• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,006 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,006

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8 - Getting Schooled

I was in another area I didn’t recognize. I limped forward, passed the mangled bodies of my friends and many other ponies. I could tell that they were all dead. I kept limping forward. After a minute, I saw a familiar figure, with a hellish aura. I couldn’t recognize it, it just looked like a blur of memories.

It seemed to notice me when I got close enough. It threw whatever it was holding off to the side, and I could see that it was a dying Celestia. We locked eyes for a second before she passed away. I felt anger rising in me as I charged the figure, and got a punch in, sending it back a foot or two.

I charged at it again, but it punched me in the gut. I quickly punched it back in the face as hard as I could. I kept on punching it in the face, before it grabbed my robotic arm, pulled it out of the socket, and smashed it into pieces. It charged at me in my shocked state, and punched me in the stomach. It kept punching and punching me, as I coughed up blood. Try as I might, I couldn’t find the strength to stop it. As everything went black, I could hear a muffled voice getting louder and louder.

“Why won’t you get up!” I heard the voice yell as it punched my stomach over and over again. I quickly reached over, grabbing the fists of what was attacking me, only to see I grabbed two cyan hooves. I looked up to see an agitated Rainbow looking at me with a bloody snout. “‘Bout time you woke up!” I let go of her, and got off the bed.

“Why is your face bleeding?” I asked, concerned as I held my hurt stomach.

“Well, when I tried to wake you up, you started failing around. I first tried slapping you, which then you punched me, so I had to punch you in the gut.” As she’s saying that, I felt something rising up in my stomach. I fall onto my knees, keeping myself up with my arms as I puked blood. Now Rainbow was the one who was concerned. “What happened? Why are you puking blood?”

When I finished puking, I stood up, sat on the bed, and took a deep breath as my stomach and organs regenerated. I snapped my fingers cleaning up my blood on the ground, and Rainbow’s wound on her face. “Sorry about hurting you. I was having another bad dream, and I guess when you slapped me, my body started attacking like my mind was. Also the reason why I was puking, was because of seeing all the dead bodies in my dream, combined with fighting whatever killed them, and your punching, destroyed my organs. That was me puking them out so I could regenerate.” I sighed in relief that it was only a dream. “So, why did you wake me up?”

“Because, I have to teach you how to fly with wings! You got your wings yesterday, and I thought who would be better at teaching you how to fly than the best pegasus around!” She puffed out her chest.

“Yeah, I guess I will need to learn how to fly. Let me just get ready okay? You can wait on my balcony or something.” As I said this, Rainbow sighed and flew out to the balcony next to my room. I quickly stretched, grabbed some new clothes that somehow Rarity got into my dresser, and flamed my face to wake up. I walked out to the balcony a minute or two later and jumped onto the railing of it.

“So you finally ready?” I nodded and she started flying away to someplace. I jumped off the balcony, and ran after her. After a couple of minutes, we arrived at some place outside of Ponyville. Rainbow stopped and turned around, ready to teach me how to fly. “So, first things first, you have to know how to flap your wings. Can you do that?”

I tried feeling for my wings, but was unsuccessful. I sighed, and pulled some metal out of the ground, bending it into a medium sized rod. I then cut it into halves. I stabbed one into each golden wing, watching as some blood dripped out. I heard Rainbow cry out.

“What are you doing!” I gave her a small smile.

“Feeling for my wings. I still can’t feel them yet, but I’m not finished either.” Rainbow had time to look shocked and revolted as I sent electricity into both rods, sending the electricity through my wings and into my body. I took out the rods, watched as my wings healed up as good as new, and gave them an experimental flap. “Yep, now I can feel them.”

“Why would you do that!” I chuckled.

“You told me to flap my wings. To do so, I had to send a pain throughout the entirety of the wing. I can now feel them, and can flap them.” Rainbow gagged.

When she finally stopped gagging, she decided to continue. “So, next step. Try flapping both wings at the same time, until you get used to it.” I nodded.

I reared both my wings back, and flapped them both so hard, that I was sent flying through the air, leaving a big dust cloud where I took off. When I finally stopped, I looked around, expecting to see a good view of Ponyville, or of Equestria. What I saw shocked me. I had a good view of a star. “What the…” Suddenly I realized something. I grabbed my throat, expecting to die of lack of oxygen, but felt my throat shift, as my lungs no longer needed oxygen. “That’s cool.” I decided to look to see where I was. “Am I in front of Proxima Centauri?” I looked over to where the planet I came from was. “So, Equestria is another version of Earth, where humans didn’t become the only sentient race.” I shifted my body over to the planet I came from, and started to flap my wings again, making sure I would land where I started.

After a quick flap, I landed back on the ground, rolling to get rid off the pain as I hit the ground. I looked to see a shocked Rainbow as the dust from my landing cleared. I felt my throat shift again as oxygen flooded into my lungs. I cough a bit to get Rainbow’s attention. “What just happened?” She slowly asked.

“I think I might have broken the speed of light. I flew up into space and was next to the second closest star to this planet. I honestly didn’t expect that to happen. But it was cool.” I shrugged.

“So you can fly?” She said a bit quicker this time.

I shrugged. “I can try again. With less force of course.” I reared my wings back again, flapped lighter, and took to the skies. I slowed down the flapping when I got to the cloud level, and looked around whistling at the sight.

“So you can control your flight. Why didn’t you tell me you could?” Rainbow flew up next to me and grabbed a cloud to lay on.

“I didn’t know. I think it’s because my powers give me a lot of weird knowledges of sciences and maths. But even with all the knowledge, I’m still trying to figure out how your wings keep you afloat when you’re horizontal or vertical.” I shrugged again. “I’m going to try to see how fast I can go. See you later.” Rainbow looked like she was almost asleep so she just waved me off. I chuckled, and flapped my wings again, flying out to Ponyville at impressive speeds. I quickly landed just outside of it.

“I got to work on landings.” I said as I climbed out of the little crater I dug when trying to land. “At least I could fly incredibly fast.” I looked around to see where I’m at, and noticed the schoolhouse. I noticed that it was empty, and realized that Rainbow woke me up incredibly early. I decide to walk over to a tree nearby and lay down, resting as I make sure nothing attack Ponyville. I eventually closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of hoofsteps walking over. I looked up and noticed a purple pony, with a two colored pink mane, and three flowers as a cutie mark. “Cheerilee.” I nodded and she jumped a bit in surprise. She must have thought I was asleep, which I was.

“Mr. Connor, I was wondering, my students are learning about ancient history in school, and I was hoping you could come today to teach my students some things about the humans of old?” I flinched when she called me mister. I mean I’m still a teenager. But my thoughts were pulled away when I heard that humans existed at one point in this universe?

“Sure, I don’t really have any other things to do today.” I said as I got up and cracked my back. “When should I arrive at the schoolhouse?” I looked to see her flinching at me cracking my bones.

“If you can hang around the schoolhouse in an hour, without the students seeing you, and come in when I call you, that would be good.” I nodded.

