of Malicious for me. I need some revenge."

"Of course." I look at Murphy. "Let's go." He nods and start running up the inclining path. I take a deep breath and cringe, feeling the ever present lack of my lung. Shaking my head, I clear my thoughts and quickly follow after Murphy. It doesn't take a minute for us at full speed to get to the gates of Canterlot. We stand outside the door, the remains of the guard turrets that Murphy destroyed littered around us, and get ready to start.

"You ready?" I ask, already knowing the answer. He just pulls back something on his pistol that makes an audible clicking sound. I smirk and pull out a pack of gum, and open it, only to realize that I'm out of gum. Tossing the trash to the side, we kick down the door and got to kicking butt.


Canterlot... arguably the most beautiful city in Equestria. Its tall spires can be seen for miles in all directions. Except if the one who is looking at Canterlot is trying to look at the city through the giant mountain. But I digress. Canterlot, renown for it's beauty and integrity and culture, with gleaming white stone and lush green parks now appeared to be the exact opposite. Smoke and destruction was clearly visible for miles. The once pristine white stones were blemished with blood, covered in cracks, and stained with smoke. The beautiful architecture of the houses were either crumbled, about to crumble or being used as last resting places for the unfortunate families that weren't able to hide from the blood thirsty robots.

The destruction started off slow, first with news of the Cosmic King's defeat and supposed death, and the Princesses enslaved. The two new Overlords presented themselves to the public, one a teenage murderer, the other an evil genius. The smarter citizens quickly evacuated the city, but being a city filled with mostly stuck-up idiotic nobles and crazy unicorns, they didn't leave due to thinking that they were too important to be harmed or not even realizing what was happening to the power structure of the country. Those that stayed behind soon wished they left when the robots came. They broke into houses, brutally murdering families, not sparing anything, regardless of age or gender.

But now, hope could be seen from the distance. Two blurs streaked through the city, one was a trail of Fire, leaving blown up robots and strange metal shapes wherever it went. The other was a bolt of Lightning, leaving dismantled robots and copies of Asimov's laws of robotics. As the two forces of nature cleared the city of robots one by one, they got closer and closer to the Canterlot Castle where the evil that spread across the city is being controlled.

Eventually the Fire and Lightning died down in front of the doors to the castle, and it revealed the two Cosmic Kings, gasping for breath.

"I think that's all of them in the city." Connor spoke, resting his arm against the wall next to the doors.

"Me too." Murphy replied, sitting down on the ground, as he gulped down as much air as he could. "But what was with those books you were using as weapons?"

"The books?" Connor looked confused, before he realized what Murphy was talking about and pulled out another copy of Asimov's laws of robotics. "Well, Asimov created three laws that all robots follow. I adjusted the book a bit to apply ponies, so the robots realized they broke the laws and deactivated or blew up. If they just deactivated, I dismantled them so they wouldn't reboot or anything like that."

"Okay..." Murphy didn't quite understand. "Let's just get this door down and beat up Malicious. And maybe kill."

"You do that." Connor said walking a bit away from the door and looking up at the castle, trying to find something. "I'll catch up to you." He waved Murphy off.

"Suit yourself." Murphy exploded the door with an explosive device and rushed in. The echoes of gunshots and explosions could be heard coming out of the now open doorway. Connor ignored this and kept on looking for what he was seeking, and found it, standing in the middle of the road into the castle, and looking straight into a window, smirking.

Through the window was a severely wounded blue alicorn princess, imprisoned and tortured by Malicious, experiencing her only break for sleeping that day. Her appearance was greatly changed by Malicious. Her flowing mane that resembled the stars in space was now a pale blue mane that stuck to the blood dried on her face from the cuts she was covered in. Tears and blood matted her fur together, making her look purple instead of blue. It could have been from the bruises though. Nearly every bone in her body was broken, her horn was cracked, her wings sticking in wrong positions and bones sticking out of her body. She was awoken when the sounds of fighting and robots blowing up entered through her ears.

Looking down she could barely see a bipedal creature wearing a metal suit looking straight at her. Her eyes painfully shot wide open upon recognizing the Cosmic King's insignia of lightning bolts and tears in reality. A broken smile cracked across her face, showing her missing and shattered blood splattered teeth.

Then music came from the armored bipedal's suit. Where the lyrics to the song would have been, the Cosmic Being sang.

"Listen baby!"
"Ain't no mountain high, ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough baby!"
"If you need me call me no matter where you are,"
"No matter how far. Don't worry baby!"
"Just call my name. I'll be there in a hurry,"
"You don't have to worry!"

"Oh baby there ain't no mountain high enough!"
"Ain't no valley low enough!"
"Ain't no river wide enough!"
"To keep me from getting to you babe!"

"Remember the day I set you free!"
"I told you, you could always count on me darling!"
"From that day on, I made a vow!"
"'I'll be there when you want me,"
"'Some way, some how!"

"Oh baby there ain't no mountain high enough!"
"Ain't no valley low enough!"
"Ain't no river wide enough!"
"To keep me from getting to you babe!"

