• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,019 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,019

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19 - After-Effects

I walked back and forth, unable to keep calm as worrying thoughts kept on going through my mind. After another minute, a doctor came out of the room, and looked at me. “Your friends will make a full recovery. You may see them now.” I gave a quick smile before pushing open the doors to see my six friends each in a hospital bed, all next to each other.

Rainbow Dash had casts on her forehooves, but most of her body was okay after the fight. Fluttershy’s head was in a cast, but her eyes were visible for some reason. Pony magic I guess. Applejack and Rarity both had bandages wrapped around their barrels, and some around their legs. Twilight’s horn was covered by a bandage. Pinkie’s mane was flat, and she had some bandages on her. Once I walked into the room, they all noticed me, and they all looked some measure happier.

“How are you all doing?” I asked in a worried tone. After making sure they were all okay, I grabbed a nearby chair, before sitting down in an area I could see all of them,and they could all see me.

“Connor, who was that pony?” Twilight asked, and I just gave a small sigh.

“That was God. He was the Cosmic King before me. While he started out good, he turned out to be evil as the power corrupted him. He forced my race to obey him, and killed anyone who was different at all. If they were homosexual or even of a different color, he killed them.” They all gasped at the thought. “He was so power hungry, that he knew that if he was killed, the Cosmic King position would go to his son. So he sent his son down to Earth, without teaching him the abilities he needed, and humans killed him under orders of God. God was eventually killed by someone called the Universe Lord.”

“Who’s the Universe Lord?” Twilight asked.

“The Universe Lord is someone who had great power, and wanted more. So when one of the earliest Cosmic Kings was around, he was able to kill them, by being such an overwhelming force, that the Cosmic King had to merge with every single version of themselves from every possible universe they were in. But the Universe Lord was still too powerful, and permanently killed the Cosmic King, absorbing the powers, hoping to become Cosmic King. But it doesn’t work like that. You have to be chosen to have the powers. But every time there is a new Cosmic King, Universe Lord hunts them down, and kills them, absorbing their energy and becoming stronger. Luckily every Cosmic King is stronger than the last.” I said with another sigh.

“So if this ‘Universe Lord’ killed that God person you fought, how were you fighting him?” AJ asked.

“God was a sneaky guy, he probably had some sort of plan that let him survive the death. I’m glad I was able to kill that jerk.” I said, still trying to figure out how he survived.

“Will the Universe Lord come after you too?” Twilight asked.

I nod. “I don’t know how long it would take, but he will find me. I doubt I would be able to fight him. If Cosmic Kings combined with themselves from every single universe weren’t able to defeat him, how will a kid who only has a third of the power they were supposed to have defeat the Universe Lord?”

“Don’t worry Connor. We won’t let you let such a meanie pants beat you easily.” Pinkie said, but with a small tone of depression in her voice.

“Pinkie’s right. You have always risked your life to save us, I think the favor has to be returned at some point.” Twilight continued.

“Thanks for the offer, but if you weren’t able to beat God, how will you beat the Universe Lord?” The ponies thought about it for a second before replying.

“The Elements of Harmony!” Twilight suggested. After Twilight suggested this, I had to resist bursting out laughing.

“The Elements won’t work on it. Universe Lord isn’t an idiot, it would get out of the way of the blast, and attack while we’re vulnerable.” Twilight looked saddened by what I said.

“Hey Connor?” Rainbow spoke up. “How were you able to defeat God?”

“I used memories of my past to attack him. I used attacks that work in video games, and just applied them to the battle. I used Lucario’s counter-attack to deliver damaged back to him. The Master Sword to combat his Holy Sword. DBZ, Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter to stun him long enough. And I used Seismic Toss to damage him enough to deliver one final blow to weaken him enough to kill him. I used the Falcon Punch to get him to fall down, too weak to do anything else. Then I snapped his neck.” I sighed, putting my head into my hands, letting out some tears. “I killed him. I don’t want to kill anyone! No hero would kill anyone. I was able to refrain from killing when I first got my powers, and I was beyond angry at that point.”

At this point, I was almost sobbing. The ponies looked like they were shocked to see a person who has powers that rival any other, crying over a small death. I started speaking again. “I know that if I didn’t kill him, he would have come back, and I might have not been able to defeat him again. Sometimes, I forget that I’m only a teenager given the powers of a god.”