“Well, I’ll be there if I can. See ya later.” She walked away, and I sat back down, starting to add some updates to my arm in the meantime. I heard her give a sigh of relief when she was far enough away. “Still not that trusted among some ponies?” I sigh, and continue to work on my arm.

55 minutes later, I was waiting on top of the triangular canopy or whatever it was, testing out my invisibility upgrade. I chuckled a bit to myself, as I overheard the children waiting outside of the school, for the school bell to ring. I looked at my arm, and checked the power display for the invisibility mode. Most people think that when you’re invisible, you can’t see yourself, but you actually can, because your perception is invisible as well. My invisibility was put together on the fly, mostly using a stasis field combined with a Cloak and Dagger invisibility watch another Connor stole from a mysterious Frenchman.

While watching them, I noticed Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were all waiting away from each other, talking to other ponies. I also noticed, that they were in a triangular pattern with them being the points. “Strange.” As I continued to watch them, the sound of the bell ringing made me almost fall off the canopy. As I was hanging on to the edge of the canopy, I managed to get my feet onto the fence thing near the entrance, and I watched as the ponies walked into the classroom, not even noticing I was there. I noticed my cloak was starting to wear off, so I jumped a few feet behind the last filly and landed silently, walking in after them, and leaning against the corner next to the door, still invisible, but watching the entire class.

There was still talking, which Cheerilee quieted in order for the lesson to take place. “All right children, quiet down.” They did. “So you all know we are currently learning about ancient Equestrian history right?” They nodded. “Well, I thought I should bring in a special guest, who happens to know more about humans than most other people.” Some ponies were muttering who it was. I only heard Lyra mentioned. Not me, or any other names. “Please welcome, Mr. Connor!” They all looked around for me, as I walked up to in front of the chalkboard, and deactivated my cloak, making me appear quickly, and with a small bit of noise. They were all shocked, but then starting clapping. Well, they were stomping the ground in applause, so that technically is their version of clapping. I just bowed a bit. Cheerilee walked up to me and asked; “How did you do that?”

“A good magician never reveals his tricks.” I said with a smile. “Also, just call me Connor. Mr. Connor makes it seem like my first name is my last name.” I turned to face the kids. “So what about humans do you wish to know?” I was immediately assaulted with a lot of questions. Before I could tell them to raise their hands, Cheerilee did that already. Now, all of the colts and fillies had their hooves raised. I called on Dinky first.

“Can all hyoomans heal fast?” I smiled at her pronunciation.

“They’re called humans. Hyoomans are like humans but part fish as well from another universe. But most humans don’t have fast healing.” They all ‘ooh’ed at that. I pointed to Scootaloo next.

“How fast has a human ever gone?” I thought about it for a few seconds.

“Before I left, somewhere over 22 machs, or 22 times the speed of sound.” They all ‘ooh’ed again. “But I do know that humanity will at least go as fast as 10 times the speed of light.” More ‘ooh’es. I pointed to the pony in the fez.

“Do humans have fezzes?” As he said that, my own fez appeared on my head.

“Of course humans have fezzes. Why wouldn’t they have fezzes? Fezzes are cool.” I had a big grin on my face before I put the fez away. I reluctantly pointed to Diamond Tiara.

“What’s with that horrendous thing you have on your foreleg?” I assumed she was talking about my arm.

“You probably mean my arm. That isn’t some piece of clothing. That is my actual arm. My original one was torn off when I arrived in Equestria, so I made another. It’s a complicated piece of tech that you wouldn’t understand anything about. But it has lots of cool functions I can upgrade it with.” I pointed to Sweetie Belle.

“Do humans have magic?” She squeaked a bit.

“No, the humans of the universe I came from couldn’t use magic.” They all gasped. Sweetie Belle spoke up again.

“But how did the sun move without magic? Or how was the weather taken care of? How could you live without magic?” I chuckled.

“How can you live without the internet? Humans didn’t need magic. The sun never moved. The moon orbited the Earth, which orbited the sun. And clouds move on their own, due to hot and cold fronts. Where humans lacked in magic, they made up for in using their minds. They have an incredible understanding of what is around them, and they used their minds to make devices to enhance everyday life. And they also became very good at killing themselves. They invented devices that could level entire cities in a few seconds. It was so powerful, humans made laws to stop the use of these weapons.” They all looked very surprised at the thought of someone killing someone else. I called upon Pipsqueak this time.

“How could ponies just kill each other?” Everyone else was nodding in agreement.

“Humans aren’t ponies. They don’t have harmony, and true friendship isn’t that common among them. Humans are greedy and want power, even if that means killing others to get it.” More gasps. I called upon Applebloom.

“What’s your cutie mark?” She asked. I sighed. At least it wasn’t about killing others.

“I thought I answered that already on the day I arrived. Humans don’t have cutie marks, they can have multiple talents. But I guess if I was a pony, my cutie mark would be this.” I turned around, and grabbed some chalk, and began to draw on the chalkboard, next to the quantum physics on the board. When I was done, I took a few steps back and away, so the ponies could see it. It was three cosmic purple circles, in a triangle-like shape, and there were small stars in each circle. “It represents the multiverse, and how it is my job to protect it and the universes it contains.” The ponies just looked at it curiously before asking more questions. I sighed. This is going to be a long day.

After several more minutes of asking and answering questions, a pony finally asked; “What is your most powerful attack?” With Cheerilee’s permission, I lead them outside. When we were all outside, I stood several feet away from them. A quick flash later, and I was in my cosmic form. I turned around, planted my feet into the ground, and put both my hands behind my right side. I looked upwards diagonally, and put my energy into my hands.

“KA!” I yelled, as a small ball of cosmic purple energy flooded into my hands. “ME!” The energy starting getting bigger. “HA!” The energy started forming a ball. “ME!” The energy was glowing bright cosmic purple. “HA!” I shot my hands forward, as the energy shot from my hands into the sky. I let it fly for a while, before I decided to stop it outside of the planet’s atmosphere, and blow it up it a beautiful harmless explosion. I turned around and saw the shocked faces of everyone. “I made sure it was harmless, but if I put more power into that, it could easily blow up this entire planet.”

Before anything else could happen, a loud roar was heard coming from the forest. We could all hear it. I quickly searched through my mind of what it could be. Not deep or loud enough to be an ursa major or minor. Sounded more like an animal bigger than ponies. Maybe about my height? That could leave two options; a manticore, or a chimera. Neither are good. I had this train of thought in only a second, and quickly yelled at the ponies to get inside the schoolhouse and barricade the door. They did so, because a second after they did, a large manticore bounded out of the Everfree forest and jumped far enough to reach the area surrounding the schoolhouse. I looked at it, and it was about twice my height. “You’re a big fella aren’t you?” It responded by leaping forward, and trying to stab me with it’s scorpion tail. I jumped back, just it time for it to jump at me, pinning me to the ground, and roared at my face.

I showed no fear in my face, but noticed that its eyes weren’t blood red, so it isn’t being controlled. I also noticed that the kids and Cheerilee were watching me, with worried expression through the windows. I managed to get my arm loose when it lifted one of its paws to slice me up. I punched it in the face, and managed to push it off of my with my punch. I quickly stepped back a bit and we circled each other, waiting for the other to attack. During this time, I realized that due to the energy blast I did earlier, I don’t have enough strength to beat it head on. “I guess I’ll have to use my mind to beat you.”

