• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 8,028 Views, 337 Comments

The Cosmic King - Theyellowninja13



A teenager with the powers of a god get sent to Equestria. But his enemies are just as powerful, and the world is constantly put in danger. Can he save the ponies from himself and his enemies?

  • ...
47
 337
 8,028

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 41 - The Grand Galloping Gala

I heard some knocks on my door, as I looked in the mirror in my bathroom, and was fixing up my bow tie. "Who is it?" I call out.

"It's me!" I heard Luna's voice call out, and I took one last look at my reflection, making sure I still look good. The Grand Galloping Gala is upon us, and I'm wearing a suit that Rarity made for me. It's mostly the same color as my energy (Cosmic Purple, as I call it), and it had a golden yellow undershirt. I had a purple top hat and I used my energy to make a long purple cane with a gold top. All in all, I looked like the cheesiest guy since Willy Wonka. I mean seriously, a purple suit. Yeah, it's the color of my energy, and I like the color, but even I had to admit I looked silly wearing this. I liked it. Reminds me of before I got my powers. I rarely get a moment to act like my original childish self.

"What do you want?!" I replied.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

I chuckled. "Nope. You'll have to wait like everyone else." By that, I mean I was going to show up at the Gala, and she'd have to wait until I arrive. I haven't seen her yet either, so I don't know how she's going to appear. I haven't looked in her direction, so I can't see her through the walls. I have to look into a way to selectively choose what vision to use. It gets annoying seeing skeletons, and muscle, and skin, and thermal readings, etc., every time I look at someone.

"But Connor!" I heard her moan, and I smiled, before walking over to a nearby table, and grabbing the weapon on it, before attaching it to my left wrist. It was a hidden blade I recently built, and am bringing just because I like having multiple weapons on me.

"No means no. It's only for half an hour. You can wait." I could feel her be sad, before she started to walk away.

"Oh, Connor? One more thing. Lose the hidden blade." She said, before walking away. I stood there shocked. 'How did she know?' I took the blade off, but kept the nuclear reactor shooter on the other side of my wrist. You never know when you need to blow up everything within a hundred mile radius. Not that I'd have a good chance of surviving either. Murphy could survive, and get stronger from it, due to the destruction, but a nuke has a pretty good chance of ending my life. Hard to regenerate when you have the very energy that makes up your being lose the bonds that keep it together. Basically, nuclear radiation can cause Cosmic Cancer, if you want the short version of it. But I also have a good chance at surviving a nuke too.


I walked down the hallway, and a guard noticed me, before whispering something to someone behind the door to the place in the castle where the Grand Galloping Gala is taking place. 'That alliteration. I told Celestia that it was a stupid name.' I reached the doors, and the guards opened it for me. I gave them a nod in thanks, before continuing.

When I passed through the door, the guy who's purpose in life (apparently) is to call out the names and titles of the people who arrive. "Now introducing, Cosmic King Connor!" All the ponies in the room all looked over in surprise at that, clearly not expecting me to show up. I quickly surveyed the room, clearly noticing the robots disguised as some ponies, and that one robot disguised as a griffon. The next thing
I noticed was Celestia at the top of the stairs greeting ponies with Twilight.

Smiling, I walked forward, giving a quick nod to Celestia who returned it, before heading down another hallway to the room with the refreshments. "Oh my Celestia! Connor, is that you?" A female voice called out, and a mare quickly walked up to me. "Remember me! Light Blossom?! We graduated high school together!"

I shook my head, before giving a small smile, showing off my teeth. "I'm sorry. I don't. But that makes sense as I never graduated high school." The mare's eyes widened. "In fact, I never graduated from being a sophomore, as I was shot to death." My tone got angry. "So please forgive me for not recognizing someone who clearly was at the same school I went to, even though I went to school in a completely different universe, and there were no ponies there. But, since you were there, I guess you know that, right?"