After a few more seconds, I managed to stop crying, and I looked up to see the ponies were still shocked. AJ spoke up before the others could. “I forgot that you’re just a youngling. It’s just that you don’t act like it.”

I let out a small chuckle. “Well I had to mature quickly once I got my powers. Plus seeing every single possible universe kinda starts to make you darker when you watch your friends die over and over again. My personality has changed drastically since I’ve got my powers. I miss my family.” I said solemnly, before I sensed something wrong on the other half of the universe. I got up, and walked out of the room, before walking out to a balcony, and jumping off, creating a portal on the ground a second before I impact it.


A day later, I jump out of another portal on the same balcony, before walking back to check on my friends. When I arrived at their room, I found out that they were dismissed in the morning, and a guard found me, telling me Celestia wanted to see me in the throne room.

After another minute of walking, I arrived at the throne room, finding it repaired. Celestia was sitting on her throne, leaving me to wonder when Luna will come back. All I know is that she’s somewhere getting used to how things work now.

“Connor, good to see you again.” Celestia said in a slightly cheerful tone.

“Well, you did call for me. Now may I ask why you needed me?” I said, still depressed over God’s death. I know other Connor’s deal with death much better, probably due to the fact that they are in the universes where they need to kill. But in this universe, I don’t need to kill.

“Follow me.” Celestia simply stated and walked to another room. I followed her, not saying anything. After about a minute, we arrived at some big doors, that led to that big outside balcony thing that Celestia probably gives speeches on.

Celestia motioned for me to wait, before walking out, and speaking to the crowd. Due to my powers, I could hear everything being said.


As Celestia came out onto the balcony to address the crowd, all the creatures, ponies, griffons, the occasional dragon and minotaur, and even disguised changelings all went silent to hear what the Princess of the sun had to say about the battle at Canterlot.

Once everyone was quiet, Celestia spoke up. “Citizens of Equus, you have all come today to find out about the attack on Canterlot the other day. It was caused by a creature of ultimate power, who killed without mercy, and forced every creature he came across to bow down to him, in fear of being killed.” Several creatures began talking to each other about this fact. “This creature’s name was God. And he would have ruled over all of Equus if it wasn’t for the actions of one individual.” All the ponies gasped, expecting to hear that the Elements of Harmony stopped him.

“This individual has saved this planet several times by now. But he has never asked for a reward, nor to be recognized. But now, due to his actions, every living creature on Equus can breath easily, without fear of being killed for not following God’s beliefs. I believe that all of Equus should learn the face of the hero, who fought against God, even with overwhelming odds. So, today I introduce you all to the hero, Cosmic King Connor!” As Celestia said this, Connor took this as the cue to walk forward.

As all the creatures gasped at the surprise of the looks of this strange creature who saved their lives, Connor stood on the balcony, no emotion showing through his face. Celestia spoke up, continuing her speech. “Connor, for your actions in saving Equestria, and the ponies of Equestria, I would like to reward you with the Equestrian Medal of Valor.” As Celestia said this, she pulled over a small box with a medal in it, showing Celestia and Luna’s cutie marks in a yin and yang style.

Connor picked up the medal, before walking forward so all those who have gathered here could see as he held up the medal, and all the creatures cheered. As Connor felt his broken heart get repaired, because he saw the happy faces of the creatures he saved by stopping God, an idea went through his head.

With a quick burst of power, a bolt of lightning struck down straight on the medal, causing everyone to gasp as Connor and the medal were surrounded in a bright flash of light. When the light cleared, standing in Connor’s place was a form of pure Cosmic Energy, a form that inspires hope in many, and fear in others. A form that has become a symbol for peace across the multiverse. With Connor’s voice, augmented with his powers, he let out a phrase that will be remembered in the years to come, as challenges will be faced that will become progressively stronger, pushing Connor to his limits.

“For Equestria! For Equus! For the universe!”

Author's Note:

I mostly made this chapter for a few reasons. One was so Connor could have a small break before heaving to do anything serious again. Two was so creatures of Equus could know Connor. Three was to explain about a creature Connor has to fight in the future. And four was to pester Connor with reporters.

PreviousChapters Next