Right after I said that, it charged at me. I jumped over it, and moved back a bit, to avoid the tail. While it was turning around, I saw the tree I was sleeping at earlier, and quickly made a plan in my mind. The manticore charged at me again. I jumped over it again, but it seemed to have learned it’s lesson. As I was above it, it tried to stab me with its tail. I managed to double jump out of the way, and ran over to the tree. Once in front of the tree, the manticore charged once more. “If you keep charging like this, I’m going to have to take away your charge card.” I smiled as I rolled out of the way, letting the manticore hit the tree, getting its tail stuck in it, and dazing it temporarily.

Now that I had perhaps a minute to execute my plan, I ran some distance from the manticore, so it could still see me, though it would fall into my trap. I activated a prototype function on my arm, and spread a lot of a highly flammable liquid around me in a wide circle. When I stopped spraying the liquid, my arm turned back from it’s fluid thrower mode to its default normal appearance mode. I activated my arm again, creating rough areas on my entire hand. I lightly snapped my fingers and saw a small spark appear in between them. I nodded in approval, before looking up, seeing the manticore charge at me again. I brace myself for the impact, and once it hits me, we’re both knocked to the ground. I notice the liquid at my back, so I managed to roll us over a few times, coating us in the liquid. When the manticore’s paw raised, I snapped my fingers as hard as I can, sending a spark onto the liquid, igniting both of us. “Looks like you really burned through your charge card.” I said with a smile, after it jumped off of me, trying to put the flames out.

I noticed my skin starting to melt, so I started spraying water on the both of us, putting out the fires. When the manticore turns to face me, it looked me straight in the burned face, and quickly runs off back into the forest. I noticed that some of its skin was melted, showing advanced robotics. “Not them again.” I heard the cheering of children, as I turned around to see all the children staring at me, cheering and stomping their hooves. I also noticed the mortified face of Cheerilee, as she walked up to me, and spoke in a quiet but sharp whisper.

“What! Did! You! Just! Show! My! Students!” She was roughly poking my stomach while she said this.

I crouched down, and spoke in her ear. “One, it attacked first, and tried to kill your students. Two, it was an android, meaning it wasn’t alive. It couldn’t feel any pain in the first place. It was designed to kill all of us. I had to use my mind to beat it because I used a lot of power on that powerful attack.” She grimaced, and walked back to the kids, who most of jumped on me in happiness.

After being tackled to the ground. Scootaloo spoke up. “That was so cool! How did you do that fire trick!” When she said this, there were nods in agreement from the other ponies. I rolled my eyes, and gently pushed the kids off of me. They all sat down, waiting for me to tell them.

“I sprayed some of this special liquid on the ground, that is HIGHLY flammable. The liquid is a very special chemical some people in the Cosmic community use, mostly me, and other secret agents. I think it’s called Hidden Fire. The liquid is HIGHLY dangerous, due to that fact that if you were to drink it, and even so much as touch fire, you would be burned alive, PAINFULLY.” They all gasped, and I smiled, making sure that they know not to mess with it.

“If it’s so dangerous, why did’ya use it?” I heard a southern accent and figured it was Applebloom, even though I couldn’t see her in the group. This world has weird logic.

“Using that attack I showed you earlier left me drained a bit, so I wasn’t as strong as I needed to be to beat the manticore.” They all had guilty faces. “So, I realized that I would need to use my mind to beat it, which is why I lured it into the Hidden Fire, and made sure we were both covered in it. Luckily, I realized that it was only an android, basically a robot that looks like a living thing, so the fire didn’t hurt it, and thankfully, I can regenerate from the burns.” I showed them my left arm that no longer was dripping with liquid flesh.

Before anyone could say anything else, my mental sensors told me the manticore arrived at CFTDP HQ. I quickly stood up. “Sorry, but I have some important business to take care of.” They all whined and asked me to stay for longer. “I’m sorry, but I need to prevent this disaster from happening again.” I spread my wings, and took off to Ponyville, waving to the colts and fillies that were waving goodbye.

After flying around for a minute, I found Rainbow sleeping on a cloud. I quickly grabbed the cloud, sending electricity into it, rudely waking up Rainbow. Once she shook off the soot, she looked at me, and had an angry look on her face. “What’s the big deal buster!” She saw the even angrier look in my eyes, and looked nervous. Although she wouldn’t admit to it.

“I found CFTDP’s headquarters. I was wondering if you want to attack it with me.” She took a few seconds to realize what I was talking about, before she had a look of determination on her face.

“Of course! I want to give those jerkbags a lesson for attack my home and friends!” I nodded.

“Then go get whatever you think you need, and meet me at the edge of the Everfree. I know the path to get to the base.” She gulped, before saluting, and flying off to her house. I quickly flew off to Sweet Apple Acres.

I landed, shocking Applejack and Big Mac, who were taking a small break from their chores. “Land sakes Connor! What’s got you in a hurry!” She said, adjusting her hat.

“I need your help. I figured out where CFTDP’s HQ is. I was thinking you might want to help me attack their base, and teach them a lesson.” After a few seconds, AJ realized what I was saying and nodded.

“I’d love to help! Big Mac, can you take care of my chores till I get back?” She looked to Big Mac, who seemed to understand what was happening.

“Eeyup.” I chuckled at that for a second, before turning to AJ.

“Then get whatever you think you need, and meet me at the edge of the Everfree. I’m going to see if our other friends want to come. Oh, and make sure Applebloom doesn’t come.” She nodded, before running into her house. I flew off, looking for the others.

I landed in front of Sugarcube Corner, and ran into it through the doors to see Pinkie at the counter. She waved me over, and I ran up. “Hiya Connor! What brings you here today! Wanna buy some cupcakes! Or pie! Or Cake! Or two of those options! Like cupcakes and cake. Or cake and pie! Or cupcakes and pie! Or maybe you want to buy cookies!”

Before she could continue, I spoke up. “I found CFTDP’s HQ, I was wondering if you want to help, get whatever you think you need, and meet us at the edge of the Everfree. Rainbow and AJ should be there. I’m going get the others.” Pinkie tensed up at the mention of CFTDP. Man, those guys need a better name. Pinkie ran upstairs, while I ran back outside, and flew up to find the other two.

I landed outside of the Carousel Boutique, and ran in to see Rarity doing... something. “Oh, hello Connor. What can I do for you today?” She noticed my tired expression and got a bit worried.

“I found the CFTDP’s secret base. I was wondering if you would like to help. I want to stop them before they try to attack the colts and fillies again.” Before I could continue, Rarity had a very angry look on her face.

“What do you mean, again?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Less than an hour ago, one of CFTDP’s robots tried to attack the students at school. Luckily I was there to drive it off, and no one was hurt.” She took a sigh of relief.

“Of course I’ll help. Those brutes tried to hurt Sweetie Belle!” Rarity also had the fire of determination in her eyes.