The mare's eyes widened even more than possible, and quickly shifted about, before looking at something to the side. "Oh, I just remembered I had to do something over there." She booked it out of my vision.

"She seriously thought that would work? Anyone who's a real threat in this universe would know that basic fact, that I never even graduated school." I muttered to myself, before walking to the refreshment table, and pouring myself some wine, before lacing it with some poison. 'What did that guy call this stuff? Basilisk venom?' I shrugged, before gulping down the drink, and recoiling at the taste. 'Yuck! This stuff tastes like Phazon, if Phazon actually tasted terrible! Seriously, I thought that Jarrin root was the most disgusting poison I've ever tasted.' Deciding to keep my dignity, I swallowed, before snapping my fingers, opening a rift in space/time, before pulling out a better poison. I looked at the label on the container, before nodding. 'Phazon. Yep, this is the stuff. Gotta wash this horrible crap off my tongue. That potion seller is really going to be in trouble once I get my hands on him.' I poured the Phazon into my cup, before throwing both the cup and the mutagenic substance into my mouth, and swallowing them both. I chugged down the rest of the Phazon, enjoying the flavor. I've seem to taken a liking to this stuff ever since I got mutated by it in Sam's world. I destroyed the container the Phazon was held it, before dusting off my hands, and heading to the snack table.

I stared at the table of food in stupidity. "This isn't food. This doesn't even qualify as a snack for a young Ponork!" I said in anger. 'This is what happens when uncaring nobles plan parties.'

"I agree with you good sir! How does one expect to get a decent meal with these small things." I heard a familiar voice say from beside me, and I turn to see Fancy pants next to me.

I smiled a bit. "I'm surprised. I thought nobility like yourself would care too much about appearances to insult the food the planners chose."

Fancy Pants chuckled at that. "Well, I'm not quite like most nobility, but I'm sure you knew that already, Connor." Fancy Pants looked me in the eyes, and they glowed a wooden brown, with a small bit of iron grey mixed in.

Quickly looking around, I made sure no one was in close enough proximity, and twirled my hand, using my powers to alter the air around us, by making a bubble around us, and removing the molecules of air, so sound can't pass through the bubble due to losing vibrations. Basically, I turned the air around us (except for the oxygen bubble we're in) into space (yes, that space, the one that planets are in). Impossible to hear in here, means no eavesdropping. Seeing as that was done, I quickly looked back at Fancy Pants, and had to refrain from looking like I'm yelling, or clearly angry.

"What are you doing here?! And why are you Fancy Pants?! You should be dead!" I seethed in between my teeth, having to refrain from killing him on the spot.

'Fancy Pants' chuckled. "You thought Go-mu-je was the only one who thought about ways to survive after being killed, and losing our powers? You'd be surprised about how many before you are still alive, and living normal lives."

"But you're supposed to be dead! All of you are! It was the only way for me to be born!" I was getting angrier, and more cautious.

"Don't worry ol' chap. I was actually relieved to be... well 'relieved' of my position. So after I 'died,' and NorDak came to power, I was revived, without the powers! It was something I designed early on, before being corrupted by the power. Nice job by the way, getting this far without being corrupted." I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"So you've been Fancy Pants this entire time?!" I asked, not believing it, except that I also did.

Dra'kla nodded. "I wanted a fresh start. Sure, the knowledge I got from my position is still seared in my mind, and my work kept me powerful, but I wanted to live a normal life for once. Plus, I've met a nice mare." He said, winking, as he nudged me with his leg. I rolled my eyes.

I quickly thought of a very valid point. "Why this universe? This universe has more Greek mythology in it, which as you know, is my deal, than Norse Mythology, which is your deal. Why not go to Berk, or Skyrim, or something? Stuff with actual nords. I'm the only nord in this world, besides you, and I'm only partially nord. That was before I even got my powers."

"You know how destructive a Norse Mythology world is? We have Ragnarok and all kinds of destructive gods and monsters!" He exclaimed, using his hooves to emphasize.

