• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,702 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,702

PreviousChapters Next
L12.4

Author's Note:

When the previous chapter went out, I asked people: Should Sweetie keep her CM? I found reasons for and against myself, and I honestly had no preference either way. This is the result of that question, which was removed once I had enough comments to make my decision.


Early chapter is very early so I don't sleep in and miss posting it at the usual time.

“Utility Spells and you?” Sweetie tilted her head as she read the book’s title. It was one in a small stack of spellbooks placed in front of Sweetie. Biting her lip, she wondered if she would actually be able to levitate all that. Thankfully, it looked like they had included a cart to carry it in. Celestia bowed her head once. Sweetie felt a lingering tingle where her wings had been. It was a pity the spell only lasted three days.

“These are the same books Twilight read when she was starting out with magic. A lot of them are low level spells, but toward the end there are some that may prove useful. Either way, it wouldn’t hurt to know how to do more than levitation correct?” Celestia smiled and Sweetie gave a slow nod.

“That makes sense I suppose.” Sweetie looked toward Twilight and Rarity as she levitated the cart handle, pulling it toward her. Twilight smiled, and both bid farewell to the Princesses with a bow. Sweetie blinked, and then turned to copy the action. Celestia and Luna bowed their heads too, though not as low as Twilight did.

Making their way out of Canterlot, they had opted for the train instead, despite the offer from Celestia. Sweetie supposed that was wise, considering she didn’t want to lose any books in transit. Sitting down inside the train beside her sister, Sweetie flipped the top book open and glanced at the chapter titles. As expected, they were a list of spells.

Spell list(Ordered by chapter)
Beginner:
1: Water
2: Spark(For fire(ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED))
3: Stop-Sneeze
4: Wake-me-up
5: Knockout
6: Trip
7: Itch-be-gone
Intermediate
8: Stun
9: Telekinetic force(Knock-back)
10: Disarm
11: Teleport
12: Fireworks
13: Smokebomb
14: Cloudwalking
Advanced
15: Flight Spell(Wings)
16: Fire
17: Levitate self
18: Change gravity
19: Transform
20: Shield

Sweetie looked over the list, recognizing a lot she had seen Twilight using. The Intermediate and Advanced spells looked to be well worth learning. Sweetie knew she would need to practice through. At the very least, it looked like she could use the Beginner spells to play some pranks. Which reminded her, she still needed to look at the letters everypony had given her to prove she was in a time loop.

After arriving home, Sweetie quickly went up to her room to practice. The first one she tried was the water spell. Closing her eyes, she gritted her teeth, and slowly a drop of water dripped from her horn. Opening her eyes, she narrowed them, watching water leak like a dripping tap. Sweetie sighed, well, there was one she’d have to practice.

The next was the spark spell. Sweetie looked to her combustible room and shook her head. No, she wasn’t that stupid. The next one was a stop-sneeze spell. Sweetie cast it a few times, feeling a tingling sensation in her nose each time. After a while, Sweetie noticed her sinuses had cleared. Well, that could come in handy. The wake-me-up would have to wait until tonight.

Sweetie cast the knockout on her teddy, watching it fall over with a soft thump. Sweetie bit her lip, another spell she would have to practice. Wiping the sweat off her brow, she puffed. These spells were really hard. Sweetie wondered how many loops it would take before she moved to the Intermediate.

The trip was just using levitation to grab a person’s leg as they were walking. Sweetie decided to skip it for now. Finally, the itch-be-gone. Sweetie felt a shiver pass through her body as she cast it, and sighed as an itch she wasn’t aware of vanished. Sweetie wanted to use that spell more often, it felt really good.

Finally, Sweetie placed the book back on the cart. Walking downstairs, Sweetie approached Rarity. Rarity was currently making dinner, salad. Whether that was due to a certain filly strongly recommending it was an entirely different matter. It was definitely not related, not one bit.

“I have to spend tomorrow night somewhere else to repair the house.” Sweetie saw the slow nod from Rarity, and both mused for a moment. Sweetie could always spend a night in Twilight’s, but that left the risk of confusion in the morning. Besides, Twilight had a habit of staying up late.

“How about your treehouse?” Rarity placed two plates of salad down as Sweetie sat down to eat. Sweetie nodded, it sounded like a decent idea. It might be a bit cold though. Sweetie didn’t mind too much about the cold, it would still be fun to camp out in the clubhouse.

“Alright Sweetie, I’ll help you move your camping gear there tomorrow. For now; let’s eat.”


Sweetie snuggled into her sleeping bag, considering going to bed. After remembering her Mark, she sat up and looked toward the clock that was technically hers now. Levitating it over, she waited as time slowly ticked over.

11:59…

12:00

Sweetie glanced to her flank, and sighed in relief. Her Mark was still there. Rubbing it, Sweetie smiled warmly, remembering the moment with crystal clarity. It was something she was never going to forget, that’s for sure. The question was, how could she use the loops to achieve it? Sweetie sighed and shifted further into her sleeping bag.

Rarity would be looking for her in the morning. Groaning, Sweetie sat up and quickly packed her things into a corner. Sweetie knew none of the Crusaders would be coming to the clubhouse, so it was safe to leave things here. Turning, Sweetie trotted outside, closing the door with her magic.

Shivering in the cold, she walked through the deserted streets. Eventually she made her way back to the boutique, and entered quietly. Sneaking upstairs, she quickly checked her sister’s room. Creeping into her room, she was pleased to see the damage was gone, and slipped quietly into the sheets.

Giving a yawn, Sweetie settled into wonderful dreams about her Mark. Sweetie dreamed of her friends seeing it, and praising her. Sweetie smiled in her sleep. Finally, all three of them could potentially gain their marks. That might be the key to getting out of the loop. Sweetie dared to hope it was, finally slipping into slumber.

PreviousChapters Next