“Good, get whatever you need for the journey. Shouldn’t be too long, maybe an hour. Bring only what YOU would carry. Meet me and the others outside the Everfree.” She nodded in confirmation, before I ran out and flew to Fluttershy’s.

I landed right outside Fluttershy’s cottage. I knocked on the door, and Fluttershy answered. “Oh Connor, it’s good to see you again. What are you doing here?” She noticed the look in my eyes.

“I found CFTDP’s HQ. It’s located in the Everfree. I was wondering if you would like to come with the others and I to finally stop them.” When I said Everfree, she panicked.

“Why would you want me to go with you? I’d just slow you guys down.” I crouched down, and looked her in the eye, while she tried to hide behind her mane.

“No you wouldn’t. You may not be a good fighter, but you are good with animals, which we most likely would come across in the Everfree. And you are a good medic, which we would need, if they have any hostages.” She looked down for a second while she was thinking, then she looked backed up.

“I’ll do it. So at least no one else would get hurt from the monsters.” She had a fiery look in her eyes. I stood up and smiled.

“Then grab what you think you’ll need, and meet us at the edge of the Everfree.” She went back inside, and I flew off to my house.

Once there, I found a backpack in one of the closets. I looked at the backpack and noticed that it looked like it was specifically made for me. Then I realized something, I did make it. It could change forms, so if I wore it, and shape-shifted, it would fit to the other form. It also had a serious regenerating ability so it could regenerate from absolutely nothing. It even looked like it was connected to a stasis pocket universe so anything in it wouldn’t age. And it had the ability that while wearing it, I could summon anything from the pocket universe onto my hands and vice versa. But what was really weird about it, was that it had a symbol of 3 cosmic purple portals on the back of it, just like what I said my cutie mark would be if I had one. I put it on, deciding to think about it later, and went to the kitchen, grabbed some food and pop, as well as some medical supplies and other important stuff.

When I was done, I raced out of my house, and flew over to where we were meeting. I landed, seeing everyone arriving around the same time, all wearing saddle bags. Luckily, Rarity didn’t bring anything of none importance. “Is everyone ready?” I got a bunch of nods. “Then follow me, and stay close together.” I started to walk into the forest, but Rarity spoke up.

“Excuse me Connor, but what is that on your back?” I turned my head, to make sure there wasn’t anything else on my back.

“It’s a backpack. I found it in a closet in my house. The strange thing about it, is that I think I made it at some point. It has infinite space in it, I could summon anything into or from it, and it changes form for whoever is wearing it.” They all had surprised looks on their faces as we finally start moving.

“So what’s with that symbol you have on it?” AJ asked.

“It’s what my cutie mark would look like if I was a pony. That’s the strangest thing. Knowing me, it probably means I’m going to be time traveling in the future. Which probably means I could have built that house, and meet Celestia which is why she seems to know me so well.” They all looked confused, except for Pinkie.

“I don’t get it.” Rainbow said bluntly.

“Well it makes perfect sense for me Dashie! You’re just not thinking about it the right way. You see…” She was cut off when Rainbow covered her mouth with a hoof. I sighed, and continued walking.

“It’ll probably make sense in the future. Don’t worry about it though. At least I know I’m not dying soon.” I said with a smile, while the others gasp.

“Connor! You shouldn’t joke about things like that! Death is a very serious topic!” I roll my eyes.

“I’m being completely serious. Playing games in my universe made me realize how much I prefer to charge into battle, and with regenerative abilities combined with human stubbornness, I feel like I probably will die at some point.” They all gasp again.

“But aren’t you a god or something? Shouldn’t you be immortal?” I sighed.

“I am a god. I am immortal, but for all I know, I’m only long lived. I’ll age slowly, and perhaps only be killed to die. My body will probably be 16, maybe 17 by the time you’re all 100. That is, if you guys don’t die or anything.” They were all shocked this time.

“Wait, you’re younger than sixteen years old? I thought you were older than that!” Rainbow exclaimed. I chuckled.

“Yep, I was a few months away from my 16th birthday. I don’t know how long Equestrian ponies live, but humans live for maybe 80 years. A human would be lucky, if they get to 100 years.” I was depressed, thinking about how I might never see my family again.

“Most Equestrian ponies live for roughly 100 years. My Granny Smith is around 90. Do ponies live that long in your world? If you have ponies in your world that is.” AJ said. I chuckled a bit.

“Yeah, ponies were in my world. But they didn’t live that long, maybe around 20 years, and were used as labor animals on farms.” They all gasped.

“But that’s just wrong! How could you do that to innocent ponies!” Rainbow yelled.

“Remember, that my world is different than your world. Most people have no qualms with killing others. Humans are the only sentient species on the planet. It involves stuff like the theory of evolution, and Darwin, and how fun it would be to punch Hitler.” They all looked confused at my joke, but I still smiled. Suddenly, a thought occurred to me. “I told you my age, it would only be fair if you told me all of yours.” They all seemed a bit shocked by this.

“I reckon’ you’re right sugarcube. Me and my friends here are 25 years.” I had a feeling they were around that age.

“Also, just for curiosity sake, how old are Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.” They all looked confused by this.

“They’re each 11 years. Why did you ask?” AJ asked suspiciously.

“I was curious about it back at home.” I noticed a quick black and white blur out of the corner of my eye. “Also, if Applebloom gets paranoid about seeing something that looks like a tree, tell me immediately.” And, they’re confused again, so I decided to explain. “I think Applebloom is being hunted by, or going to be hunted by a very dangerous creature. I have experience with said creature, so I’m probably the only one who can stop it.”

“Why would something try to hurt my sister?” AJ was getting a bit angry.

“I’ll tell you about it in a few years. I can’t do anything about it now, but I swear I’ll keep all the children of Ponyville safe. Even if I have to give my life, EVERY child will be safe.” I said in an angry tone.

“Why do you care so much about the fillies and colts being safe?” Fluttershy meekly asked.

I sighed. “I don’t want anyone to go what I went through. I might never see my family or friend again. For all I know, someone could be hurting my family, and I can do a thing about it. I can’t go back to my universe ‘till all the Connors that came from my universe learn how to control their powers.” They all gave sympathetic words of encouragement to me.

After that, we kept on walking in silence, until Pinkie gasped loudly, and rushed in front of me, bouncing so she meets my face, but still moving forward. Well, backwards for her.

“You said you have a birthday, right!” She said in a very happy voice. I just nod.

“So that means you have birthday parties, right?” I nod again, knowing where this is going.

“So that means I can throw you a birthday party! So you have to tell my your birthday!” She shoved her hoof into my chest to reinforce the point. I just turn my head to look at Rarity.

“What’s the full date?” She took a second to figure out what I meant.

“June 25, 1014 AD” She replied matter of factly.

“What’s the AD stand for?” I had a feeling I knew what it meant.

“No pony really remembers.” She shrugged.

“Probably stands for After Discord. You guys probably also have a BC era, right?” They all nod. “That would probably stand for Before Celestia. It makes a lot of sense.” They all looked confused.

“Who’s Discord?” Rainbow asked.