I just raised my eyebrow. "Oh, really? More destructive than Greek Mythology? Where the entire planet is a creature that hates the gods, and even the sky is a living being? We've got Hades and it's plains of the afterlife, and gods and titans who fight each other. There's a god for everything. Hell, we even have a water that gets rid of memories. Let's not forget about the more ancient titans and beings, like Khaos, Kronos, and even Tartarus itself! Don't get me started on the titans of darkness and fear."

"Okay, you've made your point." He held his hooves up. We both quickly noticed a pony coming up, and to not ruin Dra'kla's life, I deactivated the barrier, before turning to face this pony. It looked to be Fleur Dis Lee. She came up to 'Fancy Pants' and nuzzled his neck, before looking at me. I could see some fear in her eyes, which I don't really take offense to, as my eyes are scary. You know how creepy it is to see someone with bright electric yellow (literally, they do have electricity in them) eyes like mine? Especially staring directly at you.

"You must be King Connor?" Fleur asked, still a little scared.

I nodded. "Yes, but it's actually 'Cosmic King,' that's part of the title."

"I'm sorry." Fleur quickly added, before looking even more nervous. "I didn't mean to offend."

"It's actually not that offensive. I am a king, but the Cosmic part states that my kingdom is multiversal." I responded. I noticed Fleur looked slightly relieved, before turning to Fancy Pants.

"Honey, what were you two talking about?" She asked, curiously. Me and Dra'kla quickly shared eye contact.

Before he could respond, I did. "Oh, Fancy Pants is an old acquaintance of mine." I said, and I saw some relief in his eyes. "We were just catching up. But if you want to have some time with him, I understand." I was about to walk away, but Fleur stopped me.

"Wait! I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that you have a very intimidating presence." She said, and I had to agree with her.

"I get that from time to time." I was getting bored of standing in this area, so I looked at my wrist. "Oh, would you look at the time, I have to meet up with someone in a few minutes. I'm sorry we couldn't talk more, but I have to go." I quickly walked away, and out into the gardens. There didn't seem to be that many ponies out here. I kept walking, until another voice spoke to me.

"Hey handsome." A sultry voice came out, and I just kept walking. I just kept walking until I got to the farthest part of it. There were no ponies here, as the ponies preferred to increase their status, and put down others, instead of admiring the beauty of nature. I put my hands against the rails, and looked out upon the full moon that was closer than it's supposed to be.

"Glad this isn't Bruce Almighty, or this world would be pretty ruined by that action." I said to myself. I sighed, thinking back to my original life. "I've been gone for over a year back home. My entire family most likely thinks I'm dead. Who knows how that affected them? I can't even find that universe! No matter how much I try. It's like it's blocked off from me!"

I averted my gaze from the moon, before looking down at the lake in the distance. "I wish I was able to meet with my family again. Who knows how many times my mother has cried. Or if my dad starting drinking again. I can't even imagine how my brothers were affected. Or how Distan was. I would give almost anything to be with them again."

'Would you give up your powers?' A voice that I haven't heard before spoke in my head. If I were to describe how the voice sound, I'd say... 'Disney evil.'

"Nope. I've always wanted to be someone. To be able to protect my friends, and to be able to adventure." I responded.

'Oh... you sure about that?'

"Yes." I said, rolling my eyes.

'Okay. We'll see ya.' The voice left my mind, and I chuckled a bit.

"I've seen enough movies to know that you never make that kind of deal with a voice like that." I responded, before sighing again, returning to my sadness. "I wish I could see my dogs again. I wonder if they all are okay?" I heard a soft flap of wings, and a small thud from behind me. "Still as graceful as ever Luna?" I asked, before turning around, and being surprised by what I saw.