"Oh no darling!"
"No wind, no rain!"
"Or winters cold can stop me baby! Na Na baby!"
"'Cause you are my goal!"
"If you're ever in trouble!"
"I'll be there on the double!"
"Just send for me! Oh baby, ha!"

"My love is alive!"
"Way down in my heart!"
"Although we are miles apart!"
"If you ever need a helping hand!"
"I'll be there on the double!"
"Just as fast as I can!"

"Don't you know that there,"
"Ain't no mountain high enough!"
"Ain't no valley low enough!"
"Ain't no river wide enough!"
"To keep me from getting to you babe!"

"Don'tcha know that there,"
"Ain't no mountain high enough!"
"Ain't no valley low enough!"
"Ain't no river wide enough!"
"Ain't mountain high enough!"
"Ain't no valley low enough!"

The music stopped, and Luna kept her smile on her face, knowing that she would be saved. Though she was impressed by Connor's singing ability. He rarely sings. Connor gave a quick wave before he disappeared into the castle.


BANG! BANG! BANG!

Man, these weak living soldiers of Malicious are... well... WEAK! They die after a single bullet. Those robots outside were stronger, but still I ripped through them. I need a challenge.

I blast through another door, getting closer to my target, when a purple blade whizzed by my head. I dodged quickly and got a good look at who the attack was with the Cosmic Blade. It looked like Connor, if he was a robot. Figures Malicious would build an Anti-Connor robot. Probably has all of Connor's weaknesses as strengths. Most likely sees me as Connor due to the same energy signature.

The robot looked at me again, and I shot a few bullets at it, which it cut before hitting it. Right... Cosmic Energy-enhanced robot... superior reflexes. Finally a challenge. It charged at me with it's purple blade and I dodged backwards, my instincts over destruction (which includes swords. They can destroy families and lives and bodies) allowing me to know how to move despite the robot being faster than me. It was built to battle a guy who moves at the speed of lightning, on top of the speed increase our powers give us.

I counter the robot's blade with my knife and noticed an opening in their form, quickly stabbing my knife in it's shoulder where the metal plate that makes up it's body was the weakest. I pushed my now open hands into it's shoulders pushing me away and snapping my fingers as the knife exploded, blowing off the arm and part of the... chassis? I don't know robot terms like Connor does. Smirking under my helmet, I now see that it was not built for the possibility of combating me.

The robot still kept up the battle. Definitely was built to combat against Connor's never say die attitude. The robot took it's blade and swiped it into the air, firing a beam of Cosmic Energy at me. I dodged that beam, before having to dodge another and another and so on until the piece of scrap got lucky, by distracting me and striking me in the armor with the beam of energy. I got to give Connor credit though. His suit stood up to the blast mostly, but now had a wicked mark across the front of it, creating an exploitable weak point in my defense if one could attack me where my armor is now at it's weakest.

That's just what the Anti-Connor did, or at least tried to before I fired a shotgun point blank at it's face, disfiguring it's ugly mug even more. While it was stunned, I charged forward, firing shots from both my rifle and smg at the same time, before dropping them and kicking the robot across the room, and pulling out my rocket launcher, blasting it into the wall. When the smoke cleared, the robot was barely functioning and without any weapons left.

Walking over, I pulled out my beloved pistol and aimed it right at it's face. I could have just shot it then and there, but I figured saying a witty line would seem cool or something. "Asta la.... no, not good enough... what would be a good line for this? Ugh, Connor would know."

"I have a good idea for one." Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. I glance over at Connor who walked over. "You sure did a number on this guy. Last time I fought one, I got that huge scar across my face. But as for a finishing line... how about this..."

A bunch of words appeared on the screen in my helmet, and I skimmed through them. "What's this referencing?"

"I'll show it to you later. You would probably enjoy it. Right up your alley." We both got into position, where I pointed a gun at the robot's head, and Connor pointed his hand in the shape of a gun at it just an inch or so away from my gun. Then, we spoke in unison.

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti." We then fired our guns... or well, my gun and Connor's weird hand thingy he did where he fired a blast of Cosmic Energy into the robot similar to a gun that fires Cosmic Energy.

As the scrap metal lay on the ground, I realized something about what we just said. "Why did we just say something that has to do with our predecessor? He tried to kill you, remember?"

"It's a very appropriate line to our certain circumstance right now. Kinda. Look, I'll explain it later, but can we just go and stop Malicious now?" Connor was already moving forward.

I sigh and follow him. Better suck up my pride than get lost in this maze of a castle. Then I can finally get revenge.

Author's Note:

I used several references in this chapter. I hope you enjoy them and can figure them out. I also wanted to add more to this chapter, but if I did then it would take longer to come out, so you'll have to wait for the next chapter to see the big fight. Or maybe I'll make a chapter that explains Murphy's backstory. Let me tell you, it's quite a doozy.

Any questions about references, ask away.

PreviousChapters Next