“You’ll know in the future.” I turn back to Pinkie, who was still staring at me, waiting for an answer. “Alright Pinkie. I’ll only tell you, if you Pinkie Promise to have different flavors of pies there, instead of cake. Deal?” She thought about it for a second, then nodded, and went through the motions. After I nodded, I put my left index finger on her forehead, and gave her the knowledge of when my birthday is. When I was done, Pinkie nodded satisfactorily, and bounced back over to the group.

“Aren’t you going to tell us when your birthday is?” AJ asked.

“I told Pinkie it, I just don’t want the knowledge getting around. Don’t you wonder why I don’t use my last name? Because someone might use the info to find out where my family is, and hurt them to get at me.” They didn’t quite understand.

After spending the rest of the hour walking, to several complaints from Rarity, sneaking by Zecora’s hut, which Pinkie mentioned about how she will probably make up a song about her sometime in the future, and the attacks from creatures that live in this forest. I drove back the timberwolves, Fluttershy sent a chimera off to think about what it did, and the group was almost petrified from a cockatrice, but I was able to replicate a rooster’s crow, which drove it off, turning everyone back to normal. When we finally got to the clearing with CFTDP’s HQ, we huddled in the bushes.

“Alright, here’s the HQ. Now I already have a plan. Pinkie, do you have your party cannon with you?” She nodded, and pulled it out. “Good, now here’s the plan.” I whisper it to all of them, smiles growing on all of our faces, as I go into depth.


/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The surveillance camera slowly turned, keeping a close eye on all of the lobby, watching for anything that could endanger the company and the lives of the various creatures residing in the building, from chimeras to manticores. What caught it’s attention though, was a pink earth pony, walking in, pushing a giant cannon, into the center of the lobby.

The demon eye who was created for the sole purpose of watching all the cameras, watched closely, wondering what the pink pony was planning, before deciding to sound the alarm. Before it could activate it though, a cyan blue blur stopped it, and with a quick blue pulse from the bracelet on it’s arm, knocked the eye out for several hours. The figure walked up to the screens, and radioed in that it was in position. It received an affirmative, before sitting back, and keeping an eye on all the cameras, making sure her team knew where all the baddies were at.

Through the view of the camera, the pink pony said in a loud voice; “Time to PARTY!” Right as she said that, she activated the cannon, and a giant cake flew out of it, landing perfectly on the ground. A second later, a lone figure jumped out from the top of the cake, jumping through the air above the cake, and somehow had gotten two large stun plasma rifles out of nowhere, and starting expertly shooting at all the creatures in the room, except for the pink pony. When it landed, all the other creatures in the room were shot by the guns, and now knocked out for several hours. The creature then looked around, then spoke.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

“Alright guys, coast is clear.” I said, as the others jumped out of the cake. First Fluttershy jumped out, well, pushed out. Then AJ and Rarity came out. Luckily the cake was hollow, so we Rarity’s vanity wouldn’t ruin the plan. Pinkie joined us from the other side of the cake and the ponies all looked around at the bodies.

“Connor, di..did you kill them?” Fluttershy asked, with a tone of sadness in her voice.

“Nope, I used some weapons to make them pass out for a few hours. Now come on lets go.” I motioned for them to follow me.

We quickly made our way to the glass elevators, and got in. While it was taking us to the upper levels, the others looked very interested in the elevator, and Pinkie was interested in the music. “What is this? I feel like I’m moving.” AJ asked.

“Because you are. It’s an elevator. We’re moving by strong wires, which have to do with pulleys and stuff like that. If they knew we where here, the elevator would be stopped, or even cut down by the CEO of this building.” I stopped talking when the elevator was getting close to the floor the next part of my plan was on. I heard voices coming up, and I knew there were two baddies on the other side of the door we were going to exit from.

I motioned the others to stay back, as the door opened, and the griffon security guard got kicked back by my falcon kick, getting knocked out when he hit the wall. I turned to face the other guard, and realized that it was a full grown minotaur. I gulped, before dodging out of the way from his charge attack. He quickly turned around, and charged again. This time I jumped onto his head, pulled back on his horns, and flipped him onto the group before delivering a quick punch onto his head, knocking him out. I heard the alarms in the building go off and I looked to see another griffon near the alarms. I rushed forward, faster than sound, and knocked her out.

I gestured for the others to follow me, as we ran to the security room, to pick up something. After a minute of running, knocking out the guards as we ran, we arrived at the security room, and opened the door to see the fallen bodies of security guards, surrounding Rainbow. I quickly scanned her, making sure she was okay, before destroying all the screens in this room, to prevent them from knowing our location. We ran out of the room, and starting running up the stairwells, ‘till we got to the top floor.

I kicked open the door, and noticed the group of 95 guards of different races all looking at me, ready to fight. I walked forward a bit, and cracked my neck, before putting my fists up, and spoke. “You know what the opposite of overwhelmed is? Because that’s exactly what I’m feeling right now?” I smiled, as they all charged at once.

Two minutes later, the guards are all on the ground, knocked out, and a few had broken limbs. I turned around to see my friends bound up in chains, with the five guards I didn’t fight standing over all of their bound bodies. “Give up, and your friends might live.” A griffon with an eyepatch said, holding a knife to Rainbow’s throat. The others looked at me, shaking their heads.

“You’ll kill them anyways, if I give up.” I said. “Might as well choose the option where they have the higher chance of living.” The griffon frowned for a second, trying to figure out what option I’m choosing as I quickly grabbed the four knives a nearby guard’s body had, and threw them each at the other four guards, the handle hitting them each on the head fast enough to knock them all out. Mr. Eyepatch scowled, and drove his knife into Rainbow’s neck.

What he didn’t expect, is when no blood came out, only sparks, and Rainbow’s eyes dimmed until the pupils and irises were no longer visible. “What the?” He said backing away from the body as a bright light flashed on my hands, and I threw a certain Rainbow pony right at him, knocking him out.

Rainbow landed on the ground, and started unbinding the others. After we finished unbinding everyone, Rainbow looked over the robot that looked like her, and asked. “How did you know that would happen Connor?”

I smiled. “I plan for almost everything.” I picked up the robot, and with a flash, it was in my backpack.

“Can you make robots like that of all of us?” Rarity asked after making sure her mane was in pristine condition.

“I found robot versions of all of you in my backpack.” And a robot Twilight as well. “Anyways, the CEO’s room is right beyond that door. Let’s finish this.” We walked into the room.

When we walked into the room, it looked like a stereotypical evil guy’s room, with the ominous lighting, and the desk, with the swivel chair. There was a bar on one of the walls, and an interior golf course on the other. “Why Connor. So nice of you to join us.” The creature in the chair said.

“I have no idea who you are, or why you like to kill ponies, but you need to stop.” I said in a very serious tone.

“Why Connor, I’m surprised.” He said in a mock tone. “We’ve fought for many years, and you don’t remember one of your greatest enemies?” I have several enemies?

“I have only been here for a few days. We have never meet before.” I said.