Luna was clearly dressed up, unlike her sister. Luna was wearing a beautiful night sky blue dress, with several stars and some gems on it. I was even surprised that she had a bit of make-up on. Luna noticed my reaction, and smiled, before walking up to me. "Connor, it is good to see you. What do you think of my dress?" Both of us were never ones for pet names of each other. Probably cause her's is already short, and mine didn't really have a shorter version of it.

I smiled, and responded. "You look beautiful Luna. I didn't expect you to dress up though. Celestia didn't."

Luna blushed a bit. "Well, Tia doesn't have someone to dress up for. And I have to admit, you look stunning as well."

"Well, I tried. I wanted to make this a night to remember, as it's our first gala, as they were created after you were banished, and I never was able to attend due to being in hiding. But I'm not exactly sure I want to go to the next one. These things aren't that interesting. Everyone's a snob just. trying to get more power." We shared a laugh, before I pointed something out that bother me. "But the make-up ruins a bit of your beauty. I can't exactly see 'Miss Warrior Princess' wearing make-up."

Luna crossed her eyes, and looked at her muzzle. "Perhaps you are right. I thought it was a bit too much of stretch, but the royal dressers said it would 'enhance my beauty.'"

"It may work on some, but not all. Have you seen my friend Rarity's cat?" I said with a chuckle, as Luna used her magic to rid herself of the make-up. I looked back to the castle, and noticed that things were starting to pick up, and by that, Pinkie was starting to sing her 'Pony polka song,' or whatever it's called. I smiled when I thought of an idea I wanted to do. "Hey Luna, I have to do something very important. You want to come with me?"

Luna looked curious at that, before smiling and nodding. We quickly walked back to the castle, not running as to no draw attention. Instead of entering through the same way I did, we took a turn and walked a bit farther, until we got to a room with two yellow doors leading to the main gala room I was in earlier. "Mind telling me what you are planning to do?"

"Just wait." I whispered to her.

You tilt your head out

You tilt you head in

'Now!' I opened the door on the right rather forcibly, slamming it into the person behind it. Opening the door, I see Rarity staring at me in shock. "Oh, hello Rarity. How is your night going?"

"Connor?! Do you realize what you've done?!" Rarity panicked, quickly running over to Blueblood, and helping him up. Both Luna and I walk into the room, before closing the door.

"Oh, hello Blueblood." I said with a smirk.

Blueblood instantly recognized my voice, and scowled. "What are you doing here, monkey?"

"Now, that's isn't any way to speak to your great grandfather, is it?" I responded.

Blueblood immediately shut his mouth, before looking down. I could hear him mutter 'monkey.'

"You do realize I'm in no way related to a monkey, right? You're only making yourself look like an idiot." My smile never left my face.

I noticed Blueblood's anger rising, before he burst. "How DARE you speak to me like that you monkey! I am Prince Blueblood! You should show me respect, like the peasant you are!"

Quicker than anyone could blink, my hand was squeezing his throat, and I held him up in the air, as I stare into his eyes. "Call me a monkey one more time." I responded, as my eyes flashed red.

"Y-you wouldn't dare doing anything to me, m-monkey." He wheezed out, smiling, thinking that I couldn't do anything to 'one who is so high up.'

Before Luna could react to that comment, a black flash went across the entire room as thunder was heard directly outside, even though it's a clear night, and Blueblood started screaming in fear. His pupils and irises were gone, and even without them, you could see the unrivaled fear in his eyes. He was so afraid, that he lost control of his bladder. Of course since I was holding him by his neck, his urine would have gotten on me, but I created a portal for the urine to enter, and another for it to exit. But that portal was right next to his head, so he was effectively peeing on himself. Eventually, he stopped screaming, but his eyes were still only white. "You shouldn't have called me a monkey. If I was a human, it would make sense. But I'm a being made of energy. I am in one way related to any kind of monkey, ape, chimp, or anything." I let go of his throat, and Blueblood immediately ran away, going into another room.

