• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,702 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,702

PreviousChapters Next
L15.4 Operation Coronation

“Sweetie, it’s time to say a few words.” Celestia smiled warmly as the filly buzzed her wings to stand upon the railing, being too small to properly address the crowd otherwise. Beside her, Luna smiled, forgetting her suspicions to enjoy the moment. In between them sat the Mane6, all holding back tears of joy.

“Attention everypony.” Sweetie raised a hoof, silencing the crowd like Celestia had shown her to. The crowd slowly stopped cheering, and Sweetie smiled down at them. Quickly locating her friends in the crowd, she began to speak.

“Before I ascended, I was just a regular filly, trying to learn what my mark was. My school had two fillies that constantly bullied me and my friends about that fact. Their attacks made us miserable, and only hurt us more in the long run.” Sweetie closed her eyes and lowered her head, seeing the nervous glances of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

“But!” Sweetie raised her head and smiled down at the ponies. All were looking at her with sympathy. Most knew her pain, having met ponies like that before.

“When I got to know these ponies, whether they know I did or not, I realised something that granted me great insight and wisdom into bullies in general. For you see, bullies are ponies too. And what do ponies desire above all others?” Sweetie waited a moment, before smiling warmly. Twilight, who was standing behind her, smiled knowingly. Nodding her head, she approved of this lesson.

“Friendship.” Sweetie closed her eyes, calling upon her magic to try and induce a Heart Song. Sweetie opened them, feeling the magic starting to respond. All around her, a tune began to rise up from nowhere. Sweetie smiled, there was time for one more statement before she was taken by song.

“It reminded me that bullies are ponies too. Yes, there are mean ponies in the world. But, they are still ponies.”

(Sweetie starts singing around the 30s mark)

Listen closely all there below,
I have something to tell, not show.
Ponies have wronged me time before,
But now I have wisdom I must implore.

There will be times of sadness,
But you must be strong,
Sing your heart to the sky,
For only you can truly fly

Bullies will bring you down,
that is true.
But you can rise from it,
into something new
For we are all connected
By pony hearts

So stand strong
Don’t let them bring you down
For we are connected
By pony hearts

Sweetie looked down, seeing tearful smiled on everypony’s face. Beaming, she bowed her head, and stepped off the railing. Turning to Celestia, Sweetie smiled as she nodded her approval. It seemed her Heart Song was ok. Sweetie hoped it would at least help ponies for the last few days of the loop.

After the Coronation there was a party. Sweetie dug into the sweets, trying to appear regal as she did so, and failing masterfully. Sweetie noticed Celestia take a single slice of cake and hide it somewhere. Giggling, she didn’t envy the princess, having to keep her love of sweet things under wraps. After all, Sweetie Belle was ‘Sweet’ie Belle.

Slipping under the covers, Sweetie snuggled into her blankets and smiled. It had been a wonderful day. Sweetie was so full of pride and plain happiness her smile was beginning to hurt. Looking toward the ceiling, Sweetie turned her head as somepony knocked at the door. Sitting up, Sweetie levitated it open.

“Princess Celestia.” Sweetie tilted her head, and stood up. Celestia pulled out a scroll from her mane, and held it out. Opening it, Sweetie raised an eyebrow.

“Shield spells? Are you sure I can even cast these?” Sweetie looked at the first one. It was made to keep her coat dry when splashed with water. It wouldn’t work to stop her getting wet when tossed in a lake, but would help her get dry once she got out.

“The first one should be easy enough. The main reason I am bringing them up here is your unique magic situation. You said you have to levitate to stop a headache correct?” Celestia tilted her head, and nodded as Sweetie did the same.

“Then you should switch to a shield spell. It requires magic constantly to maintain it, and is probably a better magic-sink than levitation.” Celestia smiled warmly as Sweetie looked at the spell and frowned. Closing her eyes, Sweetie clenched her teeth and cast the first spell. Her horn spluttered and groaned, but eventually she felt a shiver pass over her, and opened her eyes.

“Your shield is still very weak, but it will grow in strength as your magic does. I must take my leave now. Goodbye Sweetie.” Celestia bowed her head, and left. Sweetie gently rolled up the scroll, and put it in her saddlebags. Smiling, Sweetie walked over to the tap, and turned it on. Sure enough, her fur was wet when under the water, but was dry almost instantly once she took it out.

“I wonder if it works for tree sap,” she commented wistfully. Shrugging, Sweetie turned and headed back toward her bed. Either way, Celestia was right. While it was draining, the walk to the bed left Sweetie puffing, it did stop her headaches. Canceling the spell, Sweetie popped into bed and closed her eyes. Switching back to levitating the book, she stifled a yawn and snuggled into the blankets.

'It's too much for me right now, but it will definitely be a good option in the future.' Sweetie smiled, and slowly drifted off to sleep. If she was lucky, she and Luna could have some fun seeing other ponies dreams. If not, there was always the dinosaur dream. Sweetie giggled, wondering what others would say if they knew she liked dinosaurs. Would they tease her about it?

Sweetie supposed it didn't matter, no one but Luna would ever know. Luna was very protective of others dreams around those who would exploit that knowledge. It was one of the reasons Sweetie had never seen her sister's dreams, except for that one time with Luna when she had to learn a lesson. Though, whose dream had that been anyhow? Sweetie shook her head, discarding the thoughts, sleep came before dinosaurs.

Sweetie wondered if it was possible to bring dinosaurs back to life.

Author's Note:

I kinda picture Sweetie as a 'best of both worlds' kinda kid. As in both a tomboy and a princess if you catch my meaning.

PreviousChapters Next