“Oh, so your future is my past. Makes sense. Well then, allow me to introduce myself.” His chair slowly spun around so we could see him, and we all gasped. “My name, is Doctor Malicious.”

“You’re a...a.” AJ started to say.

“You’re a human.” I finished.

He sarcastically clapped. “Good! Good, you know what I am.” He put his hands on his desk, and stood up. “You may consider me to be the, Lex Luthor to your Superman and his Justice League.” He gestured to my friends. “I kill ponies because they are an inferior race. They have all this power, and they don’t use it. ‘Princess’ Celestia could kill all the other races to prevent her little ponies from being hurt. She could become an empress, but she doesn’t. And that’s what makes her weak.” He looked my right in the eyes. “And you. Yes you. The all-powerful Cosmic King Connor. I try to kill you, because you have all that power, and you use it to almost full potential. But you waste your time protecting others. I want to kill you so I can take your powers, and control every single universe. I want to be the Cosmic Emperor.” This guy is crazy.

“That’s crazy. If you kill me, you don’t get my powers. They go to the next person worthy of them.” He had a crazy smile on his face that would make the Joker think twice.

“Yes, and who’s more worthy of those powers, than me! Someone who will make sure people are safe, by killing the evil and keeping a tight grip on everyone to make sure they are safe.” That settles it, he is insane.”

“Too bad, we’re going to stop you punk!” Rainbow said, getting angry that he’s talking about one of her friends like that.

“I’d think twice if I were you.” He said, pushing a button on his desk, making the desk go down into the ground, and a small cage comes up, showing a familiar pony.

“Scootaloo!” Me and Rainbow yell at the same time. Scootaloo was badly beaten. Her body was bruised, her wings were broken, and she had a black eye. Before either of us could charge forward and free her, Dr. M had a familiar weapon in his hand, pointing it at Scootaloo. I quickly stopped Rainbow.

“So you do recognize this weapon Connor?” He grins, and I slowly nod.

“It’s a pistol.” I said through gritted teeth.

“You’re probably wondering, how I caught Scootaloo. Well, as it turns out, none of you were in Ponyville earlier, so there was no one to defend the school children from my henchmen.” I had to resist the urge to blow up his head.

“If you killed any of those innocent children, I WILL END YOU!” Surprisingly, Fluttershy spoke out, using the stare on him. He just laughed.

“The stare has no effect on me!” He laughed for a few more minutes, before looking at us again. “So, what are you going to do Connor?”

“What makes you think I can’t stop the bullet before it reaches her?” He just smiled again.

“Easy, this.” He points the barrel of the gun at me, and I suddenly felt incredibly afraid, as I took a few steps back, with tears in my eyes, before falling onto my knees and holding myself up with my hands. Fluttershy quickly checks up on me to make sure I’m okay.

“What did you do to him!” Fluttershy said with anger in her voice. He just smiled.

“Connor never told you? Well, as it turns out, this is the same kind of weapon that originally killed him. So he now, and perhaps forever has an incredible fear of pistols being pointed at him.

“How could that little weapon kill somepony? Especially somepony like Connor?” Rainbow said.

He didn’t say anything, but by the time he pointed the gun at Scootaloo, I felt some strength return to me, but wasn’t able to get up quick enough to stop the loud bang, as the bullet pierced Scootaloo’s skull, instantly killing her.

Time seemed to move in slow motion, as my friends tried to comprehend what just happened, as the gun started to point at them. I felt anger rising up in me. I let her die! I should have made sure no one would have been captured! I let her die! I should have been fast enough! I let her die! My fears prevented me from saving her! I LET HER DIE!!! With a loud scream of rage that shattered all the windows, and a bright flash of light almost blinded everyone in the room, I released all of his anger as power.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

When the light cleared, everyone looked at Connor, expecting him to be in his Cosmic Form. What they didn’t expect, was instead of his Cosmic Form, his entire body was a blood red color. His eyes still glowed a bright golden yellow they did in his Cosmic Form, but they showed anger and hatred at Dr. M, instead of Connor’s usual calm, happy, but filled with sadness look, or his Cosmic Form’s slightly angry, but calm, and lawful look in his eyes.

Connor starting walking towards Dr. Malicious. Dr. M quickly held up his pistol, firing it several times at Connor, but the bullets had no effect on him as Connor kept walking forward, until the Doctor was trapped against the wall. “Mercy.” Was all he said before Connor punched him in the face, shattering his entire skull. Malicious quickly dropped to the ground, and crawled away from him. Connor walked up to him again, but was too slow, as Malicious pressed a button and the building’s self-destruct protocol was activated. Malicious just chuckled as Connor kicked him in the face, hard enough to knock him out.

Connor turned around, to see the worried faces of his friends, before he turned back into his normal form. “Self-destruction in 30 seconds.” Connor quickly ran over to Scootaloo’s cage, opened it and grabbed her body, and put her in his backpack temporarily. He ran over to his friends.

“Connor! What do we do!” Rainbow asked, seemingly understanding what’s happening.

“I have an idea. I hope it works.” Connor quickly grabbed Rainbow out of the air, and put her on his back. He threw Pinkie onto his head, and AJ onto his back as well. He then, picked up Rarity and Fluttershy in his arms and ran over to one of the windows. “Everyone. Hold on!” He jumped out of the window, and started falling as the building started to blow up.

Everyone was screaming, except for Pinkie, who seems to enjoy the prospect of almost dying, and Connor, who was seeing everything in incredible slow motion with his powers, as he tried to find a way to make sure the others don’t die from the fall. He went through every possible calculation, trying to figure out how to escape this scenario, suddenly, it dawned upon him.

Right before they hit the ground, Connor jumped again, immediately stopping his fall and allowing he and his friends to land safely. One they all jumped off of him, Connor pulled Scootaloo out of his backpack, and put her on the ground. Everyone gather around as Connor kneeled down, put his hands together, and moved them in opposite directions faster than the speed of sound. He did this two more times, as his hands filled with Cosmic energy.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

“I only have three chances at this. She might survive.” I said to the others, as I put my hands on her side, and sent one burst of energy into her, healing the wounds she had, and removing the bullet. I sent another burst into her, but nothing happened. I then clenched my teeth hard enough to cut through adamantium and sent the final pulse through Scootaloo’s body.

After removing my hands, I waited a second, but to my dismay, no heartbeat. The others started crying when they saw the tears going down my face. I looked up, to see a black-robed humanoid figure with a scythe. “Please, take my life to replace hers.” It thought about it for a second, while the others tried to figure out who I was talking to. “I deserve death more than her. I escaped you before, please, restore her life, and take mine instead.” It nodded, before shooting some energy into Scootaloo, reviving her, then started absorbing my life energy.

I felt my life slipping through my fingers, as my body starting to go through all the near-death experiences I have had. I felt my bones break apart, and my flesh melt and cut, as the others looked on in fear. After a minute of dealing with the extraordinary pain, I felt a hole appear in my head, and then another in my chest. Suddenly I realized something, and started standing up.

