• Published 18th Jul 2014
  • 5,326 Views, 196 Comments

The Pale Prince - Dark_Knight



Death, the eldest of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, has been given a new chance at life as a reward from the Creator Himself for all the good he's done in life.

  • ...
13
 196
 5,326

Chapter 6

Author's Note:

IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS FIRST!
From now on, the story will be told in 1st person from Death's POV, in order to make it easier on me.

My inspiration for this:

I... honestly don't know what came over me.

One moment, I see that jackass who seems to share my likeness; the next, we're both in a clearing just outside of the ballroom, surrounded by all the rulers of this planet, dueling over who will claim custody and care for a child that was of no known species, yet vaguely resembling Celestia and Luna. The rules seemed to be simple: when royals personally challenged each other in this fashion, the more war-like countries like the Griffin Empire or the Minotaur Confederacy preside over the duel; the challenged would choose the weapon they would fight with, and whoever was killed or submitted first would lose, and the winner would claim the prize that was the cause of said duel.

We were all lead into an open area of the castle's courtyard, where Sombra and I stood at opposite edges of the field. Then, Emperor Metalbeak walked into the center of the arena, wings fully unfurled as per custom; the griffin looked at both of us before calling out.

"Azrael: Prince of unknown origin, has challenged Sombra: King of the Crystal Empire to a duel, the winner of which, shall gain full custody of the child that the latter brought; King Sombra!", he said, turning to the Unicorn, "As the challenged party, you decide the weapon the two of you will fight with."

The stallion thought for a moment, before purple smoke started trailing from his eyes and magic started bubbling from his horn. A crystal of Dark Magic erupted from the ground next to Sombra, before molding itself into the one weapon that I was praying he wouldn't pick: a sword. While my face was completely neutral, my thoughts were a different story as I was somehow able to override the curse-lock the Creator put on me, and was using the freedom to its fullest. You see, while I was expert at gauntlets, scythes--of course--glaives, hammers, maces, guns, and claws, I could never get the hang of swords; I mean, they're so unimaginative, and the blade is only on one side. How War is able to use one as tall as him is beyond me.

"Azrael!", shouted Metalbeak, snapping me out of my inner swearing, "create your sword with your inner magic!" ,I was frozen; great, alchemy, my second least favorite. As I pondered how to go about the situation, His Royal Foolishness spoke.

"Ah, so you are petrified by my magical capabilities already? I'll just have my guard reclaim my p-"

That was when I stopped listening and finally decided this: Fuck. My. Opinions.

My horn glowed it's royal purple hue, as if on instinct, as bones from the forest outside the castle started to crawl towards a spot in front of me; there were teeth, claws, stingers, talons, beaks, and horns being bound together by what little flesh and sinew still clung to them, resulting in my creation. It was a long sword similar in design to Sombra's in the simplistic, general design that children would draw a sword in; but the edges were serrated with talons, claws, and fangs , as leg, wing, and arm bones made up the flat of the blade, and two small femurs took up the hilt and handle. The bones were held together by the same flesh as before, but now the flesh was tanned leather and made the saber appear more frightening, and I could smell the poison from the stingers mentioned before coating the weapon.

Using my magic, I picked up the sword to get a 'feel' for it; it was surprisingly well-balanced, which I've never felt on any sword, and seemed to fit my form perfectly. I looked over at Metalbeak, who seemed to be shocked and pleased with how fast the blade was put together--much faster than Sombra--while the Mad King seemed actually shocked, before putting his mask of arrogance back on. The Griffon Emperor unsheathed his own sword and lifted the weapon high above him, before swiftly swinging it down, indicating the battle's start.

Sombra and I charged before locking blades in the center of the battlefield. We remained like that for a time until I head-butted the Unicorn, ending the stale-mate and started hacking and slashing, the king barely able to keep up with the speed and force that I put into each swing. We both jumped back, panting from the exertion, and started circling around each other with our heads low to the ground, appearing as two predators fighting over territory. I knew he didn't care whether or not he got the child back, he was just doing this to show Princess Luna his strength in combat by defeating a member of a race that is seen as a god to the inhabitants to this world, and that made me even more angry. My combatant seemed to be unaccustomed to swords as well, as he was simply parrying and using moves that I KNOW War would break the blade in half over how sloppy the king was performing.