I let out a small laugh, before my eyes changed back to normal, and I shook my head, clearing the fog in it. "What did you do to him?" Luna asked.

I turned, and noticed both Luna's curious face, and Rarity's '...what the buck?' face. "After he called me a monkey, I showed him terror. It was enough to temporarily break him, and then I used that moment to affect his mind. I didn't change his ways, as I feel like that would be wrong, but for the next week, he'll ruin his own reputation." I said with a small smile, as I looked through a nearby wall, and see Blueblood sneak up to a mare, before climbing on top of her, and trying to mate with her. It took the idiotic mare a minute to figure out why she was feeling good, before she kicked Blueblood off, and screamed, before Blueblood went on his merry way, with a dopey smile on his face. 'No one likes Blueblood anyway. I could kill him right now if I wanted to.' I looked at my hands. 'No. I won't sink to that level. I may already no longer mind taking a life, but I will only do it to those who deserve it. But what classifies as deserving it? How long until I'm killing those that oppose me?' I shook the thought out of my head. 'No, that's what my weaknesses are for. I set them in so deep, that not even I can get rid of them.'

I looked back up, my mental track only lasting a fraction of a millisecond. 'Gotta love having a super brain.' My slightly good mood faded rapidly, and I quickly ripped the nearby door off it's hinges, before using it to protect both mares next to me from a powerful missile. I shook off the fragments of wood on me, from the now destroyed door. I threw the doorknob to the side, and quickly slammed my head into the charging android. 'I was wondering when they would attack. They seem to be robots that can change their appearance, to a certain limit. Well, fighting humanoids is always better than fighting quadrupeds

The android was dazed from my barbaric attack, and I used that moment, and quickly step forward, and grab it, before chucking it over my body, and using it's momentum to slam it into the ground. I put my foot on the android, before ripping off the arm, and spinning around, stabbing the arm through another attacking one. The second one fell to the ground, spasming before deactivating. I looked at the last two androids, who were staring at me, recording data about me, while still disguised as ponies.

'They're not here to fight me, their objective is to get data on me?' Deciding against letting them, I rushed forward, slamming my fist into their mechanical spines, which disabled both of their pony forms, causing them to become bipedal again. I slammed my knee into the crotch of the one on my right, and grabbed it's head, before slamming my knee into that. My bones quickly shot out of my knee, forming a spike, that impaled the android, and the second I let go of it, it fell to the ground, 'dead.'

I looked to the other android, and quickly grabbed it's neck. "Who created you?"

"You won't live long enough to have any use for the knowledge." The android said, and a high-pitched humming sound came from it's chest. I spared a quick glance, to see that it just activated a powerful Cosmic Bomb. The same kind that I remember experiencing when I took down CFTDP for the first time. I just sighed, as I heard the same humming sounds from the other androids. Quicker than anyone could blink, I grabbed them all, flew out of the galaxy, chucked them as far as I could, and flew back down, unharmed by the explosions.

"JUST WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" I shook when I heard that voice. I quickly turned around to see a very angry Celestia.

"Robots disguised as ponies. One was a Griffon." I said, shrugging. I heard Celestia sigh. Then the scene faded to black.


Far away, somewhere, a monitor beeped. The figure sitting in the chair next to the monitor, turned around, and typed in a few commands. "Perfect. He fell for it. That fool. Not all of them had bombs." The figure let out a loud cackle, one only an insane person could make.

Author's Note:

Can anyone guess what the next chapter is going to be about? Also, I have come to realize, I dislike writing chapters I have to base around an episode.

In case you're wondering, Dra'kla is the original name of the Cosmic King who became the Norse gods, similar to how Connor became the Greek gods. Also, Go-mu-je is the original name of Connor's predecessor. NorDak is Dra'kla's successor. Also, just so you know, Dra'kla was the Cosmic King hundreds of Cosmic Kings before Connor.

It's hard thinking of alien names, but I do it better and prefer in more than pony names.

PreviousChapters Next