“You’re not Death. Death changes shape to fit the inhabitants he is taking life from, but you were a human while taking Scootaloo’s life. You’re an illusion.” I felt my body return to normal, as I noticed the others taking notice of the creature. I quickly fired some energy into it, destroying it, and looked over to see a perfectly healthy Scootaloo. I then just fell onto my back and took deep breaths.

“What in tarnation was that?” AJ asked.

“That was an illusion created by CFTDP to kill me, by trading my own life. Luckily, I figured it out, and me and Scootaloo got to walk away with both of our lives.” Speaking of Scootaloo, she jumped on me, and nuzzled my chest in thanks.

“Thanks for saving my life Connor. Sorry for getting captured.” I patted her mane in return.

“It’s okay. Do you know what happened to the other kids?” I asked in a worried tone.

“I don’t think anypony else was captured, or anypony died.” I sighed, and got up, holding Scootaloo in my arms.

“We should probably head back.” Everyone nodded, but before we could walk away, I heard a familiar laughing. I turned around, and saw the badly hurt body of Dr. Malicious.

“So it seems you survived the illusion Connor. Well good for you.” He sarcastically clapped again. “Good thing I have one more trick up my sleeve.” He pressed a button he had hidden in his hand, and a bomb activated in the rubble. “I just activated a bomb, filled with Cosmic energy, that will destroy everything within a 100 mile radius. Including you. If I can’t have your powers, neither can you.” He laughed one more time, before falling down, and dying.

I quickly put Scootaloo on the ground, and ran over to the rubble, jumping into it, much to everyone’s dismay. After about five seconds of digging, I found the bomb, and noticed it had a timer on it, going down from 45 seconds. I tried hacking it, but it wouldn’t stop. Once it got to 10 seconds left, I picked it up, and flew out of the rubble.


/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

We all wait around the rubble of that building of evil ponies that foalnapped me, hoping Connor will come out of it with the disabled bomb. After waiting around half a minute, Connor quickly flew out of the rubble, and starting flying up, leaving a purple trail behind him as he flew up and up. I leaned over to my idol Rainbow Dash, and asked. “What’s Connor doing?”

Rainbow Dash quickly realized what was happening, which made her so awesome. “He can’t deactivate it, he must be trying to get it away from the planet.”

“But won’t he get hurt by doing so?” Rainbow Dash just wrapped her wing around me and pulled me close, without saying anything. I looked back up to see the fading purple trail keep on going up. After a few more seconds, a loud booming sound was heard as I saw a large explosion happen in space. I felt tears form in my eyes as I imagined that Connor died.

I cried into Rainbow Dash’s shoulders, realizing that Rainbow Dash was tearing up too. I looked to see Applejack and Rarity comforting Fluttershy, and a flat-maned Pinkie, looking at the ground, sobbing. I took one look back up, to notice that the explosion was fading, and before I could look away, I noticed a figure falling through the sky.

“Rainbow Dash! Look!” I yelled and pointed my hoof at the falling figure, which was starting to burn up, and I noticed that the others looked as well, as we watched it crash into the Everfree with a loud bang. I quickly ran into the forest, towards the crater, while the others followed me.

After almost a minute of running, we made it to the crater. I looked down and saw the mangled and burnt body of Connor. I quickly ran down the edge, but I tripped and fell down to the bottom. I moved over to his body, and nudged his left arm. “Connor?” I asked, not hearing anything.

While the others were coming down into the crater, I heard Fluttershy mention that he wasn’t regenerating. Tears starting coming down my face like a waterfall. I got up onto his chest, and starting pounding on it. “Wake up! Wake up!” My pounds weren’t doing anything, so I started to pound harder. “Please wake up! I don’t want to lose anypony else. Please.” I stopped pounding and just laid onto his chest, silently crying.

After a few seconds, I heard a sound. My head perked up. “What was that?” The others looked at me.

“What was what Sugarcube? You hear something?” I nodded.

“It sounded like a small beat, I was barely able to hear it.” They all looked confused.

“I’m sorry sugarcube, I didn’t hear anything.” I just laid my head back down.

“Maybe it was just my imagination.” I sighed.

Thud

“There it was again.” They all looked worried, as I realized something. I put my ear against Connor’s chest, and listened.

Thud

“I heard it! It’s his heart beat! It’s slow but I think it’s there.” After I said this, a look of realization went across Fluttershy’s face.

“I remember! Connor said he doesn’t heal when asleep. He must be unconscious or something!” Fluttershy said.

“How do we wake him up?” I asked, and Rainbow Dash walked over.

“Let me show you how a pro does it.” She flew up, and quickly punched him in the gut, hard.

“Rainbow! What in Equestria are you doing?” Applejack asked as she grabbed Rainbow Dash’s tail, and pulled her back.

“Relax AJ, the past two days, I have been waking up Connor like that. Squirt, check his pulse.” I nodded and ran over, placing my ear on his chest.

Thud

“It’s there but I think it’s slower than before.” Rainbow Dash suddenly had a worried look on her face.

“If any of you could generate a little electricity into my body, it would be much appreciated.” We all looked around for the voice.

“Who’s there!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Right here Rainbow. In the arm.” We all looked at Connor’s right arm. “There you go. So I’m the AI I put in my arm.” I noticed how it sounds like a more metallic version of Connor’s voice. “So, Rainbow, can you please get a cloud or something and put some electricity into my body, it should wake me up. I’m in a coma, and usually electricity will wake me up, depending on how serious the condition is.” Rainbow Dash looked worried.

“But I can’t get a cloud, we are in the Everfree, the clouds move on their own.” The arm just sighed.

“Have you ever tried to move one of the clouds?” Rainbow Dash shook her head. “Than you should at least try.” She flew off, and a minute later, pushed a cloud above his body.

“Ready?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yes.” The arm responded, and she hit the cloud, sending electricity down, onto his body, causing it to arc up and spasm.

After a few seconds of spasming, Connor shot forward, breathing heavily, as his body starting healing itself. I jumped onto him to give him a hug, with tears in my eyes, and he returned the hug. “Thank Celestia, you’re alive.”

“I wouldn’t have been alive if you didn’t notice my heartbeat. Thank you for paying attention.” We hugged for a few more minutes, before I let him go and he received hugs from the others.

After everypony gave him a hug and told him how glad they were that he was alive, Applejack decided to ask the question.

“Connor, how did you survive that explosion? That doctor guy said it would’ve killed you, and anything else in a 100 mile radius.” Connor just nodded.

“The bomb was filled with Cosmic energy, which in such concentration, would disrupt my body, which is made entirely of Cosmic energy, and I think I would die.” We all gasped, and I saw Connor rolling his eyes. “But if you really want to know what happened.”

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

As I flew up, higher and higher with the bomb in hand, I watched the countdown I had on my HUD that my arm gives me. I’ve been using too much energy, and can’t even go faster than light.

nine

I made it to the stratosphere.

eight

Ozone layer.

seven

Almost out of the atmosphere.

six

I got out of the atmosphere.

five

Just a bit farther.

four

This should do. I reared my hands back.

three

I threw the bomb.

two

I turned around as fast as I could, not used to zero-gravity.

one

I flew away, and felt a surge of Cosmic energy behind me as I tried to get back to the planet as quick as possible. I made a good distance before getting caught in the explosion, pushing me back into the atmosphere, and making me pass out from the pain.