"You are certainly stronger than I anticipated, Auriel," Sombra said just loud enough for only me to hear, "but do you really believe that some two-bit Alicorn that just shows up the night before, showing chivalry and politeness to MY Luna, and challenging me in front of every important leader on this planet will defeat me? I can see through your façade; all you are is a monster, who chained himself and put on a mask to hide his true face from the rest of Creation." he finished his mind games with something that truly confused me: "How did it feel, killing your own kind just so all those who live because of it, now shun and fear you?"

How did he know- I thought to myself, before a burning sensation appeared in my chest, causing me to almost lose concentration. I knew this feeling: Anger, and it was consuming me as thoughts that weren't my own started filling my head.

He is correct... the voice said in a mocking tone, why did we even bother with killing the Nephillim, if all that would come of it would be hatred and fear from Creation? We were shackled to a corrupt council that sought to blame War for actions he never committed; we pretend to be men, when all we are... is a monster clawing its' way out.

And we should embrace it.

All of a sudden, red filled my vision as I let out a roar and charged Sombra, taking the king by surprise. With one swing of my sword, I sliced his own in half, before breaking his front left leg with my hoof; the Mad King screamed in agony, before falling on his side, clutching the broken appendage. I pointed my saber at Sombra, and spoke in a voice that was barely my own.

"Do you yield?"

The king nodded through clenched eyes, as Metalbeak was snapped out of the trance my anger put him in. The emperor raised his sword, and said, "Azrael wins by forfeit!"

And just like that, my world went black.

Comments ( 34 )

Why did Death let someone live!?

Nice to see this update. No real qualms with this chapter. The fight a bit short, but made sense. :3 All in all, not a bad chapter. Felt short {despite not actually being shorter than others} but that's a minor gripe. I hope to see another soon.

great chapter:derpytongue2:

6031803 You are saying that in the Darksider games he did not leave the the the guard captain, which you could challange to fight, alive after he had beaten him? Death does not kill every single being he fights against.
Of course this was because he was the skills vendor, but it is this a valid point. He did not kill him.

6031985 Fair enough, but he knows what Sombra has done. He should have killed him.

I mean, they're so unimaginative, and the blade is only on one side.

Eh?
He uses SEVERAL weapons with the blade on one side. Harvester's twin form has it on ONE side each. Glaives only have a blade at the end. Claws only have the blades over the hand itself.

You might want to rephrase that line to something like him complaining about the double edge.

6032051 umm... Death always challenged Sombra... the challenge is just what Sombra was hoping for so he could "inpress" Luna

6032028 what I meant to say was is that Death can't use hardly any of his normal skills with a sword like a scythe

6031992 Sombra still has a roll to play

6032569 If Sombra wanted to impress Luna by beating Death, why did he choose to fight with a sword, an unfamiliar weapon to both parties?

6032810 one word: testosterone

6032569 impress not inpress

Una

Good chapter as always my friend.

You see, while I was expert at gauntlets, scythes--of course--glaives, hammers, maces, guns, and claws, I could never get the hang of swords; I mean, they're so unimaginative, and the blade is only on one side.

Have you ever even looked at a sword before?!
Not to mention, scythes, glaives, and claws all have the blade on one side. Hammers and maces aren't even bladed weapons, they're blunt weapons, and guns aren't melee weapons at all.

This is getting good. Sombra you just got your ass kicked.

Are you planning on updating this anytime soon? Because this is the best Darksiders crossover I've found on the whole site and I really want more. Please don't let this story die.

I want more but the story seems dead.:fluttercry:

6032569 so will this continue or will we wait in dispair

6917502 why would we wait in deaths stead

Please make more chapters because this crossover is really great and amazing work like this should be continued.

Dude you NEED to make more chapters please.

Where are the rest? I came to find a good story and I found one only to learn that it only has 6 chapters!? I came for a good read and I demand MORE!!! ... please...:fluttercry:

two words sombra... idiot you do not pis off the eldest of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse DEATH so bye bye king sombra the three Horsemen of the Apocalypse are coming ]:) hahaHAHAhahaHAHAhahaHAHA

good story, and is it bad I can see down the road, twilight being the daughter of death and luna, and War show up down the road and end up hit it off with celesitia, with sunset shimmer being those two daugther

This jackal shit is far-fetched

I hope this story is dead forever, or better yet, let it be deleted

Login or register to comment