Present Time

“And when I woke up, with the electricity, it was rather painful. Well, the wounds were painful, the electricity was just more of a small jolt.” I was retelling my tale, as we walked through the Everfree. for some reason, I was carrying Scootaloo.

“How were you able to breathe up there? I thought the oxygen runs out the higher you go.” Rainbow asked.

“Remember CGR?” They all flinched except for Scootaloo who wasn’t there. “Yeah, the environment I’m in determines my change. In space, my lungs switch to not breathe oxygen, underwater, I form gills. Stuff like that.”

“What about a water bubble in space?” Pinkie asked. At least her mane is back to normal.

“My lungs wouldn’t breathe oxygen.” Pinkie just reacted like that was the most amazing thing ever.

After several more minutes of walking, we arrived at the edge of the Everfree, and walked out, seeing Cheerilee talking to three guards about monsters from the Everfree foalnapping one of her students. The guards quickly noticed me, and ran up, spears at the ready. “Drop the filly, monster!” One guard said with venom in his voice.

My response was to just walk past them, without any emotion on my face. I walked up to Cheerilee, and put Scootaloo on the ground. “Here you go Cheerilee. Scootaloo is now safe. Are the others okay?”

“Oh thanks Celestia, you’re okay Scootaloo. I was worried those monsters hurt you. And thank you Connor for saving Scootaloo.” I gave a smile. “Don’t worry, no other fillies and colts were foalnapped, we just have some bruises.” I sighed in relief at that. “So, why did those monsters foalnap her?” Before I could speak, one of the guards pulled me over with their magic, and Scootaloo decided to tell the story to Cheerilee.

“Why did you foalnap that filly, monster!” The unicorn said, still holding me in his magic.

“I didn’t. I was bringing Scootaloo back FROM being kidnapped, or foalnapped, or whatever you call it.” He didn’t look convinced. I looked over at the others who were talking to the pegasus guard.

“Likely story monster. You’re coming with us to Canterlot to see Princess Celestia.” He said, pulling me along. When they weren’t looking, I gave out a big smile, at the thought of some mischief I could do.

“No! Not Celestia! I’m telling you I’m innocent!” I said in the most overly dramatic voice I had. The earth pony guard looks at me.

“Well, then. If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.” I smiled that.

“Mr. Krabs told me it was just considered borrowing! I didn’t mean to pop the balloon!” They both looked at each other before looking back and noticing that I was no longer in the magic, and was walking back to the group.

When I got back to the group. The others were done talking to the third guard and Scootaloo was still talking to Cheerilee. “HALT” I didn’t react. “HALT” The two guard said again.

I turned around to look at the two guards. “My name is not Halt.” I said in a serious voice. “And considering what you two are doing, you guys are the criminals.” I suddenly had a scroll in my hands. “First; public racism, against a Cosmic King I might add. Second; kidnapping of said person. Third.” I gave a smile at the two of them. “Being robots designed by CFTDP” They both gulped as they quickly turned into their robot forms.

They both jumped at me, which I dodged, kicking the head off of one, into the body of the other, killing both of them. I quickly disintegrate both bodies and the head. I look over to see the others fighting back the third bot. Before I can run over to help, Rainbow kicked the head off of it, and then I disintegrated the robot. “Are you guys okay?” They all nodded. I walked over to Scootaloo and Cheerilee, to make sure they were okay.

Scootaloo seemed to finish the story and ran over to me. I crouched down and petted her mane. “You be safe now okay? Don’t get kidnapped again.” She nodded and ran off. I stood up and looked at a smiling Cheerilee. “So what did she tell you?”

“She told me some ridiculous story about how she was killed by a device and then you brought her back to life, and then you took a bomb into space so no one would die, but you almost died in the process. Then she noticed you were still alive and your arm told everyone how to wake you up.” She took a breath. “That filly has some serious imagination.”

“Yeah, actually, all that actually happened.” Cheerilee’s smile dropped. “Yeah, that device she mentioned, it’s a human invention. They used it to kill themselves countless times.” Cheerilee flinched back. I looked at the sun, and noticed how late it was. “Sorry, I have to go. It’s getting late.” She nodded and I started walking back to Ponyville.

On the way, I came across the others. “Hey guys. Thanks for coming with me to help me against CFTDP.” They all looked confused.

“But we didn’t really help you at all. You could have done all that by yourself.” AJ pointed out.

“You helped me in more ways than I realized. Having you guys there helped boost my confidence. And in the tower, I might have killed Malicious, if I didn’t see you guys and change back to normal.” I sighed. “I could have killed him. But having friends can help me control my powers. I once watched a TV show, and in it someone who usually travels with a companion, but when he doesn’t, he loses his common sense, and one time, tried to change the past. I’m worried that I might start killing to permanently get rid of problems, and so no one will be harmed anymore.” I sighed.

“Speaking of losing control, what was that thing you did earlier? Where you were all red?” Rainbow asked.

“Remember the other day, when that one pony tried to brainwash me to attack all of you?” They nodded. “When I was being brainwashed, I felt incredible rage. I don’t think it left me when I took control, I just bottled it up, so I think whenever I get seriously angry, I will change into that instead of my Cosmic form.”

“How did you learn to fight like that?” Rainbow asked. “I mean I may be a black belt in karate, but you were able to take down that entire group of 100” I corrected her. “95 guards, in a few minutes.” I chuckled.

“I don’t really know how to fight. Sure, some Connors learn how to fight in different universes, but I don’t.” They all looked confused. “My powers are based off my imagination. So most of what I do, is because of a memory. I fought those guards like how I remember in a video game. If I were to learn how to fight, I would probably be a lot stronger.”

We kept walking and talking about stuff that happened earlier, and when we got to Ponyville, we started going our separate ways, waving goodbye to each other. As I started walking to my house, I notice I’m being followed.

“Sweetie Belle, why are you following me?” I heard a surprised squeak as Sweetie Belle walked out of the shadows over to me, and I crouched down to face her better.

“Sorry Connor. It’s just that...” She quickly jumped up and gave me a hug. “Thanks for saving my friend Scootaloo.” She jumped off and ran away.

I stood back up, and walked back to my house. That was really awkward. These ponies are much more affectionate than humans. I would not be surprised if someone makes a virus that will spread quickly around ponies due to how affectionate they are and how they use their hooves for everything.

Once I got to my house, I put my backpack against the wall, went into the kitchen, grabbed some food, and ate silently to myself. When I was done, I just walked upstairs to my bed, and fell asleep. “What an interesting day.” I muttered to myself.

Author's Note:

So, my next chapter's done. Sorry about the long wait, I was busy a lot of the time with Christmas stuff. By the way, Happy Late Holidays to everyone. In case anyone was wondering about how often I mentioned a pony was confused, it will play a part in the future. So far, Creatures For The Destruction of Ponies has been eliminated. But what about the mention of other bad guys that Connor has? Learn more on the next chapter of The Cosmic King.

PreviousChapters Next